• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 5,481 Views, 186 Comments

Familiar Faces - GlitchyProductions



Follow the adventures of Dinky Doo as she encounters a pony that bears a strange resembelence to her caring and clumsy mother. [Pony in Humanized Equestria]

  • ...
9
 186
 5,481

Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Moving On...

"You can't be here!" Dinky pointed back up at the gray mare; Ditzy backed her head away from the blonde child and took three steps back.

"What am I supposed to say to my mommy?!" Dinky breathed in and pointed her finger at the gray mare again; she saw that the horse was backing away from her and it wasn't a good sign. She needed her to stay in the room.

"Am I supposed to leave the house at night and go on a super cool adventure to free some horses from an evil ranch owner!?" Dinky's serious expression slowly turned into a happy and cheerful shout of joy. Ditzy raised her head back at the human child; she was confused at the human’s strange change in tone.

"That sounds like the coolest adventure in the world entire world!" Dinky screamed out in front of Ditzy. The human child jumped up and down on the spot in excitement.

Dinky immediately ran over to the gray mare and locked her arms around its body in an attempt to hug the horse with all of her strength. She continued to lock onto the horse and slowly dug her hands into her long blonde mane and began hugging as hard as she could to release all of her joy into the horse. Ditzy thought otherwise and began to try and push the child away from her as hard as she could, but it was no use. Dinky kept holding on for her for dear life and Ditzy felt the air within her begin to fade away.

"You're the best horsey ever!" Dinky yelled out with her eyes closed.

"Dinky! Dinky are you in there? Who are you talking to?" A quiet muffled voice was heard on the other side of the room. Dinky and Ditzy immediately stopped in their tracks and froze their entire bodies. "Can you open the door? I've got muffins!" The voice shouted again on the other side of the door.

Dinky's happy expression quickly changed; for a moment she was happy as a child could be, but she now had the problem of her mother coming into the room and finding out that a horse was inside of her room with a note explaining that a horse owner is evil. Dinky immediately ran over to the gray mare and stopped right in front of its face.

"You have to hide! My mommy is coming with some muffins! You have to hide in the closet!" Dinky placed her hands on the mare’s shoulders and began to shake the animal back and forth.

Ditzy's expression also changed, she looked from side to side to find a perfect place to hide. She quickly remembered what the human said to her and the closet was the best place to hide from the even bigger human.

"Get inside!" Dinky whispered to the mare, she used her strength to push the mare into the closet; what was unusual was that the mare was sliding on the ground as if it was made out of ice. Dinky managed to push the horse into the closet and she grabbed the door and then closed it in front of the mares face.

Dinky ran as fast as she could to her bed and made a small dive onto her bed sheets and quickly covered herself up with her blanket and laid her head back on her pillow; she then quickly closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.

"C'mon Dinky, let's eat some muffins!" Derpy kicked the door wide open with her feet; she was wearing gray postal socks that had a small knitted image of a mail box on the side where her ankles are. She changed her bed time clothing and was back in her usual postal attire and was holding a tray full of food in her hands, there was two bowls full of microwave baked muffins that were bite-size. On the other side of the food tray was two glasses full of cold milk. Derpy slowly took a step one by one towards her daughter’s bed trying to keep her balance and her best efforts to not spill any of the contents and the foods that were placed on the tray.

"Okay mommy!" Dinky pretended to yawn, she stretched her arms and turned around to look at her hard-working mother and watched her as she walked over to her bed still carrying the food in her hands.

"So you want the milk or the muffin first?" Derpy managed to make her way to the other side of the bedroom without spilling any food or drink, which was a personal achievement for her. She turned herself around and sat down on the edge of her daughter’s bed and placed the tray full of food on her lap. Dinky kicked her blankets off of her and crawled across her bed next to her mother looking at the delicious muffins that her mother made.

Dinky raised her hand and put one of her fingers to her mouth and tried to think. "I'll have the... milk!" She squeaked. She reached out, grabbed the cold glass full of milk, sat back, and drank the entire cup of milk in just a few seconds, Derpy watched in awe as her daughter instantly drank the milk faster than anything she has ever seen.

"Careful Dinky, you might hurt yourself if you drink too fast." Derpy scolded her daughter.

"Sorry mommy..." Dinky loudly breathed in and out after feeling a slight chest pain; she put her hand on her chest and began to close her eyes, ignoring the sudden pain in her chest.

"Does your chest hurt muffin?" Derpy said; she began to rummage through the bowlful of microwave muffins and began to find the biggest one for her daughter.

"Yeah..." Dinky strained. She slowly breathed in and out once again to try and calm the pain inside of her.

"Don't worry; the pain will go away in a minute. Don't you worry." Derpy smiled, even though her daughter couldn't see it. Derpy reached out and put her hand on Dinky's arm and began to rub it.

"Mommy, can I ask you something?" Dinky opened her eyes; she had gotten rid of the pain and she looked up at her mother who was busy stuffing her face with one of the muffins that she had brought up.

"What is it?" Derpy muffled, various chunks and pieces of chewed up muffin came out of her mouth since she was speaking with her mouth full.

"What would you do if we found a poor animal?" Dinky asked her mother.

Derpy paused for a few seconds so she could finish the muffin that she had in her mouth and managed to swallow it. She opened her mouth and breathed in.

"Depends." Derpy put her hand to her chin and rubbed it from side to side. "What kind of animal?" She added.

"Dunno, I was just asking." Dinky gave off a small innocent smile.

