• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 8,492 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Dragon - yodajax10



Spike starts to question whether he had friends all along.

  • ...
20
 33
 8,492

New Troubles and New Friends

The sun peeked through Twilight's room. Twilight woke up, smiling. She yawned, stretched and looked over to Spike's bed.

"Hey, Spike." said Twilight. "It's a beautiful morning." Twilight pulled the blankets off and saw Spike was gone.

"Huh?" said Twilight. "Hmm, maybe he's already downstairs."

Twilight walked downstairs. "Spike?" Twilight called. "You down here?" Twilight got no response, and Spike was nowhere in the library. "Spike?" Twilight called again. Still nothing. Twilight started to get worried. "Spike?" Twilight called, starting to look around the house.. "Spike, this isn't funny! Where are you?!" She then noticed a picture of Twilight and Spike when he was on the ground, shattered. Twilight gasped at this.


Still no sign of Spike, Twilight ran through Ponyville calling Spike's name. "Spike?! Spike?! Where are you?!" Twilight yelled.

"Whoa, sugar!" said Applejack, running up to Twilight. "What's going on?"

"I can't find Spike!" Twilight, said frantically shaking Applejack. "He's gone!"

"What do you mean he's gone?" said Applejack.

"He was nowhere in the house and I can't find him right now!" said Twilight.

"Don't worry, Twilight." said Applejack. "We'll find him. We gotta get our friends and start searching!"


Twilight, along with Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie were now searching all over Ponyville.

"Spike! Spike!" Rainbow Dash called, loudly.

"Spike? Spike? Please come out." said Fluttershy, quietly.

"Spike? Where art thou, Spike?" Pinkie Pie called from a trash can in a sing-song tone.

"Spike?" Rarity called. "Please, my little Spikey-Wikey, come out where ever you are."

"Ah don't understand," said Applejack. "Why would Spike just disappear?"

"Maybe that meanie pants, Trixie had something to do with it?" said Pinkie Pie.

"I wouldn't be so sure," said Rainbow Dash. "After what that big jerk did in Ponyville, I wouldn't be surprised if she never showed her face here again!"

"Unless somepony forgave her." said Fluttershy.

"Ha!" said Rainbow Dash. "Who would possibly think of forgiving her?"

Twilight then sighed. "Girls," said Twilight. "There's something I need to say. I...I forgave Trixie."

"You WHAT?" said Applejack.

"How could you forgive that...that-that MONSTER?!" said Rarity.

"I was trying to make peace!" said Twilight. "And I was just trying to tell Spike that last night!"

Twilight then covered her mouth with her hoof, realizing what she said.

"You forgave Trixie after what she did to all of us?" said Rainbow Dash.

"Even after what she did to Spikey-Wikey?" said Rarity.

"Stop!" said Twilight. "You girls sometimes treat Spike in that same way sometimes!"

"Well, we learned our lesson about how we sometimes treat Spike!" said Applejack.

"Oh, really?" said Twilight, getting angry. "When was that? Right now?"

"The night Trixie banished you!" said Applejack.

Twilight was about to say something but stopped when she heard what Applejack said.

"What happened that night?" said Twilight.

Applejack put her hoof on Twilight's shoulder. "Sugar," said Applejack. "There's something ya need to know."

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity had just got away from Trixie and her craziness, as they went into the library. They were going to look for something to see if it connected with what Trixie was doing until they heard something. They heard it coming from upstairs.

"Mmmm'm mmmm?" said Pinkie Pie, who's mouth was previously taken by Trixie.

"Beats me, Pinkie." said Rainbow Dash.

They walked up and saw Spike on Twilight’s bed. They noticed Spike weeping as he was holding a picture of him and Twilight. Applejack walked over onto the bed and put her hoof on Spike’s shoulder.

“Hey, sugarcube.” Applejack said. “It’s all gonna be okay.”

Spike looked up at Applejack, his eyes filled with tears. “It’s all my fault, Applejack.” He whimpered.

“What ever are you talking about?” said Rarity. “You didn’t have anything to do with that awful Trixie.”

“No, it’s not that.” said Spike. “It’s just that, Twilight has always been there for me, she hatched me as an egg. She’s all the family I had.” The ponies looked shocked. “And I’ve-I’ve never even got a chance to tell Twilight how I felt...and now, I’m not sure I ever will!”

Spike started to cry again, but Rarity climbed up on the bed and hugged Spike in order to comfort him. “Shhhh,” She said. “It’s going to be okay. I promise.” Spike continued crying as he buried his face in Rarity’s chest, which made Rarity hold him tighter. Applejack put her hoof on Spike's shoulder as Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie looked at him sadly. Rainbow Dash looked mad at what Trixie did to Spike, but then tears flowed from her eyes as she went in the corner, not wanting the other ponies to see her cry.

"So, Spike was pretty much traumatized by what Trixie did to him, separating him from the closest thing he has to a family, and you forgave Trixie for that?" said Applejack.

"You think maybe Spike ran away?" said Fluttershy.

Twilight's eyes widened over what she heard. "Sweet Celestia," Twilight said. "What have I done?"

"What do you mean what have you done?" said Pinkie Pie. "You drove Spike away!"

"Poor thing." said Fluttershy. "I hope he's okay."

"Spike..." said Twilight, as tears streamed from her eyes.


Spike was now walking far through the Everfree Forest, still carrying his saddle-stick. "I thought Twilight really cared for me." "But I guess I was wrong."

Spike started to get tired as he started to rest. He found himself resting against something really fluffy and comfortable. He then heard some snarling. Spike's eyes widened as he looked up and saw that he was sleeping on a manticore!

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!!!" The manticore roared. Spike screamed in fear as he then started to run away. But the manticore was hot on his trail as he pounced on him. Spike closed his eyes, ready to die.

"HEY!" said a young voice. The manticore looked up. "Leave him alone!" said a figure which was revealed to be a small red unicorn colt with brown hair. The manticore growled as he ran towards the colt.

The colt started to throw rocks at him. After being thrown at by many rocks, the manticore flew away. The colt then ran towards Spike who was getting up.

"You okay, buddy?" asked the colt.

"I guess so." said Spike.

"That's a relief." said the colt. The colt started to walk away, but noticed Spike was still standing there.

"Hey," said the colt. "Aren't you coming?"

"Well, I uh-" said Spike.

"You got somewhere else to be?" said the colt.

Spike looked down. "No," Spike said. "Not exactly."

"Well, then stick with me, buddy." said the colt, smiling.

"You mean it?" said Spike.

"Sure!" said the colt. "Name's Alan, but you can call me Al. What's yours?"

"Spike!" said Spike shaking claws/hooves with Al.

Spike and Alan then continued walking through the forest. "So, what are you doing out here?" asked Spike.

"I lost my guitar out here." said Al, pulling out his guitar. "I was heading back to the guys, but I saw you were in trouble."

"Who are the guys?" said Spike.

"Oh, they're my friends." said Al, as they something ahead of the forest. They saw a train about to leave. "I live with my friends in that cart." said Al. "We're travelers."

"Wow," said Spike.

"Yep," said Alan. "We live in that cart over there. That nice...calm...quiet..."

They both jumped when they heard a trumpet playing from the cart. Al chuckled. "Did I say quiet?" Al said. "Come on, Spike. You'll love these guys."

The two climbed aboard the cart and saw four other colts in the cart playing music.

"Hey guys!" said Al. "Look who's back in town!"

"Al, my pony!" said a blue earth pony colt with long green spiky hair and sun-glasses. "Give me some hoof, good buddy!"

"Yeah!" said Al, as he and the blue colt fist-bumped with their hooves.

"Hey, Spike." said Al. "This is Howard, he's been with me the longest."

"Hi, Howard." said Spike.

"What's shaking?" said Howard as he and Spike shook hooves/claws.

"And this is Stephen." said Al as a yellow earth pony colt with brown hair walked up to him.

"The pleasure is all mine, Spike." said Stephen.

Then an orange pegasus colt with purple hair swooped in and jumped on Spike.

"Hiya!" said the pegasus colt. "I'm Glenn! I'm new around here!"

"Name's Spike." said Spike.

"And last but certainly not least," said Al. "Tim? Where are ya?"

A brown unicorn colt with red fuzzy hair popped out of a box, and hopped down to Spike.

"Spike, this is Tim." said Al. Tim enthusiastically shook Spike's claw with both of his hooves.

"Excuse Tim," said Al. "Tim doesn't talk." Tim shook his head in a silly way.

"So, where are you from, Spike?" said Stephen.

Spike was about to say something. But then he sighed. "It's not important," said Spike. "I'm not wanted anyway."

"Ah! So, you're an outcast?" said Glenn. "That's great! So are we!" Glenn that got a glare from Al and Stephen. "Sorry," said Glenn.

"Well, it's not important how he was left all alone out there," said Howard. "What's important is that he's here with us." Howard walked over to Spike. "Spike," said Howard. "We would be more then happy if you joined our group."

Spike's eyes lit up with happiness. "You mean that?" Spike said.

"Of course, Spike." said Al. "Everypony's gotta have friends!" Al then said the four colts. "Hey, guys! Are we his friends?" The colts then began to sing as Tim played on the piano.

The colts and Spike then cheered and applauded over their work. "So, what do you say, Spike?"

"Let's party!" said Spike.

"Now you're talking!" said Glenn. "Let's boogie!"

The colts and Spike began to do more music as the train continued riding on the tracks.


It was now a dark and stormy night in Ponyville, and Twilight and her friends have still found no trace of Spike. Applejack walked over to Twilight's library and it was pitch black in there. Applejack knocked on her door.

"Twilight, honey?" said Applejack. "Y'all okay in there?"

There was no response. Applejack walked inside and saw in the bleak darkness of the library someone laying on Twilight's couch.

"Twi-twilight?" said Applejack.

"Spike?!" Twilight said, getting up. Her mane was completely messed up and she looked completely miserable.

"No," said Applejack. "It's me, sugarcube."

Twilight growled in frustration. "I can't take this anymore!" She yelled as she ran to the window. "Why did we stop looking?! Anything could happen to Spike on a night like this! He could get sick! Struck by lightning! I've just got to find him!" Twilight ran out the door and into the nasty weather.

"SPIIIIIIKE!" Twilight called.

Flash, Flash, Kra-koom

"Please, Spike!" said Twilight. "I'm sorry! Please! Can you hear me?!"

Flash, Flash, Kra-koom

"SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!" Twilight called. She then fell to the ground, bawling her eyes out. "It's all my fault! I lost him!" She cried. Applejack went over to Twilight and tried her best to comfort her.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, "That's What Friends Are For" is from Walt Disney's The Jungle Book.