• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 5,480 Views, 186 Comments

Familiar Faces - GlitchyProductions



Follow the adventures of Dinky Doo as she encounters a pony that bears a strange resembelence to her caring and clumsy mother. [Pony in Humanized Equestria]

  • ...
9
 186
 5,480

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: The Late Hours

Proof-Read by SuperNova708

"So what's the plan? Are we going to split up or something?" Lyra nudged at Bon-Bon's back, putting her arms through her coat and locking the zipper on the front and pulling it up to the top. She wore a thick green hoodie with the image of a harp with a musical note in the background. Lyra pulled onto the strings coming out of the collar and tightened up her hood as she placed it on her head.

"I suggest we all split up." Bon-Bon said to the whole group as they prepared to leave the house.

"Into groups?" Lyra asked Bon-Bon with a common question.

"Each of us split up on our own and spread out across town; I'll search around the Marketplace with Derpy while you go to the town square and look for her." Bon-Bon explained her plan to her wife.

"What about the angry ginger over there?" Lyra referenced Carrot Top to Bon-Bon.

"I will tell her to search the main street and look around buildings like the Sugarcube Corner and the Farm at the top of the hill." Bon-Bon added, slightly chucking at Lyra's reference to Carrot Top.

"Will we regroup?" Lyra also asked.

"Let me explain what is going on to Carrot Top and Derpy and I will tell everyone where we shall meet up. Also, are you sure, you are going to be warm? That maid outfit doesn't really appeal to keeping your legs warm." Bon-Bon looked down at Lyra's skinny and pale white legs, concerned for her partner's well-being.

"I'll be alright, I'm sure you would have done the same thing." Lyra giggled.

"Maybe you should have put on some thick stockings or something... I'm not as good as the woman at the Fashion Boutique when it comes to well... knowing anything about fashion and clothing, but I do know you'll end up with some cold legs." Bon-Bon warned her partner.

"Don't sweat it Bon-Bon. After this is all over, you can rub them for me when we get back to bed." Lyra put her hand on Bon-Bon's chest, giving her a small and quick kiss on the cheek to alleviate the small worry about her own legs.

Bon-Bon began to blush a little, knowing that Derpy and Carrot Top were watching them put their coats on. However, obviously, Derpy did not know what to make of them kissing; Carrot Top would call it revolting as usual. Bon-Bon finished kissing Lyra back and she turned around to her houseguests, she saw that Carrot Top had taken her place on the couch and sat down next to Derpy. Derpy on the other hand had placed her head on Carrot Top's shoulders and crossed her own arms, still sniffling and quietly crying to herself.

"Alright Carrot Top... Derpy... Me and Lyra have made a little plan." Bon-Bon announced herself to Carrot Top and Derpy, both of them turned their attention to Bon-Bon and waited for her to speak out and tell the plan.

"We are going to split up and cover more ground to look for Dinky. If we all split up and go into different parts of town, we might be able to find her quicker and the whole problem will be over, so to say," Bon-Bon began to explain her plan to Carrot Top and Derpy.

"So... who is going with who?" Carrot Top impatiently asked Bon-Bon.

"Me and Derpy will go to the marketplace to search around the stalls, Lyra is going to the town square to look for her and you can search for Dinky around buildings like the Sugarcube Corner and the Fashion Boutique."

"Excuse me, wait... why is Derpy going with you? Shouldn't Derpy come with me? She lives in my house; she should have the right to come with me," Carrot Top immediately responded to Bon-Bon in a negative manner, very angry and displeased with the unexpected plan.

"Oh... just shut it ginger. We need to find Dinky and that's that!" Lyra butted in by peeping over Bon-Bon's left shoulder.

"Fine." Carrot Top scoffed, placing her hand on her face trying to groan as loud as possible to show signs of irritation.

Derpy immediately got up from the couch and walked over to Bon-Bon and Lyra; she tried her best to wrap her arms around both of them and hugged both of them tightly.

"Thank you Bon-Bon and Lyra! I love you both, you're really good friends!" Derpy shouted out in joy, she could not wait to find her child and hug her once again.

"It's alright Derpy, we will find Dinky." Bon-Bon smiled, she patted Derpy on the back of her head in a lovingly manner.

"Oh please..." Carrot Top rolled her eyes and groaned at the scene.

