• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 6,302 Views, 201 Comments

High School Shenanigans - Melancholy Angel



Dixon was your everyday boring adolescence, trying to survive school and annoying classmates. At least the boring part changed when he found a very confused and very lost princess one day.

  • ...
26
 201
 6,302

Chapter 3: A Cold Day (WARNING OUTDATED)

Well shit, just a day past and I find myself knee deep in this huge amount of shit I'm in. It can't get any worse right? Right? (To be completely honest, I don't know.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was Wednesday and Wednesday is my second favourite day of the week. Why? It's the middle of the week and everything will go downhill from that point on.(In a good way). I used to think that it was weird, but when you think about it more often, it is not really weird at all.

Well today got off to a great start. I woke up half an hour earlier not because I feel like it. But because it was so FUCKING COLD! Shiver me timbers! Luna was partially to be blamed for this, she just took all the cover and buried herself under a huge mass of cloth and leaving me practically butt naked(not literally of course) in the cold!

When I finally took the courage to get out of bed, I could see the reason now. It was snowing! When you add thin clothings and snow weather, it'll give you a temperature colder than the deepest pits of the ice age!

"BRR!" I shivered as I walked into the bathroom and proceed with my morning rituals. Once I'm done, I got into my room and search for a nice thick jacket. I did find one eventually, but even when I put it on, I was still shivering. So I decided to take the most logical action for the cold weather.

Get back in bed and try to sleep off the rest of the 23 minutes I have left before the alarm clock sounded off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bzzt...Bzzt...Bzzt

Click!

Nope, not a wink. I can't sleep even in the jacket and duvet since a particular pony keeps hogging all the duvet to herself. Sighing, I got off the bed again and changed into something warmer than just T-shirt and shorts.

Luckily, my mom knows what to prepare for a cold weather like this, a nice hot cup of hot chocolate and 2 piece of toast spreaded with one of mankind's greatest invention greeted my eyes as I walked into the kitchen. It goes by many names but we all mostly know it as Nutella.

Well, if there's one good thing that comes out of snow, that is school will be cancelled for the day.

"YAHOO! SNOW!"

"Calm down Dixon, It's not snowing hard enough for school to be cancelled!"

Darn! I can feel my smile fading away instantaneously.

"Don't look so gloomy! It might snow harder later for school to be cancelled."

Maybe we can get an earlier dismissal today. I thought to myself as I savoured the last bite of the toast with the form of Jesus on it.(I wouldn't say God because his chocolate form is not Nutella)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pushing the door open quietly, I placed a warm glass of milk and a slice of Nutella toast on the desk next to my bed.

Hmm... How should I wake her up today... The funny way or the normal way?

Looking at the mountain before me, I smirked as I figured out how to wake her up. Grabbing hold on one end of the duvet, I pulled with all my strength and out plopped a blue alicorn on the floor with her rear high up in the air, as if she was doing yoga and failed.

The impact from landing on the wooden floor shook up the princess and she glared daggers at me. I tried my best not to laugh. Obviously, I failed as I had abosolutly no control over my laugh factor.

"AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"IT'S NOT FUNNY HUMAN!" She shouted.

"I'M SO SORRY! YOU LOOK ABSOLUTLY HILARIOUS!" I wiped a tear from my eye as I started to go out of breath from laughing. Princess Luna got back up on her hooves and sat on the bed, looking at me disapprovingly.

"And also, I got your breakfast here." I said as I passed her the toast. "And here's some milk too."

Princess Luna looked at the toast and looked at it with great interest.

"Is there a problem Princess?"

"What is this? I have never seen this before."

"What? Don't you have toast in Equestria?"

"Oh no! What I meant is the substance upon the toast!" She said pointing to the Nutella spread on the toast.

"Oh that! Don't worry Princess."I laughed. " That is just a...flavouring for the toast we use on Earth, it's similar to jam except it's not made from fruits. And I believe that you'll find the taste...some what...interesting."

Luna raised an eyebrow and looked at me before looking back at the toast in front of her eyes before bringing it close to her mouth.

She opens her mouth...bringing the toast closer... and closed her mouth... and chew...

Immediately, Luna's eyes widen to the size of dining plates. A wave of emotion swept over her face, shock, joy, happiness, doubt, disbelief and etc etc blah blah blah.

