• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 5,473 Views, 186 Comments

Familiar Faces - GlitchyProductions



Follow the adventures of Dinky Doo as she encounters a pony that bears a strange resembelence to her caring and clumsy mother. [Pony in Humanized Equestria]

  • ...
9
 186
 5,473

Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Sneaking Out

Proof-Read by SuperNova708

Dinky and Ditzy slowly made their way down the house corridor, it was past her bedtime and all of the house lights had been shut-off; most of the windows had their curtains closed and they were perfectly locked by Carrot Top with her house keys. At the end of the corridor a faint blue light was seen at the top of the staircase. Dinky knew what this was and proceeded to jump off Ditzy to investigate. Both Dinky and Ditzy stood at the top of the stair-case and looked down to the bottom. Only a small pile of shoes was seen at the bottom of the stairs but the blue light was brighter than ever.

"Okay Ditzy, you have to trust me." Dinky whispered to Ditzy. The mare stood still at the top of the stairs as she watched the human slowly begin to climb down the stair-case to see where the blue light was coming from.

Dinky slowly but surely made her way down to the bottom of the stairs, keeping her head fixed to looking right; she saw the blue light was coming from the living room, she breathed in and out slowly and began to walk into the living room. She moved towards behind the couch and hid herself quickly from sight. She then moved to the edge of the couch and turned her head to look at what was going on.

Derpy had fallen asleep on the couch; her body had curled up into a ball position as her head rested on one of the couch pillows. A large amount of drool escaped her mouth and there were biscuit crumbs all over the floor. Dinky couldn't help but giggle at the sight her mother was in. She looked to where the blue light came from and saw that the TV was left on; it seemed that Derpy was watching the Cowboy and Indian channel while she was downstairs.

Dinky walked back to the bottom of the stair-case and waved to Ditzy at the top, gesturing to come down stairs and continue on with their little trip to the park.

"Okay Ditzy, I need you to be very quiet, my mommy wakes up easy and she doesn't like it when people wake her up. Do you understand?" Dinky told the gray mare.

Ditzy nodded up and down, she lowered herself again so that Dinky could climb onto of her and it begins their journey to the park. Dinky stood over Ditzy and waited for the mare to stand back up. Ditzy climbed back up and carried the human child. Dinky immediately grabbed onto her yellow mane and stumbled back and forth.

"We need to open the front door, but you have to be really quiet..." Dinky whispered once again, this time whispered even quieter than before to Ditzy.

Ditzy slowly made her way down the stairs until she reached the bottom; Dinky patted the gray mare on her head and she smiled. Ditzy looked at the couch and saw the human lying down on the couch. She also noticed the biscuit crumbs and she decided to take a small gander at what was on the floor.

"Ditzy... get back here..." Dinky waved her arms in the air; she raised her voice a little at the mare approaching the couch in the living room.

Ditzy ignored the child and began her journey into the living room for the biscuit crumbs on the floor, she noticed that a whole pack of chocolate chip cookies were spilled onto the ground from where Derpy had knocked them off the table with her arms. Ditzy lowered herself and began to crawl to the nearly empty packet of chocolate chip cookies; she started to lick the carpet picking up the cookie pieces and putting them into her mouth, began to chew on the pieces, and swallow them.

"No Ditzy... that's bad..." Dinky managed to get near the mare and began to tug on her blonde tail, she pulled hard and she managed to pull Ditzy away from her mother and the cookies that were on the floor.

"Bad Ditzy!" Dinky scolded, she waved her finger back and forth at the mare as if she was talking to a little child.

Ditzy lowered her head and looked down at the ground. Dinky just realized what she had done to the mare and dropped her tone of voice and started to lower her arm. Ditzy looked back up still chewing the last remains of the cookies that she managed to snag.

