• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 5,487 Views, 186 Comments

Familiar Faces - GlitchyProductions



Follow the adventures of Dinky Doo as she encounters a pony that bears a strange resembelence to her caring and clumsy mother. [Pony in Humanized Equestria]

  • ...
9
 186
 5,487

Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Hunger

Proof-Read by SuperNova708

Dinky followed the mare into the wooden stand to see what Ditzy was doing. If she was going steal candy and run away from the scene like a thief, and then Dinky would have no choice but to stop Ditzy and try to get her away from the candy stand. Dinky walked around to the very back of the stand saw that the full damage that Ditzy had done to the door. A massive hole was blown into the middle of the door, large amounts of sharp pieces of woods were sticking out of the hole and splinters, and debris were all over the concrete floor.

Dinky looked through the hole in the door on the other side and saw that the debris was also inside the store; Dinky did not want to take the chance and get hurt by going through the door and catching a few splinters and injuries trying to get to the other side. Dinky leaned forward towards the hole and tried to find Ditzy inside.

“Ditzy… if you can hear me… err… could you open the door please? I can’t get through…” Dinky cupped her mouth with her hands and whispered to the mare inside.

Ditzy popped her head through the door rather quickly; Dinky immediately leaned back in slight shock from the mares head popping up in the door hole so quickly.

“Oh… Ditzy… could you open the door for me? I don’t wanna get a splinter… my mommy would get upset if I hurt myself… I’d have to wear a bandage and Carrot Top doesn’t like looking at blood...” Dinky blushed a bright red and rubbed her arm in slight embarrassment.

Ditzy stared at Dinky for a moment and lowered herself back into the candy stand; she walked out of the way so that Dinky could not see her. The mare looked up at the tall part of the door and saw the handle that could unlock the whole door. Ditzy raised herself up, stood on her hind legs for a moment, and started to grab the door handle and push it downwards. A slight click was heard from the inside of the door and it started to open.

Dinky smiled at Ditzy’s accomplishment and watched as the door opened all the way, she walked over to the door trying to step over the debris and splinters hoping she would not get hurt. She walked over to Ditzy and wrapped her arms around the mares head, lightly hugging the horse in praise.

“You’re so smart Ditzy!” Dinky patted the mare on the head delightfully; Ditzy began to smile at the human child because of her accomplishment. Dinky dug her fingers into Ditzy’s blonde mane and began to ruffle it.

Dinky stopped giving Ditzy attention and began to check her surroundings, and to her disbelief, she never noticed the complete inside of the candy stall.

The whole entire stall was filled to the brim with cardboard boxes; shelves were nailed on the top of the entire stall. Small glass jars full of candy and various types of sweets were inside on them, Ditzy licked her lips and the awe and amazement of the candy inside of the glass jars. She herself had never seen so much candy in such a small room before, her stomach rumbled.

Dinky noticed that Ditzy was licking her lips, slight amounts of drool started to drip from her mouth. Dinky frowned, crossed her arms, and tapped the mare on the backside.

“Ditzy… we can’t steal the candy… we might be hungry but we have to get to the park. My aunt and mommy will be very angry if they find out we have stolen some of their candy.” Dinky explained to the mare, Ditzy turned round and looked at Dinky, though still having a large amount of drool dripping from her mouth.

Ditzy ignored what the child said and started to check her surroundings, she noticed that one of the many cardboard boxes were piled together to make a small platform that lead up to the shelves where the glass candy jars are located. Ditzy trotted past Dinky, started to climb the cardboard boxes, one hoof by another Ditzy start to climb up to the very top of the cardboard boxes, and managed to reach one of the shelves at the top of the ceiling on the store.

“Ditzy! No!” Dinky waved her arms from side to side, her smile and motherly scolding tone began to drop and a wave of worry became over her. Her mouth dropped, her eyes widened and her pupils shrank a little.

Ditzy kept on with her mission to grab a piece of candy for one of the glass jars, she managed to get onto one of the wooden shelves hoping that the wood or the support beams wouldn’t either snap or break. Ditzy trotted across the shelf taking a small gander at what was in each jar on this particular row.

The looked inside each glass jar and saw Bubble-gum, liquorices, candy canes, jelly babies, jellybeans and even very large jawbreakers, bigger than the ones from home. She moved her head back and forth, ignoring Dinky’s calls and pleas to come down to safety. After coming up with an idea for what she wanted to eat, she also considered sharing with the human child.

“Ditzy! This is stealing, please come down!” Dinky plead to the mare, tears began to form in the eyes just from the thought of all of the consequences that could happen from just breaking and entering into a small candy stall in the marketplace. Stealing the candy was worse, knowing that being thrown into jail would be added into the punishment.

“We’re going to be in so much trouble! Please come down Ditzy! We can eat some food when we go back to my house!” Dinky tried to plead for the final time to the gray mare. It was no use; Ditzy was already taking off the lid on one of the glass jars with her mouth and began to pick up the jar by the small plastic handle on the side of it.

“Ditzy! Not the jellybeans!” Dinky put her hands up to her cheeks and began to overreact, she watched as the mare came back to the giant pile of cardboard boxes with the glass jar filled to the brim with jellybeans being held in her mouth by the handle.

Ditzy managed to travel across the shelf without causing any problems, she never pushed over any glass jars over the edge, she did not weaken the strength and wood of the shelf, and it seemed that there was going to be no problem. Ditzy started to lower herself onto the cardboard boxes; the boxes themselves were not attached to the wall and they were prone to moving about, even falling down.