Before I stop you right there, what was your reaction when you tasted Nutella for the first time? To me, it was as if a unicorn jumped over a double rainbow while listening to all my favourite musicians collaborate on a song just for me while I unalive Justin Bieber from the face of the Earth.

How about Luna's reaction to her first taste of Nutella? She.......*shudders*, watch this video. Double that, no TRIPLE that and you don't even get HALF as close to Luna's reaction to Nutella.

I had to slap her, twice, just to get her back into reality.

SLAP! SLAP!

"Get a hold of yourself Princess!" I shook her shoulders, snapping her out of the "Nutella-effect".

"Huh? Oh! I'm so sorry! I..."

"DIXON! THE BUS IS HERE!" My mom shouted.

"Hold your apology till later. We have to go now."

...

And that's how I learnt not to give a goddess Nutella.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now, I'll be stuck here for the next 7 hours or so. In this place called school.
First Period: History

Hooray! Let's spend an hour of our life reading on somebody who's worm food for the last 50 years! Seriously, name a job that requires you to know history, because I can't. I'm bored out of my mind, sometime Luna had to wake me up because I almost fell asleep right then. Luna on the other hand wasn't bored at all, oh no. She was listening attentively to each and everyword the teacher was saying. AND I DO MEAN EACH AND EVERY WORD.

Today's lesson is on the Industrial Revolution, a period in time where we started using machines in factories. The History teacher keeps rambling on and on and on. I wasn't learning anything! In fact! I could learn the exact same thing from Horrible History books and World History Crash Course on YouTube! Just like Homer Simpson once said," They pratcally raised themselves up with the Internet."

Anyway, Luna was amazed by how humans uses the machine to their use. And with every lesson comes questions, and who did she pick to ask? Little o' me, how lucky.

What do humans use to power those ma-shines? Where do they get their energy from? And how... And it goes on and on and on.

Please let this be over soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Period: English

English Literature wasn't so much better either, we have to read ' The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It's the story of a rich guy named Gatsby and his quixotic(creepy) passion for some girl named Daisy. It is considered a literary classic and now all of us have to read it, damn you F. Scott Fitzgerald.

To be honest, it is a great book, with it's exploration of themes such as decadence, idealism, resistance to change, social upheaval, and excess. But seriously, there's a film based on this book that has been out for sometime now, and when 'picture speaks a thousand words', I think most of the students will watch the movie instead of reading the book.

Human work of literature, for some reason, intrigued the curiousity of Princess Luna. Ha, I don't think they have something like this back in Equestria. Do they have their version of William Shakespeare? I wonder what his name would be in Equestria. (Not to be confused with Shakespearicles, the strongest writer who ever lived)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Third Period: Math

This is the first lesson in which Luna couldn't keep up with. Trigonometry, does anyone even use that? I know its used in astronomy and by mathematicans but seriously. How many of us are going to be astronauts or astronomers later in our life?

Those numbers...my brain...it hurts...

"My brain is going to hurt more if you don't shut up!" I whisphered. I need the concentration in doing the question Mr. Lawrence gave us to do.

All I can think of is tangent 90... which is the same as divide by zero. Come on! Do we even need to know this? I don't like to brag but I'm sure that I can learn more by reading 'The Fiendish Angletron' in just ten minutes compared to listening to Mr. Laurence for an hour
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forth Period: Lunch(Is lunch considered a period?)

I don't trust the cafeteria food here, all of them are nothing else than overprocessed, bland food if you can even call them food that is. That's why I always bring my lunch from home.

But I can't go into the cafeteria, unless I want Luna to be discovered by almost everybody in the school. So I have to sneak out behind the gym block so Luna and I can eat in peace without being spotted.

"You know that you're not suppose to be here, if everyone were to see you, then the world would flip on it's axis and shit happens. So please don't say a word."

Luna nodded as I brought out my paper bag, in it were a PB&J sandwich, an apple and a mint. Splitting the sandwich in two, I gave half of the sandwich to Luna while keeping the rest for myself. I am not going to repeat the same mistake of giving her all my food.

"So, any ideas on how to get back to Equestria?" I asked.

"I have yet to think of something as of now."

"Try thinking of...well...where you were before all this happened.

"As I said, I was standing on the castle balcony one moment then-"

Suddenly, there was a ear shattering scream that nearly destroyed my eardrums. The both of us turned towards
the direction of the scream to see a redheaded boy pointing his finger at...the both of us? Or maybe it's just Luna, or was it me? He was shaking his knees as if they were about to buckle.

