• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 1,460 Views, 97 Comments

To be a Wonderbolt: Family and Friends - Diablomuerte2



A sequel to the riveting dramatic story of To be a Wonderbolt. Rainbow Dash is now back in Ponyville as they rebuild their homes and lives. Not all can be fixed and not all hardships can be overcome without sacrifice.

  • ...
11
 97
 1,460

The Death of Pinkamena and the Birth of Appleseed

The Death of Pinkamena and the Birth of Appleseed

Hospitals, a building of changing fates, the beginning of lives and the end of them happen both here. Sometimes a life is saved and sometimes it is ended. Tragedy and miracles both stem from the same notion. Life is given or life is taken. Sometimes when we want things to change for the better it becomes worse. The life cycle is both vicious and necessary for things that are born also die.

Death is an inevitability. Nothing can alter the natural order even immortals die. Thus when a life is cut short tears are spilled faster. With new life comes death for in order for a new tree to be planted an old one must be taken away. Reality is an ever changing cycle of life and death.

Weeks since the wedding had passed and the land of Equestria is ready to welcome it's newest inhabitant. A farm mare screeches in pain and yells obscenities as she fights a battle against time to push an uncooperative foal out. The force of her pushes helps but the foal is not taking crap from anyone not even it's own mother. He is as stubborn as the mare who is bearing him.

The time passes by and a Unicorn had already fainted five times, after all she is the mother's marefriend and was going to be sort of a mother to the foal. She was as excited as the rest of the family and extended family. The entire apple clan came by to support Applejack and her foal Appleseed. They weren't sure about what the Unicorn was doing wearing a shirt that says "Congrat's your a mother.. of sorts" but they didn't pay no mind. They just were waiting to see if their new Apple member was healthy and fit.

Two pegasi are sitting by one nervous about her best friend being in labour and shouting "You can do it Applejack yeah!" Not understanding the concept of birth. She wasn't sure how birth played out still since she never asked but she figured it had to be intense for her friend to be screaming out loud. The shy one was chuckling at her wife's ignorance. It was cute to her and endearing how she cheered on a mare about to give birth as if it was some contest. "Rainbow... when our foal is ready to enter this world please don't cheer me on.. you will understand when you are in the room with me." She said while calming down her excited mare.

Big Mac was just pacing around and giving the nurses a an uneasy feeling. He was just pacing back and forth as if in deep thought. He was excited about the prospect of a new Apple but felt it was his duty as the oldest surviving member to bring forth a new generation himself. He was hoping he could convince Cheerilee to bear him a foal and make her an honest woman. He felt ashamed his sister was able to bring forth new life and he hasn't still. Still he was worried, the pregnancy hasn't been easy on the farm mare, she had been sluggish as of late and he was hoping she didn't die out on the table with her foal not knowing who his mother was. The relationship between his sister and the dramatic unicorn who had just woken up from her fifth exaggerated panic attack was rocky at best. He would hear their fights and just grumbled about them two stupid mares. He was not that excited about the fact the farm had expanded and that meant more work for all of them. Even with the new land the farm wasn't making that much from sells and expenses were wracking up. He begrudgingly had to admit the Unicorn was a blessing in disguise. She was able to help pay off any debts the farm had acquired with her new wealth. He still didn't approve of their relationship as much as he would normally if it was a mare and a stallion,

Twilight Sparkle was in the waiting room with her friends. She kept looking over at Pinkamena who seemed lifeless and wilted. She hadn't been able to extract Pinkie Pie yet and with no aid towards that goal she had decided to give up a while back. The new pink pony in her opinion wasn't that great of a pony. Pinkamena was dark and broody and shamelessly obsessed with Rainbow Dash. She found that out when she caught her making out... with a picture. She told no one about it because it was just too creepy and also it would ruin Pinkamena. She was still sharing a body with Pinkie Pie... so anything that affected one while connected effected the other.

Pinkamena wasn't excited.. she hadn't felt any emotions since she was taking some doses of a potion Zecora made. The potion has been killing off her ability to feel anything. She didn't like the pain of not being with the one she couldn't have. She didn't enjoy the town looking at her as if she was a plague. She also couldn't stand feeling happy around Dash just for the feeling to end when she was gone. She was slowly enjoying the feeling of emptiness. Much to Pinkie Pie's dismay of course. The nights were becoming more rough. Pinkie Pie wanted to take over and stop Pinkamena from contuining down the path she was going. It was hurting Pinkie Pie and Pinkamena with side effects. The headaches and the nightmares were ever increasing as a result of the 'medicine'. She didn't care though because at least she couldn't feel the heart ache of being alone and not being able to love another correctly.

