• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 1,107 Views, 13 Comments

Macintosh and Dolphin - The Switch - Electuroo



Two lives from two complete different worlds will put to the test more then one way as a magical orb switches tw souls through and beyond reality

  • ...
24
 13
 1,107

Chapter 17: Winter Wonderland

Macintosh and Dolphin – The Switch
Chapter 17: Winter Wonderland

It was only mid November and the weather had quickly changed over the UK, only about a few months ago people would never expected a snow storm but the weather quickly changed within a week with snow fall almost everywhere in the UK bring many transports to a grinding halt due to the heavy snow fall.

Big Mac stepping through the snow from the greenhouse head back to the house with each hoof sinking into the snow as he walked. He choose to sleep in the greenhouse since it was very warm, but the mistake came when the only way back was across the snow. “Strange weather we havin'” he look to the sky seeing it was pretty cloudy with fresh snow falling. “Never get use to the fact, here the weather isn't controlled” he whispered and step up to the house porch tapping his hooves with the snow falling off them.

The door opened meeting the face of Hazel “Morning bro” she smiled “I was about to come over to get ya”

Big Mac look at her “Ya let the spell run out but ya had two more days...”

“No morning to your sister?” she put her hands on her hips

“Morning” he grinned sheepishly “Now about ya”

Hazel sighed “I had enough of it to be truthful and wanted to see if I was right” she look over herself “And I was, it feels kind of strange being a pony for almost two weeks but heck I had fun, just glad to be back to normal”

Big Mac walks in and close the door behind him before all the heat in the house escaped. “Morning Wayne” Michelle smirked then said “Or should I saw Big Macintosh” he jaw just drop with shock with his eyes shrunk “Don't give me that look mister, I figured it out by myself just this morning” she tap his snout “But I wouldn't if you didn't seem to fit too well with being what you are son”

Big Mac put a hoof on his snout and then lower it “Ah guess so”

“Well Nigel haven't figured it out so your secret safe till he does, plus he not here for the next few weeks” Michelle went to the dining room sitting at the table with Hazel. Big Mac joined them and recalled that Nigel was with his girlfriend in the USA at the moment. “Hazel already explained to me why you two never told me this and I very much understand and still glad to call you my son even your not really are.” She put a hand on his side of the neck with a warm smile. “So if you wish to keep this magic over you to keep working till Wayne returns to his own body I don't mind”

Big Mac took in all what she said and it made him feel very strange inside, he felt this when his true mother cared for him before she and his father was lost... the feeling of a caring parent... “Thank ya... ma”

“No need to son, you done a lot for this family, since you've been in Wayne's body... it would be better if Wayne did it Big Mac but I bet he done things that you never did.” Big Mac looked at her and knew that would be the case. “So I heard you talked to him a about a month or so ago in a dream”

“Eeyup” he ate some of his breakfast at the table

Michelle felt happy that Wayne was ok even it been a long time “So this was all done by some orb two months ago?”

“Eeyup”

“And you been living Wayne's life best as you could?”

“Eeyup”

“And your happy to be part of another family?”

“Eeyup”

“And you spent £50 just trying to be Lucky on Euro Millions?”

“Eeyup”

“Are you 28?”

“Eeyup”

“Will you give us a slay ride through the forest?”

“Eeyup...” he paused and stare at her “What?”

Hazel chuckled “Oh mum you got him” she drunk some of her juice

Michelle drunk some of her tea with a crafty smile “Thank you son”

He facehoofed himself and laughter came from the other two. “Ah should of saw that comin'”

Michelle ate some toast with Hazel pulling out a map from her pocket and unfolding it “We going here” she points to the map “We going to the island, the freezing cold weather froze the lake over, I been over it already and plot the best path for us to cross”

“Ya sure it safe to cross?”

“Of course yesterday I was all hoofed and crossed it safely, so two girls ice skating and a stallion sliding on his hooves should be fine and with the forest close to the public today it the best chance we got.” Hazel said not telling him that she arranged it with Matthew the General that based in a secret base in London.

Michelle turn to Hazel “I heard of that, you know Hazel we can get in trouble”

Hazel shrugged “Not my fault our home borders the forest to the south side and have our own private entrance into the woodland”

Big Mac listen to this and had to agree “With private access that would mean we have free access to areas that are not being sorted out by the government”

“The gritters and such? It make sense” Michelle replied and they went on to eat their breakfast at the table.

A little later Big Macintosh strap into the harness to the slay seeing Michelle and Hazel get on wearing very warm clothing, boots and gloves with the ice skates in the cargo part of the sled. Big Mac wearing a scarf around his neck and over part of the work collar and a woolly hat over his head and ears. “Are y'all girls ready?”

Michelle felt a little unsure “I don't know... this is the first time I been on something like this and well never been pulled by my son turn pony either”

“Think of it this way mum, it a whole new experience” Hazel said with amusement in her voice “Right bro ready when you are!”

Michelle took a grip of the sides as Big Mac started to pull the sled across the snow towards the Twiosmicstar Forest “I heard of sons pulling their weight around but this is ridiculous!” Michelle spoke out loud “Wayne... Big Mac... gah this is stupid can I just call you Wayne...”

