• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 1,460 Views, 97 Comments

To be a Wonderbolt: Family and Friends - Diablomuerte2



A sequel to the riveting dramatic story of To be a Wonderbolt. Rainbow Dash is now back in Ponyville as they rebuild their homes and lives. Not all can be fixed and not all hardships can be overcome without sacrifice.

  • ...
11
 97
 1,460

Teaching, Learning, Loving

Teaching, Learning, Loving

Rainbow's house was quiet. Fluttershy had woken up to an alarm that wasn't loud enough to disturb her sleeping partner.
She kissed the rainbow maned mare on the cheek and smiled. She had grown accustomed to waking up early. Each morning, not on demand, she would wake up early and get her two joys in life ready for the day. She had to make a nice breakfast for her lover and take a relaxing bath with her. The bath was sometimes accompanied by some play time if the mood was right, sometimes it was just a cleaning experience. After the bath and breakfast she would groom her with resistance from the athletic mare. It wasn't uncommon that she sometimes wanted her mane unkempt because it was "Cool" and the days she was not to be bothered she had it like that.

After seeing helping her lover with paperwork and doing some of her own, mostly balancing check books and 'trying not to look so buckable' in front of her mare. She then saw her lover off with a kiss. Sometimes the kiss would lead to some hot petting and pawing but mostly it was tame. She had some time between that and her next task to make herself something to eat. She ate in silence and yawned into her hoof. She then was ready to help her little filly head out to school.

Waking up Scootaloo had become a chore as she started becoming more like Dash. More snoring and being grumpy. It was cute but also tiring for the yellow mare to constantly have to deal with Scootaloo's new found Dashness.

Scootaloo loved her mother and knew better than to give her a hard time unless she wants momma-dash to teach her what's what. It wasn't ever hard but being tapped on the head made her feel like a foal. She woke up looking at her beloved mother and smiled " I love seeing your face in the morning." she said with a yawn that just lit Fluttershy's world up.

Fluttershy had been a recent mother. It wasn't ideal for her since she and Scootaloo never bonded before. She initially adopted Scootaloo to help Rainbow Dash out. Even if that is how it started the motherly mare took to the filly and they became really close. Fluttershy had become a real mother to Scootaloo and even kissed her boo boo's away.

Scootaloo hated being treated so soft but secretly... she enjoyed being loved and cared for. She had been training with Dash lately since she didn't have anymore practice. The show went great and since the next one was too far away her mother declined for momma-dash. It was funny for the filly to see Spitfire beg Fluttershy to let Rainbow Dash attend the next show and just to see her mother put her timid foot down about it.

Fluttershy had become Rainbow Dash's manager and accountant and many other roles. It was a full time job being with her it seemed. She also was a mother and soon to be wife, which wasn't going to add any new tasks except for the possible new foal that was going to fill the empty room in the house. She was excited about all the things to come. But she was also busy caring for two grumpy pegasi and a lot of woodland critters. It was becoming a lot of work especially... with Angel bunny's death.

Scootaloo started helping out around the house and with tending to the animals since Angel bunny had been slain. The usually tom coltish pony was very calm and tender with the animals though hoping never to gain a cutie mark for it. Angel bunny's funeral was not an occasion for anyone who's heart couldn't take seeing Fluttershy cry. it was just waterworks central. Still that damn bunny was awesome once you got to know him and he stopped being such a prick.

Fluttershy went down stairs after drawing a bath for her daughter. She knew Scootaloo was old enough to shower or bathe herself which was more than could be said for the very needy lover of hers. Though she enjoyed bathing with her lover it was giving her a sense of bondage. She sometimes felt owned. She hardly was able to do anything alone. She tried to push those thoughts away because it would only bring hardship. She just wished she wasn't feeling that way.