She tried dating before and it wasn't able to work. Each stallion had no motives to being with the pink mare any longer than a first date. They didn't enjoy her personality and were expecting to bring Pinkie Pie back if they made her smile. No such luck because she never smiled. She only smiled when she saw a cyan mare with a rainbow mane. She started obsessing harder before she spoke with Zecora and began taking the medicine. There were discarded feathers and pictures all over her 'shrine' and she had Rainbow Dash paraphernalia all over her room. Wonderbolt posters signed by Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash socks she used to hoof herself with. She would wear them and pretend the rainbow socked hoof was not hers. She was delirious with pleasure when she did that. She realized how much laundry she was doing before it got to critical point.

One night with her 4th wall breaking abilities and physics abusing powers she snuck into Rainbow Dash's house while she and Fluttershy were asleep. She was so quiet that none of them heard her. She crept up to Dashie's side and sniffed her hair a bit. She got really into it and started to lick it. She was enjoying herself. Though she had to stop because she was getting aroused and didn't want to leave any evidence. She was sad but she made herself disappear silent as the night.

that night she was unable to sleep till her third self induced orgasm and some tears spilling down her face. She couldn't take it anymore.. she wasn't able to count on Fluttershy dying anymore and the wedding was on it's way. it was too late for her. The mind refused to ignore that Rainbow Dash would be with her lover forever.

The potion was wearing off so she took a sip of it and put it back in her pouch. She claimed it was just a new drink she favored and when asked to share she would refuse and say it's meant just for her. Normally that would get Scootaloo to just let it go. No one else cared about her drink because well it's just Pinkamena.. being Pinkie... the only one who understood her was a filly and a cyan mare. The rest just thought she was sad and blue and would one day recover if given enough time.

____________________________________________________________

Finally enough time had passed and the battle of mom and foal ended. The foal was successfully birthed and was now out in the world. Appleseed cried allowing the world to know he had arrived. He was now a part of the universe and the timeline. Space and order had now a new pawn in it's ever endless role of the dice. The fate of a new born was usually determined the first night. The foal was Appleseed and he looked like his mother but had his father's mane. A foal with no cutie mark or already branded destiny. an earth pony with as much potential as his aunt.

Life was a gift and one not to be wasted. The mother of the new foal was exhausted and when they allowed visitors she demanded they let in the unicorn. When she saw rarity approach her she smiled and cried "He is born Sugar Cube.. my Appleseed is here." She said excitedly.

The doctors were finished prepping the foal and allowed the mother to hold it for a few before bringing it to the room with the other foals. "Name... ?" A doctor asked wanting to get the information.

"His name is Appleseed." She stated proudly and tired as her somewhat lover held her gently " My name is Applejack and I am his mother." She pre-answered knowing the question that would follow but forgot one last one that haunted her and made her almost cry.

"Who's name of the father?" The doctor asked wondering why a mare unicorn was sitting to intimately close and tending to the new mother instead of a stallion. So he figured, it's one of those couples ok... I will just play it off and pretend I am not a insensitive stallion. He went towards Rarity and asked "Your name is?"

She absent mindedly answered forgetting that the question was going to indicate that the child was part hers or was her's in some way. "Rarity, Darling why you ask?" She said with a gentle smile.

"Well I needed a name to put for the father/other parent so I put down yours giving the nature of your relationship. Anyways time for questions over I got some other babies to document." He said before anyone could stop him.

Rarity looked worried and uncomfortable and was too afraid to look at Applejack. "I didn't know... I hope you aren't mad." she said with her face down and her hooves still in contact with the other mare.

Applejack didn't know whether to be infuriated at the marshmallow mare or upset that the name of the stallion who gave her the dna for the foal wasn't a memory or a thought in her mind. "Ya know what Sugar Cube... regardless of what happens between us... I would be honored if ya considered yerself a mother to my foal." She said with honesty as her element would suggest.

