• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 2,547 Views, 68 Comments

My Daughters - ThunderCracker



Dennis' life was dull and grey before, but all of that is about to change when he gets an unexpected surprise in a dying city.

  • ...
9
 68
 2,547

New Arrival

Dennis sat at the table with a bowl of soup in front of him. He glanced up at the girls who were begging him to eat it, because of course, they made it for him. They wanted him to get better AND judge them on their cooking skills. Dennis sighed and looked back at his soup. He reached his hand of from under his blanket and grasped the spoon. He took then tiniest sip... then instantly spat it back out. He began to cough and the girls walked over to him.

"Whats wrong? Didn't like it?" Luna asked.

"No, no. *cough* It really hot..." He said.

"Well you should've blown on it, duh." Luna replied hugging him.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Possibly just another wander or something. Dennis looked at the girls and they nodded. They walked into the bedroom and closed the door behind them. Dennis stood up and walked over to the door. He opened it and almost dropped dead. Standing there with blue and teal striped hair and a white coat was...

...Shining Armor...

"Uh, hello?" He asked.

Dennis slammed the door in his face.

"HOLY SHIT!!!" He shouted running back over to the table and sliding under it.

This cannot be happening. This cannot be happening. This cannot be happening! THIS CANNOT BE HAP- His thoughts were interrupted by the girls walking out of the bedroom and looking at him strangely.

"Whats wrong?" Celestia asked.

"What? Nothing! Heh, heh. What- why would there be something wrong- what do ya mean?" He asked nervously slowly getting up from under the table.

"Well A. You're hiding under the table with the blanket wrapped around you. B. You screamed that swear word while almost going through the wall. And C. You sound very nervous." She Celestia replied.

Dennis opened his mouth to speak but then closed it. He walked over to the bedroom door and gestured for them to go back in. The hesitantly walked in and closed the door behind him. Dennis took a deep breath and sighed. He shuffled back over to the front door before shakily reaching for the door knob. He opened up the door and Shining was still standing there. He looked up at him and Dennis looked at him strangely.

"Y-yes???" He asked.

"Uh, I'm here to see Cadence." He replied.

Fuck! Wait, why does he look youn-... Ahhhh! SHIT!

"Uh, sure... two seconds." He said closing the door.

Fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck!

He opened the bedroom door and peaked in.

"Uh, Cadence?" He called shakily.

"Yes?"

"Cou-could you come here for a minute?" He asked.

Cadence hopped down to the bed and walked to Dennis' side and smiled at him. Dennis slightly smiled back and walked towards the door with Cadence following close by. He opened the door once more and Cadence gasped.

"Shiny!" She shouted.

"Cadence!"

They ran towards each other and hugged each other tightly. Celestia and Luna peaked their heads through the doorway and saw Shining and Cadence hugging so they walked next to Dennis. Dennis smiled at Shining and Cadence. Celestia wrapped her fore hooves around Dennis and Luna and brought them in for a hug. She smiled.

"Well Dad, looks like you're gonna have to make more room." She said laughing.

Luna laughed and Dennis frowned and turned around.

"Shit." He said walking off.

Dennis invited Shining in and showed him around the house and fed him also, trying his best not to be an asshole. This all just came so fast. Finds Celestia, Luna and Cadence as fillies in a cardboard box, takes care of them for a few years, have some problems, finds out that he and Luna can go to a dream world and see each other, they find out that their from a TV show, Luna runs away, she comes home, and now Shining, of all ponies, the husband of Cadence, is here now, probably to take her home. That's what Dennis is gonna ask him anyways.

Dennis sat down at the table and looked at Shining. Shining looked back and put the spoon back in the bowl.

"Something wrong sir?" He asked.

"What are you doing her Shining?" Dennis asked coldly.

"I was sent here to find Cadence... she is my wife anyways." The last part he whispered.

"Why are you so young?" Dennis asked.

"I dunno. Probably a time flux or something." He replied.

"Hmph, well. As long as you're not hear to take them away, that's fine." Dennis said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Why?" Shining asked.

"Because their my daughters... and unless you wanna join the royal family, go ahead and ask me. I could use a son." Dennis said.

Shining instantly choked on his soup.

"They're your daughters?!"

Dennis lunged at him and put a hand over his mouth. He looked at the bedroom door and heard nothing but sleepy noises.

"Will you be quiet!" Dennis whispered.

"Sorry."

Dennis sighed and stood up.

"You're sleepin' on the couch tonight." He said walking into the bedroom and closing the door behind him.

That was him being an asshole.

Author's Note:

HOLY SHIT! SHINING'S HERE! Yeah I thought it'd be cool to have Shining Armor join the party and go looking for his wife in the mysterious world of EARTH. So yeah, go ahead and leave a comment below. Do it.