• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 1,535 Views, 11 Comments

Into The Void - Doctor Whooves PhD



After Discord is revived from stone, it is up to Doctor Whooves to save the kingdom of Equestria!

  • ...
0
 11
 1,535

Chapter the twentieth - The final hazard

Chapter the Twentieth – The Final Hazard

Discord's Battle Theme (The Final Hazard!)

Discord flew up high and let loose a powerful surge on the entire area, growing tremendously in size and causing the entire palace to shake violently. Derpy grabbed The Doctor and floated above the ground so that the quakes wouldn’t hit them. The windows shattered, parts of the ceiling crumbled and fell to the floor, and holes were left in the floor. Discord crashed down into the ground, sending a pulsing shockwave throughout the room, clearing all the debris that had falling.

YoU pOnIeS mAdE a BiG mIsTaKe ChAlLeNgInG mE! ” Discord roared, as he readied spheres of dark matter in his hands. “nOw YoU wIlL sEe My TrUe PoWeR!
Derpy lowered The Doctor back to the ground, and began spiraling around the terrifying apparition of chaos.
“Doctor, I’ll distract him! See if you can go in for an attack!”

The Doctor darted carefully around, just barely managing to avoid the ghastly energy Discord hurled at him.

gEt A lOaD oF tHiS!” Discord screeched, firing horrible bolts of lightning at Derpy.

The daring pegasus skillfully evaded the bolts in succession, much more gracefully than her name would suggest, but Discord wasn’t about to let up. He snapped his claws, and suddenly a horde of bats appeared and chased her.

“Doctor, we’re running out of time here!” Derpy yelled in panic.
“Impossible, I’m a Timelord!” The Doctor shouted back.

He concentrated all of the amplitude of his Sonic Screwdriver, and managed to fire a shocking beam of brilliant blue energy at Discord, striking him right between the eyes.

“Brilliant! I didn’t know it could do that!”
“Nor did I,” The Doctor called, “That’s pretty handy!”

However, this momentary lapse cost the two ponies, as the wicked bats caught up to Derpy, sending her tumbling to the ground. The Doctor ran to her aid, extremely worried, as the bats attacked her.

Discord took this opportunity to ready one final blow to end the heroes.

lOvE aNd ToLeRaNcE dEtEcTeD! fIrInG tHe OrBiTaL cHaOs CaNnOn! GaMe’S oVeR, mY lItTlE pOnIeS!

Discord let loose a great and powerful pulsating ray of doom towards the ponies, about to completely erase them. However…

“SCOOTA’S GONNA SCOOT!!!”

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Scootaloo appeared riding her prized scooter at maximum speed, and rammed right into The Doctor and Derpy, clearing the bats and pushing them out of the way of the deathly beam. Discord stood dumbfounded in complete disbelief.

“YEAH! I DID IT FOR THE LOVE! I’m paying my dues!”

“Scootaloo!” The Doctor cried in surprise, and an incredible amount of relief. “How on earth did you find your way up here?”
“I’ll explain later! Right now, you’ve got some harmony to restore!”
“But it’s impossible! There’s no way we can defeat him!”
“Maybe not just us… that pony over there has the right idea!”

Scootaloo pointed in the distance to a gray pony gracefully dancing back and forth, bending music to her own will to fight the beast.

“Oh, no WAY! OCTAVIA!”

Octavia whirled around, playing beautiful melodies of order and accord that disrupted the chaotic creature.

“Doctor!” She sang, “Don’t give up now!
You’ve got the elements of harmony; now show him what you know!”

Discord heard this, and let out a demonic cackle. “ WhAt ArE yOu On AbOuT?

The Doctor stood there confused, but the other ponies all knew what Octavia meant.

“Oh yeah!” Scootaloo yelled, “When he was truly Honest in telling me to follow my dreams!”
“And how he Kindly helped me in my time of need!” Octavia added.
“And how he Loyally kept to his quest!” Derpy grinned, “Oh, and how he Generously helped everypony on his way!”

The Doctor stepped forward, staring right into beast’s eyes, and smiled. “Discord! It’s true what they say! I’ve learned throughout this quest that even when you’re faced with death, you’ve got to Laugh in the face of danger, and never give up! After all, adventure always adds a bit of Magic to your life, wouldn’t you agree?”

Discord was about to speak, but suddenly, two brilliant bursts of light shot out from underneath the rubble.

The two royal alicorns emerged, standing side by side with The Doctor.

“Discord! It appears that you have lost this one!” Celestia shouted.

The Doctor overpowered the Sonic Screwdriver, causing a glistening azure helix to spiral high up. The two princesses shot magic of their own, intertwining with the beam, and they brought it down upon Discord.

The Draconequus let out a terrible screech as he was shrunk back down to his original size. However, when the beam cleared, he was nowhere to be seen.