Rarity cried into her somewhat lover's neck and held her tight. "This means so much to me... I love you Applejack... I really do." She said softly so the mood wasn't ruined by anyone nosy enough to eaves drop.

Applejack just smiled and with a tone of complete and total conviction responded with "I love ya too Rarity... I love ya too." softly as the words were spoken the deepness of them trembled over the other mare's body as she shook with elation.

A moment that would be ruined by the questioning looks of the Apple Clan.

____________________________________________________________

The viewing room was filled with ponies looking at the babies. A cyan mare was looking for the most impressive and coolest foal for surely it would be Appleseed. "Maybe it's him... or him... I have a strong feeling about him.." She kept randomly pointing with her hoof. Fluttershy was embarrassed. Ever since the wedding Rainbow Dash had been back to her old self before the whole Wonderbolts experience. Yet she was also better. In her mind it was great for the improvement of attitude and new found responsibility. She was teaching correctly and even helping students who weren't as great as the others. The weather team were working fluidly now as the media wasn't so keen on the cyan mare. It seemed as if she wasn't the super star as she used to be. She was still recognized but she wasn't put on a pedestal anymore. "Honey... it's the one with the name Appleseed on his chart... that is the foal that belongs to Applejack...and I think he looks sort of awesome." She said coaxing her lover into going on about how awesome the foal will be once he hangs out with his auntie dash. It was easy to get her lover riled up. She enjoyed it at times and other times it would be an annoyance.

Twilight was thrilled about the foal since he was bringing joy to a distraught friend. Twilight knew Rarity was some what helping Applejack through this rough patch but it seemed as if Applejack was just giving up. Now with Appleseed surely the farm mare would have more fight back and be able to rebound from the tragic loss of her grandmother. The storm took more than lives that day long ago. Twilight wasn't there to help out.. She had separated from her friends and exiled herself to the Crystal Empire long ago. Then her return there recently had caused it to collapse.. even if it was months ago it was still a vivid memory. Now she was living in the library and often visiting Canter lot.. often visiting it indeed.

Pinkamena had trouble being in the viewing room because it was causing Pinkie to surface... Damn it ... stupid Hospital.. I just have to stay here a bit longer... and then we can all go out and celebrate the arrival of Appleseed in my 'Appleseed is born and were going to celebrate' party... I am sounding like her... Is she slowly taking over? She held her composure and started drinking more of the tonic.

It was helping in keeping the pain away and the Pinkie Pie away. Like apples to a doctor this potion was doing it's job. Ironically the thought made her think of the new foal... what kind of innate earth pony magic would the foal express if she was to foal-sit. Then again she wasn't thinking about that. Her life was slowly collapsing around her anyways. She didn't want to be Pinkie or Pinkamena... she didn't enjoy life feeling empty.

____________________________________________________________

The hospital room was a buzz with noise. From silent objections being whispered to a fool hardy roar of anger. " How dare you ruin the Apple name by filly-fooling?" Said one stallion known as Braeburn. He wasn't against dating outside the race since he himself has a thing for Little Strong Arm but he didn't tolerate no filly fooling. It was as bad as colt cuddling. " I mean I shelter you and your kin after that storm and just to find out you are a dirty filly-fooler ?" he spat with disgust.

Big Mac was ready to destroy Braeburn but surprisingly some pony else beat him to the punch. Rarity threw a hoof across his face and snorted in anger "This is the happiest day of her life... she had just given new life and a new start to the Apple family... and you dare.. dare insult her for allowing herself to cure her loneliness with someone who would actually care about her and not just use her for a good time?" She was livid. Big Mac had suddenly learned that he respects Rarity after seeing her get vicious and defend his sister.

He wasn't going to let any pony show him up Big Mac with his most frightening voice he could muster " Any pony who has a problem with my sister... regardless what about her is bothering you, you can address it with me... outside partner." That got the hate speeches to die down and suddenly some shame faced ponies looking down while some of them leaving in anger.

Braeburn spoke as he relaxed his jaw and spat out saliva "I don't care if don't have a problem with it Big Mac, but you know our traditions... if Granny Smith..." Before he could finish that sentence he was interrupted by a loud and angry Applejack.

