• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 1,460 Views, 97 Comments

To be a Wonderbolt: Family and Friends - Diablomuerte2



A sequel to the riveting dramatic story of To be a Wonderbolt. Rainbow Dash is now back in Ponyville as they rebuild their homes and lives. Not all can be fixed and not all hardships can be overcome without sacrifice.

  • ...
11
 97
 1,460

Identity Crisis

Identity Crisis

The sun was staring down at the world brightening the subjects of it's mover. Ponyville train station was lit up by the sun as the ponies who were planning a get away were prepared to board a private train. the reason was a vacation of sorts. Not just a regular vacation as only ponies were going to be leaving Ponyville for a weekend retreat.

Scootaloo ensured her parents that she would be fine without them for a weekend. The over worrying timid mother was reluctant to leave her daughter in the care of the farm stallion who agreed to watch the Cutie Mark Crusaders for the weekend.
Applebloom and Sweetie Belle were happy they all could be together for a weekend basically unsupervised since Big Mac was going to be busy with other chores and tasks. They waved off for ponies who desperately needed to have a get away.

Fluttershy wasn't too happy about leaving Scootaloo behind but she insisted on staying behind to be with her friends. At least that is the story she came up with when refusing to join her family for a weekend together away from Ponyville and the rapid increasing paparazzi and fans. She was still worried about what Scootaloo had gathered from their talk. It wasn't as if the little filly was ready to handle such a revelation. Someone should be there to guide her.

Rainbow Dash was shocked that Scoots didn't want to spend time with her. She knew that the little filly was some what capable of flying at low heights and decent speed. She wasn't sure what Scootaloo was up to but she wasn't too worried since the filly could handle herself if anything came up. After all she was the one who broke... No Rainbow Dash don't think about that... this vacation is to relax and spend some time with my lover.. it was a family trip and some how it turned into a couples retreat... though the other couple joining us are awkward about their relationship. Well power to Applejack for putting up with such a drama queen.

Rarity, the drama queen, was over packed as usual she had a nice little dress on to wear on her trip. She had two reasons for going on this retreat. One it was for her to spend time with her new found lover. The second reason was to do some business abroad since she was now on demand. She was going to try and divide time between her lover and her job. It was dangerous territory doing so since that meant Applejack would be alone and Rarity was unsure if some stallion would come sweep the farm mare off her feet. Even that muscular farm goddess thinks she is ugly the foal in her stomach suggests otherwise. Maybe stallions may not want to be with her but they obviously want to rut her. She isn't meant to be rutted by anyone but me now... stupid job. Stupid bits.. But my work is getting ever so popular and Photo Finish is eating her words right now. I wonder if I could get Fluttershy to model my new ensembles for me. Rainbow Dash might not like the idea of cameras around... stupid famous mare.

Applejack was just going to enjoy her weekend away from Big Mac and his anti filly fooler nonsense. He was adamant about the farm mare breaking up with the fashionista and that just wasn't going to happen. He was acting like a foal because the mares he desired were taken by other mares. That dangum fool has Cheerilee eating out o' his hooves and he upset about me bein' all involved with Rarity? At least he got his act together and stopped being such a foal when we needed him. I jus' know he runnin' out o' time with Cheerilee if he want them foals of his to even become somewhat a possibility.

Big Mac himself was watching his sister and her... lover leave. He was at first very against the idea of them two being together for multiple reasons. He didn't like the fact his sister took his crush away regardless of how it came to be. The second reason is because the Apple clan have been taught by old timers who were raised against the idea of filly-foolers and colt-cuddlers. His third and last reason was because he didn't trust Rarity to not take off into the sunset if fame came a calling. Though he saw something recently that made him change his mood and start to let love be love.

____________________________________________________________

Flashback

Big Mac was done working for the day and decided to go inside the house to get something to eat. His target was some dinner. He was expecting Applejack to cook since he was still doing his chores and helping the new workers learn the proper bucking method. He was shocked to find dinner wasn't cooked and sounds coming from up stairs.

He was ready to holler at them for a good minute and possibly suggest that Rarity leave so the farm mare could get back to her chores. He wasn't a sexist but chores are chores and they all decided on which ones each member would do to keep the house as smooth going as the farm. He heard soft moaning noises and realized they were probably rutting... of all times to be rutting.. what if Applebloom was here.. them mares are out of control.

