• Published 26th Jul 2013
  • 4,558 Views, 157 Comments

The Ultimate Evil - ChillDude78



Every story needs a good villain. That villain is you. Equestria has gone on for too long in peace and happiness. Now is the time to destroy and/or conquer this land. Now is the time for darkness, and misery. Now it is your time, Dark Lord.

  • ...
8
 157
 4,558

Traveler’s Charge: The First Choice

In the darkness, you can only feel cold, seeping through your very veins. Then you wake up.

You are lying on your back in a dark room. You can’t see anything the blackness is all around you. You rise to your feet and check your surroundings. All you see is endless black.

You feel calm, as if knowing this is not the end, merely the beginning.

Suddenly a white light shines behind you. You turn around to see a doorway; its features are blurry except for the vague outline of an entrance. You feel drawn to it, as if it is beckoning you to enter.

You walk forward toward the entrance, as you step, the temperature becomes warmer. You feel more comfortable, and at ease.

When you walk through the entrance, you feel a wave of power rush though your body. It causes you to pause in curiosity. What force is this; you push the thought to the back of your mind. There are more pressing matters at hand.

When you enter the new room, its features appear clearly. It is a small, white, round, room; centered on a small, black bowl atop a pillar that seams to connect to the floor of the cavern.

Suddenly you hear the entrance behind you slam shut. You turn around quickly to see no entrance. It looks as if there was no opening in the first place. You are now filled with curiosity as to the point of this room.

As you look around the room you notice that the walls seamed to be made of a mix of metal and, from what you can guess, some sort of exoskeleton. You reach out with an outstretched hand and touch the space where the door used to be. You jump back a little bit; the walls are cold to the touch.

“Greetings traveler.”

The sound of the voice makes you snap around to the source. What you find is surprising.

Standing on the other side of the room is a tall equine. It is a long, slender creature. With a light teal coat, and a long white mane with streaks of grey running through it. But unlike most horses you have seen she carries traits that are not familiar to most of her species. Folded neatly on her back are two, large, majestic wings. Holding many silky feathers. And atop her head stands a tall, spiraling horn, ending in a sharp point.

Another distinguishing feature is her eyes. They are almost completely blank save for two very light grey circles that from what you can tell form the irises. It almost appears as if she, you’ve identified the creature as a she from what you can tell by her lean figure, is blind.

That is, if she wasn’t staring at you.

You find it strange how this equine got in this room, there was no discernable entrance aside from the one that just closed. But she came in on the other side of the room. What made it even stranger was the fact that this creature just appeared out of no ware without any smoke, or explosion. She just sort of… arrived.

And you two were staring at each other.

“Welcome, to my home.” She says in a soft voice. Her voice reminds you of a leaf falling of a tree. Her speaking has awoken you from the trance and now you feel inclined to speak.

“Who are you?” you ask. Your voice resonates deeply within the chamber.

She smiles casually and stops looking at you. She then walks toward the bowl.

“I am the Watcher.” She says. This answer only raises more questions.

“What are you?” You ask, more specifically.

“I am the Watcher, I watch over all that was, is, and will be throughout the cosmos.” She says. You are satisfied, momentarily. You look around once again of your surroundings.

“Where am I?” you ask.

“My home, a place outside of existence. Far away from the nuisances of mortals.” She says.

“Why am I here?”

“You come bearing many questions traveler, there was once a time where I could be prone to answer them all, but alas, I can not waste anymore time. For time is a most precious thing.” She sighs. She looks down with her blind eyes in weariness, for a moment. Then she raises her head up to face the bowl

Suddenly her horn is encapsulated in a blue, sparkly, aura. Then the bowl suddenly loses its bottom, it opens up to reveal and endless space within its small confines. Then the room suddenly changes color from white to black and the light in the room fades away except for a growing light in the bowl.

This action startles you, but for only a moment, as you find yourself walking toward the bowl. The light then grows until it explodes into a collection of tiny lights. You realize that these little lights are stars, and you are staring at a small scale version of the universe.

This amazes you, you look up at the Watcher, who shows no emotion, she simply stares at you as she speaks.

“As the Watcher, traveler, it is my eternal duty to observe the universe from a distance and make sure that everything is in check. I must make sure that everything remains balanced, that everything is bound to the rule.” She says, her voice becoming more resonant and powerful.

“The rule?” you say

The equine smiles, “That every action, thought, or word spoken, has an equal but opposite reaction. This rule is what keeps the universe in balance. Every thing that ever happens, must have an opposite, whether it be in the same place, or thousands of lifetimes away, everything has an impact.” She says. As you listen to the Watcher’s words, you feel the awesome impact of how big the universe is, and small you must be. Yet according to the rule that the watcher is describing, you have an impact within this universe, even if you might not know it. You also understand just how powerful and grand this being before you really is.

“Then… why am I here?” you ask. If this being is so powerful, then why are you here?

“The rule must always be upheld, if one action does not have a resulting reaction, then the universe looses balance. There is a great imbalance in the universe. Behold.” She then motions with her great wings.

Suddenly the map begins to soar through countless planets, stars, nebulas, and asteroids.

“This imbalance was detected recently in this system. It is the greatest inequity I have ever beheld.” She says. The map suddenly zoomed in on a small planet near the middle of the universe. It is mostly blue with one large continent on it, but suddenly something struck your gaze. It is surrounded on two equal sides, by what looks to be a moon and a sun. Both smaller that the planet, and both at equal sizes.