"If my granny what? What? Ya think ya know my granny? She loved Rainbow Dash and Dash is a filly-fooler. Granny smith knew and she didn't mind. I am sure if Granny smith saw me with Rarity she wouldn't mind none as long as we were happy... and I am happy... I am happy to be with some pony who loves me for me and not just for what my body can do in bed." Applejack was tired and not in the mood to continue this argument "Look Braeburn ya will always be kin. But right now I don't know ya from dirt. Now git... git yerself out of here and don't return to Ponyville ya hear?"

Braeburn just left and went to the train station to head back home to Appleloosa he had no right to be here in this town. It was a town for him. He had his traditions and world views. It wouldn't change for any pony. That is how stubborn an Apple clan member can be.

____________________________________________________________

It was getting late and the ponies were told they would have to leave. It was saddening for them to go without being able to take Applejack and Appleseed with them. Rarity refused to leave and was told she would have to be dragged out kicking and screaming. Since they weren't in the mood to put up with a fight they allowed her to stay the night. The others started walking out the hospital and Rainbow Dash had a wing over her wife.

Twilight noticed Pinkamena get upset about this and asked "Are you ok Pinkamena?" She was hoping she could get some kind of perspective on just what was going through the mind of the hard to figure out pony.

"No Twilight nothing is wrong... just was hoping we could all have a party tonight, I was hoping we could all celebrate the birth of Appleseed and all be happy... Just wanted a party is all." She said slowly but not hinting how desperate she was for some pony to care about her. She didn't feel as loved as she was when she was PInkie.. it wasn't fair to her that some body stealing anomaly was loved more than the actual pony. It was like she was robbed of her body for years and when it's finally brought back to her it wasn't even her own anymore. She felt so out of place from the current world. Depression was sinking faster than any tonic could handle. The pain suddenly was returning even with the tonic still freshly administered.

Twilight was unaware of just how deep the pain her friend was hiding. "Hey... Pinkamena I know you are in the party mood but there will always be next time right? I mean we can't party all the time.. So it will just have to wait it's not like any of us will be leaving soon. We will all stick around for Appleseed's first day out the hospital. Then we can have that party"She said with a smile that was both genuine and a bit exaggerated.

"Yeah I guess so Twilight, you are right we all will be here for Appleseed's first day out of the hospital and then I can throw a killer party. Well not killer of course. I don't anyone to die." She said almost reverting to the pink mess of a pony that ate baked sweets all day and made the world smile. This is my body.. damn it I am PInkamena... I am Pinkamena..

____________________________________________________________

Pinkamena was home alone and it was dark. The cakes had been gone for the week with the foals as Pinkamena ran the shop. Even if her mood wasn't the best she was still a damn fine baker and was easily more responsible. Though tonight she wasn't about responsibility. She was going to write her suicide note and hope that she doesn't have to deliver it to the one mare who drove her to this point. Well I can't deliver it... I know it will be found regardless... some pony will check up on me one day and if not then I guess it won't matter anyways.

She had written the letter out and as she did her tears constantly dripped. She wasn't proud of her decision. She had to do it. The pain was too much. She needed it to stop. Just as she finished writing it she heard a noise at her window. It was someone she didn't expect to see her in her final hour. The element of loyalty herself....

She opened the window and smiled as she invited her 'guest' in "What are you doing here this late Dashie?" She asked with a somewhat calm tone to hide her future actions. she was going to resume her plan as soon as the cyan mare of her dreams left.

"Pinkamena... I don't know why but something tells me I need to be here... I couldn't get to sleep and I told Fluttershy about it and she told me to go see you. I hope you are not hiding something from us. You know we all care about you." She said approaching the other mare who was backing away slowly.

Pinkamena didn't want to let the letter be discovered especially when the intended reader was right infront of her backing her into a wall. "Look... Dashie I am tired, I am fine ok? I can smile for you if you want... I can do anything you want." She said almost lustfully. She was thinking about having some fun before going... she could just force herself and get at least something before ending her life.

Rainbow Dash was half tired because she just swore she heard her friend coming on to her. Ignoring it and focusing on what's really going on she kept backing her into the wall and seeing what she was hiding. "Listen if you have something dangerous I need you to put it down for both our sakes. I just need to make sure you are alright... then I will go ok?" she said while observing her friend to make sure she wasn't going to injure herself or the rainbow maned mare.

