• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,188 Views, 69 Comments

Back to Equestria brothers. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



After killing Kyras, the blood ravens must rebuild their chapter. Guess which planet was decided to be used as training grounds?

  • ...
4
 69
 3,188

"Reformed"

“So many aliens!” Sweetie Belle said. “You think they want to be our friends?”

“Yeah! Mr. Cyrus is so cool! He turned a mountain upside down!” Scootaloo said apparently unaware of the thousands of changelings that resided there.

“Ah dunno.” Applebloom said. “They seem pretty scary to me.”

“I think that’s the point.” Twilight said. “I asked them why they wore such bright colors. And you know what they answered?”

“Why?”

“It’s to frighten their enemies. Though some of them prefer using stealth instead of fear. Huh, probably not too hard to frighten their enemies.” Twilight took a look at the nearest space marine. His helmet showed no emotion. He just walked onwards.

“I can’t believe this!” Diomedes voxed. “I thought the plan was to have them killed when they outlived their usefulness! Not for Emperor’s sake go waltzing up and make bloody friends with the aliens!”

“They probably won’t ever outlive their usefulness. Weather control, “magic” and even repelling the ruinous powers just by being alive. This is one alien I won’t mind seeing aside from Harlequins in case I am fighting chaos.” Martellus took a look around at the four ponies. The older one clearly was nervous and probably had an idea of what their conversation was about.

“What do you think?” Martellus asked.

“Friendship with aliens. This hasn’t happened in a long time.” Tarkus said. “I understand something temporary, but.... will this honestly be a long term relationship? Every time we’ve made an alliance, it fell apart in a matter of days. We are expected to uphold one for years? I really have my doubts on this.”

“Agreed.” Cyrus said. “But we must utilize everything we can against chaos. Whether it’s convincing a band of pirate orks, making arrangements with the eldar and now, it seems making friends with a bunch of horse aliens. I don’t like this as much as any of you, but if it’s worth the trouble, then so be it.”

Angelos listened intently as his captains argued back and forth. While that, he allowed himself a whiff of the air. Clean, unpolluted. A place relatively untouched by the ruinous powers. It truly was paradise here. Chaos... unable to thrive... Wait a minute. That’s when he remembered what his question was and he knew he had to have it answered.




“I apologize for tardiness, Gabriel.” A newcomer said stepping out of the blue. He was dressed oddly, with a metal hood around his head and held a staff. He was addressed as a librarian by others. “I was held back by some unexpected...... what the?”

“Good to see you again Solomon.” Angelos said greeting the chief librarian. “I suppose I can introduce to you to the local populace. And before you say anything, you’re going to tell me these two are psykers.” Angelos pointed at Sweetie Belle and Twilight.

“What’s a psyker?” Sweetie Belle asked Twilight.

“Hush, not now.” Twilight whispered.

“You know too well.” The librarian said. “Next move?”

“Speak with the planet’s rulers.” Angelos said. “Cyrus can brief you why.”
“Very well.” Solomon replied. “I am going to have everyone else except those who are to stay on this planet return to the Litany Of Fury.”

“Go and do what you must.” The chapter master nodded. “I will now go and meet with whomever is in charge here. Speaking of which......”

“I am here Angelos.” A female voice said from the trees. Twilight saw another human step from the foilage. Unlike the other ones here, she was signifigantly shorter and had a higher pitched voice. Though when a pony was compared with her, they still sounded like they were singing in comparrision to the gruff voices of humanity.

“Now about what you said.” Adrastia began. “Fascinating.”

“That’s all you have to say?” Angelos grinned. “I expected you to come and demand an explaniation.”

“That’s what those fools that I work with would do. Not from me. I merely see the vast potential that can be done in all of this.”

“Excellent, it is good to see we are on the same page.”

“Aye, but there are those that are not.” The Inquisitor stepped closer to the chapter master. “There are some who even after you many great deeds, continue to whisper of hersey in your chapter. Beware. You have made many friends Gabriel, but also many enemies. Watch your back.”

“Something I learned to do after with Isador.” Angelos said shaking his head. “I assume I have your approval and support?”

“Indeed you do.” The inquisitor turned around and looked at Twilight. “Can you talk?”

“I can!” The lavender unicorn replied. “Eh.... what are you exactly?”

“That is none of your concern for the time being.” Adrastia replied curtly. “Angelos, I will depart now. Expect some more of our kind to arrive for whatever reasons. How you wish to deal with this, that’s your decision.”

“And so it will be.” Angelos replied as he got back on his path with his entourage following him.







“I could've sworn there wasn’t snow back there just a few miles ago.” Solomon said looking at the ground. “Interesting.”

“The natives can control the weather.” Martellus replied. “Something that can be put to use if we find out how. In addition, their “psykers” are completely safe from the warp. Their souls seem to repel chaos. In fact, I wonder if their presence may even affect it......”

“That will be a test for another time.” Cyrus said. “I would however like to see how far this works.”