When he approached the room he noticed something different going on. It wasn't sexual at all. Rarity was gently massaging his sister's belly as Applejack cried in pain. The foal was acting up inside her womb and causing a fuss. It seemed the elegant mare was just helping his sister to endure it by being there for her... I can't hate on this... I can't even be against this... this is love, regardless if it's against the natural order... this isn't something I can very well be against..

He had a soft smile on his face as he left just as quiet as he approached. He was glad he didn't stampede up there possibly causing some potential harm to his sister from panic. He was just going to go eat elsewhere. Cheerilee did offer me a spot at her table anytime... I think I will cash it in now. he sniffed himself and decided a shower was in order.

____________________________________________________________

As the train started leaving a silent member of the crowd sending off the couples was Pinkamena. She was constantly being asked by twilight to allow her to be examined. She knew that could only mean that Twilight has found a way to make Pinkie Pie the mind controlling the body they shared. She wasn't as gullible as the happier persona. She wouldn't let any pony do anything to her against her will... Except Dashie... I would let her do anything to me... even if it was out of hate. I would let her cut me open and rip out my heart if it meant she was ultimately happy... I wish there was two of her so I could keep one all to myself. I would do such vile things to her. I would make her feel so much pleasure, and intense pain. I would be her goddess and her mistress all rolled into one fine package. My body is slowly becoming thinner and I am going to be getting my form sleek. If only Fluttershy were to die so Dashie could feel all alone... No wait I can't think that... She is my friend too. I need to relax. They are going to be gone this weekend. That means I can find some other pony to be with or obsess over. If only Pinkie wasn't so attached to Dash... Gah... stupid sexy Dashie.

Twilight, who wasn't allowed to bring Flash along, found herself wanting to go to the trip too. She would enjoy a weekend get away. Since it was Rainbow Dash paying for the whole affair with her recent earnings from the latest show she did before the Lightning Dust debacle, she wasn't allowed to go if she was bringing the annoying royal guard along. She was bummed that Rainbow Dash and Flash didn't get along. It wasn't Flash who was having the initial problem it was Rainbow Dash. She was being stubborn and not even giving him a chance. She would have to question her some time when she returned. Since she was gone that means Pinkamena would be alone ... no one to protect her from Twilight's task. The princess had warned her that something was wrong with the Element of Laughter and to investigate the problem.

The problem seemed to be that Pinkie Pie was trapped in her own body locked inside a cage in her mind. Twilight had no idea about it but she knew something was wrong. She had used the rejection of her being allowed to go along with Flash to utilize the time and entrap the pink pony. She was making a choice for Equestria's sake. Regardless of how the pink pony felt it was not her choice. Equestria comes first. So with a plan in mind she was going to need Flash Sentries help. With Rainbow gone and no one strong enough to out muscle Flash Sentry besides the already busy Big Mac. She could force out the old Pinkie and get rid of Pinkamena.

The train started moving out of sight and all the ponies started splitting up. Pinkamena was going to the park to enjoy some time off. She had one day off and wanted to spend it with Dash she planned it ahead but unfortunately the Lightning Dust debacle caused Dash some mental strain so her 'wife' took care of her. Oh Dashie I just wish it was me your heart desired. I would make you feel so amazing. I would lick your body even if it wasn't bathed. I would let you do anything to me... but alas Pinkie was too much of a coward to let you know what you truly meant to her. Since I have to accept I can't have you I will just need something new to make me smile. Before stupid princess useless decides I need to go. Something tells me she is going to try to use this time to make her move. I will just have to be one step ahead of her.

Scootaloo and the girls were going crusading for the day. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle were really excited but Scootaloo had another reason she declined her parents invite to spend the weekend away. She wanted to find out her sexual preference alone. She would feel awkward having to talk to Momma-Dash about it since the talk with her mother Fluttershy didn't go so well. It was awkward.

____________________________________________________________

Flashback

Scootaloo had a red face as her mother explained all about the birds and the bees. While it was all informative it wasn't answering her questions so she reiterated. "Mom.. while I won't be able to unlearn what you just taught me, it doesn't help me figure out if I am supposed to like fillies or colts so my question to you is... how can you tell that you were attracted to stallion if you are with Momma-Dash?" The question was like a conspiracy waiting to be unraveled.

