• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 1,192 Views, 15 Comments

Rarity and the Thief - StormLuna



This story is about what happens once Rarity starts to offer credit at her boutique and the customers don't pay their bills on time.

  • ...
7
 15
 1,192

The Arrests

After a week of gambling in Las Pegasus Octavia returns home, in a very bad mood. She lost almost all her money playing poker and the little she didn't lose she had to use for the train ticket to get home. As bad as things went for her, she had another very unpleasant surprise waiting for her in Ponyville.

When she got back home she headed back to the room she practices in thinking to herself, "Well at least I still have my cello so I can play in concerts and make money."

When she got to her practice room and saw that her cello was missing, she shouted, "MY CELLO! WHAT THE HAY HAS HAPPENED TO MY CELLO!"

All of Ponyville could hear her screaming and yelling over her missing instrument. Cheerilee went over and knocked on her door and said, "Octavia, are you ok?"

Octavia replied, "NO, I'M NOT OK. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE.....oh, I'm sorry Miss Cheerilee, I didn't mean to yell at you. I am just so frustrated right now. I have had Rarity stalking me over the money I owe her, I go to Las Pegasus and lose everything and now my cello is missing." Octavia started to cry "Cheerilee, what am I going to do? My cello was the way I made my money, and now it's gone."

"Octavia," Cheerilee replied, "I would suggest you go to the police station and have them come over and see if they can find any clues as to who may have broke in and took it."

"Would you come with me?" asked Octavia, "I don't think I'm in any shape to go there myself."

Cheerilee told her that she would go with her to the police station as she knew how Octavia can get when she is really upset. She didn't want her hitting a police officer and then getting thrown in jail.

They finally arrive that the station and go in. "May I help you?" asked Officer Silver Shield

Octavia shouted, "MY CELLO IS MISSING. I GO OUT OF TOWN FOR A WEEK AND THEN I COME HOME TO DISCOVER THAT IT IS GONE. I NEED YOU TO FIND THE CROOK WHO STOLE IT."

Silver Shield repied, "Calm down Octavia. Miss Cheerilee, what are you doing here?"

Cheerilee replied, "I'm just here for moral support. I am her neighbor."

Silver Shield figured that he would first ask Cheerilee if she saw anything strange happening. She said that she saw nothing out of the ordinary going on over there or anywhere else in the neighborhood for that matter.

Silver Shield looked at Octavia and said, "Well we are going to have to go into your home and look for clues. Thieves usually leave behind clues. Let's go take a look."

"Ok. Thanks officer, I really appreciate this." replied Octavia

Silver Shield and Octavia headed over to her house and on their way they saw Spike and Twilight heading to Sugarcube Corner. Spike hid behind Twilight when he saw the officer. Twilight said, "Spike, why are you hiding behind me? It's just Silver Shield and Octavia. It's not like somepony is going crazy."

"Oh, I'm sorry Twilight. I thought I saw something." replied Spike

Octavia and the officer went into her home. The first room they went into was her living room. Silver Shield was looking around when suddenly he saw a dark purple claw on the floor.

"A-Ha! Our first clue. It appears to be the claw of a baby dragon. We can't just assume we know who did it with this one clue, we need to keep looking." said Silver Shield

They continued back to the room where she practices. Silver Shield looked up and noticed there was a nail in the wall and that there was a long strand of purple hair.

Silver Shield said, "Well Octavia, it looks like we might have two thieves here. I want to search the rest of your house to see if there are any other clues as to who may have done this."

"Be my guest officer, I want to catch whoever did this." replied Octavia

Silver Shield searched the rest of Octavia's house but found no other clues. He told Octavia that he needed to go back to the station and figure out for sure who left behind these clues. Once he got the station, he realized the only one who could have left the dragon claw was Spike and that the only pony with that color of hair and in that style was Rarity. So he went out to make his arrests.

He headed towards Sugarcube Corner, as he had seen them head that way before. Once he got in he was greeted by Applejack, "Howdy officer, what brings you over 'round these parts?"

Silver Shield replied, "I am looking for Spike the dragon."

"Spike?" asked Applejack, "He is over there by Pinkie Pie."

Officer Silver Shield went over to where Spike was and said, "Spike, you are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?"

Twilight jumps in, "Officer, why are you arresting Spike? Did he steal some gems from somepony?"

"I think he stole something, but it wasn't any gems." replied Silver Shield

He called for backup to hold Spike while he headed over to Rarity's Boutique. He entered her store and like she greets everypony else that goes into the store, she said, "Welcome to Rarity's Boutique, where everything is chic and unique."

"You're under arrest Rarity." said Silver Shield

"WHAT?" said a stunned Rarity, "What did I do?"

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?" said Silver Shield

Sweetie Belle comes running down the stairs asking the officer what was happening with her sister. The officer told her that he just needed to ask Rarity some questions.

"Wait officer, I need to grab the credit agreement that Octavia signed, that may be useful in the court proceedings." said Rarity

"I will grab it." said Silver Shield "This is something for me to handle, not the pony being charged with allegedly committing a crime. Also, I need to do a search of your boutique to see if an important piece of evidence is located here."

Officer Silver Shield searched the boutique from top to bottom and finally, he found what he was looking for in her inspiration room, Octavia's cello.

"Rarity, how did this get in your boutique? Did Octavia lend this to you or did you steal it?" asked Silver Shield

"I am going to exercise my right to remain silent." replied Rarity

Officer Silver Shield put the credit agreement in his saddle bag and they headed back to the station.

Officer Silver Shield and Rarity arrived at the police station to find Spike, Twilight and the other officer waiting in the back.

"Twilight, you really need to go out front and wait," said Silver Shield "it is against regulations for anypony else other than the suspects being questions are allowed."

"Fine." replied Twilight, "I would still like to know what Spike is being accused of."

Officer Silver Shield motioned for her to go out front and closed the door.

"Rarity, Spike, you two are being charged with breaking into Octavia Melody's house and stealing her cello. We have evidence that shows you two were at the scene of the crime while Octavia was out of town." said Silver Shield

"Oh, I don't know about that. You know, some things do just show up in different places, ha ha ha ha." said a nervous Rarity

"Yeah, what kind of evidence suggests this anyway officer?" said Spike

Officer Silver Shield brought out the bag of evidence and asked them if they knew of anyone else who has dark purple claws and purple hair styled exactly like Rarity's mane. They looked at him with scared looks on their faces.

"The facial expressions say it all." said Silver Shield "I am going to have to take you two up to Canterlot. You will be answering to Princess Luna for this as she is the judge for these sorts of matters."

He told his back up officer to let Octavia know that she needs to go to Canterlot as well, so she can tell Luna about what she came home to and the accounts of what happened while Officer Silver Shield was searching through her home.

On the way out towards the train station Twilight stopped the officer and said, "What are you doing with Spike and Rarity? Where are you taking them and what do you think they did?"

"I can not disclose that information Miss Sparkle. You may come to the court proceedings as well, since Spike is your assistant and Rarity is a friend of yours. The train leaves in ten minutes." replied Silver Shield

Officer Silver Shield kept Twilight and Octavia away from Spike and Rarity. The train ride up to Canterlot seemed to take forever for Spike and Rarity, as they knew they were in a world of trouble.