• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 1,459 Views, 97 Comments

To be a Wonderbolt: Family and Friends - Diablomuerte2



A sequel to the riveting dramatic story of To be a Wonderbolt. Rainbow Dash is now back in Ponyville as they rebuild their homes and lives. Not all can be fixed and not all hardships can be overcome without sacrifice.

  • ...
11
 97
 1,459

Recovery

Recovery

Recovery, mostly used to tell when things are being fixed, it can also describe a state of acquiring something that was lost. Sometimes when things are recovered it can be a mess. A dragon seeks out his fellow Draconian and the son of their ruler. This task if successful will surely cause the war, that could end Equestria, to start. Another aspect of recovery is in the form of Rainbow Dash. Her body slowly being repaired by good care and natural healing. Her brush with death was nothing more than a catalyst that was instrumental to the possibility of war.

Two different speedsters both on the path of recovery. The question is who will recover first?

____________________________________________________________

A week preparing for his journey to Equestria and his mission had made the Draconian hunter a bit on edge. Eligor was his friend and was also a very capable dragon, if something had surely taken him down it would be something very fierce. No Equestrian dragon could surely take down the likes of Eligor... He was top tier like me. If anything had taken him out it was surely the work of many forces. The princess of Equestria's magicis powerful but it isn't enough to break our magic resistant armors. We are warriors not diplomats.. Eligor even if not properly fitted with the finest armor should have been able to take out anything that was isn't Draconian. Nothing is as fierce as our species of dragons. We crush everything in our paths. I dare whatever had even remotely had any chance of hurting Eligor to attempt the same with me. I will crush it's body, and devour it's soul.

His vow was to locate his missing friend and the son of the king before returning to his people. He was at the edge of Draconia's border and was ready to take off. Before he launched off and began his mission he sniffed an artifact that Eligor's wife had given Belgar to track her husband with. She said it should have his scent, for Belgar it was enough because hunting was his main job in Draconia. No other dragon was as lethal and skilled at the task of hunting. He took a huge whiff of the object and rushed off at high speeds. His goal was not going to elude him and if anything was to distract him or try it would be met with ruthlessness and annihilation.

As fast as he was the extremely agile hunter couldn't surpass the sonic barrier, he was still able to ascend to speeds beyond normal dragons but his stop speed was the equivalent to Spitfire's speed at best. Dragon's weren't know for their agility but this speedster was all about it. He would command the skies to part for him as he flew through he felt like he was the master of the endless blue. Which he felt was the only place that King Dragunda couldn't rule. It was his own little slice of pie that was his alone. He was careful never to reveal any dissent against his lord but at the same time he was getting bored living under the old fool's rule.

He had his own plans to one day rule over Draconia but in order to do so he would need some method of ridding himself of the ogre-like dragon king.

____________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash had been recovering well enough to be brought home. A teleportation spell was able to get her there with minimal complications. While forced to stay in bed she was tended to by her wife. It was embarrassing to say the least.

Fluttershy smiled bright at this new house kept Rainbow Dash, she wasn't able to get in trouble with her body in such a state. while it was saddening to see her lover so broken it was also a blessing to see her be still and relax. "I made you some soup my love." Cooed the loving wife of the rainbow maned celebrity.

Rainbowmania was still wild. Many fans have been lining up outside the house of Rainbow Dash just to get a sneak peek of her and see how she is doing. Unfortunately for them the guards that now prevent entry into her home make sure that it stays that way. No pony can enter unless they are designated by the house owner herself.

Security officials were sent by Celestia to keep from any unwanted visitors to hinder Rainbow's healing progress. With a war possibility still looming her expertise and power could prove useful if facing a threat like the might of Draconia. No pony knows just how many warriors a continent full of dragon's has but it wasn't something they wanted to find out.

Rainbow Dash was barely mobile she relied heavily on her wife for things and was in pain most of the time. Her body though was hit with enough residual healing magic to help speed up the recovery process. She just wished she could be already air born not liking the ground as much as her family seems to enjoy. Her mind always on flying wanting to enter the world above that was hers and only hers. For nothing could command the sky like she could. No pony could ever match her speed and she wanted it all back. She vowed once she recovered she would fly straight into the sky and perform a Sonic Rainboom. It was her way of letting the world know she was the Sky Goddess once more.

____________________________________________________________

Belgar touches down on Equestria his nose in the air sniffing. He had a long way to travel but can pick up the feint scent of his friend and uses that trail to find him. He has to hurry as his other important task is finding the son of the Draconian king and now one knows his scent since no one was allowed to carry any of the prince's possessions with them. Royalty in Draconian were treated as gods and they were infallible and without sin. They could do whatever and no harm should come to them for they are the rulers and were chosen by fate to rule.

