• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 827 Views, 29 Comments

Abstract Helps Kyo Date Gilda - AbstractThought



When Kyo Kusagani has a chance to meet Gilda, he'll need Abstract Thought's help to find her and score a date with her. Can Kyo win her heart, or will he crash and burn?

  • ...
16
 29
 827

Chapter 2-Kyo Kusagani: Gilda's Biggest Fan

Oh, is it my turn now? Hey, whoever’s reading this! It’s your old pal Kyo! My buddy Abstract’s introduced me already, so there’s not a whole lot to tell that he hasn’t. There is one big thing he hasn’t gotten to yet: the love of my life, Gilda the Griffon, a.k.a. the coolest creature in existence.

I can remember every detail of the day I first met her. I was invited along with the rest of Ponyville to a party the local party pony Pinkie Pie was throwing for Gilda. I had no idea who this “Gilda” chick was at the time, but I figured, hey, free party, why not? That’s the great thing about having a pony like Pinkie around: she’s willing to throw parties for any reason at all. Anyway, I was at the food table stuffing my face when I saw the most amazing creature I had ever seen in my life: an eagle-headed lion with wings that had an awesome hairstyle and purple flame-things around her eyes. What’s more, she had this incredible too-cool-to-care attitude that really caught my heart. I just stood there for a few minutes, staring, uncertain if what I was seeing was real. Eventually, she roared and called out the ponies for being total lame-os, and after arguing with the local daredevil Rainbow Dash she stormed out.

I was smitten. Never before had I seen a creature with such attitude, and it really clicked with me. I had always thought the ponies were a little too sweet for my tastes, which is why I didn’t associate with many ponies apart from Abstract. So when this non-pony raged and deemed the ponies too lame for her, I felt this special connection, like finally, someone in this world feels the same way I do! I knew then that she was “the one” and I had to get to know her. After standing in awe for a few more seconds, I snapped to action and rushed out the door after her, shouting, “Wait! I’m your biggest fan! COME BACK!”

But it was too late. She was gone.

Ever since that fateful day, I’ve been searching for my beloved Gilda and any info I could get on her. So far, I’ve found out that she used to be best friends with Rainbow Dash, she had gone to Junior Speedsters camp with her, she was a real troublemaker (just my type), and she was originally from a country outside of Equestria. However, she turned out to be more elusive than I had imagined. No one knew where she was, and the few who had seen her at some point weren’t interested in finding out. She had no other friends that I could find, and I couldn’t find any trace of her family in Equestria. I had been about ready to visit the Griffon Empire and try my luck there when, about two years after I had first seen her, our paths finally crossed again. Well, sort of.

I was in my house when I happened to glance out my window and see the griffon of my dreams flying in the distance with the recently crowned Princess Twilight Sparkle, with another pony in a wizard’s hat and cape running after her. My curiosity burned like my stomach after eating too much spicy food, but as luck would have it, I had done just that, and I was in the bathroom at the time, feeling the burn, both from what I had eaten and from not being able to pursue my beloved. There was at least one silver lining: a solid lead. Once I was up to it, I could just find out from Princess Twilight where she had gone with Gilda and where I could find her, and I could be by her side at last!

If only I had the courage to actually talk to Princess Twilight.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think she’s secretly evil or anything like some of the crazy conspiracy nuts do. It’s just that I tend to get all stage-frighty whenever I’m in front of somepony important like, say, a princess or a game developer. So I spent the rest of the day and the next morning practicing my gaming skills to try and calm my anxiety. Too bad my skills were kinda off that day, so it didn’t help much. Once Abstract dropped by that afternoon, though, I felt a lot better, cause I had somepony that could help me out and do what I couldn’t do, like his awesome thought cloud superpower. I don’t care what Abstract says, it’s a superpower!

So after I told Abstract about my second sighting of Gilda, I finished with, “So yeah, not exactly how I wanted to see Gilda again, but who cares? I know how I can find her now! We just need to ask Princess Twilight!” I then gave a pleading look to him and asked sweetly, “Could you do it for me?”

“Me?” he responded in surprise, “Why me?”

“Come on, you know I can’t talk to royalty!” I replied anxiously, “Remember when Celestia visited Ponyville for that tea party? She asked me where the restroom was and I tried to tell her, but my brain froze and I lost my cool and all I could do was stutter ‘daadabubadoo’! That’s not a location, that’s a cartoon catch phrase! I can’t afford to make a fool out of myself in front of the princess that knows where I can find the love of my life! I need a wingman to act as my go-between, even if he doesn’t have any actual wings! Pleeeeeeeeease?”

“Okay, okay!” Abstract relented, his hooves raised placatingly, “I’ll go talk to her and see if she knows anything.”

“Woo!” I cheered, giving him a hug, “You’re the best, Abstract!”

“No prob, Kyo,” he said with a smile. I let him go and he got up from the couch, saying, “Well, wish me luck!”

“Wait!” I interjected, “One more thing.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Could you make an image of me making out with Gilda one more time?” I asked with an embarrassed smile on my face.

He sighed and said teasingly, “Alright, you horny featherbrain.” He lit up his horn and a thought cloud formed that had within it my favorite image of me and Gilda holding each other tightly, my lips and her beak joined together in a…party of…kissing? Eh, I dunno where I was going with that metaphor. Anyway, one of the great perks about having Abstract as a friend is that I can have him play almost any sort of movie I want. Of course, he’s limited by his imagination; it still looks a little awkward the way he imagines the mouth-to-beak kissing. Also, he refuses to use his power to imagine anything X-Rated: nothing beyond kissing for me. Still, he’s willing to let me enjoy my Gilda-related fantasies, something most ponies would probably find annoying and/or creepy. But Abstract understands, and that’s why he rocks.

Oh, there’s one thing I want to say before I continue. Ponies have been confused by what my cutie mark is supposed to be, so I’d like to set the record straight. The symbol on my flank is the Neighponese symbol for “Eastern”, which represents my love of their culture. Someday I hope to get enough money to be able to go abroad and visit Neighpon and get to see the culture up close. Theoretically, I could just visit it now cause I can fly and stuff, but I’d still need money to be able to buy what I want and need and experience things, plus I’m not good with long-distance flying.

But enough about that. Soon, I would get the chance to meet the griffon of my dreams that I had Abstract illustrate countless times and make them a reality!

End of Part 2

Author's Note:

I'm planning on switching perspectives every chapter, with Abstract narrating the odd chapters and Kyo narrating the even chapters. The Kyo chapters will have blue text to make them easier to distinguish. Hope you don't mind!
Just to be clear, I'm writing for both characters, but the Kyo parts have my friend's full approval.
Also, here's a pic of Kyo that shows his cutie mark: http://circuitsense.deviantart.com/art/Art-Request-KyoKusagani1999-Massage-363208039
Again, thanks for reading!