• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 1,108 Views, 13 Comments

Macintosh and Dolphin - The Switch - Electuroo



Two lives from two complete different worlds will put to the test more then one way as a magical orb switches tw souls through and beyond reality

  • ...
24
 13
 1,108

Chapter 2: The wild wakeup...

Macintosh and Dolphin (MLP)
Chapter 2: The wild wakeup...

Voices was coming back to Big Macintosh he started to remember what happened too, the strange orb that he held with his hooves flung him head first into the Apple Cart smashing it mostly to pieces, he still had hardly any real vision but he felt wrong instantly, something didn't feel right as singles to his brain to the body seem completely alien to the feeling he felt...

“Is the equipment working?” a male voice spoke and the vision that Big Mac could just barely see was strange, it was hard to make out but the white jacket he could see was something a doctor would wear.

The nurse spoke next but still his sight couldn't make them out “Yes doctor, for the first time nothing is broken... but how can he only have a seriously blow to the head and not have anything broken?”

“I don't have a clue... the explosion that was witnessed should of led to almost certain death but there no sign of a single broken bone, cut part from the back of the head... very lucky indeed” the doctor looked at the charts again and noticed Big Mac was awake staring at him blinking still. “Well Wayne Dolphin it seem you've got off very lucky”

When his vision cleared with confusion in his eyes he realised the beings in front wasn't ponies and the dark skin doctor with black short mane but no fur on the face with a shortest snout he ever seen and the nurse was pale pinkish skin but slightly brown on the arms which made him a little confused, she had fire red hair and wearing a green set of trousers with a white top.

“So how do you feel?” the doctor asked...

Outside the ward a few doctors was walking about wheeling a patient to be x-ray. All the sudden the doctor checking on Big Mac came stumbling backwards through the door, he fell against the wall with Big Mac in the hospital gown stumbling out trying to get the workings of this strange body he was in. He looked at the pale skin hand he had flexing the fingers and thumbs with fear in, he had no idea what he was but he knew he had to get out of there.

'Ah need to find mah sister Applejack...' he thought looking to his right then left he felt two people got hold of him.

“Sir calm down we trying to help, your going to hurt yourself if you don't stop panicking!” one of them said and two more doctors was coming to the aid of the others struggling to hold him as Big Mac was finding the strength to fight back, he jump off his feet and gives the two coming from behind a massive rear kick in the chest, sending both of them flying off their feet onto the ground on their backs.

The other two couldn't hold him as he did this and fell forwards with him, Big Mac took his chance pushing off whatever he had instead of front hooves and stumbling as he tried to run on all fours but pushing up on his legs the body seem to by for standing on two, finding it strange and confusing he fell and got back up with the others getting up from their blow and yelling out to him.

Pushing past so many strange beings he never saw in his life the panicking stallion turn strange being soon found a sign saying EXIT and pushing it open he found he was standing outside in a down pour of rain with flashes of lightning high above him, the cold cool rain splashing on his short mane and face was real enough, he legs was strange as he stumbled a little outside more looking around at the tall buildings in the distance the sound of metal machines moving by with more of the strange creatures driving them.

He noticed that the colour was not as it been seen, the land looked full of life with trees, grass, flowers, pavement, buildings and the clouds seem to be very high up and moving on their own as he could see the lightning streaming across the clouds with some striking near by causing rumbles of thunder.

Breathing heavy and the heart racing he glanced at his body for the first time seeing it was tall for one thing and had a crazy short snout he stared at a reflection in a small mirror of one of the metal machines seeing it wasn't the red stallion with the light gamboge mane and tail, lack of one with the pale wet skin with short dark brown hair and the eyes was smaller then a ponies but the shock in the brown eyes was present, he wasn't him anymore or rather something else.

Big Mac stood against the wall sliding into a sitting position that was different to a pony for sure with his new strange whatever they was resting on the knees head lowered dripping with water from the rain, the sound of the thunder could be clearly be heard then a voice came.

“Wayne...” he turn his head to a lady with semi grey hair and look like age was getting to her but the brown was still in some of the hair. “It me your mum...” he saw her hand reach out but he didn't budge.

“Don't you remember me...” he shook his head “Oh my boy...” she sat in front of him in the rain, she was wearing a coat with blue items over her lower half and white foot wear realising he was wearing nothing on his but why would he.

“Don't you remember anything? This is your brother Nigel and your Sister Hazel...” she points out to the two standing by the car getting soaked from the rain, the man was with ginger hair with a strong body build to him wearing what seem to be a uniform with a yellow vest over it and the other was a young lady with brown hair like his and being about the same height as the mother wearing similar clothing.

