• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 2,547 Views, 68 Comments

My Daughters - ThunderCracker



Dennis' life was dull and grey before, but all of that is about to change when he gets an unexpected surprise in a dying city.

  • ...
9
 68
 2,547

The Truth

3 Years Later

Dennis got a new job that payed a lot more than his last one. This was better for both him and the girls. Celestia was now 17 and she has her pink flowing mane and came up to Dennis' chest now. Luna is now 14, and Cadence is 10. Celestia's attitude was slightly changing. She sort of acting like the Celestia on the show, and Dennis isn't really liking her new attitude. Dennis still remembered what Nightmare Moon said three years ago.

"And it'd also be a shame to let your own daughter find out that she's a cartoon character from a TV show."

Dennis had to hide the remotes from them so they wouldn't find out, but he knows that they will someday find out, whether its in a good way, or a bad way. But today was the day things take a turn for the worst.

Dennis came home from work with bags of food for the girls. He heard them watching TV, but he didn't hear them laughing at their TV shows. He put the bags on the table and walked into the living room. His heart skipped a beat... they were watching... My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but it was that one damn episode that made him want to kill himself. Luna Eclipsed. He walked over to Luna and reached a hand out to put it on her shoulder.

She quickly whirled around and her horn lit up. Dennis' eyes widened and Luna shot a bolt at him. It hit him square in the chest and sent him flying. He slammed into the wall and fell to the floor, screaming in pain.

"I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT YOU WOULD BE THERE FOR ME! WHERE WERE WHEN YOU WERE GOING TO TELL ME ABOUTTHIS HUH?!?! WHERE WERE YOU?!?!"

Dennis looked up at Luna with tears streaming down her face. Her face was flaring with rage, but then it slowly turned into sadness. Tears quickly began to flood from her eyes.

"I'm so sorry..." She cried.

She ran into the bedroom and locked the door behind her. Dennis quickly got up and limped over to the door and started knocking on it.

"Luna? Come on sweetheart we can talk about this. Please come on, Luna please, I'm here for you." He said leaning against the wall.

He got no response.

He looked at Celestia and Cadence who weren't very happy with him either, but they still wanted know if he and Luna were okay. Dennis knocked on the door once more and still didn't get a response. He looked at the girls and motioned them into the living room. He wrapped an arm around Celestia and held her close while they were walking into the living room. They sat down on the couch and Dennis took a deep breath, then sighed.

"How long?" Celestia asked.

"Ever since I found you." Dennis replied. "I kept it from you because i thought that you wouldn't want to see me anymore, or, you'd hate me forever."

Celestia glared at him for a couple seconds and then sighed.

"Oh Dad," She cooed, "you're our father, we could never hate for ever, even if we did show it, somewhere inside we'd still love you." She said hugging him.

Dennis wrapped an arm around her and hugged her and then wrapped his other arm around Cadence and pulled her in for a tight hug.

"I love you girls."

"We love you too Dad." They both said in unison.

Dennis got up and walked back over to the bedroom door and knocked on it again. Still no response. He slowly turned the knob. It was unlocked now. He continued to turn it and then pushed it open.

"Luna?" He called.

He opened the door fully and his heart split. The window was open and Luna was nowhere to be found.

"Luna?!" He shouted.

He looked under the bed, in the closet, in all of the corners under his clothes. She was nowhere in the room. Dennis looked out the window for a few minutes and then pulled back in. He sat on the bed and began to cry. Celestia and Cadence hopped onto the bed with him and wrapped their arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"It's all my fault..." He said.

Celestia lightly punched his shoulder.

"Don't say that! This is not your fault." She said.

"Then who's fault is it?" Dennis retorted.

"No-ones." She simply responded.

Dennis sighed. "Stay here... I'm going out to look for her." He said walking out of the bedroom.

He grabbed his coat and walked out the front door. He turned to the left and continued down the sidewalk. He looked around for hours and found nothing. He checked every alley, every abandoned building, everywhere. He didn't find her. He didn't want to give up, but it probably would've been hopeless. She probably flew off somewhere far away. He walked back home and walked through the door with tears falling from his eyes. Celestia and Cadence were waiting for him and they looked at them when he walked into the living room, but then looked away when hey saw that Luna was not with him. He sat down next to them and sighed. They didn't talk.

Just silence.

It's been four days since Luna ran away. They've been getting worried about her, wondering if she's coming back. Dennis was slowly losing himself, every night he would go out and try to look for Luna. He hoped that he'd get to her before Nightmare Moon did. It was raining heavily tonight and Dennis was sick, but he didn't care. He grabbed his coat and walked towards the front door. He reached for the doorknob but Celestia and Cadence stopped him.

"No Dad. You're sick, you can't go out tonight." Celestia said.

"I don't care..." He said trying to press on but Celestia shoved him back.

"No! Stay here! I'm not letting you leave!" She shouted.

They all heard a knock at the door and looked at it.

"Girls go hide." Dennis said.

They both nodded and ran into the bedroom closing the door. Dennis looked at the door and reached for it. He opened it up and his eyes widened. Standing there at his door... was his Luna. She was dirty, she was soaking wet from both rain and tears. She looked up at Dennis with tears streaming from her eyes. They both stood there looking at each other. Dennis' mouth was hanging open and tears began to well up in his eyes. Luna opened her mouth to speak but Dennis quickly grabbed her and hugged her tightly while sobbing. Luna wrapped her fore hooves around him and returned the hug, holding him close and tight. They both fell to the floor hugging each other tightly, sobbing, getting tears on each other.

"I'm so sorry." Luna whimpered.

"No! I'm so sorry. I should've told you. Just please, don't leave me again Luna." Dennis replied hugging Luna down hugging her tighter.

Luna was underneath Dennis hugging him tightly while Dennis was on his knees hugging Luna with sobbing.

"I love you so, so, so much Luna. And I promise I WILL be there for you. I promise." Dennis said through his tears.

"Hey Dad?"

"Yes Luna, what is it?"

"I'm hungry."

Dennis laughed. "Okay, c-come on. I'll go make some sandwiches."

They both got up and walked into the kitchen and made some sandwiches. Dennis made sure not to put meat on her sandwich and none on his. They sat down at the table and began eating. Celestia and Cadence came out of the bedroom and saw Luna and Luna looked at them and smiled.

"Luna!" Celestia shouted sprinting towards her.

Celestia picked her up hugging her tightly. Luna returned the hug and Cadence came over and joined the hug. Dennis sat there smiling at them and then walked over to them wrapping all of them in his arms.

"I love you girls. So much."

"We love you too!"