“Eeyup.” she sighed hearing him reply as they cross the open gate into the path leading into the forest with the leaves all gone now the trees looked very beautiful with snow on the tops of the branches with the clouds breaking up a little with sun light shining through the clouds. “Amazing...” Big Mac spoke seeing the large tree in the distance seeing men and women working on the tree cutting down some of the thin out branches.

Hazel waved and called out “Hello! How the view!?”

One of the men look down seeing the two women being pulled by a red large pony through the snow towards the lake the others stop and smiled seeing this knowing they came from the orchard to the south of the forest “Morning to you miss and it great! With the sun out it really gives meaning to magic in the air!”

“Cool!” Hazel replied as Big mac came to a slow as they came up to the massive tree trunk looking right up to it with a smirk and salute with his hoof

“Good mornin' y'all” he then trots away pulling the sled with Michelle and Hazel waving to the men and women.

One of the women look to her tea then back at one of them “Was it mean or...”

“Nope it not the tea, I heard it too that pony talked...” the man replied holding a hacksaw as he was cutting a loose branch.

“Do you think we should report this in?” another spoke

The women frown at him “Right... a dozen people working high and low on the Grand Oak hear and see a red pony with a green apple mark on it rump speak... do you think our boss will believe us?”

“No” a group of them said and just went back to work.

She put a hand to her ear piece “General Big Mac is heading to the lake just as you said” she whispered under the sound of one of the machines in use. “Also covered his rump with a few words to my co-workers”

“Good keep up to good work”

“Will do sir” she smirked and went back to working on the tree with the rest of the team.

Michelle look to the red pony “I think you've spooked them”

“Nnope”

Hazel chuckled “No one would believe them anyway”

“How so?” Michelle asked as Big Mac entered the clearing towards the lake trotting through the snow as it wasn't as deep since the gentle winds was drifting it into piles by tree lines.

Big Mac know that answer “Ah believe she means that twelve workers in a tree would be a prank or somethin'. Is that correct Hazel?”

“Right you are bro” Hazel said and saw the lake coming into view “There it is!” she points to the island

Michelle could see the trees everyone calls Christmas Trees “So we ice skating across to a frozen island?”

“And there something awesome there, I found it yesterday and got to show you two” Hazel beamed as Big Mac came to a stop and she got out of the sled and help Michelle out while Big Mac unhooked himself for it. “Bro why don't you see if it will hold your weight” she joked

Big Mac frowned at her “Ya just..”

“Kidding bro”

Big Mac put a hoof to his head “Ah should of knew that was a joke...”

“Some things never change between two people huh?” Michelle chuckled

“Hmm?”

“You and... Wayne... you know you two” she spoke and sighed. “This is getting really stupid I can't even make sense of what I am saying with you now” she chuckled lightly. “What I am saying you two can't see a joke unless it slap you in the face”

Big Mac nods “Ah understand ah think”

Hazel and Michelle put their skates on and got onto the ice with Big Mac walking on to it and using his weight of the hooves he slid across it along side them skating with his hooves across the ice, he could feel the cold through them but he handle it. “I see someone knows how to skate” Michelle said looking to the earth pony.

“Ah took some lessons from Pinkie Pie when she first moved into Ponyville, she quite the talker and really wanted to do her part for winter wrap up” Big Mac replied

“Oh the season changing thing you ponies do, that pretty awesome” Hazel beamed

“Eeyup”

“I bet you look forward to that next year”

“Eeyup

Hazel felt a kick in her stomach when he said that, she knew there was a chance that he never see a next year “That cool...” her tone seem to be off and Big Mac noticed it but choose to wait to ask what the matter as they continued to skate across the thick lake ice to the island.

They arrived at the island with Hazel and Michelle switching skates for boots they all stood before the snow covered path that lead into the small island. “Come on this way” Hazel went off the path instantly heading towards the rock out crop that stuck out on the island.

Michelle sighed “We better catch up to her, no telling what will happen if we lose sight of her”

“Eeyup” they follow her through the trees walking and taking in the view, the large tree could be seen in the distance as it was the landmark for New Town that could be seen for up to ten miles away in any direction depending on buildings and hills. “Ah never thought winter could be so lovely” he whispered looking at the beauty of the trees cased in snow and ice. “This world is sure different to mine in many ways”

“And same with yours I bet” Michelle replied walking alongside him. “Son you really done a lot and want to thank you for it” she put her gloved hand on his back. “Still you should of told the truth right away” she clip him with her hand on the back of the head. “I don't like being lied to by my children no matter how old or from some other world”

Big Mac raising his front hoof walking on the other three rubbed his back of the head “Ah understand ma...”

“Good” she replied and they walked around the rock cropping to see a large hole in the ground it was about 100 meters across but hidden by rocks from the south to the west and partly north with bushes and trees on the other side, even with all the leaves gone it would be hard to make out unless you was in the air. “This is the Twiosmicstar Cavern... this area is made off limits to all... Hazel get back here now!”

