• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 1,237 Views, 22 Comments

A Time Before - Blue Turtle



Long before the peaceful reign of Celestia after Luna's banishment, The two sisters lived in harmony. Cycling through day and night with each other, inseparable to say the least.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,237

Adjusting Ch.9

Celestia and Luna watched as the glowing body disappeared into the misty blackness of Tartarus. She was still there, they could feel her. Galaxia closed the portal, Luna watched as the violent opening between dimensions closed. Luna looked at Celestia, her eyes filled with so many questions. Celestia could not answer them, so she looked down. Levier stood there, frozen. Her expression sunk with disbelief. Levier looked at the two and sighed, only to pull them over and embrace them tightly. Celesia sat with Luna for awhile, only to get up to attend to their duties. Celestia and Luna took shaky step, knowing that Galaxia and Nebulis wouldn't be able to help them. Celestia charged her spell and flew up. As Celestia lowered the Sun, She watched Luna. Luna was able to lower and raise the Moon when she was small, Celestia could lower and raise the sun aswell, but she always had difficulty with it. Luna rarely needed help and when she did it was only if the Moon was new and she had to search for it.

Celestia sighed and lowered her sun, like always she cringed in pain as the magic built up in her shoulder and was forced out. Celestia winced and flew down with her sun. Luna flew down, a bit tired but nothing compared to Celestia, who breathing heavily.

"I'm going to bed..." Celestia said, her voice choked in fatigue.

Levier nodded and Celestia slowly walked away. Celestia paused for a moment realizing the city had been rebuilt but she wasn't sure where she was supposed to go. For the days it had been rebuilt they had slept under Levier's wing. Celestia waved over Luna and Levier and they walked with her. Many ponies looked at the sisters and knelt down in utter disbelief and respect. Ponies's jaws dropped at Levier. Levier saw the tallest tower.

"It seems as though that shall be your room." Levier said pointing to it. Luna and Celestia trotted towards it, Celestia flew up to the balcony and flew in.

Celestia fell into her bed and fell asleep. Luna slept by her sister, her new bed closely resembling her old one. Celestia's rest would not come easily though...

_________________________________________________________________________

Celestia ran as fast as she could, Luna running next to her. A black mist followed them, it overtook the land behind them.

"Tia help me!" Luna cried out as a tendril of darkness wrapped around the frightened filly's back hoof.

Luna was being dragged in the mist, Celestia ran over and pulled as hard as she could, but it was too much, Pain spread up her shoulder and all across her chest. Luna cried as the darkness began to swallow her, Celestia shot a yellow beam of magic at the darkness and it retreated, Celestia quickly put Luna on her back and sprinted faster then she ever thought her legs could carry her. The darkness fell behind and Celestia still ran, Luna hung onto Celestia tightly as a dark spike jerked out of the ground, almost stabbing into Celestia. Celestia spread out her wings and flew up into the air, the darkness swallowing up the ground. Celestia flew towards some sort of temple like ruin, it turned out to be a castle. broken stained glass littered the ground, pictures of the moon remained. Most of the castle was gone. Luna jumped off Celestia's back and looked around, Celestia closed her eyes and took a deep long breath, only to see a dark alicorn replace her sister.

"Lu-Luna?!" Celestia said as she stumbled back.

The creatures slammed her hoof into Celestia, sending Celestia flying off the temple, Celestia flapped her wings hard and regained her balance. Celestia stared at the alicorn, a dark tendril wrapped itself around Celestia's body and pulled her into the mist, Celestia struggled to get out, she screamed but no pony came to help. Celestia drifted off into unconsciousness as the sun was covered by the moon. Celestia closed her eyes and fell completely into the darkness.

_________________________________________________________________________

Celestia was being shaken by Luna.

"Tia what's wrong?! You were screaming!" Luna said to her sister. Celestia stared at her sister, then backed away. Her eyes wide with terror.