Fluttershy blushed and pawed at the floor. "I ... I.... saw a... " she couldn't finish her sentence. It was so embarassing to be in this situation. She wanted to tell her daughter but the shame was eating her up. "I saw one in a magazine.... I was hitting puberty and I ... I had... I had hoofed myself to a stallion in raw form." she said out loud and hid her face in her bangs, her face crimson and she was slowly trying to work up the courage to look ahead of her. " You must hate me now... I am so shameful." She started tearing up.

Scootaloo groaned "Mom you know I don't hate you and will never hate you... I love you mom. I just wish it was easy to figure out without having to ... look at that. you know?" She said throwing her hands up in a shrug. The little filly wasn't feeling too easy with trying to get a look at a stallion's 'raw' form. It wasn't ideal nor was it going to be easy to attempt to aquire such an image at her age. It was just an uncomfortable thought.

"Alright mom I have better question... if you were into stallions then how come you and Momma-Dash are together instead?" she asked as if not understanding why Fluttershy who is clearly attracted to stallions is with her former idol turned mom.

Fluttershy had to make sure Rainbow Dash was asleep before answering. "Well... when I was a young filly.. as you know I was shy." she said as if it was something unheard of " So I was always weak and scared, colts would bully me and fillies would too just not as bad. Rainbow Dash... she saved me.. from them and their taunting. their aggressive approaches and even from unwanted attention. She was like my very own hero, knight in shining armor, and guardian all compressed into an amazing package." She was beaming, her face was lit and pure joy emitted from her face.

Scootaloo was understanding a bit. Dash was awesome to many people but to Fluttershy she was amazing... something beyond the normal scope of pony understanding. "So then... she was your true love since fillyhood?" She questioned while rhetorically so at this point.

The canary mare just smiled as she continued on as if ignoring her daughter. "She was always telling me to smile because it brightened her day. She would always spend time with me, help me learn to fly, and when truly alone from the world we would sing together.... her voice wasn't great but it was the best thing ever for me to hear her pour her soul into song. I was ... I was hers... nothing more could matter to me if I was around her. She made me feel worthwhile and loved. She did it without even knowing it. I think she and I were meant to be since we met. I loved her since the day she called me a friend. So yeah... if you must ask why I am with a mare instead of a stallion, it is because that when true love comes to surface, gender has no role in it." She said with her heart pounding from the sensation of the memories. She wanted to wake up her lover and spend some quality time together just because of the memories playing in her head. "So with that said Scootaloo I think I am going to wake up my knight in shining armor and let her know that I am happy we are together... I suggest you get some sleep young lady." She said softly before turning off the light and leaving the room.

Scootaloo was thinking about that conversation... So if love is stronger than sexuality what is the purpose of having one? She decided to forgo thinking and just sleep the night. She was pleasantly surprised she was able to go right to bed but the prospect of one day finding some special some pony and loving them regardless of their gender made her feel that maybe love wasn't such an awful thing. Though she also remembered she was just a kid and now knows about sex... her mind battled her body and soon sleep came over.

____________________________________________________________

Scootaloo was hungry. She knew the house was locked and the keys were all secured by Spitfire who was more than willing to check on the house to make sure no one broke in while the lovebirds were gone. She was staying in the base with Mistyfly and Soarin who decided to be a team for the next show. Since the routine was a simple one and they had no overtly dangerous stuns to co-ordinate they decided to just relax and keep their bodies in shape. So since Scootaloo was hungry she wanted to eat something sweet, She knew that Pinkamena wasn't working but she also knew Pinkamena liked her.

She wasn't sure why but Pinkamena actually got along with her out of all ponies. She was also getting along with Dash and some other ponies but most of the town's folks were not into the new persona. She was supposed to be some happy go lucky pony and yet the way they were treating her made Scootaloo not blame Pinkamena for not caring about her 'destiny' as life isn't just about doing what you are meant to do it was about living it as well.

She settled on going to the park in hopes to find Pinkamena. The other two crusaders decided to go to the farm for a snack. It was a perfect moment to be alone while searching for the usually lonely and dark looking pony. She wasn't liked much by most ponies which pissed Momma-Dash off. She didn't care if Pinkamena was who she was that was still her friend. Scootaloo decided the same thing to be true. No matter what if Pinkamena was really here to stay then she was going to be given a chance to be a friend.