Hazel stood by the rocks pulled a loose one across showing a passage way “Why Mum?” she called back

“Because being here young lady itself is a crime”

“What?” Big Macintosh look really startled by this new news. “Hazel ah think ma right we should leave”

Hazel chuckled “Nah not when you know someone high up” she chuckled and points behind them

Michelle turn and gasped seeing man in uniform “Oh shi...”

“Miss” he cuts her off instantly. “It a pleasure to meet you Michelle Dolphin and this must be your son Wayne or should I say Big Macintosh” they both gasped. “I am Matthew and work for the Queen directly and knew about your son differences from almost the get go”

Michelle looked really anger “You mean spying...” she then punched him in the face and knocked him to the ground “Officer or not no one spies on my family!” she yelled at him with a closed fist ready to strike again

“Wow...” Big Macintosh only could say with Hazel laughing.

“I told you Matthew that would happen” Hazel chuckled. “I found out him by my own means so in return to keep both mouths shut he allowed us access to this off limits area and complete access to the forest at our own choosing even on days it closed to the public”

Michelle turn to Hazel then back to Matthew getting up holding his jaw a little feeling the pain from it “Good” she turns and head over to Hazel

“That went better then I thought it” Matthew rubbing his jaw a little. “So Big Mac how Earth been?”

“Different in many ways but ya sneaking around will end here ya get it!” He put a hoof against the generals chest “Ah will protect mah family from those that spy on others or take advantage” Big Mac said in a serious tone.

“You got it big man, seriously the fused costume thing that going on with you is pretty amazing since you get to live like you always had through out your life, and also like to say I am a big fan of yours” Matthew smirked and put a hand out closing it into a fist “Hoofbump or Brohoof?”

Big Mac rolled his eyes “Fine” he place his hoof on the generals fist and turn away heading up to the entrance that was reviled

Matthew smirked “This is going to be interesting.” He follows them into the entrance which was a cave like path way with lights hanging on the wall lighting the way with stone steps echoing from shoes and hooves with each step they took as it spiral around.

Soon they came into a large open cavern with the sound and sight of hot steamy water coming out of a shaft to their right into a waterfall and hitting into a lake then going further into the caves but what caught their eyes was a single large white rose in the middle of the island seeing snow falling from above from the opening above.

“As you can see there is what you call magic in our world but it rare and most of all usually the most beautiful thing you will ever see” Matthew said walking onto the bridge onto the small island. “We study this rose from the day it grows, bloom and dies, each year it a different cycle depending on the weather and with snow falling it bloomed early this year”

Big Mac saw the sparkling light from the rose peddles he never seen any plant like this look so pure with the feeling of magic through his being as feeling it being a Earth Pony by nature he felt it internal magic. “Ah can feel it purity...”

They all look to him “Wayne?”

“Ah don't know if this might make sense by being a Earth Pony by nature ah can feel thin's about plants and such that no unicorn or pegasus can feel, ah can feel through mah being this rose is pure... it amazing and blissful feelin' ah ever felt...” Big Macintosh eyes watering a little feeling at peace. “Ah'm glad ya humans never disturbed this natural beauty...”

Matthew sat on the bench looking at the rose “That why it off limits to the public and why there a set of royal marines stationed on the island at all times”

“The SAS right?” Matthew nods. “Thought so...” Michelle said looking at the rose with arms crossed “It almost as if it watching us...” she smiled “So this is the term we used for a winter wonderland hmm?”

“Indeed ma'am, you are the first in public eyes to see this rose for it beauty... we wish to share this to the world but there so many out there that would destroy this poor pure thing for studies, money and something to keep as a prized item that is rarer then gold... This is why you three have to promise to never tell of this place” Matthew looked over to them.

Big Mac sitting right close to it and looking up slightly being how big it is just sat quietly without a word from his mouth with a smile, he put a hoof to it gentle and pulled away sitting content in looking to the white rose as it sparkled.

“We promise” Michelle replied “But I don't think you will get much sense from my son for quite some time.” She smiled seeing how out of world he looked as he just sat there on his rump. “This be truly a day he will never forget but he would most likely tell his own family in the other world though”

“I expected as much but since crossing worlds is next to impossible for us I don't see in any harm of him letting his own family know.” Matthew replied as Hazel stood by the red stallion with a hand on his back looking to the large winter flower. “Kind of reminds me of that animation that was made so long ago... Snowdrop”

Big Mac heard him say that name and kept his smile going 'Ah know of that tale, the tale of first winters snow flake... the flake that Snowdrop made over 1000 years ago, ah remember those tales when ah was a small colt when ma spoke of those tales... ma... pa... y'all be proud of me, mah sisters and granny... and of the family ah gained... this is truly a moment of clarity... a feeling ah will never forget... Snowdrop where ever y'all are ah hope this white rose make ya smile as much as it did for me today.'

Hazel saw how happy he was she gave him the best present any new sister could give a new brother but she turn to the rose and felt sadness in her heart 'Only a week to go... I have to tell him the truth I can't lie to him about this... no sir ree... I have to tell him what going to happen... I must... and I will...'