• Published 18th Nov 2013
  • 4,136 Views, 28 Comments

Hetalia: Journey to The Strange World - IamtheRazgriz



The countries of Hetalia get sucked into a portal to Equestria! How will they escape?

  • ...
5
 28
 4,136

Journey to The Strange World

Everyone was inside the "belly" of a cargo plane, ten-thousand feet off the ground, in the air. They all were as quiet as they could be, while Italy was singing a little tune. Germany, sitting right next to him, could hear him singing away.

All he could think then was, Wow. This guy is just plain weird. Suddenly the loud speaker on the wall in the corner of the plane was heard. It was the pilot. The speaker crackled as the old thing started up. "Attention! This is your pilot speaking! We will be at the DZ in three minutes and thirty-five seconds... Repeat: drop zone will be reached in three minutes and thirty-five seconds. Please make sure you have your gear ready, and that you are ready to jump." The speaker made a high-pitched noise as the pilot turned off the PA system. One that sounded like the screech heard when you try to place two antennae of walkie-talkies right next to each other while they're turned on.

It was all really quiet then, until, that is, America spoke.

"Yo, guys!," he said. Everyone turned their heads to look at the arrogant, self-centered nation. "Alright, now that I have the attention of everybody, here's the plan! Russia, back me up! China, you're going to back me up! England, you'll back me up! Germany, you can ba-," he said, before England interrupted him.

"How many times do I have to tell you everything is NOT about being the damn hero?!," England yelled at America. Everyone could see the rage in his face. His face became red, filled with anger and apathy. "There's more to strategy than just rushing into battle unorderly and random!" America replied, "Dude, if that's the case, how do you explain how I kicked your ass in the revolutionary war?" America stopped, realizing what he just said. "Well, you see... I just wasn't prepared, that's all!," England argued back, failing. America quickly forgot what he said earlier and continued arguing with England. America said, "You sure 'bout that dude? 'Cause I'm sure that your army was as ready as ever! I beat you 'cause I didn't march along in orderly fashion and acted on orders. Yep, it's true! I acted on instinct, and had hidden in the trees and bushes."

France butted in. Like he always does. "Why don't you two just settle down and stop all this madness?" England became even more infuriated at his mortal enemy's voice. Then England stopped talking, the atmosphere around him became cold, and he hung his head, staring at France across the way, peering deep into his skull, still while hanging his head. He finally spoke, in a low, whispery voice. "Shut up you wine-loving bastard!!!" His voice tone and volume increased as he said, "No one was talking to you!" He was yelling by the end of his sentence. That just lead on to an argument that folded out like always. England called France a "wine-loving bastard". France called England a "tasteless, boring nation". So on and so forth.

Everybody was so involved in this argument they never even heard the PA speaker start back up. They suddenly heard someone talking again."This is the co-pilot speaking. DZ has been reached... Prepare to jump in one minute." This time it was a woman's voice. The guide person (that nobody noticed before, since well, he was Canada.) stood up, and opened the cargo bay door with the push of a button. Slowly, but steadily, the door opened up till it was pointed at a slight downward angle. The Speaker crackled on last time before they jumped. "Alright. Prepare to jump in ten seconds..." And the countdown begun, "9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... NOW!!" Everyone jumped from the plane one at a time. They all yelled something when they jumped.

For America, who was the first to jump, he yelled, "Wooohooo! Alright!"
Russia, who was second, yelled, "Vodka!" He also didn't jump with a parachute. The crazy guy.
Then China, third to jump from the plane screamed, "Pandas!"
The fourth to jump, Japan, didn't yell anything, but instead said, "This is not my idea of fun!"
Italy screamed the whole way, being the wimp he is, and screamed about not wanting to jump, and wanting to instead go home.
England and France fell out of the plane simultaneously while they were still fighting.
Germany was the only one most like a soldier of the whole gang, since he was extremely disciplined. He was the only one to not say anything when he jumped.

They all fell down as gravity took them careening at the same speed towards the earth. Since Russia was the only one without a parachute, he quickly fell and landed in the shallow beach waters below. Taking a look around them, they had noticed the moon in the sky was almost directly above them. It was around 11:45 P.M. where they were at in the world. They floated down gently and landed safely on the beach. When they finally managed to escape the prison of their parachutes when they landed on top of them, they could hear Russia on the beach. He was slightly moaning, asking for Vodka. But mostly asking for Vodka.

Russia spoke with them about his injuries, "Well, I can tell I've got a broken bone in my arm, and I've also got a sprained ankle, as well as a headache from impact. But other than that, I can still go!" They perked up a camp for themselves for overnight. Each nation's bedspread resembling their own flag. They made themselves a little campfire and some food. England was turned down for meal preparations because of his bad taste and bland cooking.

They wanted something potent with flavor, a meal that would do well to fill them up. They decided that either Japan or Italy would be cooking tonight. After a slightly longer than needed debate, they decided it would be Japan catering the food. So, with some things that he managed to find on the island (as well as the Chinatown China had built on the island), Japan had the right ingredients to make a food that was held highly in his house. He was able to make nikujaga.