Scootaloo groaned when she saw the bath had been drawn. She was in a shower mood not bath mood. She decided to just take advantage of the generous time saver and threw herself in. She quickly cleaned herself and checked herself in the mirror while drying her body. It was a rough attempt but she felt she was dry enough. She made her hair like Dash's own style but was corrected each time by her mother. Why can't I be like Momma-dash.. I bet if I was more like Dash I wouldn't be bothered by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I wonder if with all that has happened if they will have learned not to be mean to others? Then again it's Silver Spoon and DIamond Tiara... they never learn.

Fluttershy finished making her filly's breakfast and made sure she ate it all. "You want to grow up and be strong like your momma-dash right?" She asked knowing the answer. She was still a fanfilly of Rainbow Dash at heart. But since they were closer it wasn't a problem.

Scootaloo finished eating faster in response instead of answering the obvious reply. She looked around for her pack after eating only to have it placed on her by Fluttershy who had this huge smile. "Mom... Are you going to walk me to school?" She asked hoping for a yes. She wanted to show off her new mother to everyone. She was proud of Fluttershy being her mom. Just wished Rainbow would one day fly her to school or Sonic Rainboom her to school. Though she would probably die from the amazing speed unless protected by some magical force like the time they fell from Cloudsdale that one day.

Fluttershy nodded her head before nuzzling her and walking her off. Fluttershy was enjoying her role as a mother and was hoping that her two special pegasi were enjoying their new roles. One as a teacher the other as a returning student. School was going to be heck for Fluttershy but if each day her hard work means a happy lover and filly what is the harm of constantly having to get up early?

____________________________________________________________

Applebloom wasn't sure why suddenly Applejack and Rarity had been walking together to bring Sweetie Belle and her to school. It was not usual since they lived on opposite sides of town. Lately she has noticed Rarity sleeping over the nights Sweetie Belle was at her parent's house. She also noticed that her sister was sometimes going over to the marshmallow pony's house for late night visits and forgetting to return home till the morning. She didn't interrogate her sister about it mostly because she didn't know what interrogating entailed or what the word meant. She was still a little filly and learning was something she was constantly doing.

Sweetie Belle didn't mind hanging out with Applebloom, it wasn't like she was only friends with her by association as it first started. It used to be Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo just being friends till Applebloom joined them and they became the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She wasn't sure why her big sister insisted on walking her to school and accompanying the farm pony and the farm filly for the walk there. It was a new behavior but she didn't care. Rarity seemed happy and that was making her nicer to the sweet voiced filly.

Rarity had been purposely flirty with Applejack around Big Mac making him very uncomfortable. They had dinner together last night and when the pregnant farm mare offered desert the fashionista immediately replied with, "I would like your... apple pie" in a husky tone leaving Big Mac coughing and the farm mare blushing.

Applebloom didn't get why the offer of desert was having an effect on everyone but it sounded delicious. The farm filly enjoyed it when her sister made Apple Pie. It was something that reminded them of Granny Smith. They all missed her.

____________________________________________________________

Pinkamena's day had nothing to do with school or preparing anyone for it. She had no foals of her own and wasn't going to risk having one unless she was sure Pinkie Pie was gone for good. She hated being unstable. Night after night she would battle for control of her body. She was having strange dreams and constantly fighting her obsession with Rainbow Dash. She hated the fact her alter ego wanted Rainbow Dash to just even spend an iota of time with her that badly. It was sickening.

The pain of not being able to spend time with her friend was bugging her. She wished her other self wasn't such a stalker towards the rainbow maned pegasus because it made her want to stalk her. They shared memories and unfortunately desires. It was the pain of sharing a body with another soul. Though she wanted to stop wanting Rainbow Dash she also wanted to have her. Just once to 'taste the rainbow' if anything.

Ever since her shift into Pinkamena it seemed that when she and Rainbow Dash hung out it was awkward. Rainbow Dash would ask why was she sad. She had to convince Rainbow Dash this was who she was now. The cyan pony had looked shocked and felt guilty, Pinkamena saw this and tried hugging her. When she made contact Rainbow Dash hugged back because she was hugging a friend. To Pinkamena this was a chance to enjoy the closeness. The Pinkie Pie inside her mind was subdued and she was herself elated. She almost dared to sniff but felt she would get caught.

