• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 2,547 Views, 68 Comments

My Daughters - ThunderCracker



Dennis' life was dull and grey before, but all of that is about to change when he gets an unexpected surprise in a dying city.

  • ...
9
 68
 2,547

Afraid To Lose You

Dennis was sitting at the dining room table with Celestia, Luna and Cadence. They had just finished eating their pancakes. Dennis looked at his watch. 12:00... He got up from the table and grabbed they girls plates and washed them. After he was done washing the dishes he saw that they were asleep. Dennis chuckled and he walked into his bedroom and cleaned up, picking up his dirty clothes and all that. Once he was done he walked back over to the sleeping fillies and picked them up and brought them into his room. He tucked them under the covers the covers and turned to walk away when he felt one of them grab his arm. He turned around and saw that Luna was looking at him with "the eyes." He couldn't take it when someone gave him "the eyes" especially when its a cartoon character named Luna...

He looked into her bright teal eyes and smiled a bit. "What Luna?" He whispered. Luna got up and reached her arms up. He put his hands under her shoulders and picked her up and cradled her in his arms. He saw a few of her tears glisten in the bright moonlight. "Luna whats wrong?" Dennis asked.

Luna slightly sniffled. "You're the only person other than my sister or niece who talks to me and you took care of me, and showed me love, I'm just so afraid to lose you. I love you." She said through her tears. She wrapped her fore hoofs around his neck and hugged him tightly, Dennis could her tears on his shoulder.

"Its okay Luna, its okay. I'm right here, you're never gonna lose me. I promise." Dennis replied. Luna calmed down and looked up at him. "Promise?" She asked. "Promise." Dennis replied. She smiled and buried her face in his chest and hugged him tightly. Dennis felt all warm inside.

"Why do you...love me?" Dennis asked.

"Well, you've always been such a father to me and my sister and Cadence." She replied.

"So... you love me as a father?" Dennis finally asked.

"Of course. Is it alright if I called you Dad?" She asked.

"I don't see why not..." Dennis replied.

He carried Luna back to the bedroom and tucked her in and said good night and turned to leave. Luna said something that made his heart melt.

"Good night dad, love you..." She said.

A huge smiled spread across Dennis' face. He turned and walked back over to Luna and kissed her on the head. "Good night Luna, love you too." He said walking out of the bedroom. He turned and looked at Luna who had her eyes closed and snuggled with her sister, he smiled and slowly closed the door. He turned around and let out a long sigh.

Wow, she thinks of me as... her father? And she loves me as one too... Dennis thought. He lied down on the couch and fell asleep. He dreamed of the Mane 6 coming to his house and taking his little girls from him. He woke up quickly and he looked at the digital clock. 3:47. Dennis sighed. But he knew that they had to go home sometime soon, he'll just regret the day they do. He was just so afraid of how it was going to happen. Were they just going to instantly gonna be taken from him, or was he going to have to suffer more just by WATCHING them being take from him, but he knew if he watched he knew he would've said his goodbyes.

He just lied back down and closed his eyes to sleep again. After an hour, he finally went to the bedroom to check on the girls. They were sleeping soundly. Dennis grinned a bit and crept over to the bed and joined them. He crawled in between them and pulled the covers over him as well as pulling the girls closer to him. They wrapped their arms around him and snuggled him. This helped Dennis sleep because their coats were so soft. He held them tightly against him and he fell asleep in their arms.