• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 1,237 Views, 22 Comments

A Time Before - Blue Turtle



Long before the peaceful reign of Celestia after Luna's banishment, The two sisters lived in harmony. Cycling through day and night with each other, inseparable to say the least.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,237

Wilting Flowers Ch.6

Luna was right in the path of the arrow.

"Luna!" Celestia pushed her sister off, putting herself in the way.

The arrow punctured right below her collar bone, but the force was more then enough to send Celestia into shock, a pony who's never had that serious of an injury at that point. But it was also enough to easily pass through her.

"Celestia!" Luna cried as her sister buckled under her own weight, shaking violently.

Guards ran over, firing bolts of magic at the forest where the arrow came from. Levier sped towards Celestia, picking up the shaking filly like a wounded sparrow. Crimson red blood gushed from the wound.

"Celestia I need you to stay awake ok?" Levier pressed down on the wound, Celestia winced in pain, Her vision wavering and blurring. Luna held her breathe while tears streamed down her face.

"it's ok Luna, If she gets medical attention in time then she'll be fine. Promise." Levier looked up at Luna, who was utterly shocked at the sight of her sister's creamy coat turned red.

A pony ran over and carried Celestia away. Lifting her with it's magic. Two guards then brought the two griffons, each wearing cuffs around their limbs. The griffons looked towards Levier and Luna, the banded one glared at the archer when they saw Celestia still alive. The archer gulped, it's eyes darted around, Luna stared at the two. They were mangy, covered in dirt. They seemed skinny, the hollows of their cheeks clear. Luna stared at the archer then to the banded one. Anger and sadness filled her face as it flustered red. Tears pored down her face and she stepped closer to the banded one. She stepped towards it and slapped him harshly.

"You- You're a monster! She's just a filly!" A guard spat out as she looked towards Celestia as she was carted away. The banded one looked down.

"Yeah sure. Innocent filly. Keep thinking that when she goes over the edge and snaps." The archer muttered as it closed it's eyes.

The banded one looked over at Levier who slowly turned around. Luna stepped back, sensing something stirring in Levier. The guards also stepped back as Levier turned around to stare at the griffons. The whites and irises of her eyes turned orange, leaving only her pupils to turn blood red. She glared at the griffons.

"How... Dare you ever speak of her like that." Levier stepped closer to look the mortified griffon in the eye.

She then looked over at the banded one only to have a plant sprout from the ground and move them away. Her eyes returned to normal and she stamped away, the air turned cold around her it seemed. Luna scurried after Celestia, but looked back and saw that Levier was alone, sitting on an old wall. The Sun was finally about to set, the moon peeping over the horizon. Levier seemed to wilt, her head low. Though she normally had lively green ones, they turned pale, some streaks turned brown.

"Tia, I gotta go and sit with Levier, you get better ok?" Luna said softly.

Celestia nodded slowly, then closed her eyes as her vision blurred. Luna ran past the garden, The flowers were ok but the plants started to droop. Luna trotted over to the kirin, sitting by Levier she waited patiently for somepony to say something.

"It's ok for you to be upset." Luna paused as Levier looked over at her.

"No. It's not ok, I lost my head." Levier stated, Angry with herself again.

"Well they did try to kill her, and they said something really mean." Luna remembered the griffon's words

"Yeah sure. Innocent filly. Keep thinking that when she goes over the edge and snaps."

Levier looked over at Luna, seeing she was deep in thought. The green kirin pulled the small filly over and held her close with one wing.

"Why would they do that? Tia isn't some monster! I know that, Levier... why would they say that?" Luna sobbed and snuggled closer to Levier's warm embrace.

"Because they're desperate. The griffons are losing and badly. They need a distraction for the whole country including your mom and dad so they have a slight chance of victory." Levier not wanting to prod any deeper into the matter gazed at the Moon.

"Is she gonna be ok?" Luna looked up, her eyes puffy.

"Yes. Luckily if you can call it that the arrow passed through without hitting her lungs. Though the wound may weaken her for awhile. You'll need to help her ok?" Levier looked at Luna, who seemed shocked at the thought that she'd have to help her sister. It was mostly Celestia that took care of her, the amount of responsibility made Luna quiver with excitement.

"Thank you Levier." Luna smiled up at Levier.

"No, thank you." Levier smiled back.

"Hey Levier... doesn't your name mean Lever?" Luna pondered.

"I suppose so." Levier chuckled at her name.

"Alright, let's go. Celestia probably is waiting for us." Levier put Luna on her back.

"Whoa! It's just like when Daddy does that! You're tall." Luna already knew that Levier and her parents were taller than most ponies, but also any biological alicorns she'd seen.

"Well, I guess so." Levier looked down at her long legs. She trotted towards the castle after a quick flight downwards. As they went past the gates and into the castle, a terrible smell filled the air.

Levier ran past the source though, not wanting Luna to see whatever had happened. Though Levier had her guesses (As did Luna) she decided she'd rather not horrify the already frightened filly. Levier lifted Luna off her back and they walked to the medical office. Celestia slept peacefully in bed. Her shoulder completely wrapped in bandages. An orange nurse came over to speak.

"She should be fine, though her shoulder is damaged and it may be sometime before she'll be able to walk without a limp, if she feels any pain give her these." The pony handed over a bag of herbs.

"Crush them up and keep them cool." The pony said as it looked at Levier.

"Ah yes. Flore de Sol. Good healing plant for serious wounds like this." Levier took the bag. Luna and the pony looked at her confused.

"How did you know that?" Luna and the nurse said in unison.