That happened a day ago... now Rainbow Dash was busy with the academy. Pinkamena needed things to do. Things that didn't remind her of her obsession.

____________________________________________________________

Twilight decided to move back into the tree house and resume her life as a Ponyville citizen. Spike returned as her sidekick/ number one assistant. She wasn't switching between castles while secretly having an affair with Celestia and dating her new colt-friend Flash Sentry.

Twilight knew day one after returning just how unwelcome Flash Sentry was. The town itself didn't have a problem with him. Some treated him normally, others with respect. The reason he wasn't welcomed was because Rainbow Dash made it obviously known that she despised and disliked him.

While they didn't live together Flash Sentry would sometimes be at her library to spend time with her. Other times he would be out and about town trying to offer assistance to anyone in need. He noticed the weather team was struggling at times and tried getting a job there. The weather manager though seemed to refuse his help without even meeting him. Supposedly the weather manager disliked him as well. He wasn't sure why, since he never met the weather manager and no one would tell him her name.

Spike on the other hand, was a mixed bag about the lame pegasus. Since he was used to being adored and cared for by Twilight it was upsetting to see her be all mushy and nice to some lame pegasus. He also didn't dislike Flash Sentry since to him he wasn't as upsetting. He knew Rainbow Dash just absolutely despised him which made him wonder if she was secretly in love with twilight or if the armored douche pegasus some how angered the cool athletic one.

Twilight was busy reading some books on psychology and other books involving psyche, persona, brain damage, and magical effects of powerful phenomenon. All these books because she was warned by the now distant Celestia that the element of laughter was fading. Pinkie Pie's 'true' self wasn't acting like the Pinkie Pie that became the spirit of laughter. The magic inside that element was now seeping off and slowly losing it's power. If it kept going in this manner and the elements were needed it would be bad.

She noticed her other friends have gotten closer and was happy, most of her friends didn't mind the addition of Flash Sentry to group outings or picnics. Fluttershy herself was torn between being kind to Twilights colt-friend because it would bother Rainbow, and being not so kind to him because it would make twilight sad. Twilight herself understood Fluttershy's position. Just wish Dash would stop being so stubborn and get along with Flash. Flash.. Dash... hmmm odd

Twilight noticed how distant Celestia got with her. No longer would her letters be so warm and no longer would she make time for her. She thought an immortal goddess would be mature enough to be able to accept her student being with another pony. It bothered her because she didn't even choose Flash Sentry over her. She chose Celestia's duty over her. She didn't want to shame the royal queens over a scandal. She knew darn well that when she was around Celestia she was wanting to put her hooves all over her body. That flank .... I miss that flank. I just wish ... no Twilight focus on the duty at hand. We need to fix Pinkie Pie.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash was feeling pretty good about her new job. It wasn't too much work and she had breaks and a lunch period free to spend time with her mare. Though it was tiring day in and out working two jobs, it was rewarding to feel like she earned her vast amount of wealth. Since her talk with Fluttershy about her spending recently they had decided that Fluttershy would handle the money. The athletic superstar was almost hesitating at first. She didn't like letting someone have access to her account but realized that when they got married it wouldn't have mattered anyways. Still it was Fluttershy. She trusted her future wife with everything even her wings.

Spitfire was upset, visibly so. Her office was emptied out and a sign was now where her name used to be that was labeled "Rainbow Dash: Best Wonderbolt Ever." She was fuming. It wasn't like she didn't expect her office to be given away but for someone to just remove all her things and make themselves comfortable within the first day was just... never mind, I am the one who gave her the job so I might as well get used to her being the top dog of the academy. Though I just wished she had a little more respect for me being the captain. I can't believe she just tossed my stuff out and made herself home. She already has her foot on my .. her desk. To further her infuriate her the door seemed to be locked.

