• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 2,519 Views, 90 Comments

Equestria Girls Series; Episode 1: Rainbow Dash - That_G3_Obsessive



Rarity was just trying to do Rainbow's mane. Promise. But when those hairless THINGS showed up, she ran, leaving Rainbow tied to the chair with the creatures surrounding her. Now Twilight must go through the mirror once again to save her friend.

  • ...
6
 90
 2,519

Chapter 17: Rainbow Dash

When Rainbow woke up again, it took her a moment to take in her surroundings. Drab, boring curtains, white sheets, medical egghead stuff everywhere.

How did I get in the hospital? she wondered. When she looked down, she saw her chest was bandaged, as with both her wings and her back leg.

Twilight must have brought her back to Ponyville! Finally, Rainbow was home!

But something was missing. Rainbow realized her friends weren't there welcoming her back. Had they forgotten about her?

No, Rainbow scolded herself. How could her friends forget her in twenty-four hours? I must have been out for a little bit. They probably had to carry on with their lives. But if Rainbow knew Twilight Sparkle, she would be there staring at her. So why wasn't she?

Suddenly she heard hoof-steps outside. She straitened, waiting for her friends to burst in yelling "Welcome back, Dashie!"

"Oh, Miss Rainbow Dash. You're up," said a nurse. "Well eat up, because you'll probably be asleep in an hour." She dumped a tray of food onto Rainbow's lap, then walked out. If you could call it food. Ugh, that's disgusting, she groaned in her head. It was literally a blob of pink Jello-like substance, and water in a glass. Well, at least it's better than the goop they served on the Floater, she thought. She gulped it down making many signature faces while she did it, and finally looked for something to do.

Rainbow spotted the latest novel of Daring Do on the shelf next to her bed. Courtesy of Twilight, obviously.

She heard more hoof-steps outside just as she picked up the book, so she put it back and waited for her friends to come in.

"DASHIE!" shrieked Pinkie Pie, giving her a giant bear hug that made her chest ache, and got several dirty looks from the nurses.

"Ow! Pinkie, that hurt!" she protested. "Oh, I've missed you all so much!" she finally gave in.

"Dashie! I'm planning this huge Welcome Back party for you once you're better, and it'll be fun-a-fun-fun!" Pinkie said in a quieter voice, but it was still very loud.

"We've missed you," said Fluttershy simply. Rainbow gave her a big hug than turned to Applejack.

"'Sup, AJ," she said. Then she cracked up and gave another big hug.

The only pony that hadn't said anything was Rarity. She was wiping a tear from her eye, and was anything but happy to see her long-lost friend.

"You're probably going to renounce me as your friend," she sniffed. "I understand if you do."

"Why in Equestria would I renounce you as my friend?" Rainbow was puzzled by Rarity's sadness.

"I'm the one who got you kidnapped in the first place," she said. "You'll probably hate me for that."

"Oh, Rarity, I don't hate you," the pegasus grinned, throwing her arms around her. "Just promise me one thing."

"What? Oh, I'll do anything to make it up to you!" Rarity cried, now in full-on sob mode.

"Never try to style my mane again," she laughed.

All her friends laughed at that, and let's just say there were some tears shed.

Then Rainbow noticed that she was missing somepony.

"Where's Twilight?"

"We... um," Fluttershy trailed off.

"We, uh, kinda tied her to her bed," muttered AJ.

"What?"

"Deary, she was going insane over you," Rarity burst out.

"She was going even more koko-loko than me!" Pinkie Pie clarified, which wasn't very clear.

"She was fretting for days about when you'd wake up. She wouldn't sleep, or eat, or do anything but sit here and stare at you!" Rarity explained.

"I've been out for days?" Rainbow whispered.

"Afraid so," sighed Applejack.

"Wow," Rainbow was shocked. Days?!? Poor Twilight!

"That reminds me," Rarity was looking sheepish. "We should probably let her go now."

"I'll go get her," offered Fluttershy.

"I'll go with you!" bounced Pinkie, and together they went to the library.

* * *

"RAINBOW DASH!!!" Twilight yelled. More nurses gathered, giving Twilight angry looks despite her rank as princess.

"Thanks," Rainbow looked at her hooves.

"For what?"

"Saving me. I'd probably be sitting in a pet shop right now if it weren't for you." Her huge, magenta irises gleamed.

"I'd do it for any of you," she said, wiping a tear. But a tear of joy, this time. "You're my best friends in Equestria, and beyond, and I'd never let anypony hurt you."

"Now, about that Welcome Back party..." Rainbow got that familiar, mischievous light in her eyes, and she had a feeling that everything was finally back to normal at last.

* * *

"WHEEE!!!!" shouted Pinkie Pie as more and more ponies filed in. This was the BEST PARTY EVER!!!!

"LOOK EVERYPONY!" shouted Bon Bon. "RAINBOW"S HERE!!!"

Everypony looked at Twilight Sparkle as she wheeled in a cyan-blue pegasus with a chromatic mane and tail in a wheelchair. Rainbow Dash must have looked surprised that everypony cared for her so much, because that's how she felt. She looked at all of the familiar faces with a brand new light. Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, Scootaloo, Rose, Lily, Daisy, and all the others...

Her gaze rested on a few special ponies standing in the middle while Twilight wheeled her towards them. Her friends, her fellow Elements of Harmony...

Rainbow's eyes glazed over at all that everypony had done for her. This was the biggest party she had ever seen, and even Mayor Mare was there, ready to make some huge speech in honor of her. Even though she wouldn't be able to walk for a few days, or fly for two weeks, she felt great.

Nothing could ruin this day. Rainbow had a feeling that everything would be just fine from now on...

Author's Note:

It's not over yet. we still need to have one last chat with Discord, don't we?

Hint: Notice that I didn't say "four" ponies. I said a few. And also notice that the only name Rainbow mentions is Pinkie Pie...

Muah ha ha ha ha!!!!

I will for sure do a sequel.