• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 2,547 Views, 68 Comments

My Daughters - ThunderCracker



Dennis' life was dull and grey before, but all of that is about to change when he gets an unexpected surprise in a dying city.

  • ...
9
 68
 2,547

Piano Man

Dennis had cleaned up all the broken glass and pancakes off the floor and put the in the garbage, he flipped the table back over. He was still kind of laughing from what he did, the girls helping him clean up and then went into the living room. Dennis had washed all the cooking dishes and wiped off the counters and the table. He walked into the living room to see the girls examining his Rock Band set. He had all the instruments, he was best with the guitar and bass, and he had a pretty good voice.

"Whats all this?" Luna asked.

Dennis walked up to them and knelt down next to them. "Those are called Controllers, well they look like instruments, but... here lemme show you." He said walking over to the Xbox.

The girls are used to all of the electronics in the house, but this was strange to them. He put Rock Band 3 in and grabbed the keyboard. He set it up and pulled up a stool. The girls watched on the floor as he scrolled through the songs. I don't want to play anything too heavy. It might hurt their ears... Dennis thought. Dennis found the perfect song. Piano Man, by Billy Joel. He set it to Expert Pro Keys and played the song perfectly and the girls congratulated him and they wanted to try. He decided to place Cadence on the keyboards, Luna on the bass, and Celestia on the guitar. Dennis decided to be on the Microphone.

They played a few songs and Dennis was was surprised at how well Cadence was playing the keyboard. "Cadence where did you learn to play like that?" He asked. "I kinda watched how you did it." She said blushing. "Learnin' from your old man huh? That's alright, I learned from my Dad too heh heh." His chuckles stopped and he frowned looking back at the screen. Dad... He thought.

Dennis walked up to the TV and turned it off. "Alright, that's enough for today." He said turning off the Xbox. "Awwwww." They said frowning. Dennis took all of the instruments and placed them where they were before. The girls began to pout and Dennis walked up to them and brought them all into a hug.

"Hey, at least it was fun, I can promise that we'll have more fun. You are ALL very good at this game." Dennis found out that those few songs was every song in the game because when he looked at the clock he saw that it was 7:03. "Alright, dinner time." He said.

He made the girls some fajitas, he was surprised that they liked them, he wasn't very good at cooking. The girls yawned and became sleepy. Dennis picked them up from their chairs and brought them into the bedroom and tucked them in. By the time he did, they were already asleep. Crawled in bed next to them and wrapped his arms around them and pulled them close.

"Goodnight my little girls. I love you." Dennis said before drifting off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry for this chapter being short, I'll make my next chapters longer thought.