• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 2,519 Views, 90 Comments

Equestria Girls Series; Episode 1: Rainbow Dash - That_G3_Obsessive



Rarity was just trying to do Rainbow's mane. Promise. But when those hairless THINGS showed up, she ran, leaving Rainbow tied to the chair with the creatures surrounding her. Now Twilight must go through the mirror once again to save her friend.

  • ...
6
 90
 2,519

Chapter 8: Twilight Sparkle

"Ugh..." Twilight groaned as she opened her eyes. The sunlight burned her eyes after being in the dark for so long.

Immediately she felt the top of her head with her hooves... no not hooves. Hands. Good. Her crown was still there.

Twilight remembered the last time she went through the mirror into Canterlot High. She had taken one look at her new hands and screamed. Now she was could look at them and her clothes in silence.

Something else caught her attention. She had her wings. While she was a human. Weird. The Equestria Girls were in for a big shock when they saw themselves. Speaking of the girls, where was everypo- everybody? The pony-turned-human got to her feet and started sprinting for the doors to the school, but after two seconds lost her balance and fell.

"I will never get used to walking on two legs," she muttered as she regained her balance. Twilight started off again, going at a slower pace this time. She soon got the hang of it and was sprinting down the hall to the cafeteria.

"Empty," she said to herself when she got there. She walked up to a classroom and looked through the window. Nobody.

"I must see Principle Celestia," she decided, and took off through the halls to the office. She knocked on the door, but nobody answered. She tried the door, but it was locked.

"Where is everybody?" she wondered aloud. Maybe they were outside, she thought. Twilight suddenly remembered her wings and took off, soaring through the front door and onto the soccer fields. She was expecting to see Rainbow Dash kicking balls into the net, but it was empty. She went into town, then landed behind a hedge and folded her wings carefully behind her back. She walked casually to the boutique, where Rarity lived. She opened the door, and a tiny bell chime rang.

"Be right there!" called a voice from behind the counter. There was already a human standing there, a stallion by the looks of it. He was tapping his foot impatiently for Rarity.

"Just a minute!" called Rarity again as she emerged from the counter. Twilight saw that she had two horse ears sticking up from her royal purple hair, and her white skin was flawless, as usual. She brought up a suit for the man in front who just stared at her ears, eyes wide. When he took the suit and saw Twilight with her ears, he took off, yelling something about mutant horse-people from Mars, whatever that meant.

"Now how may I help yoOOOUUU!!! her voice turned into a yell as she saw Twilight. "Twilight? What are you doing here?" she gasped.

"Rarity! I need your help. Where's Rainbow Dash?" Twilight was starting to get frantic. With every passing moment, her Rainbow was getting farther and farther out of reach!

"Calm down, deary, and tell me what's wrong," Rarity soothed gently when she saw tears brimming at the Equestrian's purple eyes.

Twilight took a deep breath and calmed down. "We need to talk," she said.

* * *

"They did WHAT?!?" Rarity looked horrified at Twilight's story. "I had heard about some people taking animals from their natural homes for money, but I never thought it was TRUE!"

"And I need Rainbow Dash to help me save her," Twilight concluded.

"Why Rainbow Dash?" Rarity asked with concern.

"Well..." Twilight trailed off. "I don't know, really. Maybe because this Rainbow would now if my Rainbow would get in any trouble if she was kidnapped?"

"I completely understand, dear," Rarity reassured. "She's at her house. How about I take you there?"

Twilight just nodded, glad that she had such good friends in both worlds.

"Come on, then," Rarity could read Twilight's feelings perfectly, and she could tell just by looking at her that the pony was heartbroken for her missing friend.

* * *

The two girls looked up at an average house in the "'burbs", as Rarity called them. Rarity walked right up to the door and rang the doorbell.

Ding... dong... the sound faded and the door creaked open.

"Hello, Mrs. Dash," Rarity said to a middle-aged lady who looked down at them both. "May we see Rainbow, please?"

"Always so polite, Rarity," Rainbow's mom beamed at her. "And who might this young lady be?"

"A new girl at school. I wanted Rainbow to meet her," Rarity said.

"She's in her room. You know where it is," Rainbow's mom gave the girls a wink.

"Thank you, Mrs. Dash," Twilight said, because it seemed like the right thing to do in this world. Rarity led the way up the stairs into a hallway that led to a room at the end.

Rainbow's room was like no other school-filly's room she had ever seen. It was huge, for the first thing, with sky blue walls decorated with clouds. There was a loft bed with a ladder leading up to the top, and a desk underneath. A blue laptop was running a screensaver of a soccer player from the Canterlot Wondercolts. There were sports posters everywhere, and the closet had a dresser inside of it. On the bedstand there were tons of sports magazines, a lamp, and a tank with a small turtle inside.

On the bed, reading a magazine, was Rainbow Dash herself. Her cyan-blue skin reflected her messy mane of rainbow hair. She wore a white shirt with a storm cloud shooting out a rainbow lightning bolt. Over that she wore a denim jacket with a pink and white striped skirt. She wore black leggings underneath the skirt, with sky blue knee-high boots. She was just like Twilight remembered.

There was another addition to the girl. Her hair was longer than usual, she had pony ears protruding from her head, and she had blue, feathered wings sprouting from her back. She didn't seem to notice them or the girls.

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity yelled. Rainbow jumped so hard she fell off the bed. Right before she hit the floor, she started hovering, her wings flapping. She peeked open her eyes, and saw that she was an inch from the shag carpet. Then her wings snapped to her sides, and she landed on her face.

"Tell me next time you come into my room!" Rainbow snapped. Then she saw Twilight. "Oh... that explains the wings."

"We have a lot to talk about," Twilight started.

Author's Note:

I tried to make Rainbow's room look as much like a regular teenager's room as possible, but with the Rainbow Dash touch. I think I did okay. :)