"Who is trying to enter the mighty awesome lair of the super cool teacher Rainbow Dash?" She asked out in a big voice as if mocking a drill instructor. Spitfire was pissed off but Rainbow didn't care. Soon she would be meeting the new recruits of the academy. She would know what it is like to decide for herself who is worthy of being a Wonderbolt.

____________________________________________________________

Fluttershy arrived at the school and had met up with Applejack and Rarity. She had wanted to go to the spa today since she hadn't gone in a while. "So Rarity... can we go to the spa today since it's ready for business again." She said timidly while pawing at the ground. She was hoping the usually busy unicorn would make time again for her.

"Why sure darling, it has been a while. Is it alright if Applejack joins us?" She asked casually not putting any tone behind it that would indicate how much she wanted Applejack to be there. It was mind numbing how much having feelings for someone was causing extra work to be done just to see them without being obvious about it.

The canary mare smiled "Sure that would be great... I can't wait for her foal to come out. I can't wait to have one of my own too. oh.. oh my" she finished and blushed. She wasn't supposed to tell anyone. She just leaked out information. In public no less. It seemed dangerous to do so with the rampant paparazzi hounding Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Anything they did would some how make news unless done at home. The ponies of Equestria were too interested in some pony's life and it was just absurd.

Rarity lit up like a Christmas tree and in her most dramatic and excited voice she gushed "Go on darling, do go on." She wanted more information especially since it was juicy. She was glad the fillies were already making their way inside because this news wasn't meant for little fillies to hear. "So how are you going to conceive? Are you going to use a donor... or just let some stallion rut you in a three way? Or will you use magic? Don't keep secrets from us. We are your friends aren't we Applejack?" Rarity bumped into Applejack wanting the farm mare to help.

Fluttershy's face was crimson and she hurriedly excused herself and ran off before she could be pursued with questions. The farm mare turned to the marshmallow pony with a disappointed look. "Rarity how ignorant can ya be?" She said angrily and just walked off. Rarity wasn't going to let her get away with her being mad. "Apple dear... stop... I am new to this whole pregnancy thing. I never had a foal as you know and I never have been around a mare who wasn't pregnant from a stallion... I guess I forgot about her situation for a second.... Please forgive me" She said pleadingly.

Applejack melted like butter and hated herself for being easy on the fashionista. It wasn't fair that she could easily make the farm mare smile and move on from small fights. I need some kinda defense against Rarity's voice She just nuzzled her gently after making sure no one was around. She wasn't ready to spill the beans about her new relationship. It was something she was still figuring out. She knew it wasn't right of her to be dating another mare when she was into stallions. She just didn't want to be alone.

____________________________________________________________

The cutie mark crusaders were together in class but not sitting together. Cheerliee had set them up with different seats this year and decided to put Applebloom next to Dinky. She placed Sweetie Belle next to Silver Spoon. Lastly as if asking for a bad school year she had paired Scootaloo with Diamond Tiara in desk placement. The pairs were immediately at arms except Dinky and Applebloom.

Silver Spoon was not next to Diamond Tiara and was too far away to have her back or be supported in taunting the blank flanks. She looked at Sweetie Belle who just smiled at her and it made her sick. Why is she smiling at me... doesn't she know I don't like her stupid blank flank self. I wish she would stop smiling at me and would stop using that cute voice to talk to me. I want nothing to do with her.

Sweetie Belle was optimistic, maybe she could make a friend out of Silver Spoon. Since the seemingly rich pony was usually a follower maybe she could learn to follow some pony else. "You know we don't have to be enemies... I mean one day I will get my cutie mark and then what will you hate me for?" She asked. The question was one with too much logic and common sense for Silver Spoon to be able to handle.