Pinkamena finally relented in hiding the letter and just let it drop. "That is all I had on me... I wasn't carrying any weapons Dashie... I was just writing a letter to someone special. Why are you so scared Dashie?" She said in a soft tone hoping to calm the athletic pegasus.

"Because I have lost so much already Pinkamena.. I have lost too many things and I don't want to lose another pony in my life... I don't know what I would do if you died... you don't know this Pinkamena.. but you and Pinkie... were cheering me on even when the others weren't around. You constantly followed me around and as annoying as it was it showed how much you wanted to hang out. Ever since I brought you back from the insane asylum you have been a little off and then something happened at that therapist office that changed you... into Pinkamena.... I feel so bucked up because I never got around to helping you and finding out what has caused this. I have been so wrapped up in my own problems that I completely ignored yours... Please Pinkie/Pinkamena... Let me help you... I feel like if I leave now... I won't see you again and that will hurt me deeply. " She said slowly leaning forward wanting to pull Pinkamena into a hug.

Pinkamena refused the hug and pushed her back "No... How dare you come here and do this? You know what it's not fair. You say all these nice things but it doesn't matter Dashie... because you will never love me like I love you... I love you so much Dashie... I had to hide it as both Pinkie and Pinkamena... you are the reason I smile. That day the Sonic Rainboom it stole my life... You created Pinkie... in a sick way you are her mother... the magic of the Rainboom fried my mind that day. Only extreme sorrow brought me back once. I was then again saved from the torment of being sad by you... Rainbow.... I can't live with out you in my life but... you love Fluttershy and not me..... I can't compete with her.... she has you all to herself... I can't be here in this world knowing the one pony I want isn't available ever." She started pouring out tears she never knew she had. The water was refreshing for her face as she was never able to cry before since she stopped being Pinkie Pie.

Rainbow Dash was taken aback. "Why... why didn't you tell me how you felt before? Why did you wait till after I got married to let me know this Pinkie... you.... and I.... maybe if..." She stopped... she couldn't say this to her now it would be unfair and it was unfair to Fluttershy too.

Pinkamena wasn't happy and neither was she going to be pitied "No... see if I had told you as either Pinkie or Pinkamena would you really have loved me back? I don't think you would... you knew damn well I would have been another fling. You have always loved Fluttershy... I could tell you know. I saw it in you two... The way you two always seemed to be flying together at random times when you were a speedy mare and she was a slow flying one. You loved her and even if you liked me just a bit... It wasn't enough... I want you Rainbow Dash. I want you so badly... I even have a shrine ... it has your feathers... I rub them all over myself." She started saying before she started moving inch by inch closer to Rainbow Dash who was now backing up. "I used the Rainbow Dash socks to hoof myself... I pretended it was you hoofing me as I let myself ride out in ecstasy thinking of you. I have even went into your home while you slept and licked your hair.. had I allowed myself to get lost in it I would have left a stain in your home... You don't understand Rainbow Dash I would do things to you that would make you cum hard... really hard." She said as she was inches away from her would be prey as she saw her back up to the wall.

"Stop this.... what is wrong with you... Why didn't you tell anyone? You need help.. normal ponies don't do these things... Pinkie Pinkamena whatever... Damn it Why didn't you say something to some pony?" She asked with tears pouring down her face and anger pouring from her in waves. She saw the other pony wince and back up. Scared look on her face and shaking.

" No pony cares that's why... you think any pony wanted to know about good ole Pinkie Pie when she stopped being Pinkie? No... They all loved her.. it was so unfair it was my body she used and my body she inhabited. She was the one who was the other Pinkie.. why are people here so mean to me? I wanted to be liked too you know.. I wanted to be loved like her... but also I wanted you... You Rainbow Dash.... it had to be you huh? When you left after that month you came back to visit as that one time. It sucked... you were gone and I was losing it. I lost it... I mean she lost it... Buck I don't even know anymore. We were losing our minds and you were living it up. We stopped caring about the world around us slowly as we could only think about the horrible ways we were killing you... different and inventive ways... sometimes it wasn't just murder... sometimes I would tie you down and have my way with you before cutting you up to pieces and she would have dreams where she would rip your wings out so you couldn't leave her side. We had bucked up dreams... for the longest and then we snapped. We lost our minds. I slowly started gaining a foot hold on my body again." She said before huffing for air after revealing such a shocking truth.

