• Published 18th Feb 2012
  • 4,502 Views, 130 Comments

Professor Layton and the Equestrian Silence - Crystal Blue



Professor Layton is drawn into Equestria by the Royal Pony Sisters, for a unique mystery...

  • ...
3
 130
 4,502

Solutions (updated in line with story)

Solutions

Puzzle 001

The key is to work the answer out by going backwards through the puzzle. This would land you at Fisherton Street.

As for the house number, if the highest house number on the street is 30 and the one you need has its digits adding to 11, then only one solution is available: 29.

Puzzle 002

The number that brings good fortune: 7
The number that lets bad luck reign: 13
Multiply, then once more each: 7 x 13 x 7 x 13 = 8281
And spin them 'round again: 1828

The answer, therefore, is 1828.

Puzzle 003

The whopping big problem with the first pony's claims is that if he can't stop lying then how can he tell the truth on the same point? This must mean that the first pony could either lie or tell the truth.

This leaves one pony always telling the truth and one always telling a lie. Taking a look at the third pony, he states that the first pony is indecisive on his truths, and we now know this to be true. Therefore, the third pony must be the one that always tells the truth.

By process of elimination, the second pony must be the one who always lies.

That means we must follow the third pony's advice and take the left wall.

Puzzle 004

If "LADLE ACHE!" has 7 different characters, and we have 7 different buttons, they must each represent a character. Take a look at the shapes or, more specifically the number of edges or angles each one has. The circle has 1 edge, the six-pointed star has 12 edges, the pentagon has 5 edges, the four-pointed star has 8, the square has 4 and the triangle has 3 edges.

The letters connect to this relating to where they are in the alphabet. A is 1st, L is 12th, E is 5th, H is 8th, D is 4th and C is 3rd.

Connecting one to the other, the buttons must be pressed as follows: six-pointed star (L), circle (A), square (D), six-pointed star (L), pentagon (E), circle (A), triangle (C), four-pointed star (H), pentagon (E), !

(A stinker, I know, but only the best for Princess Celestia.)

Puzzle 005

If Courage and Jimmy are both pulled by two ponies only, they must share their circle. Not only that but Excelsior, pulled by four ponies, cannot share the same circle at all. Regardless of whether the top circle represents silver carriages or open-top carriages (of which Gallant is both), Excelsior cannot share the circle. As no carriages are kept outside of the circles, Excelsior must be where it is marked on the diagram.

Puzzle 006

The other eight markings can be flipped and rotated to match each other, but the one circled won't match at all unless you swap some of the colours with each other.

Puzzle 007

From the top of the pile down, you have Line 5 (grey), Line 6 (blue), Line 2 (red), Line 7 (purple), Line 4 (green), Line 1 (orange) and Line 3 (black) at the bottom. The middle of the pile has three lines above and three lines beneath, which is Line 7.

Puzzle 008

The letter K.

In the alphabet, start off at the destination’s first letter, i.e. P. Then go backwards in the alphabet however many letters forward the last letter in the destination is in the alphabet.
Ponyville: P O N M L K

- A B C D E

Puzzle 009

If you look carefully, it is the only shape in the picture that doesn't have a diagonal line running through it.

Big thanks to shadow0knight for helping me retrieve those lost little answers!