“The world is known as Equis, the land upon it is known as Equestria. It is a place filled with many different creatures, most notably the ponies.”

The images turns into a view of equine creatures similar in appearance to the Watcher, but much smaller, and with physical differences.

“There are four types of these species. First: the Earth Pony. They are strong, resilient, and great builders of industry.”

“Second: the Pegasus. Pegasi are ponies with wings, they are fast, sturdy, and have the ability to control the weather of this world.”

“Third: the Unicorn. They have magical horns upon their heads, they are smart, well mannered, and powerful in the magical arts, some more than others.”

“Finally: The Alicorn. They are beings who posses the attributes of all ponies, they are powerful immortal beings who rule over the other ponies with kindness, fairness, and gentleness.” When she finishes the vision closes and returns to the planet view. You look back at the Watcher, wondering if the current from she is in is actually her own.

“Now hold still traveler, I will show you all there is to know about these creatures and this planet.” she said. Her horn began to glow.

Suddenly you feel a great swelling of information in your mind. You close your eyes what you see, is incredible.

The creation of the planet, the rise of the Alicorns, the battle against Discord, the founding of Equestria, the fall of Nightmare Moon, the rise of Ponyville, the return of Luna, and the many adventures of the Main Six.

All this information, all this history enters your mind and suddenly you open your eyes. It’s breathtaking.

“Incredible…” You mumble. The Watcher’s face becomes stern.

“Indeed, but there is a great imbalance in this world, can you guess?” she asks.

It takes you a moment, but you realize the maning of the Watcher’s words.

“The harmony.” you say. The Watcher nods.

“It is through this harmony that Equestria has obtained a universal peace, there is no war, no strife, no prejudice, and no hatred. There is good, but no evil. There is order, but little chaos, not with the reformation of Discord anyway. The universe is not in balance, the rule must be upheld.” She says. You begin to understand what the Watcher is saying. With all this harmony and happiness, the scale of good and evil is tipped to one side, unequal.

“This world needs a force take tip back the scale, to restore the balance. It needs a champion of evil. The greatest Equestria has ever seen. Someone who bring this planet back into the proper course. That person, is you, traveler.”

This revelation shocks you.

“Me! Why not you?” you say.

“I am the Watcher, I only watch the universe and keep it in check, I cannot interfere with mortals.” She says.

“Then why me?” you ask.

The watcher shrugs. “Because the Great Spirits chose you.”

This revelation causes you to pause.

“The Great Spirits?” you ask.

“Beings of old, creators of the universe, the ones who charged me with my duty, as well as you with yours.” She says.

“But why?”

“Because they saw the potential within you for this task.”

“The potential to be evil… that’s charming.” You say with a tinge of sarcasm.

“Good and Evil exist within the universe, traveler. Not here, the Great Spirits do not think ill of you. Be grateful that they have singled you out from the rest.”

“Thanks… I guess.”

“Do not thank me, I had nothing to do with your choosing, I am merely the one who is to give you this mission.”

“What if I refused?”

“You can’t.” she said. An awkward silence fell upon the two of you. After a moment, you sighed and gave in.

“Alright I accept.” You say.

“Your acceptance was never a part of this charge, but it will definitely make things easier.” The Watcher says.

“Gee thanks.” You say.

“Now pay attention.” She says. The Watcher flexed her wings once again and the view of Equis zoomed out till it was about the size of a marble on the map.

“We great beings cannot interfere with the mortals directly, however this is enough. I will send you down to Equis to begin, you are to become the most evil, powerful, and dangerous threat Equestria has ever faced or will face ever again. However you are allowed to chose the path in which you take.” She explains

“What do you mean?” you say.

“You are given three choices on the details of your background.” As she explains this to you, three glowing balls float up from the bowl and hang over the mini planet. One red, one yellow, and one blue.

“Choose the red orb.” She says. “And you will become a ancient enemy from Equestria’s Past. A fallen god who once rose against the Alicorns, but was defeated. You shall return for vengeance against the Princesses, and claim the mantle as Equestria’s sole god king.”

“Interesting.” You say.

“However if you choose the yellow orb. You shall become an enemy of Equestria’s Present. A citizen of Equestria, tired of the rule of the Princesses and wishing for your own power. You would become the greatest terrorist in Equestria. Your spread of fear would be legendary.”

“Fascinating.” You say.

“Of course, if you select the blue orb. You shall become a extraterrestrial threat of Equestria, possessing technologies and powers of the Future. You would be an alien conqueror bent on claiming Equestria as your new prize. Your arrival will be unexpected to the ponies, a great advantage.”

“Remarkable.” You say.

“Now choose, traveler. Now is the time of choice. Past, Present, or Future. Choose…”

Author's Note:

Well you heard the lady! Now choose in the comments. Past, Present, or Future. The timeframe with the most comments wins! By the way, this is my first FIMFiction, and I hope you like it. Feedback and support is also encouraged in the comments. Constructive criticism is also nice. Be aware though, this is not the only time you guys get to choose what happens though. Next chapter will have three more choices, depending on your comments in this chapter. Thanks and don’t forget to favorite! :D

EDIT: The Choice for this chapter has already been made. Just hope that your's got picked in the next chapter. Thanks for reading!