• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,184 Views, 69 Comments

Back to Equestria brothers. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



After killing Kyras, the blood ravens must rebuild their chapter. Guess which planet was decided to be used as training grounds?

  • ...
4
 69
 3,184

Tempting... but no


“Good afternoon Zecora.” Fluttershy said as she passed through the Everfree forest.

“Good morning to you too. Now, what is that you wish to do?” The zebra asked.

“Well, I was looking for some herbs you know. But glad that you’re here. I am really opting to look for anything with any medical value.”

“Well, then come and follow me. For I know just some plants and a particular tree.”

“Alright. Let’s go. I better restock soon.”

The pegasus and the zebra trotted through the Everfree forest, picking out plants that could be used. Towards the end of the way, the two stopped at the tree.

“Do you see this tree? In the back is what holds the key.”

“So... they bark is what I need?”

“It is what you need. But take the fruit, for it provides adequate feed.”


Fluttershy had the fruit. They were like berries... but sweeter and juicier. The two sat down and enjoyed the fruit. Enjoying the view at the stream, she took a look around.


Zecora watched the yellow pegasus gave a small gasp. Taking a look herself. She saw it.



There in the middle of the stream. Laid the still form of Captain Diomedes.

“Oh my gosh! Is he alright?!” Fluttershy asked. “Zecora! He might be hurt! We need to help him!”

The zebra said nothing. Only nodded in agreement.

“To my hut I go. But beware, he may take you for a foe.”

Fluttershy nodded. Moving quickly she quickly got her animal friends as they all made an effort to move a half ton giant.





When Diomedes slowly regained his vision. He found himself looking up at a wooden ceiling. Around him, he heard the melodic voices of the natives as they were conversing. When he had fully regained consciousness he was able to get himself in a sitting position and have a look around. He saw two xenos. One he knew which he could identify as “Fluttershy” and another stripped one of which he could not identify. Something in him wanted... to go and break their necks... to watch their blood flow on the ground and simply just storm out. But perhaps, against his better judgement, he decided to do nothing for the time being.

“Are you hurt?” Fluttershy asked gingerly taking a look at the space marine. He only grunted in reply and got into a sitting position.

“We found you this way. Battered and injured, are you okay?”

“Fine.” Diomedes said. “I fell from that castle over there.”

“Into the water?! That’s a long fall!” Fluttershy exclaimed. She remembered years ago when she fell all the way from cloudsdale. Luckily for her, she was saved by a large flock of butterflies.

“I am only surprised the water carried my weight. Now then, did I break anything?”

“I don’t know.”

Turning to Zecora, the zebra merely shrugged like she didn’t know either. Diomedes decided to give himself the benefit of the doubt and rose up. Somewhat painful but at least he was able to stand and put weight on his legs. Stretching his arms he made sure they were okay. Saying nothing, he walked out.

“I hope he’s okay.”

“Look at his stride, he is walking fine. It’s only his pride.”

“Maybe I should follow him. He hasn’t been in the Everfree forest much.” Fluttershy bolted out the door. Seeming to forget a single one of them was able to slay an Ursa.









“Excuse me... Mr. Diomedes... I was only wondering if you’re okay.” Fluttershy stammered out not wanting to make the space marine lose his temper.

“I am fine.” Diomedes replied curtly. His mind was on Discord who had lured him into a trap. This wouldn’t be the first time he was manipulated. It hurt his pride. Badly. Under normal circumstances, he may of decided to have blew off steam by killing this yellow pegasus that followed him, but for some reason, his anger didn’t rise. Turning around, he looked at the pony, into it’s eyes. They were oddly human.... very human. Not only that, but they pretty much spelled out their owner’s personality. Kind, gentle, timid and unfortunately naive.

“So...” Diomedes began. He decided to maybe learn more about these so-called “ponies”. He wondered if they were anything like their dumber pack animal counterparts used on some planets.
“So.. what exactly do the members of your species eat? Just apples and baked goods?”

