• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 1,237 Views, 22 Comments

A Time Before - Blue Turtle



Long before the peaceful reign of Celestia after Luna's banishment, The two sisters lived in harmony. Cycling through day and night with each other, inseparable to say the least.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,237

Dark Ch.7

"Wind Song you got your cutie mark!" Celestia said as she and her friends looked at the balloons on the pink pegasi's flank.

"Lily, It's so pretty!" Luna said as she and her friends looked at the candle.
"I know! I can't believe it!" Lily said, a wide smile spread out across her face.

"A butterfly?" Lily said pointing at Spark Shower's cutie mark.
"Yeah! I love them!" Spark Shower fluttered his wings.
"It's nice and all but... Why is it pink?" Luna said peeping over Celestia. Spark Shower made an unamused face then the butterfly flew off, revealing the actual cutie mark to be a needle and thread.
"See?" Spark Shower said softly.

"It's so pretty Nebula." Celestia stepped closer to Nebula, pointing to the young mares's flank. The scroll curled and tied with a blue bow gracing her flank, Wind Song made a joke about her strutting and the group laughed.

"Wow... That's pretty cool Tia." Luna looked at her sister, The Sun blazed on her flank.

"Luna you did it!" Celestia said excitingly.
"I did it I did it! Levier did you see it?" Luna jumped up and down, The green kirin stepped closer.
"Very good Luna. You should be proud." Levier said with a calm smile.

___________________________________________________________________________

The six friends stood on their favorite balcony. Each one felt the connection they had with each other.

"Hey guys... What do you wanna do before me and Tia gotta do our stuff?" Luna said as she looked up at her substantially taller friends.

"Nah... That'd be the millionth time in a row." Lily sighed.

"We could... jump off the cliff?" Wind Song joked.

"Yeah... how about no." Nebula said with a smirk. Luna giggled along with the rest of her friends. Spark Shower though was deep in thought. A remark some pony said to him earlier was still bothering him even after his friends assured him that it was just some stupid remark.

"Look at that guy, Why does he always hang out with those girls? He's gonna get his dad in trouble for being so reckless." A pony snickered.

"What do you mean?" A pony across the table looked confused.

"Why would you think he'd hang out with the princesses? Two words, Social-Ladder." The first pony said.

"Oh... Wow... He's gonna get in trouble once his dad knows what he's doing." the second pony giggled cruelly. Spark Shower lowered his head until he seemed to hide in his friends.

"Don't worry Spark they don't know you." Nebula smiled as she said this.

But the comments still bothered him.

I'm not doing that... We've been friends since we were little fillies! It's not a social game at all! Spark Shower thought as he scowled. Levier picked this up as she flew in to take Lily and Nebula home (The fast way anyhow) Levier lifted both of the in a green aura and flew with them to their homes. Spark Shower started his way home, the colt, now almost a teen, blushed bright red.

"Spark Shower,Is something wrong?" Levier lifted her brow at the much shorter pony.

"No." Spark Shower grumbled as he was about to lift off.

"I've heard that before and you know what? Every time that pony doesn't open up they end up in a worse place they started in." Levier said looking at the young pony with a face that read, "Just stick around"

"It's just... All these politics and stuff makes it hard for me to be friends with Luna and Celestia. Or any of them really. I was hanging out with Lily at the cafe and some pony made a comment like the one I got earlier today." Spark Shower sighed.

"I see... Well I'd like to say this; It doesn't matter. Do those ponies know you? No. They don't. Defend yourself if you must but don't do what you don't have to." Levier patted Spark on the shoulder.

"Thanks Levier. You always know what to say." Spark Shower said with a light smile. Spark Shower lifted his wings and flew off to his home, the heavy feeling of self doubt off his shoulders. Levier smiled slightly and turned to Celestia and Luna.

"You do always know what to say Levier... How do you do that?" Luna asked curiously.

"Well, seeing as I've lived for quite some time, Watching ponies and the sorts argue and discuss but also my own experiences have taught me what to say and how to say it whilst also being sincere." Levier looked over at the sun.

"Hm. Alright I guess that makes sense. Anyhow, I gotta raise the moon, see you in a few minutes." Luna said, trotting away with Celestia.

"They're nice ponies aren't they..." Galaxia said, slowly walked up to Levier.

"Indeed... I just hope either of them won't-" Levier cut herself off, biting her lip. Galaxia looked at Levier, a tear filled her eyes but was wiped away.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to bring it up." Levier lowered her head.

"It's alright... It's not your fault." Galaxia slowly said, pausing in between words. Her voice was choked up, like it was painful to remember.

"It's ok... It's not your fault either." Levier put her hoof on Galaxia's back, whispering to her.

"Yes it is, if only I had done something." Galaxia lowered her head, staring at the ground yet refusing to cry.

"You don't know what would have happened if you'd done something. For all we know something far worse could have happened." Levier pointed out.

"I suppose you're right..." Levier lifted her head upwards, taking a deep breath, The green becoming vibrate and lively.

"Hm... In a few weeks the plants will need rain once more in the mid west, farther west the plants are fine, eastwards the plants could use more water but are fine-ish. The north is fine for now and south they are in desperate need of rain." Levier said as the greens turned back to normal, a few greenish-browns streaks were in her mane but otherwise Levier was fine.

"I'll send word to the pegasi." Galaxia said, Then walked over to Nebulis, they shared a few words then walked away. Levier watched Luna raise the moon, flapping her wings hard. The filly grew tired and flew down slowly. The moon beginning it's journey. Celestia lowered the sun and breathed heavily, the old pain in her shoulder shot up, Celestia winced in pain as she walked back, the limp visible.