She thought about it. I guess... I can hate her for ... being adorable... yeah stupid adorable Sweetie Belle. Wait what? I can't hate her for that because that would be weird if I thought she was adorable. She can't be adorable can she? Adorable voice... check, adorable demeanor... check, adorable face... damn it.... I have no good reason for disliking her besides that Diamond Tiara does. I hate logic. Stupid adorable Sweetie Belle.

On the other side of the room was Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara. Diamond Tiara felt uncomfortable around Scootaloo. She was going to start making fun of her but noticed just how much her body changed since training with Rainbow Dash. She didn't know why but looking at Scootaloo made her feel weird. The filly was packing some muscles and Diamond Tiara wasn't so keen on making fun of someone who looked like they could take out a timber wolf. She still had to make her bitch quota for the day otherwise the universe would probably erupt into madness and Celestia would die from the lack of evil in the world. Her job was important she decided so she resolved against all logic to instigate the muscular filly. "Hey there blank flank. I noticed you been working out.." she was unsure of how she was sounding but that didn't sound like an insult. "I mean you are getting bulky... what you trying to do become super blank flank?" She finished a bit relieved with how she was able to stop herself from saying something nice.

Scootaloo just gave her a look that said... "you..." with her foreleg flexed a bit using her muscles as intimidation. She knew the new muscles that were building up was to help her achieve effortless lift off. She had been growing stronger and faster as a result of the training. She was already able to hover a bit and sometimes fly for a while but she wanted to fly like Rainbow Dash could when she was a filly. Her wings needed more work and so she would constantly train each day and get a massage from her mom before Rainbow got hers for obvious reasons. " So Diamond ... I just have one question for you. Would you rather it be now or later that I beat the tar out of you for being such a bully?" She even leaned over while Cheerilee was looking away from the class "Because if you like I can show you just how super I really am?" she meant it in a tone of intimidation but it came out as flirty. Damn it I been hanging around Momma-Dash for too long now she is going to think I am trying to get with her... wait... is she blushing...

____________________________________________________________

"Alright cadets. I know you know who I am otherwise you have been living under a rock for the last year, but I want to make sure you remember who I am in case you some how managed to forget it." She said while getting really close to each cadet's face looking for a sign of fear. She wasn't trained for this kind of thing especially with her voice not being as intimidating as Spitfire's but luckily she can alter it a bit to make it sound rougher. "My name... and please do make sure you know it... is Rainbow Danger Dash, though you will address me as Ma'am and when asked a question I want to hear a ma'am yes ma'am or a no ma'am no. If you answer with anything other than that I will personally see to it that you spend your lunch period scrubbing toilets am I understood?"

The resounding "ma'am yes ma'am!" Was like music to her ears. She wasn't sure about these new cadets. Sure some of them looked like they would be able to handle the normal tests needed to make it into the Wonderbolts, but just as she learned it isn't all physical. Being the best flier means nothing if you emotionally or just mentally unstable.

She looked at one of the cadets really hard and they started to wilt. It wasn't fun being intimidating... well it kind of was but she wouldn't admit it. She had to get these maggots in shape so they can achieve something. "Alright you are all here to be a Wonderbolt. Let me tell you something. Being a Wonderbolt isn't just about being the best. It's about being the best while remembering that you are still a pony. Once you forget that you are a pony you will become a monster."

Suddenly with the most sickening voice she could muster a pony that Rainbow Dash didn't expect to see ever again had decided it was time to settle their differences. "A monster like you Rainbow Dash?" Lightning Dust was tired of being chased. She was charged with slander and murder. Her life had been hell since then. She expected she would be disliked for her article but never thought that accidentally killing a bunny would lead to murder charges. She didn't see how that was even possible but she forgot one thing. The power of media. She was labeled a monster and the bunny she killed was 'like a son' to Rainbow Dash and her marefriend. Legally it was impossible to be convicted for it. The media wouldn't leave her alone and neither would the wonderbolts. They pursued her endlessly. She had to dive into dangerous areas to barely escape them. She was out of hiding spots and her family abandoned her. All she wanted was to hurt Rainbow Dash and in doing so she became the most hated pony in Equestria. She had only one course of action now. She had to beg for mercy in hopes she could be left to live a life. The slander charge was freedom of speech protected and the murder was bogus because bunnies weren't ponies. Animal cruelty would be at least five years if the trial was even given and done fairly. Since she knew that the ponies in jail would most likely violate her in the worst possible way or even worse kill her with no recourse to worry about, it was unsettling to think the only way she could make it out of this in one piece was to throw herself at the mercy of the one she aimed on ruining.

