• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 2,519 Views, 90 Comments

Equestria Girls Series; Episode 1: Rainbow Dash - That_G3_Obsessive



Rarity was just trying to do Rainbow's mane. Promise. But when those hairless THINGS showed up, she ran, leaving Rainbow tied to the chair with the creatures surrounding her. Now Twilight must go through the mirror once again to save her friend.

  • ...
6
 90
 2,519

Chapter 6: Twilight Sparkle

Twilight raced off the Friendship Express, closely followed by her friends. They made a beeline for the castle, where the mirror was held. Twilight's horn had a magical magenta aura, and a jeweled box was levitating close behind the mares as they galloped.

"Twily!" came a deep neigh of a stallion. A white pony came through the doors, with his royal blue mane messy from sleeping. "What are you doing here? It's the middle of the night?"

"You haven't heard?" Twilight whispered.

"Heard what?" the unicorn looked confused.

"Twilight!" came a sweet voice.

"Cadence! This is an-" Twilight began.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake, clap your hooves and do a little... shake?" Cadence trailed off of the secret hoofshake she and Twilight always did. "What's wrong?"

"Twily, what's going on?" asked the unicorn.

The purple alicorn broke down into tears. "Oh, S-Shining Armor! It w-was t-terrible! T-the humans! T-they came to E-Equestria! T-they took her!" she sobbed.

"What? Humans? Who did they take?" Cadence asked gently. Then Twilight's friends caught up to her.

Shining Armor's expression turned stony. "Where's Rainbow Dash?" he demanded.

"ThesehumanthingiescametoEquestriaandRaritywasdoingRainbow'smaneandshetiedherupbecauseRainbowdidn'twanthermanedoneandthenthehumansinvadedtheBoutiqueandRarityranleavingRainbowtiedtothechairandthenthehumanssurroundedtheexitsandRainbowwasstilltiedtothechairandthentheygrabbedherandputherintoacageandtookherawayandnowTwilighthastogothroughthatmirrortoCanterlotHighagainsoshecanrescueherandIreallywanttocomebutTwilightwon'tletanyofuseventhoughwemaynotseeheragainforareallyREALLYlongtime!" Pinkie Pie said, giving a humongous grin afterwords.

"Yep, that about sums it up," said AppleJack.

"You see," said Twilight, who was still sniffling, "I need to go through the mirror again to rescue Rainbow. We were hoping the Elements of Harmony would be enough to open the portal again."

"Twilight, you can't seriously expect us to let you go into that other world again," began Shining Armor.

"No, Shining, she can go if she wants to. She's a princess now, remember?" Cadence reasoned.

"I have to do this," said Twilight. "Otherwise we may never see Rainbow again!"

"I'm sorry, Twilight," said Shining Armor, now fighting back tears of his own. "You're a grown mare now. I have to let you go sometime."

"I'll always be there. And I'll come back," Twilight added, giving her brother a hug. "Now, where is the mirror?"

* * *

Twilight stood before the tall mirror with a look of wonder on her face.

She summoned a wave of magenta magic from her horn, and skillfully took her crown and Element of Harmony out of the jeweled case. She gently placed it on her head.

Next she levitated four necklaces out of the box, and placed each on her friend's neck, according to their Cutie Mark. She left one in the box. A ruby carved into the shape of a lightning bolt. Rainbow Dash.

"I'm going to do three experiments on how to open the mirror," she explained. "First, I will try it alone, to see if the crown holds such power to open the mirror by itself. If that fails, then we try with the five of us. If that doesn't work, we'll send somepony to get Princess Celestia and have her stand for Rainbow Dash. Any questions?"

"I've got one," said Fluttershy. "If it takes more than one Element to open the mirror, how will you get back to Equestria?"

"I'll leave my Element here if that happens, then Celestia can use my Element to open the mirror again once I've got Rainbow. Ready?"

"Ready!"

Twilight focused all of her power on the mirror. Soon her horn and crown began to glow, getting brighter, and brighter...

Suddenly there was a blinding white light, and Twilight pressed her hoof against the glass. It rippled like water.

Very slowly, she stepped through into another world.

Author's Note:

Challenge: See if you can read what Pinkie Pie says in the wordsthatareformattedlikethiswithoutmessingup. Let me know if you can!