• Published 18th Feb 2012
  • 4,502 Views, 130 Comments

Professor Layton and the Equestrian Silence - Crystal Blue



Professor Layton is drawn into Equestria by the Royal Pony Sisters, for a unique mystery...

  • ...
3
 130
 4,502

Solutions 2

Puzzle 010:

If you manage to find a solution, please let me know and I'll do my best to include it, along with your screen name.

Puzzle 011:

97 rubies.
Firstly, find the lowest common multiple:
4 x 7 x 45 = 1260. There must be 1260 gems in total. Next, work out the number of each of the other types of gem.
¼ x 1260 = 315 sapphires
3/7 x 1260 = 540 topazes
11/45 x 1260 = 308 emeralds
The total so far is 315 + 540 + 308 = 1163 gems
The remainder of the gems are rubies.
1260 – 1163 = 97 rubies

Puzzle 012:

Press all of the buttons to form the digit 0.

1/6 of the hours to sweep skies: 4 hours.
Hours to read away: 3 hours.
For fun and play: 2 hours.
1/3 for work, making a dress: 8 hours.
Driving a herd: 3 hours.
1/6 for creatures' care: 4 hours.
Sum total: 24 hours.

This leaves zero hours for sleep, but the puzzle asked for a digit specifically, so pressing all of the buttons creates the digit 0.

Puzzle 013:

There are 2 cube numbers with two digits, not including 1 and 8 as they would have to be entered 01 and 08, and neither digit can be zero. The remaining numbers are 27 and 64. The cube root of 27 is 3, which is not a square number. The cube root of 64 is 4, so this is the only answer. The answer is 64.

Puzzle 014:

Starting from the bottom-right corner and forming a reverse N: S-T-A-R-S-W-I-R-L.

Puzzle 015:

Puzzle 016:

Walk as far as you can east (the rising light), two fields north (away from the winter birds' flight), left, left again, take the next turn right. Take the next north exit, then take the next eastern exit. Take the next left and turn right and go to the far end of that path. Then turn west (the setting sun), continue until you pass the third field on your left (the corner) and travel until you reach the third field on your left. That is where you need to be.

Puzzle 017

13 fillings.

The quickest solution to the puzzle is to fill all four corner glasses once each as well as the middle glass. The question only asked for the number of fillings of glasses required, NOT the number of times a glass is emptied as well. As three glasses are filled on the first corner, followed by two glasses for each of the second and just one for the final corner, this leaves four more to be filled along with the centre. 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 13. The answer would still be same no matter which order the moves are performed. Another way to answer it is to consider how many glasses there are and how many would have to be filled twice. 9 glasses + 4 glasses that would be filled twice = 13 fillings.

Puzzle 018

Puzzle 019


The quickest solution I have found is 21 moves. Feel free to comment if you have a quicker solution. My solution is as follows:
1) Move the small good tub to one of the empty sand pallets.
2) Move the medium good tub to the other empty sand pallet.
3) Move the small good tub on top of the medium good tub.
4) Move the small bad tub to the empty sand pallet.
5) Move the medium bad tub on top of the large good tub.
6) Move the small bad tub on top of the medium bad tub.
7) Move the large bad tub to the empty sand pallet.
8) Move the small bad tub to the empty orchard pallet.
9) Move the medium bad tub to the empty sand pallet.
10) Move the small bad tub on top of the medium bad tub.
11) Move the large good tub onto the empty orchard pallet.
12) Move the small good tub onto the trailer.
13) Move the medium good tub on top of the large good tub.
14) Move the small good tub on top of the medium good tub.
15) Move the small bad tub onto the trailer.
16) Move the medium bad tub onto the empty sand pallet.
17) Move the small bad tub on top of the medium bad tub.
18) Move the large bad tub onto the trailer.
19) Move the small bad tub onto the empty sand pallet.
20) Move the medium bad tub on top of the large bad tub.
21) Move the small bad tub on top of the medium bad tub.

Try it out with coins or buttons and see what happens.

Thanks again to shadow0knight for hunting down those elusive answers. That's what late nights will do to you.