She found Pinkamena sitting under a tree in the shade while reading a book. She was certain that Pinkie wouldn't read books in the park when she could be inventing some new treat or something and was glad the hyper pink pony wasn't around. She didn't dislike Pinkie Pie but she didn't exactly enjoy her company as much as other ponies did.

Pinkamena looked up when she heard some pony approach her and smiled softly. "Hey there Scootsie, you need something?" She asked in a some what passive tone. her usually tone was of monotone or anger and since passive worked just as good for Scootaloo it just meant she was happy.

Scootaloo's belly grumbled and she blushed lightly "I was hoping you would take a late order for your friend? I could really go for some delicious baked goods." She beamed a smile at Pinkamena.

Pinkamena liked the ambitious filly above all other fillies for two reasons. She was like Dash Jr and even if Pinkamena wasn't a foal-molester she was still happy to be around the little dash. The second reason is because unlike most ponies she was one of the first few willing to give her a chance and get to learn her new personality. Especially since I came bucking first. Stupid Pinkie Pie ... her fat ass is loved by this whole stinking town and since I can't really go elsewhere I have to be here and try to make others smile... smiling is gay anyways. I like being poker faced. Plus I make Scootaloo smile and I think that is enough for me. What is the quota of smiles per day I need to fill out for some stupid Element of Harmony to not start fizzling out on magic? "Alright Scoots but you have to pay the Pinkamena price for the special deal. Come on... give Pinkamena a hug." She said knowing it would bother Scootaloo to be giving out hugs to any pony besides her parents.

Scootaloo sighed and grumbled before giving the emotionally ambivalent pony a hug, the same pony that decided to rub her head. "There can we go before people start thinking I gone soft?" She asked. She wasn't against hugging in private but in public it was embarrassing for the tough mini dash.

The mare let the filly go and smiled "You know... I wish I could have a foal myself and have it turn out as awesome as you kiddo." She said in her non pinkie manner. She walked with Scootaloo to the bakery and hoped that no one else would want an order from the pink baker.

____________________________________________________________

Twilight was thinking about how to approach Pinkie Pie... Pinkamena whatever. She noticed someone fitting the description of the pink pony walking with a young dark orange filly with light purple hair. "Flash... get ready it's go time.. We are going to get my friend back." The passion in her voice and the intensity of her commitment of retreiving her friend from whatever nightmare she was in made Flash smile in delight. Spike on the other hand was unsure of this whole situation.

"What if you guys are just wrongfully ending the life of a pony who just seems to want to live?" He asked to see if Twilight understood how her choice would affect the pony they were trying to send away.

Flash interrupted Twilight before she could respond "Listen Spike... Equestria is in danger so Twilight has to make this tough choice... I am sure it isn't easy for her-" he was going to continue but Spike cut him off.

"Really? You aren't bucking serious are you? You know she saw the letter and decided already once meeting Pinkamena... it wasn't a thought out decision just decided 'Pinkamena must go and Pinkie is going to stay', did she even tell the other girls? I don't think so, I think she is going to do this without anyone's consent. I bet Celestia wouldn't have done this." He said spiting out the last part in disgust. "Well if you need me I am going to hang out with some morally ethical ponies and not be here with the two of you." He walked out leaving two stunned ponies.

____________________________________________________________

"Hey Scootaloo... I was wondering. Do you think I am better than Pinkie?" The forlorn and darker pony asked. "I mean if you had to choose between me and her, who would you rather have around?" She was against putting ponies on the spot but wanted to know how the filly really felt.

Scootaloo chuckled "Pinkamena.. you are Pinkie... at least my Momma-Dash says so. Just because you aren't 'superific' or hyper active doesn't mean you aren't the pony that she was friends with. To be honest I think I would like a mix of both ... it's unfair as an answer but I think if you both found an easy medium it would be nice. " She said honestly and as thoughtfully as she could while eating a cupcake. "Honestly though if it had to be made a choice between you two. I would choose you. Unlike Pinkie, you don't try to be friends with every pony. The thought is sweet but in reality it is a moot goal. Not every pony will like a certain pony." She finished the cupcake and smiled. "So I hope that answers your question... are you sure I can't pay you in bits?" she asked while eyeing the dull pink pony.