He shook his head again with a “Nope...” he was confused it was suppose to be 'nnope' but it came out as a simple 'nope'.

“Please trust me... come inside from the rain and let the doctors help you Wayne” she put her hand out to him again.

He looked to doctors and nurses standing by the emergency exit. “Yep...” he cringed again the words not his own or the voice it was as if the sentence changed when he spoke it but in his mind he wanted to say 'eeyup' but he reached out his own new strange hand placing it on hers, she got up helping him up onto his hind legs or legs now... stumbling a little and unable to function now he was supported by the family he didn't know yet they knew him and calling him by the name of 'Wayne...' was this somepony else he was in or was his life a dream?

Slowly they walked him into the exit and back into the Hospital with the doctors and nurses giving them room to move and allowing this to happen since he was surly frighten looking at them with a bit of fear as the soaked four walked through the hallway dripping with water as the exit was closed by a doctor whom stared out to the storm for a second and the door closes.

Inside back in the bed he was dried off and given a new set of hospital gown and other clothing he never even seen or wore before, the body was alien too but he knew his was male still but very strange and see why they wore this things, the skin alone wouldn't protect them from elements of weather like a pony would, he was worried for his sisters and grandma... he was taken away from them and thrown to some crazy two legged world which the creatures walked on two feet and had hands which he found out after asking his 'sister' Hazel.

He heard talking from behind the curtains by this suppose to be mother and the doctor, she was very aggressive with the questions she threw at the man, Big Mac could understand why from hearing this. “What the hell wrong with Wayne!? I never seen him look so scared and unfamiliar with everything around him in his life!”

“Miss please remain calm, we haven't completed all the tests, specially the neurological ones, but from what I witness just now I do believe he has amnesia, quite the serious one at that, he doesn't seem to have any memoirs of you, what he is, walking and such or where he is” the doctor said seeing the pain in her eyes but she was really not too happy.

“How the blazes did this happen!? All I keep getting is from the police is 'we can't answer your question till the investigation is over' and that not good enough for me!” she point a finger at him “So you better tell me something or I will show you what a mother do to get answers around here”

The doctor raised his hands “I am sorry miss but I can't... if the police...”

“Wrong answer bob”

“Wait” Big Mac spoke out

She pulled the curtain to look at her son “Yes Wayne?”

“I...” 'not ah... strange words...' he quickly thought and spoke “picked up a orb and it glowed... then I found myself here... after being thrown through the air...”

They looked at each other then back at him “Wayne there wasn't any sort of orb there” the doctor spoke and clap his mouth with his hand

Hazel laughing at the sight of the doctor “Your in for it now” she spoke

He turn to the anger mother “So...”

“There was nothing there, only a creator where the explosion happened, seriously that all I know, the police didn't pick up any orb of any sort, if there was it was destroyed in the explosion, you should be happy that all is wrong with your son is the lose of memory and not killed by the force of impact against the tree... anyone else would of died instantly from that impact” The doctor said quickly to her backing up a little.

“Get out and leave us alone with my son!” she points to the door.

“Ma'am this is a hospital you can't just...”

“NOW!” she raised her voice and he held the clip board tight to his chest

“Yes ma'am...” he replied with a gulp. “I will erm... be right outside...” he quickly left the room.

Big Mac stared at her with a open mouth she just kicked out the doctor just like that, Nigel shook his head “Mum you know that not going to solve anything”

She crossed her arms “Frankly Nigel, I don't give a damn about the doctor at the moment, we got a bigger problem...” she turn to Big Mac “trying to help your brother regain his memoirs... we are family and that what really matters at the moment...” Big Mac look to each of them as they look to each other with a nod then look to him with a smile. “Son we going to do all we can to help you, I promise you this”

“Yeah bro, we will do what we can to help”

“But nice and easy though Hazel, mum... if we do it too fast it could make things worse then good...” Nigel pointed out to the two.

Big Mac closed his hands into fists and sighed heavily “Thank you...” he spoke quietly looking at each and one of them and decided to play along with the amnesia that the doctor spoke of till he knew what better to do and find how to explain that his name isn't Wayne Dolphin but Big Macintosh a workhorse Earth Pony from Sweet Apple Acres...'Ah wonder if this Wayne character is in mah body if ah in his...' the thought cross his mind with a mental smile he thought the word 'Eeyup'


Meanwhile...