“Hay too.”

“No meat?”

“No meat. I’d rather not eat other animals. We also eat vegetables. Like tomatoes. What do you eat?”

“Flavorless paste.” Diomedes replied. “Or actual food if I am at “home” or in this case, here.”

“So... what do you do? For a living?” Odd question here. Most space marines never had use for money. And for obvious reasons, they weren’t paid.

“I take care of animals.” Fluttershy replied. “I also have a pet, his name is Angel Bunny.”

“I dislike animals.” Diomedes said flatly.

“So what do you like?” Fluttershy asked. “Well, what do humans like?”

“That really varies.” Diomedes said. “I myself, like nothing more than just to my duty for the chapter.”

“One thing that amazes me.. it’s only that you....”

“Survived a fall from a giant mountain? My brothers can do that too. Though the unlucky ones aren’t in one piece anymore.”

“Did Discord do this to you? Throw you off the mountain?”

Just the mention of the name made Diomedes’ anger rise. He had an urge to go and snap the yellow equine’s neck, but instead released his anger by smashing a tree to splinters with a single blow from his fist. This made Fluttershy jump and give a squeak of fear.

“I will find him. I will kill him. This is an insult I will not forget.” Diomedes said partly to himself, and partly to Fluttershy.
“K...k..kill?” Fluttershy remembered this months ago when the Orks came to Equestria. It was thanks to the efforts of the space marines that Equestria wasn’t overrun by the greenskins.

“Yes. I will have that daemon’s head!”

“But... he’s not bad.... I mean he was reformed. He mostly is alone but he uses his magic for good!”

“A reformed daemon? Funny. His type never will reform. They only seek to bring harm to others.”

“I am sure everyone has their good side. When you first came to Equestria everyone thought you were monsters... but you’re... actually... kinda nice...”

“What now?”

“Yeah... I mean... um... from what I heard, Gabriel was very friendly to Princess Celestia.”

Diomedes was astonished. So... in the past few days nearly every unwritten law of the galaxy had been broken. Friendly xenos, a planet untouched by the ruinous powers, etc. And now... an alien who thought him as a friend? This.... truly for a second made him look at things a different way. But no, he remembered. He wasn’t going to see things their way until they earned his trust. They may of earned his brothers’ trust, some may of even earned them their personal friendship, but Diomedes knew that if he had an open mind, he would be leaving a precious vault unlocked. For now, he would make sure that he kept to his beliefs until otherwise. He continued his walk through the forest, wondering if anything would catch his interest.







“So Diomedes fell down this entire mountain?” Solomon asked looking down.

“He’s still alive.” Discord said. “That chap really had a temper.”

“Maybe it was just you.” Angelos said harshly. “Chaos never goes well with us. No matter how seemingly harmless it can be.”

“Whoa there tiger! I am harmless! Mostly! And you think me as those fools you put up with?”

“Last time I was here, you made it rain chaos space marines. I also had the pleasure of having to fight one of my greatest enemies... again.”

“I thought humans liked to fight!”

“Sindri is powerful. If we weren’t careful, this entire planet would've been a blasted hellscape before long.”

“And let’s not forget Eliphas! Now I know what you chaps are thinking. Why weren’t they weaker?”

“How did...”

“I can read minds too you know! Simple, I only cast a spell to suppress the power inside all these ponies!”

Discord looked at the two space marines and noticed their hands were straying to their weapons.

“Whoa there lad! I am reformed now. I am not going to any of that stuff. If anything, I don’t like my “cousins” anymore than you do. I’ll tell you what! If you can go around with me by you and not have an urge to murder me, I’ll even help you get a few friends of yours back!”

“Tempting, but no. I’d rather lose Armus and Thaddeus forever then have chaos be the reason of their return. We’re done here Solomon.” Angelos turned around and stalked off as Celestia walked by taking a look at the two.

“Humans....” Discord said. “They’re even more grim than you.”

Celestia only snorted in reply.