Belgar thinks about how he can use the son of the King to play a deadly game of chess. All he has to do is force the king out of his throne and into the sky and it's checkmate. The king while in his castle was protected by a series of guards and were great fighters. Yet no matter how many guards surround Belgar in the air it was fruitless pursuit. No one could match him in the sky. With his new crowning as king playing out in his mind he takes a quick break and just relaxes. He has a month to find his targets... he didn't have to rush at all.

____________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash was whining more fiercely each time she wanted something. Her ability to get things on her own were usually taken for granted now she just wished she could walk right and not have to call out to a pregnant mare and a rebelling filly. Even if Scootaloo was still a bit young for it she was starting that rebellion phase and would run around on her scooter with Diamond Tiara like she was some 50's gangster or something. It was cute but annoying. She could be flying instead but felt it was insulting to go around flying while her mother could barely move on her own.

She wanted to wait till Rainbow Dash could fly before she flew again She was using her scooter to traverse Ponyville with Diamond Tiara always in tow. Their rocky relationship was still going though Scootaloo wasn't sure how long it would last. With the happenings around her family she decided to just keep the some what working relationship on so she didn't rock the boat.

Diamond Tiara was happy and oblivious to Scootaloo's delight. They held hands and kissed on the cheek at times and she was never needing more. Sometimes when they felt really giddy a kiss on the lips would be their high end intimacy. being fillies and not really knowing about what to do next they weren't into trying stuff that adults did. Especially when Fluttershy told Scootaloo that she would tan her hide if she was doing things like that at her age.

Rainbow Dash was chuckling the whole time she said that because she doubt that threat carried any weight. It was just a mother trying to be protective in the fail kind of way. It was cute seeing Shy be motherly. It was something that she was hoping would keep up after giving birth. She wanted to see her wife handle the foal so she could learn how to take care of their new born.

Rainbow Dash was reflecting on life and how it reached this point. What a strange journey it has been. I feel like I went on some kind of adventure through reality and fantasy... as if I was merely just floating in some odd dimension through time and space... life has moved from some what stable to completely bucked up within these past months. The world felt different. The innocence of the world died it seemed the moment she left to be a Wonderbolt.

Now that she wasn't a Wonderbolt what did that mean for her life and family? What kind of job could she get? After earning the big bucks and being used to the life it was hard regressing. Her somewhat decent salary as weather manager wasn't as much as just being in the Wonderbolts. Never mind the gig and the merch. Even with her celebrity status it wasn't as much as being paid for a gig.

Now she had to think of a new future and one while trying to focus on getting flight ready. She had no time to worry about other thoughts. Her body was gaining strength each day. She had no connection to the outside world. She was isolated from her friends as they all have been doing their own things for a while. She knew that if war came a calling they each would be used in some manner.

Pinkie Pie was an expert in contraptions. Her party cannon and Pinkie Copter were just random inventions she could make seemingly out of nothing. She would be called to help create an arsenal of unusual weaponry and teach the ground forces how to use it. She would be instrumental in helping even out the odds for those who couldn't fly.

Applejack with her apples and food making abilities would probably be in charge of making rations. She could also teach the ground forces to use their legs for offensive maneuvers. since she could buck trees with one swift and precise kick.

Rarity would be making outfits and packs for the military. She could probably re gear the Wonderbolts with their trademark suit since she knows how to make them. So maybe the Wonderbolts can make a comeback but just not officially.

Twilight will be able to help the unicorn portion of the military hone their magic to be more useful in aiding the pegasi or just use them to harness other kind of combat magic. Not all spells have to be offensive. Shielding a pegasi as he strikes would be useful.

Fluttershy, would probably be a medicwith her expertise in caring for animals and ponies, well one stubborn and whiny pony at least.

While the rainbow maned pegasus herself would be fighting along side the troops and guards. Ready to rain hell on any enemy. Though her raining hell on a certain giant dragon did her in recently. Not to self don't use the Sonic Rainbomb on super dragons.

____________________________________________________________

Among a volcano in Equestrian soil was one full of Equestrian dragons. They were deliberating with each other over the arrival of a Draconian one. They didn't know how to approach the situation since he wasn't part of their group. He was some outcast who ran from home claiming to be some prince. They weren't too fond of him. They didn't like his air but especially his inability to discern what was etiquette and what was just plain crass in Equestrian society.

