• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 1,535 Views, 11 Comments

Into The Void - Doctor Whooves PhD



After Discord is revived from stone, it is up to Doctor Whooves to save the kingdom of Equestria!

  • ...
0
 11
 1,535

Chapter the sixth - D.T. Redux

Chapter the sixth - D.T. Redux
Back in Ponyville, things weren’t going so smoothly. The sky had blended into an unnatural green colour, with otherworldly pink, wispy clouds. Nopony had any idea what was going on.
Diamond Tiara stared up at the sky timidly. She knew very well what she had done, but perhaps she hadn’t understood the gravity of the situation.
“This isn’t how things were supposed to happen…” her voice cracked. When she revived the undisputable king of chaos, she had only thought he was a kind of clown, too disorganized to do anything other than fool around with somepony. Ironically, the Draconequus had very clear plans, and had choreographed his schemes with aplomb, and a haunting spontaneity; Nopony knew what was he was going to do, when, and to what degree.
Diamond Tiara paced back and forth in a panic. Surely it wasn’t her fault that her brilliant plan to settle her little grudge had backfired. She really hadn’t done that much. All she did was unleash Discord on Equestria again a little bit. Perhaps he’d have his fun, then go home.
Unfortunately, this wishful thinking was in vain. The ground shook, and suddenly the road turned into croissants.
“This is MADNESS!” Diamond Tiara shouted in frustration. “Isn’t anypony going to stop Discord?”
Nopony listened to her. They were too busy fleeing from the chewy justice of the toffee globs, their candy eyes illuminated by the lemon jelly sun.
“Right.” Diamond Tiara put her hoof down firmly on the flaky pastry. “Well, If nopony else is dissatisfied with this muck, I’ll see to all of this myself! Just all of you wait, I’ll show the world that the best pony of all, the one to save everypony and earn the adoration and admiration of all will be Diamond Tiara!”
Diamond Tiara knew she’d messed up slightly. She should’ve stuck around for Discord’s return instead of leaving early. She knew exactly what she would do; she would march right up the pastry road to Mr.Disorder, and tell him exactly what she’d intended.
However, as she started walking along the croissant road, the baked goods crumbling beneath her hooves, she started to hear a strange noise.
Bounce Bounce Bounce!
She turned around to see herself faced with three grizzly globs of toffee, with teeth shaped from wafers, all with hungry smiles played across them.
“Oh knickers…”
Diamond Tiara ran as fast as she could, the sugary blobs following close behind.
Suddenly, she had a brilliant idea. She leapt to a stop, and starting kicked croissants up at her saccharine pursuers. The toffee globs tried eating through the delicious pastries, but it was no good; there was so many croissants flying here and there that they couldn’t keep up, and eventually got bogged down in a mess of crumbs.
Diamond Tiara smirked at her victory. However, the road began to collapse. She panicked, and tried running back, but the tasty road continued falling, swallowing her up in a croissant cascade.