• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 1,535 Views, 11 Comments

Into The Void - Doctor Whooves PhD



After Discord is revived from stone, it is up to Doctor Whooves to save the kingdom of Equestria!

  • ...
0
 11
 1,535

Chapter the eleventh - Let's get a move on!

Chapter the Eleventh – let’s get a move on!
The Doctor flew through the air for miles on end until eventually he crash landed in the middle of a strange place. Actually, he didn’t quite know where he’d landed. One thing, however, he knew for certain: it was definitely a change of scenery from Trottingham.

The Doctor looked around. The sky was a beautiful gold, the sun a vibrant peach colour. A gentle wind danced through the landscape. The ground, however, was a sheet of pale rock, laid out as if one would lay a carpet. There was also something else just a tad perplexing. In the very centre of this contrast of pale and bright was an oddly shaped mountain. It seemed too perfectly round to have been made naturally. At the very top stood a grand red building. The Doctor took a deep breath.

“Alrighty then, up the mountain we go!”

After he had climbed a little ways up the mountain, The Doctor found that his path lead to a large lake. On the mountain.

The crisp, clear body of water spanned a considerable distance, further than one could simply swim across. Just at the foot of the lake, there was a random door. The Doctor opened it up to just find a soggy chimmycherrychanga, which was hardly useful to him right now. The Doctor grinned at his oddly amusing predicament.

“How peculiar! Out in the open, going up the mountain, and suddenly, water! Now, how to cross it… A-HA! I’ve got it!”

The Doctor took out his sonic screwdriver, and pointed it at the hinges of the door. Eventually, it came loose. He placed it on the shoreline of the lake and took a few steps back.

“Well, here goes nothing… ALLONSY!!!

He dashed towards the lake, and leapt onto the floating door, giving it just enough push to start gently gliding across. The Doctor lazily sang to himself as he drifted over.

“I’m sailing away… set an open course for the virgin sea…”

A short while later, he reached the other side, and continued journeying up the mountain.

Eventually, he had reached the peak, and gazed in awe at the mysterious building that was on top. It was an expertly built structure, with a cute mailbox by the door, and a proud golden sign across its face:

Equestrian school for gifted ponies

“A schoolhouse? What on earth is this doing here?”

The Doctor was about to casually waltz inside, but he noticed a small letter in the mailbox. Letting his curiosity get the better of him, he opened it up and read it.

I used to live in the forest, a mighty tree,
Now, however, I bring tons of glee!
Some that bring a smile to your face,
Others to help you keep up with the pace!
When put into context, I’m worth a great deal,
Despite this though, I’m certainly a steal!
I’m filled with sunshine, tolerance and love,
A gesture as sweet as a gentle dove!

The Doctor was touched by the beautiful riddle, but didn’t let it distract him from solving it.

“I’ve heard this stuff about ‘living as a tree before’… whatever this object is must be wooden! But wait, what if it’s something else? Leaves? Something that makes sense to be at a school… Paper! Of course! But filled with treats? A loving gesture…”

The Doctor smiled. “It’s a Paper lunch bag!”

The door to the schoolhouse gently opened, welcoming The Doctor inside.