• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 4,426 Views, 112 Comments

The Everfree Monster - Iridescence T Wind



What defines a monster? Being different then others? No, everypony is different in their own way, So is it an imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening?No, instead, a monster is a thing somepony dosen't understand.

  • ...
8
 112
 4,426

What Is Tea?

Tea is, at it's basis, leaf juice. Leaves from various plants pulped together and then often cooked into the form of hot drink that one can enjoy for their own pleasure. Tea is however, a drink for when one wants to relax, and has often been used in my time as the primary drink of negotiations and philosophical discussion between the older folks... I put great store on the pure spiritual power of Tea as well. Tea calms the soul, heals the mind, and mellows the body to a more agreeable state. This would of been of a lot of help when a certain Changeling Queen decided to kidnap the most powerful unicorn of this age and bring her to our meeting. Sadly, however, I can't drink. Consume it yes, but when you're an entire forest... you'd need a lot of tea.

((((((((((((((((((((o))))))))))))))))))))

At first he was confused, who was this purple mare that was now bound and gagged inside the changelings sanctuary? The Caretaker didn't know. But one thing he did know, was that Chrysalis was rather interested in the purple mare and that she was taking precautions, applying some sort of green goop around the purple mares horn and legs that was somewhat transparent, where the other ponies she had kidnapped had instead received a full body version of the green goop and were attached to a few of his trees for some reason.

He began to form in the clearing, leaving his pine body at the place he had decided that they would have their conversation. As he formed however the Changeling Queen took notice, "Ah, Caretaker. Would you mind adding a seat for our conversation later? We're going to have another guest, and I wish to save the introductions for then."

The Caretaker merely stared at the purple Unicorn, making note of her cutiemark, the large star surrounded by smaller ones that adorned her flanks, "And who is she to join us?"

"Why, the same pony who indirectly ended up killing a majority of my hive with her uncontrolled outbursts and stubborn interference during my invasion of Canterlot."

That explained her interest in the mare, though she hardly seemed threatening at the present when she was wearing green... for the lack of other words, goop... As well as drooling apparently while knocked out. Also being in her interesting yet undignified sleeping position did little to ascertain that this was a credible threat. However it wouldn't be the first time something seemingly cute and harmless had caused major harm to a creature within this forest.

Damn white hopping floppy eared pest. He could never figure out how such a shy mare stood his tyranny over the other animals within her home.

"There is certainly more than enough tea to add one more." The caretaker replied, calmly pulling another chair out for the newcomer, and allowing chrysalis to bodily set the lavender colored mare into her seat, however, he did make sure a wooden pole was added, similar to that of a foals crib, he thought, so that the unconcious mare wouldn't just slump over and out of her chair after a few seconds.

"Now can this meeting begin? Or do you want to wait until our new guest awakes?" The Caretaker asked, sending a slightly puzzled glance to her, wondering what other topics may take hold besides what he had planned to discuss with little cocoon.

Chrysalis was not one to disappoint, as she herself sat in the chair left to her prisoner, leaving caretaker to take the one to the right, "Lets... What's the first order on our agenda?"

The Caretaker calmly sat down across from her, his eyes gazing deep into Chrysalis's own, as he had a pair of tea cups travel onto the table, carried aloft by a set of branches, "Before we start, I would like to ask a favor of you and your changelings in the future.." he said, as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

She looked puzzled, as if she wasn't expecting that, and in any other circumstances he could see why, after all, the caretaker had taken care of almost everything they needed at a whim, what could the tree spirit need, "A favor?"

"I have a long standing war with the ruler of equestria herself. The Moonslayer, or Celestia as you call her. But my forest has limitations, and as a result I cannot go directly to her."

She deadpanned, "You want us to assassinate Celestia?"

He shook his head, "Nay. What I desire for you is to, when both your people, and my seeds are ready, spread a new species of tree seed around the four corners of equestria, down every major road, into every forest, and through every town and district. Something that I'd estimate would take about six months with twenty of your changelings, and use of the local transportation."

Chrysalis asked, "I do not see why not, though what good would that do? Wouldn't a tree, no matter how new, still be restrained to a slow growth?"

The Caretaker smiled, "Ah, but this is no ordinary seed, should my exeriments bear fruit, it will only take but a spark to send a chain reaction through them all, growing them all full growth within a period of minutes. And my boundaries, expanded beyond your wildest dreams."

"And what will happen then?"

"And then, little cocoon, perhaps, we both shall have our vengeance against the sun raiser, and your problems solved."

Chrysalis considered this, and asked, "What is the catch?"

The Caretaker nodded sagely, "I wish to pick which ones go out on this mission personally."

"Agreed on Two condition."

"Go ahead and ask."

Chrysalis put both her front hooves on the table, "The first is: when you go after Celestia, I demand you bring me and my changelings with you."

The Caretaker nodded, not even needing to pause, it was logical, and he had been half expecting that end result to begin with, "Agreed, and the other?"

"I want to know what the princess of the sun has done to you in order for you to carry a grudge for war against her nation for so long."

This gave him pause, not even as Summer chirped from her nest in a curious manner, it was a question he had not answered to anyone or anything other than his trees. He needed her, though, just as she needed him, and the sound of unease spread throughout his tallest branches, "Fine." He uttered, but a welcomed distraction came from the third member of their tea party. The bound purple unicorn, muttering something about book forts as her consciousness began to return, "But later, as it seems our guest is now awake."

He shut his eyes, but his vision didn't leave as he became immobile, and statuesque, vines falling over his face as he wanted to see this unicorns opinion on Chrysalis from the entire rooms perspective, after all there was only so much one could learn from subjects who adored her, and so much more could be learned by her enemies.

Chrysalis took the sign and rolled her eyes, but she played along with it, no doubt she had also used this trick herself within her own hive mind. But ultimately it was Twilight who initiated the conversation, "Ergh.... where am... I?" She blearily looked up, eyes unfocused and scanning throughout the room.

Before she tried to move her forelimb, and noticed it was bound. Her eyes simutaniously noticed Chrysalis, and focused on her, her struggles going from pitiful to worryingly as she tried to force her limbs free, "Chrysalis!" She shouted.