"W-w-w-what t-t-the f-f-....AHHHH!!!!!!" Then he ran away screaming for his life.

The both of us looked at each other for a while before I muttered.

"We're fucked."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the middle of the 5th period

"Excuse me class! But the question I gave you to do are on the board, not outside the window!" The teacher snapped.

The whole class can't help it, it's really coming down out there and the possibility of an early dismissal are getting
larger and larger. Everyone is looking outside the window now, even Luna is looking out the window.(Actually, since she's stuck on my head, what I see will be the same as what she sees)

"Please excuse this interruption!"

Aha! The principal is on the PA! This could be it!

"Due to the severe weather conditions, school will be dismissed at the end of this period."

YAHOO! SNOW!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
RING!!!

YES! The end of the period! Time to go home now! I grabbed by bag and got out into the school corridor just to see everyone, literally everyone, staring at me and saying stuff, about me I suppose.

Why are we being stared at?

I gave no reply to Luna, with so many people looking at us, replying to her might blow her cover and shit might happen.

Giving no heed to the eyes, I walked on only to see the SAME redheaded boy talking to his friends. In case you did not notice, this redhead is the school's most popular boy who's a grades above me. The moment he saw me, he pointed me out and shouted.

"YOU! H-H-HE'S GOT A HORSE IN THE SCHOOL! I KNOW BECAUSE i SAW IT!"

"Luna, please don't judge me on what I'm about to do next." I whisphered

What exactly are you doing to do to him Dixon?

"I'm going to turn on my crazy switch and use my stoopid face."

Umm... okay?

This is a very old habit of mine, whenever someone is spreading rumors about me. I will debunked the rumor with my crazy speech which I learnt from the Internet. 95% of the time it solves the problem, but that came at a price too. Almost everyone in the school thinks that I'm stupid. Oh well, I'm not planing to show my genius to them anyway.

"So!" I pranced over to him. "So I have a horse with me? Amirite?" I said in my most stupidest tone I have.

"YES! AND DON'T YOU DENY IT!"

"Oh!!!! And do you see this horse with me?" I rubbed my hands together.

"N-N-NO! BUT YOU MUST HAVE HIDDEN IT!'

"And would you tell me about this...horse?"

"IT'S BLUE! THAT'S ALL I SAW!"

"A blue horse?!" I laughed. "Where would there exist a blue horse?"

"Y-Y-YOU HAVE IT!"

"And next I suppose you'll say that it have wings like a pegasus!"

I'm an alicorn!

"Y-Y-YES! I SAW IT'S WINGS! YOU WERE GIVING IT A SANDWICH!"

I crossed both my arms together and looked at him, now I got him. "Really? Wings? Of all the lies you tell, this is the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard in my life."

"B-B-BUT!"

"No 'buts', if you think that these people,"

*I pointed to the crowd that formed behind us*

" are going to believe that you saw a fucking pegasus, you're wrong. Get your eyes checked boy, I wasn't with a horse. And you think I'm that stupid to bring a huge ass horse to high school? Grow up, please." I turned towards the exit and proceeded out, leaving him standing there with a dumbfounded look on his face.

...

Outside the school compound, Luna said.

Wow, I didn't know that you would be like that!

"All to protect the Princess from being discovered your majesty."

I should thank you for that.

"Really now? Earlier, you were going to apologise to me and now you're thanking me? Don't mention it." I replied with an amused look on my face. "But yeah, if it wasn't for my acting, you would have been discovered and then shit happens."

Could you please stop using that word? It's very uncouth of you

"Sorry Princess, but old habits die hard." I laughed.

"Well we should get going now."

Yes, let's


Well at least today went alot better than Monday and Tuesday, can't wait to see what Thurday would bring.

Author's Note:

Never EVER give a princess Nutella.

If Nutella isn't God in his chocolate form, then what is?:pinkiegasp:

Uh oh! Spotted! :pinkiegasp:

Time to unleash... stoopid face.






Working as hard as I can to bring you guys this third chapter. I did alot of research and with somehelp from a friend. However, due to my examinations from the start of 22nd September, I wouldn't have as much time to write. But there would still be a forth chapter! And I say that it's going to be better than this chapter!

And also, please tell me what can be improved! I'm...:ajsleepy: sleep deprived as of now.