Pinkamena just smiled "Thanks Scoots, and no charge... you paid me enough with your words... for a filly you sure are insightful." She was smiling a bit and feeling like maybe things would be alright until she saw Twilight Sparkle and that loser guard who's name escaped her. Was it Pash Flanty? Brash Smantry... Something like that oh well.

Twilight looked around and noticed only one obstacle from her goal. " Hey Scootaloo can you wait outside while the grown ups talk?" She asked in a uneasy gentle tone as if something bad was about to break out.

Scootaloo wasn't going to obey commands from some princess of 'friendship' that just wasn't in her list of things to do this weekend. "Nah I rather stay here because I am hanging out with a friend." She said defiantly and even in a tone that suggested the Lavender mare could buck herself if she thought otherwise.

"Look kid... she is a princess you should obey her." Flash Sentry said angrily. He was appalled by such disrespect. He was taught royalty was to be respected at all times. He wasn't enjoying the filly's rudeness.

She just chuckled "She could be a dragon for all I care I am not leaving this shop it doesn't belong to her it belongs to Pinkamena and the Cakes. If Pinkamena wants me to go I shall go. I know you love bowing to royalty Flash Panty... but I am not some whiny, weak, pathetic, failure of a royal guard now am I?" She asked which shockingly earned her a punch to the face and was sent flying back.

Pinkamena rushed to her side and saw blood coming out her mouth. "What the buck is wrong with you... " She was going to charge at him but smiled instead "I just can't wait to let Rainbow know what you did. If you think anything I could do to you will be painful just wait till I tell the reckless and dangerous Wonderbolt that you attacked her daughter." She said threateningly.

Twilight was trying to process what the buck just happened. Scootaloo refused to go outside, then Flash sweetly defended my honor, Scootaloo gave him the business, Flash attacked Scootaloo... flash attacked a filly... That isn't like him... I don't care what she said that was wrong... Oh god... Rainbow is going to hate me... I have to fix this. "Wait... we don't have to tell Rainbow anything do we? I mean Flash is probably really sorry..." she wanted to say more but heard a spitting sound and an angry filly.

"What is wrong with you? You are seriously trying to calm me down and not tell my mother and Momma-Dash about this? You must be bucking kidding me... you try to come here and force Pinkamena to 'talk' with you and your failure guard... then you expect me to just forgive him after he hurt me?" She was crying the hit hurt but the lack of care the Lavender mare was giving off was worse. "I thought you were my parents' friend. The sad thing is I thought you were nice Twilight.." She said sadly and with a hint of disappointment.

Twilight yelled back "I am nice.... I just.. I am still me and I am still a good pony I am just doing what I have to do for Equestria... and Flash made a mistake it's nothing to get worked up about..." She said as if she meant it. The issue was that Twilight wasn't ready to face an angry Rainbow Dash. Magic is amazing but in combat it's worthless if you can't see or hit the target. Surely once the cyan mare hears about the incident bones would most likely be broken as retaliation.

Scootaloo laughed after spitting again in disgust "You are nice? You are the worst princess in all history. You tried forcing someone to be someone else just because it fits in your world. If Equestria was really in danger I am sure the four powerful Princesses could handle it... The wonderbolts and the Equestrian army as well. Not everything can be solved by six mares wearing magic jewelry... " She said with venom dripping at every syllable. "You think you are nice? You just tried protecting a stallion who hit a filly... how is that remotely nice? Because he is the one you love now? So because I love Pinkamena, as a friend, I should allow her to murder you and not report it right? Since after all I am just trying to be nice. Nice people protect abusive jerks who hits fillies? Your definition of nice is bucked up. " She was fuming. Just when Twilight had the gall to attempt any sort of verbal retaliation she was hit with a cannon in the form of a verbal trump card. "I might be a filly fooler... I might be into fillies and not colts... Should I be killed too Twilight? I am not a pony that fits in your world ... should I be eliminated since I might be into the wrong things? I might be the wrong Scootaloo? What if I was like Pinkamena? What if the real me was finally freed but she wasn't like the Scootaloo you love and care for? Would you then force me back because it doesn't suit your needs? Ponies aren't your play thing... now if you would be so kind as to buck off and leave us alone... I think it would best give you some place to hide before my parents return and you find your colt-friend missing limbs. " She said with finality.

