• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 1,534 Views, 11 Comments

Into The Void - Doctor Whooves PhD



After Discord is revived from stone, it is up to Doctor Whooves to save the kingdom of Equestria!

  • ...
0
 11
 1,534

Chapter the seventh - Allonsy!

Chapter the seventh – Allonsy!
The Doctor smiled. He’d convinced a pony life was worth living, and was that much closer to reaching wherever Discord may be hiding. It was a good feeling. He got up and continued on his adventure, gently strolling through the verdant meadow. Out of nowhere, Discord appeared in front of him from a cloud of ducklings.
“Bravo, Doctor!” Discord giggled. “You’ve overcome the first of my many exquisitely enjoyable challenges!”
The Doctor wasn’t sure how to respond. “Um… thanks?”
Discord let out a hearty laugh. “Oh come now, the pleasure’s all mine! After all, seeing the look on your face after you complete your journey only to fail… Priceless!”
“Huh. That’s a really weird way to pronounce ‘ Kick your flank ’. So, why are you here, anyway?”
“Tell me Doctor, do you know what I plan to do?”
“Something along the lines of ‘rule Equestria’?”
Discord nodded enthusiastically. “Yes, Yes! And do you think I’ll let anyone stop me?”
Everything started shaking. Discord started moonwalking towards him.
“Come on Doctor, do you expect victory will come easily? There’s no way you can beat me! I’m a Smooth Criminal!
Discord snapped his paw, did a triple backflip, and vanished into a sea of Cocoa powder, overcoming the Doctor.

After about an hour of shifting the powder carefully with the sonic screwdriver, The Doctor emerged from the huge pile of chocolaty goodness, only to find that when he looked back, the Cocoa was gone. He found himself in what appeared to be a big city, although there was nopony else in sight.
“Trottingham? Why would Discord put me here? And why does everything look so… broken?”
The Doctor walked around the once bustling city to find doors hanging off the hinges, smashed windows, and every building deserted. The sky was overcast, completing the depiction of an incredibly dull contrast to the vivacious wonder of nature he was in before.
“Hello? Am I really here by myself?”
The Doctor eventually saw a light in the distance.
“Wait! Somepony else is here!”
He began running towards the source of light, arriving in ten minutes flat. If only it was as welcoming as it looked.
The building the light was coming from was run down, but still in better shape than the rest of the city. Most of the windows appeared to be poorly barricaded, as light seeped through the thin strips of glass left uncovered.
As The Doctor approached the entrance, everything in the city turned a blank white, making him feel as if he was in a weird dream sequence. An echoing voice started to speak.

My sound is quite sophisticated,
It leaves all others obligated,
They wish to stay for many an hour,
To hear the sound of my voice’s power!
I’m taller than my master, yet I stand on one leg,
And in my head I have four pegs!
My talent is like no other,
But can only be unlocked with my sisters or brothers!
I join forces with my teammate,
A short thin fellow, with which we obliterate
Our opponents, with grace and arrows,
I’m the Kestrel, he is the sparrow.

“Another riddle?” The Doctor was stumped. This was a brilliant worded challenge, as eloquent as it was enigmatic.
“so, a sound that’s sophisticated, and makes you stay for a long time… with a single support, four pegs, and shoots arrows… a bow? So if the bow is the sparrow, the kestrel is something bigger, yet related… and bigger than its master…”
“Is it a Cello?” The Doctor spoke nervously.
The world returned to the gloomy abandoned city. The door to the building creaked open.