• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,188 Views, 69 Comments

Back to Equestria brothers. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



After killing Kyras, the blood ravens must rebuild their chapter. Guess which planet was decided to be used as training grounds?

  • ...
4
 69
 3,188

Angels of weeping

grunted in agreement. He was fiddling with some clocks.

“I presume you are Dr. Whooves?” Martellus asked standing at the counter.

“Indeed I am good chap.” The doctor replied. “If I may, what manner of creature are you?”

“I am a human. As is my friend here.” Martellus said pointing at Cyrus who nodded but said nothing.

“Well... pleasure to meet you.... Mr...”

“Martellus.” The techmarine droned.

“Are you like..... a machine? Robot?” The stallion asked.

“Partially. Same goes for Cyrus. We make use of cybernetics and enhancements where we come from.”

“So you are an advanced race I presume?”

“Indeed we are.” The techmarine replied. “Now then, If I am not mistaken, we were told you have a device that can manipulate time?

“I have a lot of those.” The Doctor replied. “What are you interested in?”

“Well... if I have my information correct, then you posses a device that allows time to move faster?”

“Something similar.” The stallion said. “You want to go back in time?”

“No. Stay in the present.” Martellus said.

“Well, mind telling me what you want to do? For all I know you could use my machines to go and I dunno, wipe out an entire race.”

“They kinda already did that, Doctor.” Twilight said. “They destroyed the good majority of the entire changeling race in mere hours.”

“Wow..... a race of mighty warriors I see. So... you going back in time to fight some undefeated foe?”

“No. We are training initiates.” Cyrus said finally choosing to speak up. “The process is slow, taking years. I am trying to find a way so that it will only take days or maybe a comparatively short time.”

“I got something like that.” The Doctor replied. “But....”

“You’re going to ask for something in return.” Martellus said. “What will it be?”

“Well...... perhaps maybe.... something from your planet or planets?”

“That’s it?” Cyrus asked.

“Oh no my good sir.” The brown stallion chucked. “Not just any old trinket. How about that thing you carry?”

“My sniper rifle? You might as well as take my good eye.” Cyrus said. “This thing is the reason I am still alive.”

“Eh... okay. How about.......” The Doctor sat down and began to think for a moment. “Maybe a detailed copy of every single race in the galaxy you’ve made contact with? Yourselves included in that copy of course. My requirements is that they must have a basic description, of their behavior patterns, diet, habitats etc.”

“Fair enough.” Cyrus said. “Go vox Angelos.”

“Will do.”

“Oh by the way, please make sure to update it regularly. I am interested in what creatures inhabit this galaxy. But before that, one more thing.”














“I see you fiend! You cannot escape me!” Diomedes once again gave a roar as he rushed Discord through the streets of Canterlot swinging his chainsword and taking potshots with his bolter. The draconequus evaded him easily using his magic to dodge everything that the space marine threw at him.


It had been quite the sight. First Discord jumped out of a window from the tallest building in Canterlot, then seeing a red alien jump out after him. Judging from the things it held in it’s hands, it could be safe to assume it wished to bring harm to the newly reformed spirit of chaos. While most of course were no friends of Discord, they found it equally appalling that something out there wished to murder another living creature. The residents of Canterlot watched in amazement as Discord turned the ground to ice and he skated across while a big alien pursuited him with a massive roaring blade screaming insults and threats. Discord surprisingly wasn’t bothered by this in a bit as he made his way through a large streetway where vendors were selling their things followed by the hulking frame of Captain Diomedes who made little effort to get out of the way of civilians or buildings. Yes, buildings. Holes were literally made into walls as Diomedes made a frenzied dash to catch up with Discord.



Turning around, Discord saw his hunter run at his mindlessly, perhaps it was time to make a little sport off of this. Looking down, he saw a lake. He stood right at the edge, hoping Diomedes would take the bait.

And of course, blinded by rage, Diomedes continued to rush the draconequus, only at the final moments of his frenzied charge did he realize his mistake. Discord snapped his fingers, and the walls that already made very meager walls simply disappeared, with Diomedes falling off over the edge and straight for the lake, making an enormous splash when he hit the water.

Chuckling to himself, Discord left and went to go continue with his own business.


“Friendly xenos. This is a new one.” Solomon said as he and Angelos walked through the halls of Canterlot castle. “You sure this is going to last? Judging from your experiences, alliances with the Eldar last for mere hours before everyone resumes fighting again.”

“Their problem is their own dishonesty and refusal to aid anyone. We show any acts of kindness to them, they take advantage of it. When neither side yearns truly to help the other, that’s when this “alliance” falls apart. To have the Eldar as your allies will only last for as long as you have a common foe. But with these.... ponies, I wonder if it’s different. It would indeed be a rarity, but are they truly willing to help us? Or are they pursuing their own agenda?”

“No matter how benign their intentions can be, we will make many enemies in doing this.” Solomon said looking out the window.
“Then we best watch our backs.” Angelos replied.

“One thing I don’t know is, what do they get out of this? We get their planet, their resources, their secrets and perhaps later, even them. What are they getting out this? They know we won’t share technology with them.”

“Do you know why people want a space marine monastery on their planets?” Angelos stopped walking to ask this question.

“So they may be graced by the Emperor’s angels of death?”

“No. Protection. A fortress monastery wards off all but the boldest or most foolish of foes. We had told them about things like chaos. Chaos will find this planet. This paradise will not last. I have seen planets like this be consumed by the ruinous powers. Their ruler is no fool. As powerful as a psyker as she may be, what can she do when a chaos warband land on this planet? The devastation it’ll cause even with the presence of a mighty psyker at their side will probably be of too much for them to handle. They are a race of peace after all.”

“So what they get is us as meatshields?”

“That’s putting it too harshly. We are rebuilding our chapter on this planet after all.”

“Well, I learned to trust you, Gabriel. No matter how crazy this sounds, I am with you.”

“And of course, that’s why you’re my chief librarian.”

“You know I never deserved that title. It belonged to Orion. The only reason I am where I am is because I happened to be a close friend of his.”

“Don’t think that you chiseled him out of his place, Jonah was one of the best. But I am sure if he were to choose, he’d choose you as his successor. I do too.”
Solomon said nothing. Just looked out at the window and sighed. He entertained himself by watching a passing Thunderhawk.






As Solomon stood pondering, as Diomedes tried to make his way out of the lake and as Martellus continued to study Equestria, Cyrus was out in the everfree forest. The last part of their bargain would be for his scouts and him to bring the doctor two statues. But not just any statue. Human-like statues that were apparently dangerous.


“We’re doing a favor for a frakking xenos!” One of the scouts grumbled. “This is stupid! And it’s heretical! How do we know the inquisition won’t have our heads for this?!”

“If you don’t shut up, I’ll have your head.” Cyrus voxed back. “He wants us to find and bring him back some creatures of his. Just remember. Once you make visual contact, retain visual contact. If you can, get them to look at one another. These creatures look like humans. They are apparently made of stone.”

“Like that one?” One of scouts asked pointing at a statue. It’s hands were held over it’s face as if it was in grief.

“Holy Terra.......”

Author's Note:

Dr. Who references. Hmm... been some time since I got some one to say how good/bad the story is turning out and how many lore errors I've made. Feel free to bury me with all your criticism.