Twilight the usually composed mare was astonished at the words that came from the filly. She saw Pinkamena's grin and Flash growing in anger. He looked as if he would strike again. "Come on Flash... we are going to the Crystal Empire... we will be safe there."

Flash looked upset but was more shocked than angry. "You are kidding right? You can't seriously fear that Wonderbolt that much can you?" He was brimming with anger, in no way should any Princess fear any of her subjects. "Listen you are here lets just do what you have to do, erase the filly's memory and be off... they won't be able to tell Dash and you won't have to hide out in the Crystal Empire... " He said as if the plan was just a normal day thing.

Twilight felt sick. She had not only realized what she was about to do but the reality of it turned her stomach. She was just trying to please Celestia by doing a task that was set out for the lavender mare to complete.., Why am I so desperate to please Celestia... it isn't like I want her back... I can't be with her... but Flash just hit Scootaloo... that isn't right... what should I do... I can wipe her mind but it could also wipe other memories.. and if I force Pinkie Pie back she would still tell Rainbow Dash... I bucked up. I can't be here.

____________________________________________________________

Twilight had gone to her tree house and started packing. She grabbed whatever she could and started yelling for spike. "Spike... Spike we have to go... I messed up today big time... We need to get out of Ponyville... right now!" She was frantic trying to get whatever she could and getting out of dodge.

Flash was grumpy "Listen you are royalty and I can protect you... why do you fear a subject of yours... surely an immortal like yourself has not to worry... it's not like you can die by regular means right? Isn't that why Celestia lives." He tried reasoning with his mare. He wanted her to feel safe with him around. He felt like a failure for not being able to make her feel protected. He knew he would have to be able to display he had what it takes.... maybe if I could beat the tar out of Rainbow Dash she won't be so celebrated... Twilight would feel safe if I could take out the Wonderbolt... I guess that is what I will have to do.. for my princess' sake. I will defeat you Rainbow Dash. We shall meet at the Crystal Empire... and when I defeat you I will have you banished from Equestria so you no longer become a problem to this land.

____________________________________________________________

Canterlot Castle was a grand place where nobles and lords of all kinds would beseech the princess of Equestria for an ear to be lent. Celestia was worried she could tell something was wrong. She had hoped that giving Twilight that task wasn't too daunting for the new princess. It seemed the Element of Magic was off and even worse she had read a letter that was disturbing her. She read on and it was detailing some sadistic plan to revert the party pony to her 'original' state. Spike had revealed the plan failed and Twilight fled to the Crystal Empire he wrote that he went to investigate why and found out that her royal guard had assaulted a young filly who was defending the pink mare. It was awful to read. She knew she had to do something as a princess. But as a pony with her own emotions and her own selfish desires that she could never act on in a normal capacity, she was hoping that Flash Sentry and Rainbow Dash would end up in combat. She could see it happen in her head. She would already know the outcome. While a royal guard is a powerful combatant nothing matches the pure destructive capabilities of a pony unable to destroy mountains and cities in one burst of speed.

" Kick his ass Rainbow Dash... " she said to no one in particular... it wasn't going to be fun knowing that Twilight would end up hurt as well. Maybe it would teach her a lesson in choosing her cohorts wisely and about not trying to force events into taking place. The rainbow haired warrior was going to crush the royal guard. After all being bad ass and able to take out any foe is part of being a Wonderbolt.

Author's Note:

Probably made many mistakes in this chapter with grammar or what not. Anyways.

Soon the reason for Rainbow's hatred of Flash will be revealed. Then a battle of two alpha pegasi shall take place. The intense drama will unfold but not next chapter.

Next chapter we follow FlutterDash and RariJack as they try having a peaceful vacation away. Life isn't easy for new relationships and also rising stars. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's problems lie with her fame and recognition. Wanting to just spend time with her soon to be wife she tries to find some alone time amidst the chaos and frenzy. Rarity must be cautious with her time and her mannerisms if she doesn't want to hurt the soon to be mother... the next chapter is about Commitment... enjoy.

Then after that Chapter it will be some epic Dash Vs Flash.