First, they needed to start a fire... Where would they get the firewood from? "Hey guys, I'm gonna go look in the forest over here, alright?," Germany said. "Dude, that's a totally great idea! Let me go wi- oof!!" Germany clotheslined America when he attempted to run past him. "Actually, I intend to go alone. Don't come with." Germany turned around, and walked into the forest. It seemed like it was quite dark from a glance. As he vanished into the forest, America jumped up and tried to run into the forest after Germany, in hopes of finding him, and insisting on coming with. England stopped him, though, just when he reached the tree line. "America, you doofus! If he wants to go alone, let him go alone. Do you understand?," he said. America said, "Hey! Let me go! You're not the boss of me!" He was fighting England's unusually strong grasp to no avail.

"By the way, why is your grip stronger than usual? What happened!?" England told America why, "I used my black magic to summon up strength to stop you, because I knew it would be difficult. Trying to hold you back? You're like a tank!"
"Are you trying to call me fat!?"
"No! I'm simply saying that if I were to try and stop you with my normal strength, you would beat me and run off easily. But, if I use my black magic abilities, I can summon more strength, just enough to grab you and hold you back without losing my grip on you. Now do you understand?"
"Yeah, I totally understand, you crazy bastard.," America said. Sarcastically.
"What are you talking about!? I'm not crazy! If anything, you're the crazy one!"
"Dude, you talk to yourself out of nowhere, and not to mention out of turn while at world conferences! And you were also talking to yourself while at Japan's house, remember?"

England started to wonder what he was speaking about. He asked America, "How do you know about that visit?!"
America and the others really wondered what England was making a big deal out of this for. America continued to talk to England. "Dude, you really don't think that Japan wouldn't tell us what happened after that eventful night? You really ought to pick up your ass and stop dragging it around."

England and America argued for the rest of the time till Germany got back. Nearly an hour later, he stepped out of the forest. Italy lit up at the sight of his friend. "Germany! Germany! You're back! I was really getting worried that you might've gotten lost or something! But you're back, and now I don't have to worry anymore."

Germany set down the logs of wood he found, and they managed to get themselves a fire started, with extra logs he found sitting off to the side. They could feel the constant, steady breeze blowing around them as they remembered the portal that was above the island. Suddenly, the breeze felt stronger, and the fire was put out. From nowhere, the breeze then felt like a strong suction upward, and they were all lifted from the ground. They all screamed in perfect unison as they neared the portal, yelling, "Aaaaahhhhhh!!!"

******

When Germany left the campsite, he had two things on his mind. Good. Now that I'm alone, I can go investigate this portal thing before I go back to the beachfront. He started his investigation, taking note of his compass direction. Northeast. Better keep track of it. As he walked towards the center of the island, he started to feel a suction, which felt like it was pulling him towards the direction he was going. He took another look at his compass, and it was acting up. Strange... My compass is one of the best there is. Why is it acting up like this? Spinning around in circles. Germany was quite confused about this phenomenon. He watched the needle spin around faster and faster, gaining speed with every revolution it made. It seemed to get to the point that he couldn't see it at all. He began to wonder what would cause it to spin this quickly. But, he thought, it's spinning in clockwise circles! So this island is in the Northern hemisphere. Better keep going.

He kept walking in a straight line, until the suction force felt more like it was pulling him to the right. So he turned, thinking that he better keep going in the direction of the suction force. He kept walking, continually keeping note of his compass, how many times he had made ninety degree turns, and how long he walked in that particular direction. He kept walking and walking, and he didn't stop until he reached his destination.

Once he made it to the place he had been searching for, his compass needle was spinning so rapidly that he felt his compass start to vibrate in his hand. Jesus, it is spinning so fast, it feels as if this thing is something completely different than what it is.

The place he reached was a huge clearing, with one portal sitting on the ground, showing what the place was that it led to. He found objects flying off the ground into the portal above him, and from the portal in the ground into the portal above him. He had reached ground-zero now. The suction felt more like a strong wind circling around him, trying to pull him up into the portal, yet at the same time, the portal below him. Then he realized.

All the objects flying into the portal up in the sky were small things, like twigs, rocks, and various other light debris. Anything that fell into the portal below him was all heavy things, like full grown trees, boulders, and live organisms. Bigger ones which couldn't grab onto something for protection.

Germany quickly hurried back to the campsite, but remembered to grab firewood on the way. And he slowed down, caught his breath, and fixed himself before he picked up the twigs and branches off the ground and walked out of the forest. They were able to start up the fire, and start making the nikujaga. But before anyone could be served any food, the fire was blown out by the wind, and they were picked up off of the ground by the suctioning forces. Shit!, Germany thought as the fire went out. Not now! I was just going to warn them! They all were pulled towards the center of the island, and into the portal in the ground so fast it made their heads spin. They all blacked out as soon as they went through.

Author's Note:

Nikujaga is a Japanese food known nationwide in their country, which is basically their equivalent to Americans' Beef Stew.

Back in the day, you see, Japanese countryfolk had trouble adopt a culture of their own... They eventually gave up and tried to adopt other nations' cultures, including America, England, France, and all sorts of other countries. Of these traditions, they attempted to make Beef Stew, an American food. The result was something like Beef Stew, but it wasn't exactly precisely like it. They called it nikujaga.