• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 3,188 Views, 69 Comments

Back to Equestria brothers. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



After killing Kyras, the blood ravens must rebuild their chapter. Guess which planet was decided to be used as training grounds?

  • ...
4
 69
 3,188

Purge

“Do I have my cutie mark now?”

“No.”

“How ‘bout now?”

“No.”

“How ‘bout now?”

“No.”

“How ‘bout now?”

“Be silent.” Diomede hissed. Ever since they had walked up the mountain, the three fillies had none stopped talked about their “cutie marks” or whatever they were that they wanted to get.

“Maybe you can get your cutie marks if you annoy Diomedes enough.” Tarkus joked.

“Enough, Tarkus. It’s getting under my skin too.” Cyrus said.

“Just please keep quiet girls.” Twilight said nicely.

“How much longer?” Martellus asked. Twilight was the one with the map. “This mountain makes me uneasy.”

“Why? Aside from them it’s nice and quiet.”

“Too quiet.” Martellus said. “Mountains, the last thing I need is a rockslide or avalanche. They also make ideal ambush points.”

“Robbers don’t typically tend to lurk around here. But we get the peak soon. I’d give it a few minutes. And just wondering, do humans have cutie marks?”

“No. But if you are interested in my special talent, it’s engineering and data. As a few of your friends had described me as a “encyclopedia.” Martellus took a look around at his brothers.

“Cyrus’ would be subtlety and training recruits.”

“So is he like a teacher?” Applebloom asked.

“In a sense.” Martellus said still looking around paranoidly.

“Does he like seeing his students succeed?”

“One of the reasons he’s in command.” Martellus replied.

“With Cyrus at the reigns of the tenth company, the future of the chapter couldn’t possibly get better recruits even if we had Captain Thule in charge.” Tarkus said.

“And with Tarkus at the head of the first, our enemies will know fear.” Cyrus replied.

“Maybe he can teach us!” Sweetie Belle said.

“I can teach you things involving subtly to keeping still.” Cyrus said. “I doubt however without hands you could fire a bolter.”

“Oh... not that kind of teacher.” Sweetie Belle said. “Our teacher, Ms. Cheerilee teaches us... well everything.”

“Little wonder she gets along really well with Twilight.” Scootaloo said. “But can you teach us anything cool! Like I dunno.... fighting dragons?!”

“I would have to learn your race’s combat doctrine if I would to teach you a single thing in combat.” Cyrus said. “Judging from the majority of your race, fighting is not going to be a common talent.”
“So you’re not going to teach us?”

“No.” Cyrus replied flatly. “I find it difficult to teach anything that’s not human.”

“Why?”

“Because.” Tarkus said. “The only time I’ve seen most aliens learn anything from Cyrus is if they survive an engagement with him. Not many ever do that.”

“And that’s why he was in the deathwatch.” Martellus said. “Cyrus’ skill is matched only by the best the Imperium has to offer.”

“I think his awesomeness is only matched by Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo said. “I mean he fights dragons, monsters, changelings.... and um...”

“Anything actually.” Twilight said. “I read that even humans don’t get along with each other too well.”

“Don’t remind any of us.” Cyrus said with a frown. “I can think of two times when disaster happened because of that. And it doesn’t involve Chaos.”

“And before you ask him to tell you about it...” Martellus cut in. “Cyrus doesn’t like talking about it. Even now, he still has his resentment of authority.”

“I merely hope I can be better that that certain fool that lead a certain campaign.” Cyrus replied. “But if Tarkus’ analysis is true then our chapter has a future. This planet will make good training grounds.”

“Then remember not to kill ALL the changelings. We may need some for recruits.” Tarkus said with a chuckle.

This was mainly said as a joke. But for some reason, Twilight couldn’t help but feel really uncomfortable at this. 4 people wiping out an entire race?

That’s not truly possible is it? But... then again, a single one of them managed to kill an Ursa minor. On top of that, they treat fighting dragons almost as a game. That’s what scared her. If they took one of the apex predators of Equestria as nothing more than a minor threat, she wondered what they could do if anyone would upset them. She shuddered at what could happen as the Cutie Mark Crusaders continued to bombard the four with questions ranging from what they eat to what they like to do.

“And then.... with the daemon prince stunned and helpless. We sent fire and fury down from the sky. Destroying him.” Diomedes said. “The battle and battles prior were costly. Countless brothers were slain, others fallen to chaos but in the end we had won a great victory. I take it now upon myself to clean the entire sub-sector of any pockets of the dark gods.”

“It had been dark work.” Martellus said. “But our chapter is finally clean of corruption. Though few in number, our hearts are never lacking.”

No kidding. You have two hearts. Twilight thought as she made a fire.

“Gabriel was the first to lead the charge against the daemon prince. While his body had been broken, we were able to repair it.” Martellus continued. “We only lacked a leader.”

“But Gabriel, none found him wanting. Chapter master was fitting. He now commands the entire chapter.” Cyrus said.

“So... he got smashed and lived?!” Scootaloo exclaimed. “Not even Rainbow Dash could do that! Fight a daemon too!”

“Good thing we killed Kyras when we did.” Tarkus said. “Even in that state of not being able to move properly, he maybe could've been a match for Angron.”

“Angron?”

“Daemon prince of Khorne. He is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. Kyras not being able to move made him easy fire for our heavy support.” Diomedes said. “I shudder to think what damage could of been done had he lived that day.”

“Billions would've died upon the trillions that Kyras had sent to their deaths. Our chapter would of been dead and a Daemon prince even more powerful than Angron would emerge.” Martellus said thinking for a moment. “He was a skilled conspirator. He sent trillions to their demise without anyone even knowing it.”