“In addition, this planet hasn’t seen major conflict in at least a thousand years.” Tarkus said.

“That’s certainly not something I’d expect.” Solomon commented looking around. “And I suppose that’s where civilization is?” He pointed at Ponyville which he could now see.

“Yeah! So what are you going to do here?! Are you going to live here?” Scootaloo asked. “Cause that would be SO COOL!”

“No.” Angelos said flatly. “We’ll come and go. Most likely.”

“By the way, I would like to see.... this Dr. Whooves now.” Martellus said.

“Ah, take ya to him.” Applebloom said.

“I am going too.” Cyrus went after them as they left.

“Now it’s come to my attention also the rulers of this planet can move the very sun and moon?” Solomon asked.

“Princess Celestia raises the sun, and Princess Luna raises the moon.” Twilight said. “They’re each over a thousand years old.”

“Raise the sun?” Solomon echoed. “Are they’re both..... sane?”

“Of course!” Twilight replied. “Rather odd question.”

The librarian said nothing afterwards, only just thinking to himself. The group continued on their way to Canterlot.














Celestia took a deep breath. Sure enough, this would be the second time she dealt with humans. Brutal, murderous, unreasonable were merely a few words to describe them. She had also heard of their deeds down at the wastelands. Thousands of changelings were slain in mere hours. She wondered what would happen if her subjects ended up on the receiving ends of the weapons the humans carried around with them. Stopping for a moment, she got Luna. At least the humans for now were somewhat reasonable. Asking for rather negotiations in place of simply blasting everything. The door flung open.

“Stop. Put your weapons down an...”

“Be silent whelp.” Diomedes said in his usual voice. “Wherever a space marine goes, his weapons go with him.”

The guard pony decided to quiet and not tempt the wrath of the 9 foot tall giant. Angelos looked around admiring the room. It was majestic and held grace, like a planetary governor’s stateroom. In the room was a large table where two taller specimens of the race stood as well as several other natives most likely from the upper class judging the way they were dressed. Most of them remained silent, but a few, mainly the ones with motor mouths, felt the need to gossip and whisper.

“I bid you welcome to Equestria.” Celestia began doing her best to appear confident and more importantly, friendly. “If you are kind hearted, I am sure you will make many friends here. It is truly an honor to meet a race that hails from the stars themselves.”

“The honor is ours. Celestia of Equestria.” Solomon said. He watched the tall alicorn nod her head.

“What brings you to our home?” Celestia asked.

“Simply your planet for the time being.” Angelos replied. “I expect no trouble?”

“Seems I am in no position to refuse you.” Celestia replied. “My only request is that you do not harm my any of my subjects.”

“I can assure you, they won’t be harmed in any method. Though I may ask for volunteers.” Angelos said. “I suppose that’s all to say. Save for one thing. It occurred to me those of your race repel chaos. Is this true?”

“Thou.. I mean, you are correct.” Luna said. “We stand against chaos at all times. We are after all beings of order and harmony.”

“Mind explaining that thing you call Discord?”

“He was merely a spirit of disharmony. Now he is reformed.” Luna said. “He no longer uses his magic for evil.”

“Was he slain?”

“No.”

“Banished back to the warp?”

“No.”

“Turned to stone?”

“No.”
“You are allowing a spirit of chaos to run freely on your planet?” Solomon asked. “Find him. Kill him. Banish him back into whatever hellhole he crawled out of, or at least imprison him in stone again.”

Before anyone could say anything. Discord strolled in.... out of a hole in the wall.

“Why hello humans!” Discord said gleefully. “Has anyone told you how grim you guys are? Seriously, try smiling for a change! Always angry, always wanting to kill something. Yikes.”

“You are an embodiment of chaos, monster.” Solomon said gripping his staff. “There can be no peace, no joy while things like you still draw breath.”

“Apparently being reformed means nothing to these guys.” The draconequus said. “You guys need to cheer up.”

“I AM GOING TO KILL HIM.” Diomedes roared looking like he was about to have a seizure. “I AM GOING TO BEAT HIM TO DEATH WITH HIS OWN ARMS.”

“Such brutality!” One of the ponies in the room commented.

“You should see the look on your face!” Discord said laughing. “Priceless!”

That did it. Diomedes launched himself at Discord who managed to slip and evade the hulking space marine while taunting him childishly.
“Missed me! Oof! Missed me again, ah aren’t you mister butterfingers?”

After a while of being chased in circles, Discord positioned himself at the nearest window and dived out. Much to everypony’s surprise, Diomedes did too.

“Is he going to be okay?!” Some pony asked.

“He’ll be fine.” Solomon said. “He could probably do that from orbit and live. I was going to ask about chaos.... but I think I’ll be more worried about Discord if he’s truly “reformed.” He spat the word reformed out with contempt. He decided to move on to a different subject, trying to ignore to the best of his ability the sounds of Diomedes’ angry warcries and Discord’s laughing.