Wayne felt the warmth of the sun on his eye lids as he started to regain feeling in his body, he recalled what happened, slamming into the tree wasn't the nicest thing to happen. He felt rather odd as the signals in his brain was telling him all strange feelings one that he didn't feel his fingers or toes, the feeling was worrying instantly as he started to regain some of his senses opening his eyes to the sun light squinting them a little.

Everything was blurry as he eyes trailed to the right and left unable to make anything clearly. “Is mah brother going to be fine?” a southern voice spoke as he saw what seem to be a orange blob of some sort with, yellowish blonde colour hair with a hat if he could make it out and to her left was a light brown being with dark brown hair with a white coat only cover the forward half of the body.

'Am I seeing things? Is that doctor half naked?' he was trying to clear the blurriness from his vision to make out what he was seeing.

“Big Macintosh is going to be fine Applejack, luckily the only injury he seem to had was a massive blow to the back of the head” the doctor replied.

“Thank Celestia that all, thank ya Doctor Stable. That put a great deal of relief on my back” Applejack replied with a smile.

Wayne suddenly blunted out the name he heard with some confusion in his voice but realising when saying it, that wasn't his voice at all “Applejack?”

Both blurry beings turn seeing he was awake “Ah here big brother, y'all ok right? Don't worry about the apple cart, it can be easily replaced, y'all can't” the one called Applejack he sure of put something on his arm and his vision was clearing now.

What he saw made him almost gasp with shock, it was a orange hoof on a red furry front leg with a creamy coloured hoof at the end he moved it slightly with sweat rolling down his face that he realised it was his 'Sh-she said Big Macintosh...' he eyes trailed to a snout in his field of vision a red snout clear as day and then his eyes track to the being beside it was Applejack, the pony.

Fear struck him as he quivered at the sight before him the orange mare with the western hat staring at him with confusion, without saying a word he pushes himself quickly over to the other side of the bed and off landing on his front struggling to get up he pushes his way past them both looking around as he came out the door hearing the sound of clopping made things worse for him.

Wayne felt he was in a nightmare darting his eyes left and right for a way to escape this dream, he stumbling and struggling to use the body he never had in his life it was a real challenge using the walls for support he pushed his way past nurses that was trying to assist him but he was so freaked out and nothing clearly coming to mind. “Big Mac where y'all going!” Applejack quickly trying to catch up with him but he quickly got to the door leading to some stairs opening it and slamming it shut he breathing heavily eyes darting trying to make heads or tails of what was going on. “Big Mac open up! Y'all not well!”

'Me not well... what the bloody hell going on? I need to get out of this crazy dream world... only way is the exit, maybe crossing the threshold I will snap out of this...' using the strength he had with a front hoof his smashed the handle off with a clop, he quickly made his way down the stairs almost falling off with the hooves feeling strange to him and the weight behind the body as he tried to walk on the hind legs. Coming to the emergency exit it he rammed his whole body weight into it and lands outside.

The heat of the sun could he felt as Wayne coughed a little feeling the cough his heart started to race again, it wasn't even his heart but it was well, then he stumbled on all fours tripping over so many times he lost count till he found what seem to be a pound, the land around him was bright and had a very warm peaceful feeling to it and even magical feel.

Wayne found the strength to move towards the water edge and look at the reflection what he saw made his fur crawl that he had it, it wasn't him at all that was looking back, it was Big Macintosh. “Ah must...” he paused hearing the tone of voice and words, it wasn't what he was thinking of saying at all. “Nnope...” he hung his head with a groan the word 'nope' didn't come out right either.

He noticed the gown still on him, with a thrush, Wayne tossed it off himself and saw the reflection of the workhorse pony Macintosh for sure, eye colour, mane, coat and the cutie mark. It was all there including the short tail... “ah really am Big Macintosh... but how...” he whispers trying to get to terms what was happening, he heard voices and quickly stumbled and hide pulling the gown beside him so no one could see it or him.

Wayne glance through the bushes seeing Applejack again but this time she was joined by Rainbow Dash, he couldn't believe his own two eyes as he stared “Ah don't know what gotten into him Rainbow, he need my help, it like he never seen me before and that worries me...”

“Alright AJ don't sweat it, I'll help ya out.” Rainbow Dash took to the sky in a blur, he watched her fly right above and went off to the east.


Applejack sighed heavily “What in tarnation am ah going to do... how ah'm going to explain this to Applebloom and Granny Smith...” Applejack spoke feeling rather lost.

