• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 1,107 Views, 13 Comments

Macintosh and Dolphin - The Switch - Electuroo



Two lives from two complete different worlds will put to the test more then one way as a magical orb switches tw souls through and beyond reality

  • ...
24
 13
 1,107

Chapter 7: The Twiosmicstar Forest

Macintosh and Dolphin – The Switch(MLP)
Chapter 7: The Twiosmicstar Forest...

A hang-glider sails over the massive forest that was a beauty from the sky, the dark green leaves blowing the air, the man on his glider taking pictures of the forest from the air, the small gorge ridges within the woodland could be seen with the flow of a small river into a small pond like lake area close to the small gorge a tourist sight of heaven seeing the beauty of the nature.

Big Macintosh walked along aside Hazel through the housing estate up to the forest entrance by the residential area, he could see the shop she spoke of. He came up it looking at the little figures of different type of wild animals that seem to be native to the UK including by a set of postcards on a twirling stand of different parts of the forest he saw just to his right.

Hazel stood by the entrance seeing Big Mac look at all the items on the front stands she could easily see her brother as he usually would scan different items to think about buying but very carefully not to since there hardly room left in the house for anything else. “Hey bro why don't we get something to eat inside before going into the forest?”

Big Mac turn to Hazel holding one of the little fox figures and placed it back down “Ok” they step inside and for him he was seeing to his left a long table with five tills with two people on them and to his right was six isles of different items that was sold, he walked with Hazel seeing on the first isle having baked goods from bread to cakes, cookies and some other stuff, he noticed on the right against the wall was magazines.

He saw next was a small freezer of ice cream and lollies then ready made sandwiches the shop had almost everything all in one, the other isles had tin food, animal food, frozen foods to be cooked and even fruit and veg, he took a red apple from the shelf seeing the UK flag mark on it. “What does this mark mean?”

“Oh that it the flag of the UK, you know the country we live it, that sticker says it grown and picked here in the UK from one of those orchards” Hazel pulled out her purse “Come on bro, I'd get you that apple and we can take a walk into the forest”

Big Macintosh gave her the apple and she took a two bottles of apple juice as well going to the till paying it with paper money he stared at the cash with confusion the money he knew of was with coins called Bits, he noticed also some coins was giving back to her each seem to be different shapes and sizes. “Is that the type of money used here?” he asked with wonder

“Yeah it is bro” she took the bag of items “Thank you”

“Your welcome miss and hope you have a great day in the woods today, it sure be cooler then in here” the lady at the counter said “But better then two days ago”

“Tell me about it” Hazel chuckled and they left as some people entered to get their food.

Big Mac ate some of the apple looking to the entrance of the forest he noticed two men standing at either side of the a arch saying 'Welcome to Twiosmicstar Forest' he noticed the guards had black shoes and trousers wearing a red coat with the biggest and longest black fluffy hats he ever seen and both men standing and staring right out into seem nothingness holding what look like some sort of weapon. “Erm... are those royal guards?”

“Yep there sure are bro, they more like a symbol of the British being the guards of the royalty and such, they stationed them at the forest main entrance for the last fifty or so years now after Queen Elizabeth the Second made it official that the forest is now a protective heritage for many generations to come” Hazel replied walking up one waving her had in front of him “One we can't touch them but another thing they never move, smile or anything, they always look that serious” she came back to him. “It strange telling you all this you know?”

“Yes it would be” 'Not for me since ah never saw such a strange outfit for guards, ah'm saw the pegasus guards that Princess Celestia had but never thought the queen keep some of her guards all the way from the palace for a forest...'

“Come on bro I think you will find this interesting” they walk by as some people with a whole bunch of kids walked by them with the boys and girls in two by two line talking to each other and showing their drawings to each other about the forest. “Hi Miss Edwin another trip with the kids I see?”

“Yes Hazel and good to see you again, sorry I can't stay and chat, we got to get the kids on the bus and back to school” the teacher replied and leaves with Hazel waving her hand to them.