"But.... what?" she said knowing something else happened... she didn't know what to expect but suddenly that room felt smaller than it was and her fear and arousal at the nightmares were increasing. She was aroused at the sexual parts images of her tied down and being forced by her friend threw her head into the 'hot' portion of her receptive mind. The other one was fear of being killed in various ways.

"Then you came... to the rescue... and we told you we loved you... and after all that you just plunked us down infront of the group and ran off.... you ran off and went straight for Fluttershy... well first you went for Scootaloo but that isn't the point... you left again as soon as you came because I wasn't the one you wanted to save... you just needed me to save her..." She said while sobbing her eyes out. The pain of being indirectly used and the pain of having a love not returned. She was losing it. "Why Dashie... Why can't you just leave her and love me... I can do anything you want... I can make you happy... I can... I can love you..." She said pleading and watching her friend panic.

"Look.... I am sorry you feel that way... but you need help... you need help and I need to go.... I need you to Pinkie promise me you won't kill yourself... I know you won't kill yourself if you Pinkie promise because no one breaks one right? No pony ever breaks one so please Pinkie promise me.... and I promise you I will help you get through this. I will help you become better and we can put this whole thing behind us.. Please just Pinkie promise me you won't kill yourself alright?" she begged... she wanted to go to her lover and sleep off this turmoil so she could think better and find help for her friend ... Maybe twilight can help her and then we can all just get past this. I love you pinks but as a friend and when this is all over we can just hang out and stuff... I miss you pinks... more than you know buddy.

Pinkamena Diane Pie did the one thing she thought she would never do that night "I Pinkie promise I won't kill myself Rainbow Dash." She said with a soft smile... the smile that betrayed her thoughts because that night she broke a Pinkie promise... since she was going to lose her friends forever.

____________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash was satisfied with that.... she wasn't sure how to handle this but knew it was beyond her scope to attempt. The therapy sessions seemed to work fine Pinkamena even said she went on her own... she was visiting regularly and was being helped.... Just before being able to land home she made a dark sudden realization... Pinkamena never left town... she never went to the therapist..... she was lying this whole time... which means...

She hoped she was fast enough to stop her... She moved very fast without Sonic Rainbooming the town to pieces... she needed to make it on time...

____________________________________________________________

Pinkamena lay lifeless her blood soaked the sheets on her bed. She was drifting off into the void... emptiness over took her. She was free of all pain and worries. She wasn't alive for long but it was enough for her. She had made a small friend and finally told the mare of her dreams how she felt. I am sorry I had to lie to you Dashie... but I know you will forgive me,... my love.

She had written a letter that was on the desk it was taped to it so the wind didn't blow it away when Rainbow Dash would come back. Pinkamena knew she would catch on... but she knew it would be too late. She wasn't the smartest pegasus after all. The letter had read

Dear Rainbow Dash and friends...

I know it's odd to start by addressing just one of you and the rest of you as just friends of Rainbow Dash but I feel that is how it is anyways. Ever since I got control of my own body it feels as if all my friends had left me. My new personality wasn't the one you wanted you just gave up on me. Not Dashie.. not the mare I loved... she was my friend till the end and even if I never get to say it... I love you Dashie. You taught me to smile and I always felt happy with you around. Anyways I hope you can forgive me for being a coward and dying.. I just knew I couldn't be happy anymore... I am not Pinkie and I can't pretend to smile and constantly stuff sweet food in my mouth to hide the pain of loneliness. Tell Scootaloo that I am sorry we can't hang out anymore and that I always enjoyed making her snacks because she was always willing to hang out. Fluttershy please take care of my Dashie... even though she is your Dashie... I claimed her first so do that for me. Oh by the way can some pony take care of Gummy? I know he isn't an ideal pet but he is friendly. I just know one of you will. Lastly I just want to say I am sorry twilight but I don't think I will be making that party for Appleseed. I hope he lives a good life.. maybe he will be like better than I was. So with this all said I just have one thing to say . Good Bye every pony and thank you for being my friend.

Yours forever
Pinkamena Diane Pie

Author's Note:

So ... that happened... just when things were getting good for every pony this had to happen... poor Pinkamena. But sadly this is a reality when neglect and rejection takes place... especially those who feel strongly..


Feels cannon... turn yourself off already...