• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 1,237 Views, 22 Comments

A Time Before - Blue Turtle



Long before the peaceful reign of Celestia after Luna's banishment, The two sisters lived in harmony. Cycling through day and night with each other, inseparable to say the least.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,237

The Draconquus Ch.12

Celestia lowered her head to the ground. Her magic slowly lowering the Sun. Levier stood next to her. Luna flew up to raise the Moon, The Silver sphere rose up into the sky.
"Wow, Luna i'm jealous. The Moon's so pretty. No one can even look at the Sun without burning their eyes." Celestia said, rubbing her shoulder.
"Yea but the Sun is so warm and bright... I don't think the Moon would be much use without The Sun." Luna said as she slowly flew down.
"The Sun doesn't shine at Night Though, A lot more ponies would get lost if the Moon didn't shine." Levier pointed out. Luna and Celestia nodded before Luna jumped onto Celestia's back. For once Celestia could watch the Sun disappear into the horizon, But also see The Moon climb into the Sky.
"I always thought Sunset was beautiful." Levier whispered. Celestia and Luna nodded, watching the Sun finally disappear. The Sky was painted orange, red, purple and blue.
"The perfect Sunset." Luna said, looking down onto her sister. Celestia looked up and smiled at Luna. Celestia trotted towards their room.
"Alright Luna we have some studying to do. StarSwirl is teaching us more spells tomorrow so we'll have to fit in some history tonight." Celestia said as she stepped into the room. Luna hopped off near her bed.
"Okay... I'll get the books!" Luna spoke as she walked over to their library. The shelf good sized; Enough to hold plenty of books at least. Luna's magic wrapped around several history text books and lifted them over to a coffee table. The books laid neatly. Celestia sat down across from Luna and began to list off names of various kingdoms.
"Ignera, Crystal Empire, Colambia, Zebria, Vixland... and... Griffania..." Celestia bit her lip. She felt her blood boil at memories of her attempted assassination. Celestia shook her head.
"Anyways who are their rulers?" Celestia said slowly, putting thought into if she knew herself.
"Um... Ignera is ruled by... Pozar the third. The Crystal Empire is ruled by Queen Dazzling, Colambia is Lord Vuna, Zebria is King Raita and Vixland is Empress Naarashirvi. Jeez Vixland's Empress has a long name." Luna said, taking a deep breath.
"Wow." Celestia said, finding she has every name right. Except she pronounced Pozar's name as poser.
"Griffania is King What-his-face-we-don't-like-him." Luna said, giggling. Celesia chuckled to herself.
"Correct." Celestia smiled. They studied country after country. Celestia realized Equestria wasn't a very large country. By comparison Vixland was almost twice as big.

Vixland
Zebria
Equestria
Crystal Empire
Griffania
Colambia
Ignera

Luna looked at the chart and made a disappointed face.
"I thought Equestria was really big though..." Luna sounded almost disappointed.
"It is. Equestria is the third largest country in the while world! Isn't that amazing?" Celestia said, trying to make Luna feel better.
"I guess so..." Luna said, sounding less disappointed than before. The continued to read until Levier came in.
"You two are still up?" Levier said, surprised.
"Yea, we're learning everything we can about other countries." Luna said, Her smile wide.
"That's great. But you two need to go to sleep. Here... why not sleep next to me?" Levier said. Levier's smile was light and subtle but it was kind and warming. Levier's magic moved around them and placed them in her bed. Her bed was larger then both Celestia and Luna's. Levier pulled Luna and Celestia under her wing. Levier held them close, snuggling them close to her. Luna thought it reminded her of Mom whenever she had a bad dream. Galaxia was always so warm and inviting. Luna shook her head and listened to Levier sing.

Come to me my children,
I'll takes thee away,
Away from the pain and the sorrow,
My wings of the Earth shall take thee away from violence,
I shall protect thee for ever and ever
Forever and ever

Luna felt her eyes grow heavy. Her head buried into Levier. Celestia chuckled.
"She's too cute." Celestia smiled, She laid her own head down (Though not buried in Levier's chest...) and fell asleep. Levier sighed.
"I've tried so hard to protect them Galaxia, Nebulis. But I fear a time will come when I cannot... Please give me strength... I beg of you..." Levier looked upwards. Her eyes searched around the room and through the sky light. The stars told her nothing. Levier lowered her head to the bed. Sleep called her worried mind and even though Levier tried to stay up eventually, She sucumbed to sleep. But little did she know a dark shape loomed over them. It examined them and smirked.
They have no chance. Maybe Levier but these two are utterly useless. They will be good pawns if I ever get to using them. Then again... I may kill them before I get a chance to use them. Hmf... The creature thought quietly. It snapped it's fingers and disappeared. Levier's head snapped up. She looked around and laid her head down again.