"Levier why does it always hurt my shoulder when I do anything with the sun?" Celestia rubbed her shoulder as she sat down, Luna leaning into her.

"Energy flows through you Celestia, extending itself all over you like roads in your body. But in that area, the road is defected and broken making it difficult to get around, so energy piles up until it must go through, that burst hurts because you normally do not use this much energy at once, but seeing as the Sun is gigantic, makes it harder for your muscles to take the force from the energy." Levier breathed in deeply.

"So the Moon is easier to pull?" Luna looked at her sister.

"No, not necessarily. The moon is still quite large. Not only that but it's solid." Levier said looking at Luna.

"I assure you, You and Celestia have an equal job." Levier said, patting Luna on the shoulder. Luna smiled and fluttered her wings in excitement.

"Tia c'mon let's go!" Luna said running to their new room. It was closer to the throne room but it suited them well.

Two beds across from each other, one close to the window (Which was Luna's) and the other near a fireplace. Luan's bed was dark blue with a pure white crescent on it. Celestia's bed was white with a golden sun in the middle. Luna bounced on her bed eagerly. A desk nearby had a scroll laid open on it. Celestia's horn glowed and it was neatly placed into it's section. Under it was a half done drawing. Luna ran over and took out her quill, only to start drawing on it again. Celestia was peeking over Luna shoulder to see a picture of Luna, Wind Song, Spark Shower, Lily and Nebula sitting there with their names placed above them. Another pony was being drawn, but Luna seemed to have some trouble because the pony was creamy white. Luna searched everywhere for the color. Eventually she came across a color close enough and finished the pony, adding a horn and some wings and labeled the pony as "Tia". Celestia smiled lightly and walked away.

"Hey Tia, do you wanna check out that chamber?" Luna said looking up.

"Which one?" Celestia asked, tilting her head.

"The one that we ran past that one time and Levier pushed us away." Luna said putting the picture on the wall.

"Oh yeah... sure." Celestia said as she preened her wings.

"Let's wait a bit though, I wouldn't want to get yelled at." Luna said thoughtfully.

"So what... tonight?" Celestia said, finishing her preening.

"Yeah, we can sneak down." Luna cracked a wicked smile. Celestia smiled with her until the two broke out in laughter.

"Alright, I'll wake you up." Luna giggled as she crept into bed.

"Goodnight Luna."Celestia said as she closed her heavy eyes.

"Night..." Luna said as she closed her eyes slowly.

___________________________________________________________________________

"Tia, wake up" Luna poked her sister.

"Oh yeah..." Celestial rubbed her eyes, Her muscles felt heavy and slow.

Celestia stretched and yawned heavily, Looking at Luna who was wide awake. Luan put on her paper sailor hat (One she made with Celestia a few days ago) Celestia put black paint under Luna's eyes and giggled softly as Luna did the same. Celestia slowly opened the door and snuck out of the room, Luna on her back. Celestia snuck quietly down the hallway, just as they neared the corner however a tap of hooves frightened Celestia enough for her to quickly fly to the top of the ceiling, high above the guards she watched the group look around then leave. Her wings flapped silently. Luna nearly jumped out of her skin when a guard was about to look up, But Carefully Celestia lit up her horn slightly, and made the glass tap up ahead. The guards rushed towards it and Celestia quietly trotted away. The dark night hid them well, as they neared the doorway however, something was bothering Celestia.

Is there a reason we shouldn't go down there? Celestia thought.

"Luna are you sure we should go in there?" Celestia whispered nervously.

"We can't turn back now..." Luna whispered back.

Celestia sighed lightly and pushed open the heavy door. Celestia walked through and closed the creaky door. The air was damp and heavy, dust particles floated around freely. Luna dropped off Celestia's back and lit her horn, she fired a small spell at a few torches and the room became slightly brighter, Celestia gazed at the statues of creatures seemingly frozen in time, dusty old scrolls lined the walls. One statue caught her attention in particular though. It had the head of a pony, yet it's body was made up an assortment of other creatures. Labeled underneath was "Draconequus"

"Tia... what is that thing?" Luna said stepping closer to the strange creature.

"I'm not sure... But I don't like it, let's go before something bad happens..." Celestia said before a loud explosion was heard upstairs.

Celestia and Luna's eyes widened in horror. Celestia leapt into action, putting Luna on her back, she bolted out of the room, slamming the door as ponies ran past her in terror. Luna hung onto Celestia tightly as they ran towards the explosion's location. Celestia made sure everypony got behind her as another one occurred. Her magic made a barrier that cracked and shook as another wave of red magic pulsed through the sky. Celestia winced as pain spread up her bad shoulder, Luna helped by making a barrier of her own, assisting her sister as the dust cloud began to settle. Galaxia flew to them, her face pale.

"You two need to get out of here. Now me and Levier can handle this, go find your friends now." Galaxia said, her voice slightly shaking.

"Mom-" Luna tried to say and Galaxia pushed the two back.

The dust cloud settled, a pitch black figure standing. Red writing sprawled on it's sides. Blood red eyes glared at them. It's dark purple mane was tattered. Galaxia's expression sunk as Levier came to join her, The green kirin watching in terror at the creature. A wicked smile showed long sharp teeth in the creature's mouth. Celestia slowly backed away, keeping the barrier up. Galaxia and Levier looked behind one last time, watching as all of the city seemed to run out. Guards rushed ponies out of the area while some ran to find family members and possibly friends. Celestia flew up into the sky, gathering her friends like her mother told her to do.

"I knew this day would come..." The creature said as it chuckled. Galaxia glared at the creature, turning her body to face it. Levier lowered herself to the ground.

"You may try to stop me but I'm afraid that won't help you." The creature said confidently.