"C'mon Ditzy, we have to go if we are going to save Scootaloo!" Dinky walked behind Ditzy and put her hands on her flank, this was a sign for Ditzy to lower herself so that Dinky could get on top of her. Ditzy lowered herself and Dinky slowly made her way onto Ditzy's back and grabbed onto her blonde mane.


The room was dimly lit; an orange glow from the lamp spread its way across her room. Carrot Top was lying on her large double sized bed sipping away at her delicious cup of tea, lying back on her pillow closing her eyes to relax from the day’s events. Carrot Top put down her cup of tea onto her small wooden drawer and continued to read her magazine edition of Equestria Daily.

"Oh that's wonderful..." Carrot Top flipped the page to reveal about the recent wedding ceremony that took place in the Canterlot Castle of Princess Gaia and Prince Blueblood. An article about the castle’s Royal Guards showing a parade around the town for all to see. Information and reactions and mixed opinions on the Bride and Groom were put into ludicrous detail and all around images of the event happening at the Canterlot castle.

"CARROT TOOOOOP!!!"

Just then, Derpy immediately smashed through Carrot Top's bedroom door by kicking it wide open.

"What is it Derpy?" Carrot Top groaned, she put her magazine down onto her small wooden drawer and looked at Derpy. Carrot Top was immediately taken back at her sudden carelessness. Derpy was crying, sobbing even. Her gray postal workers t-shirt was drenched in a strange liquid and her postal workers shorts were strangely missing revealing her pull-up underneath. Large amounts of tears were running down her face and her breathing pattern was not in rhythm, her hands covered up her entire face except for her mouth.

"SOMETHING BAD HAS HAPPENED!"

"What?" Carrot Top got up from her bed; she walked over to Derpy and wrapped her arms around her crying friend in an attempt to calm her down. Carrot Top moved Derpy onto her bed and sat her down; she soon followed and sat down with Derpy.

"DINKY IS GONE!" Derpy screamed out at the top of her voice; more tears came flowing from her face as she leaned to her side and placed her head on Carrot Top’s shoulder.

"How?" Carrot Top quickly replied back.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Derpy closed her eyes and screamed out loud. Her voice was partially muffled as her head was resting on Carrot Top's shoulder.

"What do you mean Dinky is gone? Where is she?" Carrot Top got up from her bed and stood up, she turned around and looked at Derpy who lowered herself and rested her head on Carrot Top's bed.

"SHE- SHE-" Derpy began to explain, her voice started to stammer and she couldn't get her words out of her mouth. Carrot Top walked over to her small little wooden drawer and plucked a tissue out of the box of tissues that were placed on the drawer; she sat down next to Derpy as if she was a mother trying to comfort her crying child. Carrot Top wiped Derpy's nose and tears from her face.

"Derpy, speak calmly. Calm down and tell me everything slowly." Carrot Top calmly spoke in a soothing voice, Derpy looked up at her friend and wiped the remaining tears herself with her arm. Derpy breathed in and out rather slowly to calm herself down and wrapped her arms around Carrot Top in an attempt to hug her tightly.

"I was downstairs..." Derpy began; her voice was quiet and weak from her very loud screaming. "I went to watch some TV a-and I fell asleep..."

"You fell asleep? Where? On the couch?" Carrot Top asked her crying friend.

"Y-yeah..." Derpy answered. "I woke up a few minutes l-later and the front door was open..." Derpy said.

"The front door was open? I'm very sure that I locked it. I don't think Dinky knows the locks password to open the front door." Carrot Top suggested to her friend.

"I c-closed the door and went upstairs... Dinky wasn't in her room... please help me Carrot Top!" Derpy shouted, she grabbed onto Carrot Top's night gown and repeatedly shook her back and forth in panic and fear.

"Derpy please calm down!" Carrot Top yelled, feeling the strong force of being pushed back and forth. She grabbed Derpy's hands and stopped her from shaking. "She couldn't have gotten that far Derpy; let's get dressed and take a quick walk around the street to look for her. I don't understand why she would leave the house at this time of night..." Carrot Top brainstormed.