"No.. stay away... go!" Celestia squeezed her eyes shut and ran to the balcony, bursting through the door, she flew off into the night. Luna watched her sister speed off. Levier burst through the door.

"What happened? Where's Celestia?" Levier said in between gasps.

"She... had a nightmare... a bad one... She was mumbling stuff in her sleep then just started screaming, when I woke her up... she ran away from me..." Luna said, her own words smacked reality into her face. Levier looked at Luna.

"I'll find her. Don't worry." Levier hugged Luna and lifted her wings to fly away. Levier's figure faded into the night and Luna sat on the balcony waiting. An hour passed and two shadowy figures appeared in the night. Celestia landed and walked past her sister, something seemingly off about her.

"Tia? what's wrong? Please tell me!" Luna said following after her sister.

Celestia looked at Luna, Luna only now noticing Celestia actually never woke up. Luna herded Celestia back into bed and looked at her sister, smiling a bit with relief. Celestia fell into her bed awkwardly, but stopped moving once more, she drifted off into peaceful sleep. Luna slept next to her sister.
Tia's always got those nightmares... Since mommy and daddy aren't here I guess I'll just have to keep company. Luna thought as she snuggled closer to Celestia. Luna drifted off to sleep. Celestia had a smile smile as her sister snuggled under her wing, comfort easing her mind and body.

_________________________________________________________________________

Celestia yawned and opened her eyes, she nudged Luna and got up to stretch.

"Time for breakfast I guess... wherever that is..." Luna said as she rubbed her eyes.

"We can explore the castle today... We could even make a map!" Luna looked at her sister, who smiled as she said this.

"Yeah!" Luna jumped up and ran alongside her sister.

"But first we gotta do our stuff." Celestia said looking towards the window with a sigh.

Luna trotted out and Celestia followed slowly behind. Celestia mumbled something under her breath but walked forward. Celestia flew up behind her sister, only to then fly above her. Celestia raised up the sun, once again the magic bursting through her shoulder caused her to wince in pain. Luna lowered her moon as if though it was nothing. Full moons were always the easiest because the moon was clearly visible. Celestia envied her sister's magic capabilities but she loved Luna too much to ever get mad at the blue filly. Luna even from a young age was able to cast off spells with ease, but after Celestia's injury often limited the power she was able to use all at once. Luna ignored this in her sister though, or more she did not see how her sister was envying her from afar. Luna could not see this, so she just acted as normally as she could (For their parents not being there) Celestia flew down and rubbed her shoulder, Luna followed behind her sister.

"Alright let's go!" Celestia said as she perked up. Luna nodded and ran off, Celestia ran in front of her.

They ran into the new throne room, stopping to stare at the large thrones that one day they'd fit into. A few ponies looked at them with eyes full of sympathy. Celestia lowered her head until she slowly trotted away.

_________________________________________________________________________

The whole kingdom had been grieving over the loss of their rulers. No pony knew whether or not to make Celestia and Luna take over, (Which was called absurd because one of them was still a filly) Another idea was to have Celestia rule and Luna would join her when she's old enough, the finale one was to have Levier take over (This one was the one the least amount of ponies disagreed with) But even after ideas were thrown one after another, no pony could come to a real decision. Everypony wanted Galaxia and Nebulis back, They wanted words of wisdom from their rulers, comforting looks and and reassuring shoulder pats, Criminals to be justly punished, No pony afraid of the future because Galaxia and Nebulis were there to protect them... but they couldn't protect themselves, and saving what was most likely the world their rulers were lost, most likely becoming ponies to become apart of tales that no pony would believe. Time would swallow the great ponies until only A hooful of scholars, monks and the princesses would remember. This reality crushed the ponies of the kingdom, Making it difficult for the idea of Celestia and Luna to rule over the country. Levier had the closest ties with Galaxia... so she should rule? But Levier proposed on the floor of the state room, that instead, for as of the time until Celestia and Luna are old enough, that there would be a court made up of ponies elected by the ponies themselves. She proposed that if she deemed something truly absurd she could get rid of the law or document, but if the ponies not of the court overruled this by voting than the bill or law or whatever was being passed would be complete. Ponies nodded their heads as she said this, and eventually it was ruled that this would be the temporary government. Several ponies clapped even.