"I don't think Carrot Top likes animals, ever since Fluttershy's rabbit ate some of her carrots from the house garden." Derpy rubbed her chin even more, trying to remember the incident with Fluttershy's rabbit.

"Bummer..." Dinky's smile lowered a little bit. "So mommy... when are you going to bed?" Dinky politely asked her mother.

"I might go to bed in a minute... or later... but there is something on TV I wanna watch... I don't know..." Derpy scratched her head in confusion.

"Is it okay if I go back to bed now? I feel better already." Dinky smiled at her mother.

Derpy picked up another muffin out of the bowl and stuffed it in her face; she began to chew on the microwave muffin.

"Sure my little muffin." Derpy muffled.

"Goodnight mommy." Dinky smiled, she got up and crawled over to her mom and started to wrap her arms around her mother’s chest and began to hug her as tight as she could.

"Does your pull-up need changing?" Derpy swallowed what was left of the muffin and hugged her daughter back; she patted her behind resulting in a slight crinkling sound.

"N-no... I'm okay mommy..." Dinky blushed, feeling a strange surge of heat pass through her chest. She landed on her backside and used her t-shirt to cover up her plain white pull-up.

"Okay, don't forget. The pull-ups are in the undies drawer if you need to use another one." Derpy informed her daughter. She took hold of the food tray and picked it up.

"Oh, Mommy... could I have a muffin?" Dinky reached out for her mother.

"Sure." Derpy nodded, she dipped her hand into the bowlful of muffins and picked up a large plain muffin with a giant chocolate chip on the top of it and chucked it at Dinky, who gracefully grabbed it mid-air and put it down next to her pillow.

"Thank you mommy." Dinky smiled at her mother, who in return gave another smile back.

"Now don't be up too late, Carrot Top says that we need to help her with her carrot garden in the morning." Derpy gave off a small salute to her daughter and began making her way to the bedroom door, Dinky approvingly watched as her mother opened the door with her foot as it was left slightly open and she walked out.

Dinky leaned back up in her bed to hear her mother’s small footsteps getting quieter and quieter as she went down the corridor with her food tray. After a certain amount of time, Dinky couldn't hear her mother’s footsteps anymore and it was the perfect time to get back up and continue her business with the horse in her closet.

She immediately grabbed the muffin that her mother had given her and rose up from her bed and crawled to the edge of her bed; she then dropped down to the ground and stood up and walked over to the closet door, knowing that she stuffed the horse in her closet and it would have at least made some noise by now. She quickly grabbed hold of the door handle and quickly opened it.

The light in her room quickly made its way into her closet and she began to look around to the closet to check if the horse was still around, she saw the gray horse lying down next to a cardboard box in the corner of her closet. Ditzy looked up and squinted at the child as the light penetrated her eyes; Dinky smiled with her muffin in hand.

"Sorry about that horsey, do you want a muffin?" Dinky apologized; she walked into the closet and reached out for the gray mare with her left hand.

Ditzy nodded up and down, she looked very excited at the sudden word "muffin" Ditzy quickly stood up and walked over to Dinky; the mare’s tongue drooped out of her mouth and it lolled up and down as if she was a dog.

"You look very happy." Dinky giggled at the mare, she couldn't help but giggle at the large smile that the horse was giving off.

Dinky leaned forward with the muffin in hand and put it in front of Ditzy's mouth. The mare opened her mouth and leaned her head forward to take the muffin away from the child, and she began to chew on its soft surface and the chocolate chips that were deep inside of it.

"You're like my mommy, she likes muffins." Dinky smiled, she put her hand on Ditzy's head and started to dig her fingers into her mane and softly stroke it up and down.

Ditzy looked up at the child, small pieces of muffin were falling out of her mouth as she chewed on them. Dinky gave a small smile to Ditzy and she tried smiling back to her. Only to find that more pieces of muffin had fallen out of her mouth.

"Let's get out of this closet." Dinky whispered to Ditzy, the mare nodded up and down in agreement.

Dinky and Ditzy quickly moved out of the little closet, Ditzy stretched each of her legs out wide one at a time to ease the pain in her legs. Dinky ran up to her bed and climbed back onto her blanket, she put her hands on her lap and started to tap them.

"Ditzy..." Dinky said.

Ditzy turned her head to look at the human child sitting on the bed.

"Where is Scootaloo?" Dinky tapped her lap once more with her hands, Ditzy moved closer to Dinky at the sound of the tapping of her lap.

Ditzy stopped in her tracks; she looked at the floor and then turned around and raised her head up to look at Dinky's bedroom door that was open with a slight crack of light coming through it.

"You want me to follow you?" Dinky jumped off her bed and stood upright, she walked over to the bedroom door and closed it before Ditzy could walk out. Ditzy looked up unimpressed at what the child just did, her expression still had a smile but she looked unhappy about what Dinky just did.

Ditzy turned her head and looked at Dinky's little legs and had an idea, she began to move towards Dinky and before the child could even respond Ditzy quickly turned around and stood behind Dinky herself.

"What are you doing?" Dinky asked the gray mare.

Ditzy immediately lowered herself to a crouching position and moved forward under Dinky's little pale legs; she stood directly underneath the human child and began to use her strength to pick her up. Slowly but surely, Ditzy used her strength to pick up the child and managed to get up on all fours with the human on top. Dinky didn't speak; she knew what Ditzy was doing and she understood why.

"Are you going to take me to Scootaloo?" Dinky quickly grabbed onto Ditzy's mane and began to steady herself so that she wouldn't fall backwards and hurt herself.

Ditzy turned her head the best she could and nodded to the child.

To be continued...

Proof-Read by SuperNova708.