• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 1,533 Views, 11 Comments

Into The Void - Doctor Whooves PhD



After Discord is revived from stone, it is up to Doctor Whooves to save the kingdom of Equestria!

  • ...
0
 11
 1,533

Chapter the third - Discord loves pears

Chapter the third - Discord loves pears
In Ponyville, a storm started to brew.
A mysterious Pony stared out into the night, watching in awe as the mountain around Canterlot castle seemed to distort right before his eyes.
The pony grinned.
"what's going on over there? Let's go check it out!"
Meanwhile, back in the Canterlot royal garden, Discord rolled around in delight as the two Princesses stood standing in front of him as expertly chiseled statues. “Yes! Haha! Now look who’s the big shot around here!”
He strolled on over to the statue of Princess Celestia, a shell of her former self, immortalized with a terrified expression.
“Oh come now, Celestia!” Discord Chuckled. “This is supposed to be fun! After all, order is so dreadfully dull . Don’t be so stone-faced , it’s time to liven things up a little with some chaos!”
Celestia didn’t respond. Even if she wanted to she couldn’t.
The Draconequus clapped his mismatched hands with glee as he plotted his changes to Equestria. He was leaning towards outlawing cheese, or turning all the flowers into pickles, or perhaps worst of all: take Big Macintosh’s ‘Smartie-Pants’ Doll.
A few hours passed. Discord was still lounging around the garden, giggling like a little filly, mulling over his plans for Ponyville with a chocolate milk of glass, when suddenly, a brown earth pony with a tussled mane and an hourglass cutie mark leapt out of the shadows, a sparkle of adventure in his eyes. Discord wasn’t moved, but instead slightly curious. “Oh, this just keeps getting better! And who might you be?”
The pony smiled. “I’m The Doctor!”
“Who?”
“No, just ‘The Doctor’. What happened to the princesses?” The Doctor called back.
“Oh, I gave them some pretty powerful stuff, looks like they couldn’t handle it.” Discord put on a pair of bright red sunglasses. “I guess you could say…
They’re Stoned.
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
“Well, I can see that. Now, is there any chance of you being nice and stopping all this nonsense?”
“Oh, ok fine.”
“Really?”
“NO!” Discord laughed. “That’d be way too easy! This would be a very disappointing Fan-Fic if I just gave up and went home right now! However, since you asked so nicely, I’ll give you a chance to save your dear princesses and your beloved land of Equestria!”
All you have to do is make sense of this change of events :

A Wicked ‘morrow has been brought,
There’ll surely be sorrow, all ponies distraught!
However, should you beat my trials,
I’ll certainly make it worth your while!
Come at me in an altered world,
Where a blanket of chaos will soon unfurl,
And there you’ll find, at the end of your quest,
The one creature who is really the best!
Now ending my riddle, the line I choose,
Is a pleasant farewell, Good Luck Doctor Whooves!”

At that, Discord cackled malevolently, and vanished in a puff of flour.