"What if she was kidnapped by an evil man?! My poor baby!" Derpy started to cry again at just the thought of someone taking Dinky away, how she would be possibly thrown in a cage and left in there for the rest of her life by the evil man that kidnapped her.

"Don't be so silly Derpy; we would have heard someone come into the house. The front door shouldn't have been open." Carrot Top tried to calm down her crying friend; she wrapped her arms around Derpy and began to hug her.

"Don't worry Dinky; Mommy's coming for you..."


The streets were dark, the lamps started to turn themselves on and bring light for all of the people of RumsVille. No one dared to walk around town at night, what dangers lurked into the dark alleyways was something that not even the Mayor of the town would even think about. Dinky and Ditzy started to make their journey through the middle of Town Hall; the water fountain that spewed out water had stopped for the night. Crickets and weak gusts of wind filled in the blank silence. Ditzy walked forward towards the fountain, she was thirsty. The biscuits that she had eaten took a lot out of her throat and she was parched.

"We need to go to the park Ditzy, why are we in Town Hall?" Dinky asked the gray mare, obviously knowing that she wasn't going to reply back to her. But she was rather confused at the choice of location that Ditzy took her to, all she saw was a row of benches near the Mayor’s Office and the fountain that had turned off its water system for the night.

Ditzy ignored the child and continued to trot down the cobblestone path towards the water fountain. Dinky didn't understand what Ditzy was doing, but it felt like she knew what the mare was doing. Ditzy managed to get to the very front of the fountain, and lean up onto the small ledge on the base of the fountain. Dinky felt her body sliding off Ditzy's back and she soon managed to jump off Ditzy before she fully fell backwards. Dinky crossed her arms and wasn't very impressed with what Ditzy was doing.

"Ditzy? What are you doing?" Dinky raised her voice; she loudly spoke to the gray mare as if she was a mother scolding her child. Ditzy ignored what Dinky was trying to say, she leaned forward and craned her head towards the water in the fountain and puckered her lips to drink the water. She started to drink the cold fountain water and she felt a strange refreshing chill inside of her body. The water tingled her stomach and she started to enjoy it very much.

"C'mon Ditzy, I thought you were taking me to Scootaloo!" Dinky walked up to Ditzy, she leaned down and put her hands on Ditzy's long blonde tail she started to pull her tail just like when Ditzy was trying to eat the biscuits at home. Ditzy tried to ignore what the child was doing and she continued to drink from the fountain until she was finished.

"You know what! If you aren't going to take me to Scootaloo, I'm going home!" Dinky put down Ditzy's tail in a huff, she thought of a small plan to get Ditzy from drinking the fountain water; she started to walk away from the gray mare and began to leave the town’s fountain to go back home. Dinky was so close to getting onto the cobblestone path that lead her back to her comfy and warm home when suddenly she felt a massive tug on the back of her t-shirt.

Dinky nearly fell over as she saw that Ditzy had ran all the way over to her to stop her from going home; Ditzy kept on pulling on Dinky's t-shirt even though the child had turned around.

"Okay that's enough Ditzy!" Dinky yelled at the gray mare.

Ditzy heard what the human was saying and she stopped, she slowly opened her mouth and let go of the t-shirt. Ditzy moved back a few steps and waited for Dinky to continue. She lowered herself so that Dinky could once again get on top of her. Dinky walked over to the mare and stood over her and waited for Ditzy to rise herself so that she could sit on the mare once again.

"Why did you do that to my favourite t-shirt?" Dinky whispered to the mare as she was being lifted up onto her back, Dinky immediately grabbed onto Ditzy's mane and properly kept her back upright so that she wouldn't fall over. Ditzy turned her head to look at the child, she didn't reply. Obviously, she just gave a small smile to the child and Ditzy started to move her legs and they both begun their journey again.

To be continued…