• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 2,519 Views, 90 Comments

Equestria Girls Series; Episode 1: Rainbow Dash - That_G3_Obsessive



Rarity was just trying to do Rainbow's mane. Promise. But when those hairless THINGS showed up, she ran, leaving Rainbow tied to the chair with the creatures surrounding her. Now Twilight must go through the mirror once again to save her friend.

  • ...
6
 90
 2,519

Prologue: Twilight Sparkle

A purple and magenta alicorn, a tear running down her cheek, flew down from her perch on top of the Golden Oak Library, watching the smoke clear from the sky. Down on the ground there were four ponies. A meadow-yellow pegasus pony, gently crying as her animal friends comforted her with little squeaks and chirps. The mare seemed to be holding a tortoise, though it also looked like the tortoise had aviator's goggles and a mini-helicopter strapped to its back. A bright pink earth pony mare, though her once-puffy mane now lay on her back without even a wave. She stared at the ground, glaring at nothing. An orange earth pony was gently comforting a snow-white unicorn, though when she caught the alicorn's eye, she nodded her head with a grim look in her eyes. Amid all of the chaos was the unicorn, her royal purple mane now a mess, her mascara dripping down her face.

"...b-but it's all my fault!" wailed the sobbing unicorn. "I tied her to the chair! It's all my fault!" The alicorn walked up to the pretty pony and knelt beside her.

"Rarity, you can't blame yourself. We all could have done things different to help her. Just remember, this could be a great thing," she said to the unicorn, Rarity.

"Twilight's right," said the earth pony, with a heavy Southern drawl. "Well, at least about the 'ya can' blame yer-self' part. I ain't so sure this could be such a great thin'. I mean, what in the hay is that suppos' tuh mean, gosh, darn it!" She threw down her hat in anger.

"Don't worry, AppleJack. We'll figure this out. We'll get her back. This could be part of a great destiny that none of us yet understand," soothed Twilight.

"B-but what i-if we d-don't get her back! W-we'll n-never see h-her again, and it's all m-my f-f-f-F-FAULT!!! WAAAAAAHH!!!!!!" Rarity bawled. Twilight summoned a shield for her and AppleJack with her unicorn horn against the rain of tears that was coming down on them both.

"Rarity!" shouted Twilight, but she couldn't seem to get the unicorn's attention. "Rarity! RARITY!!!" Eventually the ponies got Rarity to calm down enough to talk.

"Rarity! I've got a plan to rescue her! I've got a plan to rescue Rainbow!" Twilight exclaimed with glee.

"What is it, sugercube?" asked AppleJack.

"You know how those hairless things stole Rainbow?"

"Yes, darling, please go on," Rarity was fully hooked now that she could make it up to her friend.

"Well, I've seen those things before."

"Where?" AppleJack and Rarity said it at the same time.

"In the alternate universe through the mirror!" Twilight shouted with joy.

"WHAT?!?!" AppleJack's mouth dropped open. "So yer meanin' to say that there's ANOTHER way into Equestria besides the mirror? Now, that's just pony feathers. There ain't no way those human folk can get into Equestria without going through the mirror and gettin' turned into ponies."

"But what if there IS a way?" Twilight urged. "What if the mirror is just a shortcut, and you can get to the other world just by traveling over the ocean?"

"That does explain why they went on that giant floatie-thingie after they got her." Rarity reasoned. "It is a reasonable explanation. But, deary, PLEASE explain why you brought this up?"

"Because," Twilight whispered, "I am planning to go to the other world. Through the mirror. And I'm going to rescue our friend."

Author's Note:

This is my first story on FiMFiction. I would like some constructive critisizem, please.

Does anypony know how you put the little pony-head-emotiocon-thingies on the Author's Notes?

9/8: I double-spaced the paragraphs for the story. Please let me know if there is something else wrong with it. Thx!