"I guess being the Earth kirin has it's perks. Knowing all healing and harmful plants comes apart of it." Levier smiled softly. Luna looked at Celestia as she took a deep breath. The alicorn opened it's eyes slowly and glanced at Luna a light smile spread across her face.

"Tia you're awake!" Luna ran over and hugged Celestia tightly.

"Yeah I guess I am... You're okay right?" Celestia said softly. Luna nodded and looked over at Levier as she discussed medical herbs. Levier was mid conversation about the effects of Poison Joke.

"Look who's awake." The nurse pony pointed towards Celestia as she sat up to look at Luna fully. Levier hugged Celestia lightly.

"I'll bring in dinner if you'd like any." Levier said as Luna looked out the door. Celestia nodded and slept.

"She's a fighter, most ponies would have passed out just from the pain." The nurse pony said.

"Indeed..." Levier's voice trailed off. She wasn't sure if it was Celestia who worried her or if it was something else.

_____________________________________________________________________

"We have successfully subdued most griffon forces, a few skirmishes on our seas but other then that, Lion Heart has all but lost." General Quil looked at Nebulis.

"Hopefully He'll give up." Galaxia looked outside as the rain pored down. Soldier's tents glowed dimly with lanterns.

"I doubt it. That fool wouldn't give up until no one was even standing." Another general muttered.

"Sadly... You have a point." Nebulis sighed. The ponies in the large tent all agreed silently.

"What do you propose?" General Quill looked up at Nebulis, seeing the red in his eyes ad how he pawed the ground.

"Our forces are nearing the capitol as we speak. I suggest we storm the castle." Galaxia, surprisingly said.

"But what of the casualties? The capitol is most likely-" The general caught himself.

"I understand that, but in this situation we have the upper hoof. Their forces are tired and hungry, And dwindling as well. not only are griffons dying but they're also running away." Galaxia looked back.

"Then it's settled. Tommorow we will lead the invasion force and capture the city." Nebulis rolled up the map.

"What will we do with Griffania?" Quill said once more.

"If they surrender an end the war we will let them stay, if not then we will capture the whole country and make our land." Nebulis looked coldly at the floor.

"We will send a document before hoof. Hopefully that will sway them." Galaxia looked at her husband. During the war Nebulis lost his left eye and carried a large talon scar across his whole face. Galaxia walked with a slight limp, but other then that she was fine.

"Maybe even if they don't..." Galaxia's voice trailed off as the generals stared at her.

Galaxia just wanted the war to end with as few casualties as possible. Even if they were winning it was mostly because most griffons died of either disease, starvation or freezing to death. Most natural weapons a pony could use were trampling something to death, but griffons also had natural weapons, Beaks that could tare whilst also having claws that could do just the same. Quite a few ponies had lost their lives to these, but when equipped with a weapon, A griffon was a worthy adversary. But bladed wings and hooves along with bolts of magic obliterated most griffons. A lone griffon against another lone pony would often end in either both of them dying or one no longer being able to fight. It was a depressing reality for Galaxia. Nebulis was not too fond of it either.

"Lion Heart is a fool to think that his starving country would be able to fight." Quill said as he looked over at the tents. Galaxia and Nebulis nodded along with all the other generals and centuries in the room.

"It makes no sense, Griffania is almost as big as Equestria!" Another general said as he stamped his hoof.

"Doesn't matter any more. We've tried to talk but he no longer listens." Nebulis muttered under his breath. The cold feeling in the room left after the meeting was over. Galaxia sighed and hugged Nebulis.

"I'm sorry..." Nebulis looked down.

"It's never been your fault. As long as I'm here you'll never..." Galaxia's voice trailed off once more. The subject made both of them uncomfortable but Gaia, the first earth kirin said.

"Just because you ignore something doesn't mean it will go away."

Galaxia sighed and walked away, But a messenger quickly came in and handed a letter.

"Queen Galaxia and King Nebulis,
I am here to tell you that your firstborn daughter Celestia and your second born daughter Luna were attacked. Two griffons attempted to assassinate Celestia, but she is fine now if not wounded. The griffons were taken care of by Levier Aldona. They attacked from the hill, there was nothing anypony could do until it was too late. Celestia will recover but her arm may be not quite as functional. I, the Captain of the Solar Guard, apologize and take full responsibility for this. I understand completely if you are angry with me."

Galaxia looked over at Nebulis, and slowly gave the note. As he read it time seemed to slow. Nebulis growled at it a bit and stamped out, Galaxia followed behind to make sure he didn't do anything he may regret later.

_____________________________________________________________________

" I can't believe it... The war's over..." A servant sighed in relief.

"Yeah..." The chef said as he pounded into a piece of dough.

"Though..." A servant looked down.

"I can't believe that she's..." A tear fell from the first servant eyes.

"Curse Lion Heart. I hope he goes to Tartarus for what he's done." The second servant muttered under his breath.

"A can't believe it. Tore off her arm." The chef grumbled.

"What about Celestia and Luna? What will they think when their parents get back?" A third servant said.

"I heard Nebulis has a scar right across his face. Makes him look even scarier then he normally is." The second servant finished washing a set of dishes.

"Galaxia lost her whole front arm, Now that seems like it'd freak out two fillies." The chef said as he pounded into the dough harder.

Author's Note:

Side note: Funny how Levier means "lever" in french... does this mean something? I dunno, that's for you guys to think about...
>:{D (I gotta stop doing that >.>) Oh and also, Nebulis and Galaxia are also taller then Celestia and Luna even now. Think of it like this: O= N&G o=C&L