Wayne still watching felt hard not saying anything he felt he should show himself but how, he never thought this would happen, it only a bronies dream to be in the world of My Little Pony, not be part of it and stuck in someones body... He turn his head away resting it against the tree beside him trying to think of what to do... 'My words I speak are not mine... the words and spoken as if I was really Big Macintosh... but how is this possible... how did I get here and what the bloody hell did that orb do... wait orb...'

“Could he picked up the orb too and ah switch places with him? But how could anything like that happen...” he whispers hearing the voice of Big Mac with his ears twitching a little, the feeling of them was strange and the tail too... “Eeyup... definitively that fancy orb...” he muttered closing his eyes with a deep sigh. “Now ah got a choice of pretending to be her brother or spilling the apples on this... what to do...” he whispering to himself trying to figure out what to do. “Ah wonder if amnesia is even possible for ponies...”

Wayne turn his head noticing Applejack was gone, moving out of his hiding place he glance at the reflection once more before he slowly using the four legs he had now stumbling and struggling to use the hooves he now had to walk to figure this out and why it had to happen. “Ah no one special... just gaming, working and socialize with fans of TV shows and such at cons... why me...” he muttered under his breath. “Wonder if my ma, sister and brother is ok” he trots slowly away from the pond seeing the hospital again ahead of him.

He looked to it and with ears flat he turns away feeling lost heading far from it and the town he saw as he could. Walking through the field of flowers he stopped looking up at sky seeing the close and far clouds in the distance the view of Ponyville it was all too rule and this made him scared, scared to face anyone, he only knew of the Apple Family through a cartoon show not the real deal...

Wayne sat there as the time past with the wind blowing unable to know what to do with himself feeling the pain of hunger it met it was all too real for him and this wasn't a dream but his mind wondered and wondered... hours became longer and the sicker he felt with a empty stomach and the headache that was still there.

He reached his hoof to the head and felt the bandages still there “There you are Big Mac!” he ears perked up to the voice it was Rainbow Dash's for sure, his head turns seeing the cyan pegasi come in for a sharp and fast landing before him. “We got ponies looking all over for ya, you got your sisters and Granny Smith worried sick! Heck whole of Ponyville!”

Wayne turned away staring to the ground “Big Mac! Did you just hear what I just said?”

“Eeyup...”

“Then why aren't ya getting up and coming back?” Rainbow Dash came around in front of him leaning down and looking up a little to get slight of his eyes. She could see confusion and fear in them “Big Mac... are you ok?”

“Nnope...”

Rainbow Dash put her hoof to her head “Ok let see...” she thought of a question and spoke it “Why did you run off like that? From your own sister Applejack”

Wayne eyes moved up slowly to the eyes of Rainbow Dash “Ah...” he had to try to think of words that would work. “Ah can't remember anything... ah look at Ponyville and see it in my head but can't remember why... same with Applejack... ah can see her in my mind but not sure why... only images of here and there... Rainbow Dash... ah frighten...”

Rainbow Dash was stomped by this for sure, she had zero ideas of what caused this “I don't get how you lost your memoirs...” then he raise his hoof to the bandage “Oh my gosh... the explosion Twilight saw! Of course it cause you to be thrown into your own apple cart and...”

“Back of my head... ah remember that... the pain and the orb...”

“Orb? What orb? There was no talk of a orb from Twilight, she said there was some crazy magical explosion right before you and wham you hit the cart at almost speeds that I always fly at” Rainbow Dash was slightly lost and explains to him that there was no sight of a orb. 'I bet my flank she kept that little detail out for a good reason...'

Wayne gets up and starts to slowly trot away “Ah confused... scared and lost... ah need to understand what happened...”

“Big Mac seriously you walking away isn't got to solve this, so your memoirs are all crazily mixed up and you can't remember anything before whatever happened, you walking away isn't going to solve it, you got your sister and my best friend, AJ and Applebloom to help you, don't turn away from your family pal”

“Mah family...” he stopped and turn to Ponyville “Y'all right... walking away isn't the answer...”

“So will you come back with me to Sweet Apple Acres?” Rainbow Dash asked

“Eeyup...” she grinned and point her hoof to the direction of it and they start heading back to the town “Rainbow Dash... ah not sure this mean anything... thank y'all for helping a trouble stallion out...”

It felt a little odd what he said but she knew he suffered from a massive blow to the back of the head and heard from Twilight for going out to the fields around Ponyville about something called Amnesia “Don't sweat it big guy, what are friends for right?”

A small smile came to Wayne's snout and he spoke in reply “eeyup” making Rainbow Dash smile back as they continued their track through the meadow of flowers as the sun starts to set...

Author's Note:

Well hope you all enjoying the story so far!