• Published 18th Feb 2012
  • 4,500 Views, 130 Comments

Professor Layton and the Equestrian Silence - Crystal Blue



Professor Layton is drawn into Equestria by the Royal Pony Sisters, for a unique mystery...

  • ...
3
 130
 4,500

Solutions 4

Puzzle 026

50 bits.

If the stadium is 50 rows with 80 seats per row, then there must be 4,000 seats altogether. Sapphire Shores is donating 50,000 bits towards the set cost of the 4,000 tickets, working out at 12 bits and 50 cents’ discount per seat.
If the aim is to reduce the cost per ticket to each attendant by 25% (12 bits and 50 cents), then the original 100% ticket price must be 50 bits.

Puzzle 027

From the beginning tile, travelling the bishop’s path (much like in chess) means moving diagonally. It doesn’t matter in which of the two directions as long as all 4 edges of the grid are touched. After returning to the start, the diagonal movement (the “bishop’s curse”) no longer applies, and it is a straight shot for the exit tile.
What Twilight found most mocking was the shape of the path, which resembles the diamonds of Rarity’s cutie mark.

Puzzle 028

124 different routes.

Interestingly enough, you don’t have to count every single path to come up with an answer, as the patterns are repeated four-fold. For the mathematically-minded, you don’t even have to trace a single path. Pascal’s triangle can be applied to each destination. For example, from the centre R to any of the far points on the panel, there is only 1 path. To one of the Y tiles either side, there are 5 different solutions, and to reach the next Y tile from the centre, you can apply 10 different solutions, etc.

Puzzle 029

This is the most direct route across the ballroom.

Puzzle 030

The trick here is not necessarily to work backwards, but to find the one button that cannot be accessed from anywhere else. Working backwards, however, is simpler. Both of these ways can then be worked forward to arrive at an answer.

Puzzle 031

This all becomes much easier when you realise that the first move is to colour the central square yellow.