Rainbow Dash could sense submission even with Lightning Dust's stupid statement. Her ears were lowered, she was visibly shaking and firmly planted herself on the ground. Rainbow Dash approached her feeling her primal need to dominate her. It was her calling as an alpha mare. "So you show up instead of continue to run and hide. Why the sudden change? Scared they would send me to chase you next? You know if I had been pursuing you it would have been a pointless chase. So when you realized you were crap out of luck you come here and for what? To turn yourself in? Or beg for forgiveness?" She snorted in anger and stood over the other mare.

Lightning Dust was sobbing in pain of being starved, dehydrated and tired. Her body was literally almost giving out. She was refused food and when spotted chased by angry mobs. Not everyone was a Rainbow Dash fan but. Her capture had hefty rewards as she was officially on the wanted list. She looked as if she suffered ten hells all at once. She was without pride and only with shame. Her heart pouring out in plea with her voice faltering as she begged. "Please Rainbow Dash... Please forgive me... I don't want to suffer anymore. I know I bucked up royally and I will do anything to make it up to you and your mare... just spare me. I haven't eaten or slept in days... I can't stay in one spot for too long without being chased. I had to do things to survive I am not proud of... I am not asking for you to forget what I did ever... just please... find it in your heart to forgive me... I swear I will find some way to repent and redeem myself. I just need you to please help me... I can't go on like this... if you don't help me I am going to die..." She sobbed while waiting for judgement.

Rainbow Dash was at a loss. She wanted revenge and yet... this was just not... what she had in mind. This wasn't Lightning Dust it was a pathetic mare. Some mare who had suffered constant torture and humiliation because she decided to do something heinous in retaliation of her brother's death. Rainbow Dash had found out about her brother's death when the family came forward publicly disowning her so the media would leave them be over it. Rainbow Dash felt like any mistake someone made towards her was instantly punished by her fans... it wasn't a good feeling being this influential because of fame. She didn't want mobs of ponies hurting another because they disagree with her. It was just ridiculous. Yet this pony nearly costed her relationship, ultimately it was strengthened cause of her actions. Why am I thinking like this? I can't forgive her she killed Angel bunny. What can I do though. Can I be heartless and condemn her to the living hell she is going through or can I be merciful and forgive her.... Damn it shy what should I do?

No matter the decision it would be a hard one to make, then again making hard decisions is part of being a Wonderbolt.

Author's Note:

Oooh dilemma what to do? what to do?

By the way I am not sure if I am shipping any CMC with anyone. Though I am a fan of Sweetie Belle and Silver Spoon fan fics idk if I want to dive into that. The idea of Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara came from a turn around idea where the one being bullied bullies back but harder. Thinking of making some dark moments in this fic using Scootaloo's new strength and status as a way of making her into some bully. Still shit will be going down next chapter.

FYI: I am not keeping Twilight with Flash Sentry... I hated it Canon and I hate it Fanon I am only using Flash Sentry for now as a conflict for Twilight I know it sucks being given a heads up but I just don't want anyone to think I support Flash/Light. I hate Flash Sentry. I will be making him suffer in this fic ... and if I continue this series (which I plan to) I have a perfect way to kill him off next part of this epic multi fic story. I already have the third fic in the works while working on this. My head is amazing XD