"I will have you know that I could eviscerate your group within an hour and then you will all obey my orders... I am a prince and I am not one to be trifled with. My name is Rahtot and I am looking for some dragons to fall under my rule. I have been searching high and low for a good group... the other dragons decided they would challenge me and I had to annihiliate them without any hesitation. So my fellow dragons.. " the soft spoken royal dragon spoke with a flare in his eyes "What shall it be? Join me and obey me or fall and become extinct?"

The group of Equestrian dragons weren't going to take any nonsense from just one Draconian dragon. Sure they were no match compared to a Draconian one on one but surely all their numbers would be able to wipe the floor with the snotty Draconian. They choose to fight him off and with no effort were killed one by one as the prince made quick work of them. While not as agile as Belgar he was every bit as powerful as his ogre-like father of a dragon. He had strength that was legendary and with his tough hide and scales it was nearly an invincible shield. Ego and pride were rampant in Draconians so often they had no issue with showing off or recklessly challenging any foe. Which usually resulted in death battles between two Draconians. Though he was strong and tough he was still a prince and wasn't too fond of real battles. Picking on weaker dragons or weaker species of animals was his game. In a fight against another well trained Draconian dragon it would be not in Rahtot's favor.

____________________________________________________________

Celestia, Bash Wing, Discord, Luna, Cadence, Twilight Sparkle , and Spike were all present in a meeting. The meeting was to determine the next plan of actions with regarding the death of the ambassador and the hiding of the body. They had to bury it really deep on the advice of spike because of the powerful sniffing qualities the Dragon's have compared to ponies.

The scent of the dead dragon was foul and was able to pierce soil and permeate the area. They had to get as many trained and armed ponies to help with the operation. Dragon was not keen on seeing a dead dragon especially since he was a dragon himself but he was glad at least he wouldn't know if it was a kin to him.

Spike knew noting about his origins besides that he was used by the ponies as a test for magic. That kind of made him unsure about his destiny. Was he meant to be something ferocious or just a tool to be used? Was his family monsters or were they kind and tame? He had no idea of his past but he knew the future was looking grim if he had to fight other dragons. He remembered how pointless he was in the dragon migration. He wasn't able to fight off any dragon so how could he help in a war against super dragons?

Discord, a Draconquus, was neither dragon or anything. The mad god of Chaos was an entity that was Frankenstein-like in nature. he was a chimeric beast that inhabited the world of chaos and spread it through any means necessary. He had somewhat reformed and was willing to aid against the threat though he wasn't going to be a direct conflict against the dragons instead he would use his chaos magic to create disorder in the battle field and give edge to the ponies.

Celestia never heard from Twilight. She wasn't sure if that meant she was thinking about what to write back or was busy with something. Part of her mind had felt that maybe she has decided to take the offer of being with someone new. Since war was on the platform of discussion she had to push her own emotions aside and do what is best for her subjects. Regardless if one was playing a risky game of heart tag.

Luna was prepared to battle a thousand years locked up in the moon can make a mare crazy. She had been itching for a good fight and had been denied a chance by her sister. So now with this new threat she was ready to use the full force of her dark magic and wreak havoc on any fool who crosses her path.

Bash Wing had the worse job of all. He had to prepare his soldiers for a one sided battle. He knew they had no chance of winning but he was planning on giving his enemies some indignant hell courtesy of his hooves. He was just hoping the war could be avoided. Because even if Equestria survived it would be a waste land and the ponies would probably all go insane and end up devouring each other in pure madness.

Wars were never pretty and were best avoided. The war against the gryphons long ago lasted a whole year and it costed many lives on each side. till the treaty was signed and peace between two species was established it was dangerous just walking out of your house during the catastrophic war. Now they face an enemy so grand that it would take a miracle to even pull out alive. The miracle in his mind had to be much better than a trouble causing cyan pegasus.

____________________________________________________________

Pinkie Pie was fully recovered from her experience. She had accepted herself and was no longer having crazy dreams or nightmares. She was living back at home and was helping at the bakery again. She was cheerier than usual and even smiling brighter. Back to her old self minus the extreme obsession with Rainbow Dash and no more Pinkamena giving her dark thoughts she was the party pony of Ponyville.

She had a great time with Twilight and that helped tremendously... she and Twilight... were complicated. That night they did have some fun and Pinkie was surprised at her own aggression in bed. She had Twilight in her hoof trembling with delight and anticipation and that led the pink pony to take her.

Twilight's moans were still ringing in Pinkie's head and her blush barely visible spread to her cheeks. She wasn't going to complain about the lack of a total win. She had some fun and that was ok for her. If Twilight wanted to be with the princess that was her deal and if she wanted some Pinkie time then that is fine too.

With her back to her usual self Ponyville was back to being a pleasant town with happy ponies. That was the best thing for Pinkie was seeing her friends smile. Her recovery was a full one and she hoped soon that her friend Dashie would recover so they could hang out as well again.