Celestia raised the Sun and flew down. Luna had already lowered the Moon. The pain spread through Celestia quickly but it was nothing she couldn't handle. Luna walked alongside her sister as they walked downstairs. Levier joined them for once. The dining room was oddly quiet however.
"Hello?" Celestia said, looking for the chief.
"Is anyone here?" Celestia called out. Levier's face sunk and she fell over.
"Levier!" Celestia rushed over, holding up the kirin's neck. Levier's face was hid by her hair, Celestia pushed it aside. Levier's once beautiful eyes were grey. There was no life in them.
"Levier wake up!" Celestia cried out.
"Anybody! Please help!" Celestia cried out again. Luna ran over. Her face contorted into a defeated expression. She felt helpless. A dark laughter filled the room.
"Who's there?" Celestia snapped. The laughter echoed down the hallway. Celestia shot up, Her face clearly showing great anger. Luna knew Celestia could get angry, but seeing such a kind and loving pony become so angry and frustrated was surprising. Luna walked beside her sister.
"C'mon, Let's go see." Celestia said, Her magic putting Luna on her back. Celestia hated to leave Levier behind but in the state she was in, She wouldn't be very helpful. Celestia sprinted down the hallway, searching for the source of the laughter. It came from the Throne room, though she had the sinking feeling maybe she shouldn't go there. Celestia shook off the thought and ran faster. Sitting there, on Her Mother's Throne was a creature. It had the head of a pony, the tail of a dragon, The back leg of a goat as well as a Crocodile and its arms were that of a Lion and some sort of bird. It chuckled.

Draconquus

"What do you want creature?!" Celestia spat out.
"Creature? Pity. I Suppose Nebi and Gali wouldn't want their precious daughters to know about me." It said with another laugh.
"What do you mean?" Luna asked in terror
"Oh hush dear, Have some fun." The creature said with a wicked smile.
"No. I command you to stop this foolishness at once!" Celestia said in her most commanding voice. The creature blinked then laughed harder.
"W-What's so funny?" Celestia said, Brought down from her stature. Most creatures would shudder at the sound of her voice.
"Oh come now Dear Tia, don't you understand? You can try to defeat me but it's futile. Even your dear parents had trouble defeating me." It chuckled.
"No! I will never stop! I will defeat you unless you return the kingdom back to normal!" Celestia snapped.
"Oh? You want your kingdom back? Fine by me!' *The creature snapped it's fingers and the ponies returned to normal. Wind Song, Nebula, Lily and Spark Shower were right next to the creature. They gasped and ran towards Celestia. The guards lifted up their spears and jabbed at the creature. He dodged their attacks, But before he could laugh a large plant wrapped itself around his neck.
"AGH. How are you awake?!" The creature yelled in anger.
"You forgot that I do not fall easily. I have more strength then you can imagine Discord." The words fell out of Levier's mouth like heavy stones. Celestia extended her wings and ordered everyone out. Discord's expression sunk. He wriggled around in the vines.
"You were my friend once." Levier said stepping closer. Discord's expression changed from depressed to twisted in an instant. He laughed insanely, throwing his head back.
"AHAAHAHAHA! THAT'S RICH LEVI, BUT I'M AFRAID AFTER ALL THAT'S HAPPENED, well that's the past." Discord snickered. Levier sighed, Her expression was pained. Levier closed her eyes and the plants let go, disappearing into the ground.
"Go. Leave this place. I will let you live, But only because of our old bonds." Levier said, Her hair covering her face. Discord hopped down and looked at her. He frowned and teleported away. Levier wiped her face as Luna poked her head out the door.
"Levier are you okay?" Luna said, running up to Levier.
"No... not really..." Levier said with a sigh. Levier faced Luna, pushing away her mane. Tears poured down her face. Luna ran up and hugged Levier's leg tightly.
"Please don't be sad Levier. I'm sorry... we could have helped you." Luna pinched her face.
"That's not why... But thanks for worrying." Levier said lifting up the young pony. She smiled and put Luna onto her back.
"You're quite a bit taller than Celestia!' Luna giggled.
"Now let's go eat breakfast. