• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 6,302 Views, 201 Comments

High School Shenanigans - Melancholy Angel



Dixon was your everyday boring adolescence, trying to survive school and annoying classmates. At least the boring part changed when he found a very confused and very lost princess one day.

  • ...
26
 201
 6,302

Chapter 9: It's a Secret to Everyone

Adrian Daryl Shephard and Carl Gregory Shephard, aged 22 and 20. They were two of the many service members sent to the Middle East to fight in the war there. To this day, I still remember how Mom made the both of them to contact the family at least once a month just to be sure that they're safe, even though the two are already adults. Still a child in my mother's eyes, I suppose. Come to think of it, I remember Mom saying something about the both of them returning soon a few months ago. Just my dumb luck it happens to be today.

I do not wish for anybody to get the wrong idea, I love my brothers. We used to spend our childhood together playing the video games in the entertainment room and hide ‘n seek around the house. But try having two more people in the house to keep a secret from, especially if said secret is a living creature from another dimension. No wait, cross that out, because THEY ALREADY FOUND OUT ABOUT IT!!!

Great job Dixon, you can't even stop your brothers from finding out about the world's biggest secret. Damn myself, I had one job!

"I am so dead now..." I thought as I ran up the stairs, taking a left just to see Carl standing outside the room with mouth wide, jaws dropped. He was staring into the door blankly, as if his brains had been short-circuited and needed to be rebooted.

"What's going on?" Adrian said as he jumped down the trapdoor that leads to the attic. "I heard a scream like a..."

Adrian stopped when he saw what was Carl was staring at.

"What the?!"

"Doubly dead."

"DIXON! HELP!" A scream suddenly came from into the room. Immediately, I ran into the room to see Luna crouching behind one of the chairs, holding a Playstation 3 controller in midair as if it was a weapon.

"Who are they, Dixon!?" Luna cried when she saw me.

"DIXS? HOW DID THAT...THING GET IN OUR HOUSE?" Carl yelled. "AND WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!"

"Don't ask me!" I put up my hands. "I still have trouble believing it at first!"

"YOU MEAN YOU KNEW IT WAS HERE?!" Carl exclaimed.

"Well it's not just knew..." I scratched the back of my head.

"Dixon has been kind enough to provide me with a place to stay until we found a way back to my world." Luna finished for me.

"YOU WHAT?!" Adrian yelled, which caused me to jump a little. Adrian was not one to raise his voice frequently, but when he did so, he yells even louder than Luna in Canterlot Voice

"What were you thinking?!"

"I can explain!" I said as cold sweat dripped from my forehead.

"Oh you have a lot of explaining to do alright!" Carl yelled as he grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Suddenly, I was met with two different gaze from my brothers. One was of shock whole the other was a bizarre mix of anger and sheer confusion.

"What were you thinking!? You just let a unicorn, in our house!?" Carl yelled.

"Dixon, I'm not sure what exactly is going on but," Adrian sighed before looking at me straight into the eye with a stern look. "How did this start?"

"W-well you see..." I began.

Five minutes later…

Adrian and Carl have been listening to my explanation for a while now. Carl began to look less angry and more interested in what I have to say while Adrian is still looking at me sternly.

"Wait, what? That unicorn likes Nutella?" Carl interrupted when I explained about Tuesday.

"She reacted to it just like you did when your RX7 came fresh from the dealership. Also, she's an alicorn, not a unicorn. You don't think unicorns have wings do you?"

"An alley-what?" Adrian asked.

"Alicorn." I corrected. "It was defined as the material that makes up the horn of a unicorn but recently, it became known as the name for winged unicorn."

"Dude! It's a Pegacorn!" Carl shooked me. He looked as if he was going to burst out of excitement "Holy shit, did you know how AWESOME THIS IS!? "

"S-stop, s-shaking, m-me!" I said, while feeling the blood in my brain going back and forth like a pirate ship ride.

"Anyway, where was I again? Oh yeah, then the both of us..."

Much later…

"And that's how it all started. From start to... well, now." I concluded. Carl was now standing, stunned and speechless as he tries to comprehend the current situation while Adrian was leaning against a wall arms folded, still staring at me stoically.

"Do you know what this means?" Carl suddenly gasped.

"We are going to run out of Nutella?"

"What? No! Well that could is a problem, but, shit. That'll means I can't mas-I mean, plant trees anymore!"

"You already got a place of your own in Clay County, I'm sure you can plant all the trees you want, I had it worst than you do." I looked at him disapprovingly while chuckling at his term of "tree planting".

"Oh really? Try me." Carl said disbelievingly.

"Try being unable to search anymore Rule 34 of her."

"Wait, so she's that Princess Luna that you've been searching R34 of?" Carl raised an eyebrow while folding his arms. "Man, you're fucked up. I may have some questionable sexual preference, but I wouldn't go as far as to search up stuff like that!"

"What!? No!" I yelled, feeling my blood rushing to my face. "How did you-"

"So you are saying that she's a princess? As in... royalty?" Adrian asked.

"HOLY SHIT!" Carl's eye widen when he realized the meaning of 'princess'. " You kidnapped a princess!?"

"What do you mean kidnap?!" I cried. "She came with me willingly!"

"Anyway, the both of you are the only one who knows about this," I said. "What is said here must NEVER leave this room."

"We're in the corridor." Adrian said.

"Whatever! I'm just saying that if anyone of you should ever, EVER mention this to other people..." I turned to glare at Carl.

"Let's just say that I will pour sugar water into someone's gas tank."

"If you lay a finger on my car, I will mur-"

"Alright, alright." Adrian interrupted. "We get it. Mum's the word."

We stared at each other for a while after that, not even moving an inch. The awkward silence was only broken when Adrian spoke.

"So, I think we should introduce ourselves then. Wouldn't want to get on the wrong hand with a royal." He said as he grabbed and turned the door knob on the door.

"How dare thou strike thy princess! We should have you locked in the dungeons!" Luna shouted. I assume raging at being killed constantly in a mission.

"She plays video games too?" Carl whispered.

"I'm a bad influence." I admitted before turning to face Luna.

"Umm, Luna? I have something to say..." I scratched the back of my head as I said this.

"Oh Dixon! You're just in time to..." Her voice suddenly stopped when she turned around and saw my brothers.

"Alright, here goes..." I thought to myself as I took a deep breath. "These two are my brothers, they are..." I turned around and took a quick look at them before turning back and continuing. "'Thrilled' to meet you."

"This is Adrian, the eldest brother." I motioned Adrian to walk towards Luna which he did so reluctantly. " Adrian, this is Princess Luna, the Mare of the Night."

"Charmed." Luna said as she put out a hoof.

"Ermm...thanks?" Adrian said as he shook it, which caused Luna to look at him questionably. "What I do wrong?"

"I'm thinking that you're supposed to bump it." I pointed out.

"Oh." He said as he walked away.

Carl looked as if he was going to explode from excitement, which is strange considering that he looks as if he was about to faint when he saw Luna for the first time.

"Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod! I still can't believe it! A fucking pegacorn! IN OUR HOUSE! This is better than that time I realized Bruce Willis was dead in The Sixth Sense from the beginning!-"

"Ahem, introduction!" I cleared my throat.

"Oh yeah, sorry. I'm Carl. Nice to meet you!" He said cheerfully as he fist bumped her.

"Dixon, I need to ask you something." Adrian said. "How do you think that you- what the heck, WHY IS THERE A HOLE IN THE TV!?"

"WHAT?!" Carl and I said simultaneously as we turned our head around to face the TV.

True enough there was a smoking hole no bigger than the size of my head in the centre of the TV, it was hidden by the black wallpaper hence why none of us noticed it in the first place.

"Who did this!? HOW?! There's no one in here except..." I stopped as I turned my eyes towards Luna suspiciously

"Lulu." I said, stroking a non existence goatee.

"WHAT?! How dare you accuse thy of..." She stopped when she realized the overwhelming amount of evidences against her,

"Yes." Luna said as her head drooped a little.

"This is ragequit on another scale." Carl whispered to Adrian.

"Dad wouldn't be too happy when he finds out, that's a $20k 4K TV! He still has five months of installment for this thing! Crap! We're screwed!" I cried out.

"Not me! I'm outta here!" Carl yelled as he ran out of the room.

"YOU COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!" I screamed from the window as I saw Carl getting into his car.

"She's your girl! Your problem! I'm outta here!" He yelled as he sped off in his yellow Mazda RX-7.

"THAT SON OF A-" I stomped my foot as I cursed, "Arrgh!" Now I'm seriously considering pouring said sugar water into his gas tank.

"W-what do we do about this?" Luna asked.

"Could you use your magic to reverse the damage you've done?" Adrian said.

"I-I can't!" Luna cried. "There's no spell that could revert an object back to the way it was!"

"Darn! How do we hide it now?"

"We'll just do it the old fashioned way." Adrian said as he pulled out a dirty towel covered in different coloured spots from under the one of the armchairs and cover the television with it. "And make sure Dad doesn't goes inside!"

"Got it!"

"DIXON? ARE YOU THERE? I'M HOME!" The both of us heard Mom calling from downstairs.

"Oh crap. Now what do we do?!" I said.

"Try to hide Luna! I'll go down and stall her!" Adrian said as he left the room, leaving only the two of us in the room. We both didn't say anything for a while.

"That was... interesting." Luna said, breaking the silence.

"True that," I said. "I thought the both of them are going to faint when they saw you!"

"They're certainly not like you when we first met." Luna chuckled.

"Yeah..." I said as I scratched the back of my head, remembering the first day where we met. " Tougher, stronger, smarter. Also better looking too..."

"I think you look fine just the way you are."

"R-really?" I looked up in surprise, looking at Luna. "Thanks." She smiled.

"Psst! Hey, have you found a hiding spot for her yet?" Adrian whispered as his head popped into the door. "You know I can't stall her forever!"

"Oh, yeah. Right!" I said as I stood up. "Luna, would you please?"

"It would be my pleasure." She said as she started glowing white and shrink in the size until a cat appeared from where she was.

"She could do that too?" Adrian asked in surprise.

"Yeah, whatever. Anyway, let's go." I motioned Cat-Luna to follow me out of the room.

Today, I've learnt two very valuable lessons: One, when you have two brothers, never count on the second eldest to help you out. Two, always delete your browser history even if you're using the browser nobody ever uses. (AKA I.E.11)



















Also, note to self: Prepare a bowl of sugar water.

Author's Note:

After 9 months in development, hopefully, it would be worth the weight.

After what seems like forever, F:yay:KING FINALLY! I apologise for being so late. But as I said before. It was like this for my imagination:

But now, I'M BACK! As quoting from a picture on the wonderful Internet!

Now that have I've planned out the storyline, I'll promise to update more often.

And as always, thanks for reading and tell me what you think!

Comment's loved.

Like's loved more

Does anyone have a good idea for a coverart?

Special thanks to Chromio for editing this for me!