• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 2,547 Views, 68 Comments

My Daughters - ThunderCracker



Dennis' life was dull and grey before, but all of that is about to change when he gets an unexpected surprise in a dying city.

  • ...
9
 68
 2,547

Nightmares

Dennis was woken up in the middle of the night by a loud THUD! He looked around him to see that Luna was no longer in the bed. He heard sniffling noises and Luna mumbling something. Dennis looked over the edge of the bed to see Luna on the floor rolling and kicking. He quickly hopped down next to her and held her in his arms. She struggled to get away, kicking and pushing away from him. Dennis held her tighter and tried to calm her down. He began to lightly shake her and rock her.

"N-no! Get away from me! Get away!" She shouted, waking up Celestia and Cadence. They looked at Dennis and Luna and quickly walked over to him to try and help.

Dennis set Luna on the bed and continued to shake her. "Luna! Luna wake up! Luna!" Celestia walked over to Dennis nudged him.

"Yelling isn't going to wake her up." She said calmly. Dennis was hyperventilating and Cadence tried to calm him down. "Dad please, you need to calm down, she gonna be alright." Dennis stared at Luna in horror. She was rolling and kicking and shaking her head.

"GET AWAY!!!" She shouted. Dennis quickly backed away backing into the wall and he slowly slid down and buried his face in his hands. Cadence walked over to him and comforted him while Celestia continued to try and wake Luna up. "Dad, please calm down. She going to be okay, you just need to calm down and help us." She said wrapping her fore hooves around him. "O-o-okay." He said walking back over to the bed.

"P-please! Just STAY AWAY!!!" She shouted. Dennis continued to watch in horror as he stuttered. "W-w-w-water?" Celestia quickly looked at him. "No. That will only make her feel like she's drowning." She calmly said. "Well what are we gonna do?" Dennis asked.

"We first need to calm her down. Do you have something soft?" She asked. Dennis looked at her stupidly. "Celestia, we're on a bed..." He said blankly. "Right..." She said looking down. Dennis grabbed a blanket and the wrapped Luna in it. He then picked her up in his arms. "Its okay Luna, I'm right here." He said cradling her in his arms.

She slowly stopped kicked and calmed down. Dennis sighed in relief and sat down on the bed. He rocked her back and forth and then laid her down on the bed. He brushed her hair back and held her close. "I'm right here, I'm right here, I'm right here." He repeated over and over again.

She wrapped her fore hooves around him and rested her head on his chest. "Please... keep me away from her." She said. She was still asleep, so she was probably talking to someone in her dream. "Okay girls, go back to sleep..." He said lying down with Luna still in his arms.

Dennis woke up the next morning to hear Luna sobbing. He looked at her and she was at the edge of the bed sobbing. Celestia and Cadence weren't in the room. Dennis sat next to her and wrapped his arm around her. "What's wrong Luna?" He asked.

She continued to sob. "I'm so sorry..." She replied. Dennis opened his mouth to speak but Luna continued. "... for this..." She continued.

Dennis' eyes widened as he watched his Luna slowly turned into Nightmare Moon. Dennis watched in horror as her horn glowed and she fired a beam. "AAAAHHHH!!!!" He screamed. He woke up still screaming waking up the girls. "Whats wrong Dad?" Luna asked.

Dennis was a little slightly startled by her voice, but she wasn't Nightmare Moon. Dennis quickly grabbed her and held her in a tight hug. She returned the hug and Dennis stroked her mane. "I had nightmare of losing you, I don't want to lose any of you. I love you all." Celestia and Cadence walked over to him and hugged him. "We love you too." Luna replied hugging him tightly.

"Pancakes?" Dennis asked smiling. They giggled and walked out to the kitchen. Dennis made them some pancakes and then went to the bathroom to take a shower. He dried off and put on a fresh pair of clothes. He walked out of the bathroom and saw them still sitting at the table.

"Something wrong?" He asked.

He walked over to the table and sat next to Luna. "Was this about your dream Luna?" He asked. A tear rolled down her eye and nodded. Dennis pulled her into a hug. "Its okay, we can talk about it if you want to." He said.

She sniffled and looked up at him. "I saw this scary mare, and she said that she wanted you dead and tried to take over my body." She said sobbing, Dennis' eyes widened and he pulled her back into the hug and Luna buried her face into his chest.

"Its okay Luna, I'm right here. You don't need to worry about anything. I'm right here." He said trying to calm her down.

She wrapped her fore hooves around him and sobbed harder. "I love you, please don't leave us!" She shouted.

"It's okay Luna, I'm not going anywhere. I promise." He said hugging her tighter.

Celestia and Cadence walke dover to them and hugged Luna and Dennis. "I promise..." Dennis repeated.