“The Tyranid invasion, the black legion invasion, exterminatus, all part of his scheme.” Cyrus said. “But we’re not done yet.”

“No. We have a chapter to rebuild.” Tarkus said.

“I have a question.” Sweetie Belle said.

“What is it?”

“Why are you here? I mean you own so many planets!”

“Good question.” Cyrus said. “We need a place to train new marines for our chapter. The only thing that we need now is to get the chapter in full strength as soon as possible. Twilight says that there’s a way to do that.”

“Yeah!” Twilight jumped up. “I am sure the doctor would be too happy to help you..... but you normally have to do him a favor... think of it as to earning his trust.”

“We could just threaten him.” Tarkus said.
“Yeah... but he’s smart. He knows if you need him as much as he thinks you do, you wouldn’t kill him or harm him to any great extent.”

“Clever.” Cyrus said. “But let’s focus on the task at hand. The sun’s setting and I can see the wasteland. Though I am really not in the mood to fight creatures blindly. Now then, even though Diomedes probably can’t comprehend this, we’re going to think this through.”

“Who do you take me for?” The honor guard captain indignantly replied. “So what’s the plan?”

“Whoa hold on a second. I think fast, but not fast.” The scout captain said. “Twilight, give me everything you know on changelings.”

“All I know is that they can use magic and change forms. They also can absorb ponies by placing into cocoons which. This really just get’s their “Love nutrition” out.”

“Please tell that’s not it.”

“It is all I know.” Twilight grinned sheepishly. “They however have a hive in the wastelands. Mostly hollowed out mesas.”

“Sounds good.” Cyrus said. “Tarkus, get the word to Angelos that if he has any scouts. Send them to me. I will train them in the art of war. On this planet. Here and now.”

Twilight didn’t like the sound of that. But nevertheless, she was glad she wasn’t going to be on the receiving end of the space marine weapons.











Imagine the sheer surprise of the changelings. Their home was mostly a secret to outsiders. A few of these “outsiders” however had knowledge of where they resided. But none ever had the courage to invade the home of the changelings. Now imagine their surprise when reports of odd creatures with odd weapons are attacking the outer hive. The very thought of it was..... hilarious actually. Three creatures? This was going to be great.




“Multiple, and by that I mean thousands, of contacts coming in.” Martellus said as he watched Tarkus fire grenades at the holes in the mesa.

“Finally, the peace on this planet would of bored me to tears.” Diomedes said checking his bolter.

“Aye. I wonder if slaying a few thousand changelings will be of any sport.” Tarkus said. “Here they come!”


As the wave of changelings came for them. The space marines quickly got into position on a large mound and began to fire killing several changelings with every bullet.



“Send more guards down to kill those things!” Chrysalis hissed at her soldiers. She was absolutely baffled. It had been only about fifteen minutes since the humans had attacked her kingdom and now there was a mountain of bodies outside. When Cyrus had told her earlier he was going to enjoy killing her,she originally had the feeling he was bluffing. But judging from the fact a handful of humans had already massacred several hundred of her subjects, that bluff was becoming a reality.

Without warning a loud explosion rocked the entire mesa. That particular human was here. This was further emphasized by the dead corpse thrown into the room and the fast massacre of any guards in the chamber. As soon as this was finished, the entrances all collapsed before even giving Chrysalis time to react.



“Now then.” Cyrus said polishing off his knife. “You can answer my question, and I might decide to let you live. Or you can remain silent, as I have another way of finding what I need to know.”

Chrysalis saw no way out. Her only hope was hoping to stall Cyrus by answering his questions so her changelings could arrive to help. She decided to cooperate for the time being.

“Fine. Speak.” She spat out the words making sure to keep a fair distance between her and the space marine.

“Good, what do you wish to do with this?” Cyrus asked taking the book of Lorgar out.

“Power......” Chrysalis said. “Power beyond anyone’s dreams, that fool Celestia’s and all her idiots!”

“Do you know what happens when you get this power? Death, if you’re lucky.”

“Fool!”

“Do not tempt my wrath.” Cyrus hissed. “Now then, what makes you so sure to escape chaos?”

“Chaos simply can’t touch us. That’s it.”

“What?!”

“You are more stupid than I thought!” Chrysalis hissed. “Let me explain. Our world has certain properties, the ponies themselves....... well..... are guarded from chaos. Chaos as you know, could have easily come to our world and corrupted everyone or everything. But they didn’t.”


“Why?” Chrysalis continued. “It’s simple really, the ponies... they not only appear as a “blank” as you would call it but also emit a special form of magic. This magic weakens the grip of chaos, the longer chaos remains exposed to us, the weaker it gets until it disappears, any attempts of chaos trying to corrupt anyone will result in it weakening until it disappears. Only one exception remains in the form of Discord. Only his influence is untouched by the magic of harmony.”

Sounds useful. I wonder if we can use that later. Cyrus thought..... while in his thought however he didn’t notice the lone changeling. Moving quickly, it snatched the book out of his hand and handed it over to it’s mistress.

“Fool! Now I can wield unspeakable power!”

“Really now?” Cyrus asked. “Open it.” His lips stretched into a grin as he saw the look on Chrysalis’ face. The book he made was simply a dud. All he did was have Twilight copy the cover and back. That’s it.

“I’ll be on my way now.” Cyrus said. “If you excuse me, I will be busy murdering your subjects.”

“You won’t get away from this!” Chrysalis screamed in rage.

“But I already have.” A puff of smoke, and Cyrus had disappeared. Glaring at her guard she was about to say something when the guard spoke up.

“Twilight.... book.”
Chrysalis once again smiled. There was still hope for her dreams.