• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 5,480 Views, 186 Comments

Familiar Faces - GlitchyProductions



Follow the adventures of Dinky Doo as she encounters a pony that bears a strange resembelence to her caring and clumsy mother. [Pony in Humanized Equestria]

  • ...
9
 186
 5,480

Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One: Orange

It was still the same, the world outside was still changing and the cold air still swept through like a disease. She slumped down on the wood with her hand up to her face, tears flew out like a sprinkler and her sobs and moans filled dread through the night.

Bon-Bon was alone in a world gone wrong; she couldn't go on without her wife and her beloved friend. She promised to return Dinky, and she failed. She instead lost both of her closest family all too quickly, Bon-Bon felt numb, whatever she had done to deserve this type of punishment was far beyond a joke. Her comprehension of this door was impossible, it had eaten her loved ones and she couldn't open it for all of her strength.

"Please... open..." She locked her fingers round the silver handle, feeling the remnants of heat that came from the previous users and pulled on it again with all her might and strength but no avail. The still wouldn't budge for anything, it was like it was instantly cemented round the sides so that it wouldn't open after Lyra and Derpy fell inside.

"Please..." Bon-Bon begged; she rammed her fist into the door causing a loud bang and a plethora of pain to swim round her arm. "Ack!" She fell down back onto the wooden surface and held her damaged hand and sobbed even more.

"Why won't you open?!" She screamed; the agonizing pain was too much for her. Bon-Bon didn't know what to do, the whole plan had gone out of the window and her friends weren't there to comfort her.

But Bon-Bon felt it, something was there. In the midst of all the pain surging round her body she felt something soft and wet creep up her backside, almost immediately she froze into position. Her tears and sobbing slowly died down as the strange feeling was moved its way up behind her.

Was someone touching her? Couldn't be, Bon-Bon was too scared to even look round; no one could be around to see her. But at the back of her mind thought that Derpy and Lyra were back, but there was something else gnawing at her to tell her not to move an inch.

"H-Hello..." She was feeling too stupid, not knowing why she just said that.

...

Nothing responded, but that strange feeling was still going on and on.

"P-Please... I n-need help... w-whoever you are..." Bon-Bon knew something was about to go wrong, she just knew it. That wet feeling just wouldn't give up no matter what.

She was getting impatient, a rare trait or her, Bon-Bon started to turn round to see what or who was causing that strange feeling. But to her surprise it was something that she didn't even expect at all. Her vision was slightly blurred as her fresh tears held themselves back but she saw an orange blob lying right next to her.

Without a second though, Bon-Bon jolted away and landed on the grass and wiped her eyes so that her vision was crystal clear.

Her mouth hung open at what she saw, a strange little orange horse with a purple mane lying down where Bon-Bon once sobbed. Eyes closed and legs retracted so it could try and stay warm in the cold dead night. It was a poor little weak thing, the little horse was strange. Bon-Bon eyed it up and took a good look at its unusual features that a normal animal wouldn't have. The short purple hair and the bright orange coat of fur, how strange. Bon-Bon was scared and surprised; she didn't expect such a small creature to appear out of nowhere.

"H-Hello?" Bon-Bon slowly ebbed her way over to the animal and leaned over it like a giant, and inspected the wings on the filly’s backside.

The filly slowly opened her eyes and scanned the area for a moment and looked up to see the human sitting down in front of her, she didn't move at all she continued to stare curiously.

"Wh-What are you... no..." Bon-Bon turned away from the filly and sighed. "I'm talking to a horse... she wouldn't understand... what is happening to me..." But as Bon-Bon moved away to recollect herself. But the filly had other plans; she got up on all fours and slowly trotted over to the upset human.

Bon-Bon breathed in and out to calm herself down until she felt something soft brush up against her legs, as she looked down she saw the little filly had moved and stood up to climb up on her lap. Bon-Bon stood still for a moment and watched as the little orange filly climbed up onto her lap and nuzzled her affectionately.

"Do you th-think I'm your m-mother or s-something?" Bon-Bon was anxious at first, but she moved her arms over the filly and began to pet it. The soft orange fur was somewhat calming, something this soft felt relaxing just to stroke. The purple mane scrunched against her shirt causing its roughness to lose edge, but that was what the filly wanted. Attention.

"You can't be real... why is your fur orange? Who did this to yo- great... now I'm talking to a horse..."


"Derpy put that little horse down right now!"

"But Porkchop wants a hug..." Derpy lifted up the little filly and shoved her in front of Lyra's face; the filly leaned forward and licked the green haired human across the face.

"Deugh!" Lyra quickly leaned back and wiped her face from the slobber that came from the filly, she pushed Derpy and the little small horse away. Derpy quickly hugged the filly again and held her close to her chest again. "We need to get out of here now Derpy!"

"I don't wanna leave Porkchop and her friends behind!" Derpy yelled out, the horses turned and looked at Lyra slowly eying her up awaiting a positive response from her.

