• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 2,548 Views, 68 Comments

My Daughters - ThunderCracker



Dennis' life was dull and grey before, but all of that is about to change when he gets an unexpected surprise in a dying city.

  • ...
9
 68
 2,548

Fun In The Dreamland

Dennis was lying down on the couch with Luna on top of him. They were hugging each other tightly, never wanting to let go, afraid that if they did they would lose each other again. Dennis told her about hiding the show from her and how he thought she would react. They just lay there on the couch, hugging. They've been that way for hours. It was still raining heavily, but Dennis loved it. He loved the sound of the rain beating against the house and the windows. It always lulled him to sleep like it was doing now. He was petting Luna's mane lightly and her eyes closed to sleep. She hugged him tighter and rested her head on his shoulder and let out a heavy sigh, then fell asleep. Dennis hugged her tighter and his head fell back onto the couch arm and closed his eyes and fell asleep.

He woke up in the same snowy place that he was in before when Nightmare Moon assaulted him. He looked to his left and saw Luna sitting there looking out at the snowy hills. He walked over to her and sat down. He threw some snow in his mouth and then wrapped his arm around Luna and hugged her. Luna returned the hug and rested her head on his shoulder then leaned into him and sighed.

"I love you Dad." She said.

"I love you too Luna."

"My that is so sweet." Another voice said.

Both Dennis and Luna looked to their right and saw Nightmare Moon standing there. She walked up to Luna and smiled. She put her hoof under Luna's chin.

"My, so beautiful, it'd be such a shame if something bad happened to you. He hid a terrible secret from you, you're not real little Luna, how could you still love him?" She asked.

"I don't give a shit." Luna said.

Both Dennis' and Nightmare's eyes widened.

"I'll make you eat those words." Nightmare growled.

Dennis quickly got up and hit her.

"Stay the fuck away from my daughter like I told you to." He said.

"I'll be back." She muttered, and then disappeared with the wind.

Dennis sighed and looked at Luna.

"Watch your mouth, I don't want to hear you say that again, you hear me?"

"Yeah... sorry."

Dennis walked up to her and hugged her tightly. They stood there hugging until Luna used her magic to make a little snowball without Dennis noticing. She hugged Dennis tighter.

"Hey Dad?"

"Yes?"

Luna pushed Dennis away from her.

"Heads up!" She shouted and threw the snowball at him.

Dennis laughed and then rolled up his own little snowball and threw it at her. She ducked it and used her magic to create a huge snowball. Dennis' eyes widened and he turned around to run. Luna threw it at him and it hit him. Dennis fell over and started rolling down the hill creating an even bigger snowball as he rolled down. Luna gasped and galloped over to the rolling giant snowball. She galloped in front of it and stopped and tried to stop it. It only rolled over her and caught her inside of it. Now both Dennis and Luna were inside the snowball rolling down the hill.

They continued to roll down the hill until the snowball smashed into the bottom. Dennis and Luna lied the laughing. Dennis tried to get up but Luna jumped on top of him laughing. They wrestled around in the snow laughing until finally Dennis pinned Luna to the ground. She used her magic and pushed him off her and jumped on top of him and pinned him to the ground. She let him go then hugged him again. Dennis returned the hug and lied there with her. Luna sighed and closed her eyes.

"I think I just wanna do this you know? Like hug, I mean you're so warm." Luna said.

"Yeah... you're so soft, it's crazy. I mean, you were like the softest teddy bear when you were young." Dennis said.

"I need to ask you one more time Dad," Luna said, "what am I to you?" She asked.

Dennis sighed. "You're my daughter, and you're real. You are the reason that I still try." Dennis answered.

Luna smiled and hugged him tighter.

"I love you Dad."

"I love you too Luna. I love you too."

They both hugged each other in a sleeping manner and they closed their eyes to sleep. Dennis opened his eyes and thought, Wait, can you sleep when you're already sleeping? He looked at Luna. She had a smile on her face and she was sleeping. Guess so. He closed his eyes again and after a few minutes, he fell asleep. It was all dark. Probably because you can't dream inside a dream. After a few hours Dennis woke up again and he was still in the dreamworld. He looked to his right and Luna was still lying next to him. He nudged her away and she woke up.

"Hm? What? What is it Dad?" She asked.

"Why are we still in the dreamworld Luna?" He asked.

"I don't know. But I kinda like here. It's a good way to get away from the world ya know? It's like the funnest break you could ever have, especially when I'm with you." Luna replied.

Dennis stared at Luna and she looked at him.

"Whats wrong?" She asked.

Dennis didn't answer. He just grabbed her and hugged her. She smiled and returned the hug. They sat there hugging for what have been hours. But every now and again...





...You gotta wake up.





Dennis and Luna woke up. They looked at each other and smiled, then hugged each other again.

"I love you Luna."

"I love you too Dad."