Big Macintosh watched them all get on a very large metal machine with wheels that he guess was the bus and hearing the sound of the engine come to life it reverses out of the large carpark driving off down the road. “Bro this is the map”

He came to the large display case showing a map of the forest it was huge.

Twiosmistar Forest
Size: 6.5 sq miles
Founding: 1621
Protected by the Crown

“The forest is over 400 years old in the record books but many believe it far older and been around since all the way back beyond 1000AD. No one really can determine it age but it ancient historic site though” Hazel turn to him “You told me all this when you first took me here” she smirked “Now I get to tell you it”

“Yep” he saw a small red button and pushed it.

“Twiosmistar Forest... this ancient woodland was once upon a time far larger then it is today, due to the effects of demands of wood for the latter part of the 14th and 16th century it was led to believe that the trees was cut down to create forts and homes quickly reducing the size of the forest for also farming” a display on a small screen showing the size of the forest shrinking to the shape it was today and Big Macintosh found it strange the shape of the forest if made it round would look like a crescent moon with a unicorn to the left of it with the gorge marking out the lines of it with some clearing.

“In 1951 in the need for homes New Town was built” another image shows the town growing “By 1962 the crown order of the Queen made it a sanctuary of beauty and wonder stopping development for cutting down this ancient woodland being smaller to Epping Forest this histrionic landscape has also it far share of stories from woodland horrors, mysterious and wonders with a many from far and wide exploring the Twiosmistar woodland. May your visit to the woodland be a wondrous and magical experience...”

Big Macintosh noticed the footpath was huge but also there was a area marked for bikers to ride as he saw some ride by or going into the forest. Without saying anything he walks to it with Hazel walking alongside him as they got deeper into it he turn to the entrance the trees been cut back a little into a arch or tunnel but what made him feel strange was the sudden coolness of the area even with the sun light coming through gaps in the tree line. “Cold isn't it?”

“Yep it is...” he walking with her down the path seeing benches every so often with bins, there was park keepers there too picking up litter or doing some pruning of some bushes or tending to flowers that grew in the chilly felt woodland. He saw lamps every so often as well which mean the paths was lit up, they came up to different paths leading else where but with massive signs with cycling with a cross through the person a bike. “Are some of these paths off limits to these bikes?”

“They sure are Wayne, it a safety reason for those that walk those paths, this main path we on leave around the lake or pond whatever you like to call the bloody thing and out the other side, it was the only main path created to go through the main part of the woodland, it would take us roughly two hours to walk through it to the otherside, but there a shop half way there in the open field part with that amazing gorge and lake, it would take us about a hour to walk there if you don't mind the walk bro” she explained about the distance and how far it was to walk.

Big Macintosh thought about it “Ok lets do it”

“Right lets go!” she waved her hand in the direction of the large foot/cycle path and they started to walk again.

After walking for quite some time Big Mac was looking around with wonder and amazement, this forest was huge but the feel of it and sight was to be beyond a doubt beautiful. He even saw what look like a large wooden bridge kept in good condition over parts of the gorge that they was close to seeing people standing on it taking photos or pointing to the wildlife in the small river flowing under it.

Soon the clearing came to view seeing the building she spoke of but he did take note of the one toilet felicities that past on the way. But the shop looked like was a old house from the look of things compared to the buildings he seen, Big Macintosh noticed many families sitting together on the field enjoying the day with a safety barrier along the gorge that was in plan sight but what caught he eyes was a large ruins that seem to be some form of palace of castle that had more of it going up hill slightly with trees and plants growing all over it.

“Is there a history to those ruins? Hazel”

“Sure is Wayne” Hazel step up to it with Big Mac standing by the gorge barrier seeing some people take photos of the ruins “It offlimits to everyone cause of it age and the fact there a lot of mystery to it, no one knows it real age but believe to be built by a powerful man, he was the lord of the land to what some believe but no one really knew what he name was or why build a castle in the middle of the forest specially here near this clearing. But most things we heard it older then the name of the forest”

“What exactly happened to it?”