Lyra couldn't take this anymore; this was getting out of hand for her. Being stuck in a cage with horses is one thing, but falling through a forest and into a place she didn't even recognize is pushing it too far. She quickly walked back over to Derpy with a frown on her face, not-so politely pushing the horses out of the way to get to her friend. Lyra leaned down and grabbed her by the collar.

"Derpy listen!" Lyra pushed the little filly out of Derpy's arms and picked up her human friend by the collar on her shirt. Causing her to quickly whimper, Lyra picked up Derpy up and made her stood on her two feet in a quick shamble. The horses cowered out of the way and watched as both humans argued. "Derpy, were looking for your damn child! Remember? Dinky! Don't forget about Dinky!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Derpy cried out, she moved her arms in front of her face and shielded herself from the impended pain she was about to get.

"Derpy, I'm not gonna hit you! We need to keep on looking for Dinky even without Bon-Bon, these horses don't mean anything. We gotta get outta here and we need to find Dinky! I'm not spending the rest of my life in this cage with a bunch of stinking horses!" Lyra calmed herself down and let go of Derpy, but her friend didn't stop. She dropped to the ground and instead fell onto the hay.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Derpy..."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Derpy... shut up… now..."

"Please don't hurt me Lyra, I didn't mean to!" Derpy cried out, tears fell down from her face and her body flopped down onto the rest of the surrounding hay.

"I said I'm not!" Lyra repeated, sounding angrier.

"Don't make the horsies sad!" Derpy leaned up and pointed with one arm, she used the other to shield herself from Lyra.

Lyra turned round to see the big red stallion and the little yellow filly standing right behind her, the red one didn't look so happy while the little one had a small bruise on her leg that Lyra didn't seem to notice at first. She was in trouble; she had hurt one of the horses.

"Woah, sorry horse, didn't mean to hurt that little one..." Lyra took a step back away from the red horse, but the stallion kept his ground and slowly trotted up to Lyra and then stood still. Behind her own backside she had her fist ready incase of an attack, a weak gesture, but the only defence she had in this situation.

The stallion glared at Lyra and the strange clothing that she wore; after he was finished he slowly turned round back to the others and swished his tail. Lyra obviously didn't understand, but she moved back over to Derpy and leaned down to pick her up.

"Lyra..." Derpy frowned. "You hurt the horsie!"

"Hey, I didn't mean to. I was tryin' to get some sense back into you, were still looking for Dinky aren't we?"

"Yes..."

"And we need to escape this cage."

"Yes..."

"With or without the help of these horses."

"Okay... but only on one condition..."

"What?"

"You say sorry to Porkchop!"


"Why would someone so cruel tape wings onto your back little horse?" Bon-Bon wrapped her arms around the scared little orange filly; she could feel the soft orange fur wrapping itself round her hand as she protected the poor animal for harms way.

The filly didn't even care; she rubbed her head against the human’s chest showing her affection for the warmth and care that she was giving.

"Did you get separated from your mother little one?" Bon-Bon patted the filly on the head, lightly touching the short purple mane hairs that blew in the cold wind. The filly looked up and stared directly into the humans eyes as if they were something she had never seen before, the expression she gave made Bon-Bon feel upset. As if this animal were just left alone to wander the forest.

"Heh... I go on a search for Dinky and now I find a lost little horse in the middle of a candy land..." She mumbled to herself.

The fillies ears slightly perked up, one of the words that the human said had great importance.

'Dinky'

That word was like a trigger, the filly almost immediately squirmed until she was out of the grip of the human. She took a stance and wagged her tail to grab the attention of the confused human, but without a chance to think. The orange filly ran away into the trees, constantly looking back to see the human following her.

"Wait- where are you going? It’s not safe here!" Bon-Bon yelled as she started to follow the filly, the small horse ran through the bushes and trees with her slowly lagging behind to desperately catch up in the midst of the mess. The world was getting more and more jumbled the further she went with the little filly, her shoes and fatigue stopped her from fully sprinting but she managed to keep up with the small animal.

Bon-Bon noticed a quick change in the scenery, she was still in the forest but it looked even worse than it originally did. The trees were now swaying back and forth as the winds started to speed up; all the way to the stump of the trees they appeared to be now made out of rubber. Constantly swinging back and forth from the force of the wind passing by.

The filly had waited for the human to arrive in this new space; Bon-Bon looked at the filly and walked up to it with concern.

"Wh- What did you r-run away for?" Bon-Bon kneeled down and placed a hand on her chest, she was out of breath. The pain inside was giving her a small cramp.

Scootaloo stood still until the human was right in front of her; she gave a little smile to the woman and continued to move. Although slower than before, the filly trotted up to something that Bon-Bon didn't notice at first.

A bright red brick wall was in the middle of the forest, everything was just going to shambles. The orange filly trotted up to the wall and rested against it. But Bon-Bon on the other hand took caution to what a strange piece of materials were doing out in the woods. She lifted her arm and lightly brushed her fingers against the wall and jerked away making sure that nothing would pop out and attack her.

