• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 803 Views, 7 Comments

Mighty Equestrian Pony Rangers - Saiyakitsune



With the Elements of Harmony, the guidance of Starswirl the Bearded, and the assistence of Clover the Clever, the Mighty Equestrian Pony Rangers will stop at nothing to defeat Nightmare Moon and her plans of shrouding Equestria in eternal darkness!

  • ...
5
 7
 803

The Sun's Eternal Eclipse: Reign of the Moon Part 1

The Sun’s Eclipse: Reign of the Moon Part 1

“My dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying, so I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this year's location: Pony ville. And, I have an even more essential task for you to complete: make some fiends!”

Twilight sighs to herself, unable to comprehend her teacher’s reasoning for making her faithful and most loyal student take time away from studying so she could have… friends! It was simply unbelievable, and while she did believe that her teacher would not steer her wrong, the purple unicorn could not help but wonder if Princess Celestia knew what she was telling her student to do exactly.

“Come on, Twi,” Spike said. “Just look at the bright side, Princess Celestia arranged for us to stay in a library. Isn’t that great?” The young dragon asked with enthusiasm, looking up at his surrogate pony sister. Twilight closed her eyes for a moment before she opened them with a determined look.

“Yes, yes it does Spike. And do you know why?” Twilight asked Spike rhetorically, not waiting for an answer as she continued. “Because I’m right! I’ll check on the preparations as fast as I can so I can find proof of Nightmare Moon’s return.”

Spike stood silent for only a second before speaking up, “Then… will you make friends, like Princess Celestia asked you to?”

“I’ve told you before, Spike. I don’t have time to make friends, and I’m 100% positive that friends aren’t going to help me with the return of Nightmare Moon.”

~MEPR~

The violet mare groaned as she woke up in a dimly light chamber room. Unable to identify exactly where she was, the unicorn decided to cast a simple illumination spell to getter a better look of her surroundings; however, the spell did little to ease her eyes strain to see through the darkness as the room itself appeared to be cloaked in an eternal night. Another groan escaped her lips as she stands on her legs.

"Where... where am I?"

"You're with me now, Element of Magic."

Twilight widens her eyes in shock as she swerves around as she attempts to locate the voice. "Who are you! Why did you take me here?" She questioned. Her nervousness soon turned to questioning. "Element of Magic... is that the-"

"Sixth Element of Harmony? Precisely." The disembodied voice answered.

The violet mare stood firmly, her past fear now replaced with determination and stubbornness. Her eyes scanned the dark 'room' in hopes to find the location of the voice to no avail. "Who are you? And why did you bring me here?" Twilight questioned sternly, "What do you mean I'm the Element of Magic?"

"All in due time, Twilight was it?" The voice chuckled to herself. "All will be revealed in due time."

"What do you want with me?!" Twilight roared, getting riled up every time she hears that taunting voice. "I'll have you know that I'm the Student of Princess Celestia and-" A dark, distorted laugh cut off the unicorn. The laugh echoed throughout the room. Twilight gritted her teeth, stomping her hoof on the floor angrily. "Stop laughing and answer me!" The laughter slowly died down, but its echo never ceased in its taunting to the violet unicorn.

~MEPR~

“What ‘n tarnation happened here?!” Applejack cries out, confused at the disappearance of not only Nightmare Moon, but also her new friend Twilight Sparkle.

"I'll tell you what happened!" Pinkie exclaimed with wide eyes. "That mean ol' Nightmare Moon took Twilight, brought the unicorn to her fortress of doom! and is going to convert out pony friend to the dark side!"

"Now, now," Rarity starts, fixing her mane. "We musn't get overworked over this. We need to-"

Rainbow Dash cuts her off. “Mustn’t get- Nightmare-bucking Moon just took Twilight and you’re telling us not to get round up over it?!” the cyan pegasus with rainbow hair shouted in disbelief. “We have to do something!”

“I agree with Dashie!” The cotton candy mane pony said with a huge eyes and a wide mouth. “The Dark Meanie had no right to take Twilight and turn her to the dark side! Even if they do have delicious cookies!"