"Let's just go and look for her... wait... Bon-Bon, you didn't talk about where we would meet up." Lyra choked on her words as Derpy hugged her rather tightly, reminding Bon-Bon of what she did not include in her plan.

"Oh yes... please let go Derpy." Bon-Bon tapped Derpy on the back, telling her to let go of her and Lyra. Derpy lowered her grip on her friends and fully let go of them, allowing Bon-Bon to speak.

"Oh yes, after ten minutes of looking around at the places we were told to... let's all reunite at the park and then all together look at the park." Bon-Bon announced her plan to Carrot Top and the Derpy.

"Why the park?" Carrot Top questioned.

"I think to my knowledge of Dinky, it's the last place that I think she would go to if she was able to walk around town on her own. I don't think she would stray away so far from home like that."

"Heh, you do not know anything about Dinky. She loves parks, why don't we go there first?" Carrot Top butting in to Bon-Bon's explanation.

"I'm sorry... what? You know more about Dinky more than her own mother does. How the heck is that possible?" Lyra finally butted in the conversation and peeped her head over Bon-Bon's shoulder to speak.

"I have ta-" Carrot Top began to speak, only to be butted in by Lyra once more, she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"You haven't taken her anywhere... we do more for Dinky more than you ever could!" Lyra playfully shouted at Carrot Top.

"And what did you do for Dinky?" Carrot Top scoffed.

"Remember we set up her 7th Birthday at the Sugarcube Corner? On the other hand... that time when we took her to Canterbury to watch the Royal Parade to see the Princesses and the Royal Army. Hey... even that time we took her to the Museum and even Cheerilee came along, AND you don't seem to like her as well!" Lyra laughed at loud, she knew that she won this argument, plain and simple.

Carrot Top paused for a moment, she knew that Lyra had won this argument. She loudly sighed at the three people in front of her; she put her hand up to her face and began to rub her face.

"Let's just go and find Dinky... I need a drink..." Carrot Top moaned.


"You know my mommy is a really nice person Ditzy, she likes to bake muffins and deliver mail to all of the people around town. Everyone thinks she is crazy because of her eyes, but I think she is smart. She knows when I should go to bed and when I am supposed to have dinner, I love her very much... oh; she has some friends called Lyra and Bon-Bon... I don't like them very much, they are weird, they are both girls and they love each other. At home, Miss Carrot Top told me that boys and girls are supposed to love each other, but Lyra and Bon-Bon are both girls... it's really weird and she doesn't like it..." Dinky happily explained her daily life and friends to the gray mare; Ditzy was more than happy to listen to the child talk about her life and how interesting it was.

Both Ditzy and Dinky were getting closer to the park, Dinky was still sitting on top of Ditzy and she kept herself upright so that she did not fall off. The child had a small handful of jelly babies, she regularly slipped a jelly baby into the mare's mouth, her own mouth when she had the chance, Ditzy enjoyed being fed by the child, and it was more of a small incentive to keep on moving to the park.

"I have a friend at my school called Pipsqueak, he is a boy. And he likes pretending to be a pirate when he gets home, he told me that he explored all of the seas in the land and he had a fight with a giant evil octopus called "Merrick"... I don't know what a Merrick is, but I thought it was a cool name. We play together at school during playtime and he likes pretending to use a cardboard box to make a pirate ship. He's really cool and he likes coming over my house to play." Dinky explained more about her life and her friends to the gray mare, still being carried by Ditzy who was still happily listening to Dinky and her ways of life in Rumsville.

"Maybe we could go and see him tomorrow and we could play together..." Dinky gasped, she came up with a brilliant idea that involved her, Ditzy and even Pipsqueak to play together resulting in a massive adventure full of fun.

Ditzy was fed another jelly baby and she began to spawn a small smile, nearly having reached a small split in the cobblestone road, Ditzy had to think for a minute, she looked down the path and saw that the cobblestone path split up into a fork shape, but in the middle of the shape was a tall metal post sticking out of the ground with a sign post attached onto the side of it. Large letters and arrows pointed to different directions, and yet Ditzy needed to know which way to the park was the right way.

"Is that a sign?" Dinky asked the mare she was riding.

Ditzy did not respond; she tried to look up to see what the sign tried to say, she was not tall enough to see what the sign said. It was too high for a short mare like Ditzy and she was not used to the way that the people of this town do things differently compared to her town.