Nothing happened, not a single thing happened. No Dinky, No Lyra or Derpy. This just made her feel worse about herself, she lost her friends and now she had to pay the price.

"I'm sorry little one, I can't go on..."

The filly frowned, she trotted up to the woman and raised her hoof and tapped her on the leg. Bon-Bon looked down still gasping for air to see the little orange filly wiggling her tail round like an excited puppy. She made her way back over to the brick wall and used her snout to point at the brick wall once again.

"Little one... what... are... you... doing..." Bon-Bon took a few steps over to the brick wall and leaned down behind the filly and closely inspected what the small horse was doing.

The little filly was trying to do something, but it was something that Bon-Bon was unable to make out as the horse did it. The filly’s snout was dug into the brick wall. This confused Bon-Bon. The filly was digging her snout and hooves into the thick brick wall clearly trying to push the bricks out of the way.

"Little horse... please stop..."


Lyra and Derpy were now sitting close to each other, their presence among the horses was starting to sink in and both groups became more and more comfortable with each other. Both humans sat down on a small pile of hay, one looking happier than the other. Derpy was still fussing Porkchop; the filly was still wrapped in her delicate arms while Lyra on the other hand was separate.

Lyra crossed her arms and legs and felt dirty, her thoughts was racing back and forth and she wasn't able to concentrate. Tonight has been so strange, a missing child, the forest turning sour and falling through the ground to only end up in a cage in what looked like a cave. She chuckled at the thought of wanting a cave to stay in and now she had gotten her request.

The horses were acting kind; many of them trotted up and gave both Derpy and Lyra another good look before going back to their own piles of hay. Both humans didn't react, they just allowed themselves to be looked at.

But there was something that Lyra didn't expect, one of the horses started to approach them. A familiar looking mare to be exact. With its gray coat and long blonde hair and wall-eyed expression it looked all the same, with a bid of curiosity. Lyra took a good look at Derpy sitting next to her petting and fussing over Porkchop and took note of the gray t-shirt, the blonde hair and the wall-eyed expression.

Taking those details back and forth between her friend and the mare approaching them it felt like a smack in the face. Lyra cringed hard at the thought that a horse could look so similar. But Derpy didn't think of this.

"Aww look Lyra! Another horsie wants to say hi!" Derpy waved over to the gray mare and smiled. Lyra was anticipating this.

The mare slowly wobbled over to both humans and looked up at take a good inspection of them, her eyes were all over the place no- they were the same colour and were in the same unusual places that they were supposed to be in. Lyra's mind was screaming, how could she not act surprised at the sight of the gray mare.

As it got closer, Derpy reached and patted it her blonde mane and ruffled it up to no end. But then something hit her, Derpy quickly stopped and pulled her hand away looking very shocked.

"Derpy? What's wrong?" Lyra spoke up; she noticed the change in Derpy's expression. It wasn't a good one either.

"This horsie..." Derpy was shaking, her arms flopped and she let go of Porkchop in an instant. Letting the filly slowly slide down her legs unintentionally. The mare quickly did the same; she quickly took a few steps back. And caught the attention of the other horses inside the cage. They knew something was up, and they weren't going to let down.

"This horse is what?" Lyra slowly placed her hand on her friends and shoulder, but she was quickly denied as Derpy pushed her hand away.

"M-Me..."

Comments ( 19 )

Lol, that Scootaloo is so cute, and when Derpy notices herself as a mare, I lol. :pinkiehappy:

dafuq what is scootaloo doing and i thought fluttershy was her mother?

More quick, chop chop chop

1775736

Uh... This isn't Pattycakes, remember? This is Familiar Faces.

Oh my.

Derpy sees herself in the horse?

Dimensions have been breached!

1775994 yes but in an earlier chapter they where close to eachother.

1775994 yes but in an earlier chapter they where close to eachother.

my dawww scale goes up to 100 this breaks my scale and my roof :derpyderp2:
i need a new dawww scale and roof now:derpytongue2:

1776685 Like a mother would her daughter?

1777135

I guess, but knowing Fluttershy's kind nature even in the circumstances of danger she'd possibly look after the youngest pony with her life.

:derpyderp2:shit just got real:derpyderp1:

It's really too bad this hasn't been touched in so long and sadly prolly never will be. It's a good story with an interesting concept and I kinda hoped to have seen it finished. Maybe since this author has moved on, maybe he will let someone else finish it with their own concept on an ending kind of like his other story?

4903126 HEY! That comment was posted more than 2 years back! I was a thirteen year old Dutch kid! Excuse me for not knowing my English that well when I'm only 13.

P.S. I'm not offended. No. Not at all.

Why was this cancelled?

Why do stories gotta cancel near the climax man

I was enjoying this until I saw it was canceled :facehoof:

Login or register to comment