Fluttershy mumbled gently, her voice unable to reach a higher volume. “U-Um, what Nightmare Moon did was terrible, b-but what can we do?”

“I’m glad you asked that, bearer of the Element of Kindness.”
All five look up in alarm as their bodies glow their respective colors, teleporting them outside of Pony Ville and inside a cave filled with strange devices and magical items. The five mares stare in awe at the advanced technology surrounding them, Pinkie Pie bouncing around the cave in an excited manner.

“Oooooooh~!! Look at all the shiny! And so many buttons!” She cried with joy, about to press a few before a faded white unicorn with a green and mint mane tackled the hyper earth pony the ground, causing both of their heads to hit the ground hard. The unicorn recovered first and got off of Pinkie, appearing disgruntled.

“No touching the buttons! You have no idea what they do.” she said as she panted lightly.

“E-Excuse me,” Fluttershy cuts in quietly. “But, um… where are we?”

“You are at the Command Hall, a place built in case of an emergency. Such as the return of Nightmare Moon.”

The six mares turn to the aged unicorn, the one who tackled Pinkie quickly moving to his side, whispering to his ear. “Starswirl, are you sure these 5 are the ones we need?” Her response was a firm nod, a smile placed on his muzzle.

“Yes Clover, these 5 are the new bearer of the Elements of Harmony.” He spoke with a soft, but powerful voice, gaining the attention of all in the room. Rainbow Dash was the first to retort.

“Woah, woah. Us? The Elements of Harmony? What the hay are you talking about, old stallion?”

“Quite simple, my dear Rainbow Dash,” Starswirl began. “I have brought you all here because Equestria is in danger and you 5 are needed to save it.” The aged wizard took a step forward. “Nightmare Moon has been released from her prison and the Elements of Harmony are needed. You 5 are the Elements of Harmony.”

Pinkie tilted her head at Starswirl, “ We're the Elements of Harmony?” she asked, repeating Rainbow Dash earlier.

“You five have been chosen to form an elite team of guardians with powers and abilities granted to you by the Elements of Harmony.” A flash of light surrounds the Mane 5 with 5 jeweled necklaces in the shape of their cutie marks appearing around their necks.

“Woah nelly! What are these?” Applejack asked as she inspected her apple shaped jeweled necklace.

Starswirl chuckled as he continued, “Those are the Elements of Harmony. They shall you grant you unbelievable power and when in danger shout to the Heavens their respected element and they will allow you to morph, or change if you prefer, into the form known to all called the Pony Rangers.”

Starswirl walked over to Rainbow Dash, “Rainbow Dash, Loyal to your friends and filled with the desire to explore, you are the Element of Loyalty.” Moving over to Pinkie, he continued. “Pinkie Pie, Always laughing and bring smiles to others, you are the Element of Laughter.” The grayed unicorn turned his head to Rarity. “Rarity, with a beautiful heart and unwavering alliance, you are the Element of Generosity. Starswirl moved towards the only earth pony left and smiled. “Applejack, faithful till the end and as strong as any ox, you are the Element of Honesty. And finally, Fluttershy, Always meek and full of love, you are the Element of Kindness.

“You five are the Elements of Harmony, and together you must defeat Nightmare Moon and her plan to shroud Equestria in eternal night as the Pony Rangers!”

To be Continued

Author's Note:

Man, this chapter feels rushed. Then again, I did do it in just a single day... Least I did some editing!

Anyways! Here's my first MLP fic, the Mighty Equestrian Pony Rangers! I'm not sure which direction I want to go with this, but be sure that I'm combing plots of both shows together to make this as awesome as possible!

Also, should I bring in the Zords? If so, do any of you have an idea on what they should be modeled after? I'm thinking their pets for now.

So review, critique and tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it and not cry how I'm a failure! :D

Comments ( 7 )

I'm actually interested in this please continue:twilightsmile:

alright, rule of thumb, when using small numbers you should write it out, like instead of 5 use five
I am interested in this so do continue, but you might want to find a editor :twilightsmile:

Love it! More please!

I think that the zords should be molded after the dinozords from MMPR

Where's Rita?

I really like this story so far hope to read more soon

Login or register to comment