“Well from what you told me I believe you said that the lord of the castle was nocturnal and never awake during the day but was a kind of gentle soul that was turned on by his people and they razed the castle to the ground and what was left was this, it surprising how much of it still intact but some people he had the power of magic through his hands and able to call upon the night for strength, it all myth and legends with no real evidence to say other wise, since it a protected site, no one can enter it without being sent to jail” Hazel explained to him. “Pretty neat forest isn't it?”

“Yep and full of history too”

“That is for sure bro, come on lets get a bite to eat in the café before heading back” he nods to her recalling that he eaten the apple and drunk the drink already since it was a nice day and the sun was starting to set with the mix of colours coming, he wondered if the Queen was lowering the sun and rising the Moon if she was royalty.

“This might be strange to hear but how are the sun and moon controlled?”

Hazel looked at him weirdly “Erm it not... I guess you forgot that too” she tapping her finger on his forehead reaching up at it since he was over a head taller then her. “The Earth moves around the sun and spins while the moon moves around the Earth, it all to do with gravity and motion bro, I will show you when we get home, but think of everything in a manner of speaking as a big Everfree Forest, we guild plants to grow but mostly they grow by themselves, animals mostly are wild and take care of themselves like foxes and such and the weather can not be controlled or mother nature has a way of fighting back, trust me you wouldn't like to see what happens when man meddles with the weather”

He stared at her with surprise “The Earth is one big Everfree forest?” she nods “that certainly something I didn't expect”

“Wow your brain must be really rattled up to think Earth to be like the world Equestria in, make sense that some of your memoirs still there is of the show, you loved the magic and mysterious of that world, that why you created so many stories and drawings” Hazel put her hand on his back “Come on bro let get a bite to eat and I will show you some pictures on my iPad” she pulled it out of her bag with the other hand. “Is that cool with ya?”

“Yep” 'Mah sister never going to believe how crazy this world is... no weather control or making, sun and moon works on it own, animals mostly wild and plants mostly grow on their own without help. For sure a big Everfree forest yet ah bet it has it dangers too...' He turn his head back to the castle ruins again with wonder of what this world could really throw at him and what else he needed to know but one thing for sure he wanted back into his own life and body...

Through out the rest of the day Big Mac learned a lot about the Earth and how many rules with regulations made things to be a massive headache rubbing the still bandaged head, he also learned that the forest shape looking like a moon and unicorn was not intention and really noticed after season one of MLP Generation four beginning episodes.

He also learned about the Grand Oak, being the oldest and largest tree in the forest that sat just under a mile away from the ruins and towered over many other trees for it size, he never expected that the tree was not only old but still full of such life with it branches hanging over a great deal of it area, the tree of a piece of what nature had to show.

They soon arrived back home with the sun complete set and the night sky with all the stars out with the moon full with a illuminating light “About time you two got home, I was starting to worry since Wayne can't hardly remember a thing” Michelle said seeing them both step into the house grilling her daughter “But did you have fun?”

“Yep”

“He sure did mum”

“That good, why don't you run yourself a bath and take those bandages off, there plenty of hot water in the tank” Michelle said to Big Macintosh

He was unsure by this and didn't say anything taking the footwear off he went upstairs finding the bath room but he noticed a set of clothing sat on the side on a box, he look to the note “here is your nightware” he whispered and guess it was Wayne's mother, he turn to the door and locked it now he turn to the tub before him “Knobs” he whispered seeing the way the water was run and saw the plug, he put it in and started running the hot water.

'Ah guessing with the lock on the door they rather bave and clean in private... this is going to be strange... ah'm not even sure how to clean myself with these stuff' he took a look at the bottles left out, one saying shower gel and another saying face wash and finally another saying shampoo. 'Ah guess this what Wayne uses... ah'm wonder if he figure out how to run the bath in mah house and lack of locks, since ponies got nothing to hide unlike humans but when the door is shut they know it in use and mah sisters and Granny Smith always knock... one reason ah want to return home... humans just very weird...'