____________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash smiled as she felt something give. She felt her leg as she tried standing up. She was able to walk. She felt like a champion. Not just a champion a grand champion. She was ready to take on the world. She was walking around until she fell and started crying like a foal. Her body shot in pain and her wings were rapidly flapping in panic.

Fluttershy saw the mess of a pegasus and scolded her "Now look what you did... I haven't massaged the legs today properly and you are trying to walk... you are making me lose my patience, do I have to tan your hide?" She asked using the only threatening words she ever learned from Applejack. It was cute when she said it though.

"I have some better uses for your hooves my dear Fluttershy. I have some better uses indeed." Rainbow Dash turned on her seductive charm and tried to be somewhat attractive as she could be with her body wrapped in bandages and her smell of not so fresh linen. She tried and failed hardcore.

Fluttershy wasn't into playing games or even giving an inch to the other mare. She wanted her resting and being well pampered. Her body was going through a rough healing process and wasn't going to enjoy added stress to the muscles or ligaments. Rainbow Dash was getting on her nerves. She would never hit her though. She wasn't the kind of pony who hit other ponies. She was gentle. Still Fluttershy wanted some damn obediance for once. It was hard worrying about a foal on the way and a filly with a rebellion streak but now a wife who was trying to force herself into the air while still being useless on the ground. It was getting too much for Fluttershy. "Babe... please.... for me just behave... I can't keep doing this it's getting too much." She said about to cry.

Rainbow Dash just felt like crap. "Alright shy... I will just lay here till you can help me get back in bed.... and I will stay there until my body is ready. I will try on focusing on just recovering and let the others keep things going." She said as gentle as she could muster. It wasn't going to be easy. She wasn't going to enjoy it, but she was going to relax and just let her body heal.

Whatever trouble the world was facing it could handle it without her.

____________________________________________________________

Belgar had arrived at Canterlot high above the city and felt the trail end above a stadium... the trail ended right there. No where did the scent pick up. Almost as if Eligor dissappeared right as he was flying. The impossibility of it was just astounding. Something must have hit him with so much force and so much intensity that is destroyed him on impact. Something that could also wipe away his scent. Something that would be able to magically wipe away any traces of existence. What in the name of Ragarul (Their version of what in the name of Celestia...) could be so powerful that it would annihilate any traces of my friend and just shatter him from the world. Something with that much power would be a force to reckon with and yet if I could use it to my advantage I can take over Draconia. Suddenly my one month stay is going to be a very valuable one. I shall forget Eligor for now and look for Rahtot with him captured and this new weapon, I shall seek out, I will be able to conquer Draconia and be sovereign ruler for as long as I live.

____________________________________________________________

Rahtot was bored after slaughtering the Equestrian dragons he had ran into. Surely something around here would amuse me? I need something to entertain me. I am hoping something here can finally understand my power and accept me as their ruler. I have tried three tribes of dragons here and I think I am getting no where. I wonder just what can keep me entertained. What is that? Three flying winged ponies? What in blue hell are three flying ponies doing ... wait... flying ponies eh? I could see where they are heading and maybe have some fun with them... surely I can enjoy some meat while here. I wonder what they are in a rush for. Well wherever they are going it will be an awesome time... Dead ponies and horrid look on young ponies faces as I eat their parents in front of them and laugh. I think I finally found my entertainment.

Three fast flying Pegasus were heading to Ponyville. What they didn't know was behind them lied a threat that was capable of ending them. With their goal set on visiting Rainbow Dash and checking on her recovery the three pegasi had inadvertently just created some trouble for their would be visit. It was something that was unavoidable since they had no idea they were being followed by a very bored and dangerous dragon prince with a penchant for killing anything that disobeyed it. Soon the town of Ponyville will suffer a great tragedy unless something can interfere with Rahtots war path.

Author's Note:

So as you can see stuff is happening. With RD injured what can stop Rahtot from leveling Ponyville? What is Belgar's actual intent? What is the purpose of all thise side story filler crap? You will find out as the shocking conclusion to this fic continues with the final portion of To be a Wonderbolt: friends and family.

there are a couple chapters left before the story ends so I hope you all hang in there as it will all have a purpose. I would also like to thank all of you who stuck around and read this far. I know this fic kind of felt like it lost track with the original intent of the first one but the direction I am going with it was still the same. I have previously stated I have the general gist of what I want done with my fic planned out but the way I get there can change. Well for those of you who like this series you will enjoy the ending I have drummed up. For those of you who lost interest I thank you for at least giving this fic a chance :)