_________________________________________________________________________

Celestia and Luna ran throughout the castle for hours upon hours. along the way Luna even made a half decent map.

"Alright Luna, I think that's all of the castle, though besides any secret rooms or anything..." Celestia said as they neared the new garden which was in midst of getting the flowers re-planted. Celestia then realized something.

"Where are our friends!" Celestia cried out as she turned to face Luna.

"Oh my gosh... They were on the hill with us right? did they get lost in the crowd? Oh no no no no!!!" Celestia said, her desperate speech was jumbled and fast.

"No no no this is wrong where are they...?!?" Celestia said before sprinting off, Luna tried to catch up but Celestia was too fast. A flurry of pink and white whooshed past servants and guards, only to be followed by Luna.

"Where are they!!!" Celestia yelled as her voice trailed behind herself. Levier soon ran out hearing Celestia.

"Celestia slow down!" Levier said as she began to catch up to the young alicorn.

"No no no no no no no!!!" Celestia ran faster, bursting outside she flew into the air, flying towards the hill she almost rammed into a pegasus.

Celestia landed on the hill and searched frantically, though she found no trace of her friends. Celestia ran among the ridge of the forest, calling out their names. Celestia breathed heavily and flew up again, flying towards Canterlot as it was now called. Celestia dove towards the area where the nobility lived. She ran through the streets also calling out their names. Celestia stopped at the end of the road, and crumbled to the ground in defeat, fatigue kept her down.
Where are they...? Celestia thought as she slowly closed her watery eyes. Celestia slowly rose to her feet, her knees shaking were quickly stopped by Celestia. She turned around and walked calmly through the streets. Ponies looked at her as she examined the houses, until a familiar chorus of voices came from behind her.

"Tia!" Wind Song said as she jumped onto Celestia, hugging her tightly.

"You guys are ok!" Celestia smiled as joy overwhelmed her.

"Yeah, well except we were worried! I saw you tarring down the road and though "She's looking for us! either that or she's running-" Ok now i'm just rambling but still! You'e here!" Wind Song explained quickly, a wide smile across her face.

"Where are the others?" Celestia said looked around.

"Oh they were behind me... I guess I'm a bit fast." Wind Song smirked. Ponies stared at Celestia and Wind Song. Wind Song got off of Celestia and trotted away, waving for Celestia to follow. A group of tired looking ponies lay under the shade of a tree.

"I swear when Wind Song comes back I'm going to sock her in the face-" Lily said waving her hoof in the air.

"Nah... Do that if she doesn't come back with- Celestia!" Nebula jumped onto her hooves. Celestia ran over to her friends.

"Now all we need is- Luna!? wow I'm being especially lucky today!" Nebula said as Luna landed next to them. Luna ran over to Wind Song, hugging her tightly. The pink mare held Luna close. A soft smile spread across Lily's face. Spark Shower looked over and sat down with Wind Song and Luna.

"I take it you're tired...?" Spark Shower said as he lowered his head down to Luna.

"Yeah! Jeesh Tia's fast!" Luna said with a small smile.

"If it takes Wind Song to catch up to her then yeah she's fast." Nebula said and her expression softened.

Luna detached from Wind Song and hugged her other friends, though Spark Shower's face turned bright red when Luna didn't let go as a group of "upper class snobs" passed by.

"Alright let's meet here tomorrow? because me and Luna gotta go do our stuff..." Celestia said as she realized what time it was. Her friends nodded, Luna flew onto her back, and Celesta trotted off. Luna waved to her friends and the two disappeared into the crowd.