“Be careful Ditzy!” Dinky warned, waving her finger at the mare like a parent scolding her child.

Ditzy started to put her hooves on the cardboard boxes, feeling her balance was going to turn her around. She put all four hooves on the cardboard box at the top of the very pile, she needed to put the glass jar down on the ground quickly, she could not let the glass jar roll down to the bottom of the pile or else it would smash. The contents would splash out and split.

Ditzy placed another hoof onto a cardboard box lower than the last, feeling her weight and balance sliding around with the jar in her mouth. Dinky immediately walked over to the base of the cardboard boxes and stretched her arms up into the air, preparing to catch Ditzy if she fell from the top of the cardboard boxes.

“Don’t worry! I’ll catch you Ditzy!” Dinky waved her arms around like a lunatic; she widened her eyes and prepared for the worst to happen. Ditzy lowered herself again to the third box in the pile, getting closer to the ground than ever.

Ditzy leaned forward and lowered her hoof onto the next box; she placed her hoof on the edge of the box and saw a little hole on the edge of it. The glass jar started to slip from her mouth, drool started to dripping down from the cold hard glass and the handle started to ebb towards the floor. This wasn't good. Her drool and the weight of the cup started to throw her off, her hooves were scrambling around to regain her balance.

Dinky couldn't watch. She knew what was going to happen before it had even happened. Ditzy was going to fall, reminding her of her mother when she used to watch her mother try and get the cookie jar from the top of the cupboard in her kitchen.

Dinky jumped back and closed her eyes from the destruction before her, covering her face with her arms as she heard violent sounds ring tone into her ears: smashing, cracking, snapping and small high pitched yelps of pain.


"IF MY LITTLE DINKY ENDS UP IN A CAGE... I'LL BE REALLY SAD!"

"It’s okay Derpy, we'll find her." Bon-Bon whispered to Derpy, wrapping her arms around her back and lightly tapping her on the back.

Carrot Top, Bon-Bon and Derpy all sat down in the middle of the living room. Bon-Bon and Derpy both sat down on the couch with both Derpy and Bon-Bon sitting down on the couch and Carrot Top standing up, crossing her arms not looking very impressed at Bon-Bon's performance to calm Derpy down. Derpy had covered her face with her hands; tears and snot were running down her face like an endless stream.

"What do you mean we?" Carrot Top put emphasis on "we", as if she was heavily disgusted by what Bon-Bon had just said.

"Well..." Bon-Bon paused, looking up to Carrot Top who didn't look so happy. "We need to work together to find Dinky, maybe look for clues or hints to where she might have gone." Bon-Bon tried to explain to Derpy's care-taker.

"No, no. I don't think we need your help." Carrot Top scoffed, rejecting Bon-Bon's offer to start looking for Derpy's missing child.

"And why is that?" Bon-Bon raised an eyebrow; she knew that Carrot Top was starting to get up to her antics. She didn't need this problem.

"Well..." Carrot Top began to speak, before being cut-off.

"ALL SHE ATE WAS A MUFFIN AND WE SAID GOOD NIGHT TOGETHER!" Derpy screamed out, Bon-Bon and Carrot Top shifted their attention towards Derpy and still saw that she was crying. Bon-Bon continued to rub and tap Derpy's back in another attempt to calm her down.

"What's with all the noise? I go upstairs for a moment to try on some clothes and I hear some brat cr-" Lyra stormed into the living room, Carrot Top and Bon-Bon looked at Lyra walking into the living room in surprise. Lyra had taken the time to put on one of the very skimpy and revealing maids outfit for nightly fun-time. Carrot Top shrieked in terror and Bon-Bon's face immediately blushed a bright red at the sight of Lyra.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Lyra looked around and saw Carrot Top standing in front of Bon-Bon, who was holding Derpy in her arms on the couch. She crossed her arms and dropped her smile.

"If you must know lesbian, I am here to ask for help." Carrot Top scoffed, she crossed her arms and looked away from Lyra who just as well, didn't look very happy.

"Help for what? You need some carrot plucking from your garden or something?" Lyra teased, raising an eyebrow at Carrot Top and her tone of voice.

"No lesbian. We need to help Derpy." Carrot Top scoffed.

"Girls, this is no way to talk to one and other while we have a missing child on our hands." Bon-Bon interrupted both women and they looked over to Bon-Bon, both of them not looking very happy. Lyra frowned and Carrot Top just didn't look very happy.

"I guess you are right les- Bon-Bon." Carrot Top admitted. "We need to contact the police and ask them to carry out a search." She added.

"No." Lyra nodded from side to side, putting her hand on her face.

"What?" Carrot Top paused. "You have a better idea Lyra?" Carrot Top scoffed.

"Yeah. I do." Lyra smirked.

"Then please. Why don't you tell all of us?" Carrot Top raised her voice at Lyra one more time.

"I was suggesting we go and SEARCH for her ourselves." Lyra put emphasis on "SEARCH", causing Carrot Top to frown.

"Fine... let's search for a missing child we have no idea of locating with no possible use of professional trackers." Carrot Top sarcastically groaned.

"B-but... what about my m-muffin?" Derpy also tried to butt in the conversation between Bon-Bon, Lyra and Carrot Top.

"Don't worry Derpy, you stay here and we will go outside and look for her." Bon-Bon whispered to Derpy, rubbing her back to calm her down.

"I j-just don't k-know what went w-wrong..."

To be continued...