"Do you want me to read it for you?" Dinky suggested to Ditzy, the mare turned her head around to look at the child and slowly nodded up and down telling Dinky to read out what the sign said.

"Uh... okay... I can read pretty good... uhh..." Dinky looked up to the sign and squinted her eyes to try to get a better view of what the sigh had said.

"G-g-go... l-le-lef-left... t-to wa-wah-water... m-mi-ill-mill!"

"Aha! Go left to the Water Mill!" Dinky shouted out, she felt like a light bulb was about to pop out of the top of her own head to give her some praise. Ditzy turned her head around and gave off a small smile for the child, silently praising her for what she had just done.

"Uh... the next one..." Dinky raised her arm and scratched her head in slight confusion for what the other direction had written; she looked up again and began to read out what the other side of the sign had.

G-g-go... ri-r-right... t-to th-the p-par-park."

"Aha! Go right to the park!" Dinky shouted out once again, in amazement of her unbelievable reading skills Ditzy turned around and gave another smile for Dinky to praise on.

"Thank you Ditzy, you're really helpful!" Dinky wrapped her arms around the mare's arms and hugged Ditzy rather tightly.

Ditzy knew where she had to go now, Dinky had read the signpost and now she had the directions and the information to manage to get to the park without any trouble. They were so close to reaching Scootaloo and the other horses in the shacks at the park, Dinky was excited, and she could not wait to feed Scootaloo with another baby bottle filled to the top with sweet milk. She also wanted the chance to see Luna and Fluttershy so that she could be good friends with them and get to know them better.

Ditzy started to get back on track as they pulled her weight with Dinky on top to travel down the cobblestone path which had the sign pointing down to the direction of the park, she went down the fork path that lead to the park and she continued her journey.


Bon-Bon was the first to exit the house, then Lyra, then Derpy and last Carrot Top. Bon-Bon waited for Carrot Top to leave the house and used her house keys to close and lock the door so that no one was able to break in and steal anything. Leaving Lyra, Derpy and Carrot Top standing there on the cobble stone path waiting for Bon-Bon to finish with what she was doing.

"Okay so... let's all split up..." Bon-Bon finally started the search.

"I'll go to the Town Square... hey... I could knock on Berry Punch and Cheerilee's homes and ask them to help out." Lyra realized a certain idea to add in more people to the search, her face beamed with genius.

"That might not be such a bad idea, but I don't think knocking for Cheerilee would be such a good idea. She is going to Canterbury tomorrow to study something at the University, teacher training if I recall." Bon-Bon interrupted and told what is wrong with calling Cheerilee.

"C'mon, I think looking for a missing child is more important than stupid lessons at a big dumb school." Lyra shrugged, raising her voice loudly.

"You can call for her, but I don't think she might help." Bon-Bon gave in, allowing Lyra to call for Cheerilee.

"Gotcha!" Lyra walked up to Bon-Bon and gave her another quick kiss on the cheek, Bon-Bon replied back by giving off another quick kiss on the cheek before Lyra left to walk over to the town square. Lyra turned around and walked down the pathway towards Town Square, Bon-Bon turned around to see that Derpy had crossed her arms and was nervously shivering because of the cold weather. Carrot Top had just crossed her arms and sighed at the sight before her eyes.

"I-it's r-really c-cold Bon-Bon..." Derpy shivered, walking over to Bon-Bon and wrapped her arms around her chest, trying to keep warm.

"Okay, Carrot Top. Please walk around Middle Street and try and find Dinky, remember: we are going to meet up at the park in ten minutes." Bon-Bon put her hands on Derpy's back and patted her on the back like a child; Carrot Top silently nodded and walked off all by herself in a different direction towards the Sugarcube Corner.

"Now, Derpy... we're going to walk together to the marketplace to try and find Dinky. Please hold my hand and we'll walk down to the marketplace, I'll even open up my candy stall and get something for you if you like." Bon-Bon watched Carrot Top walk down the road, when she thought that she was out of ear range, she began to calmly talk to Derpy like a child, and she reached out her hand and placed it on Derpy's.

"Oh... umm... okay..." Derpy nodded up and down, she gripped tightly onto Bon-Bon's soft hand and let her take her to the marketplace.

The search had finally begun.

To be continued...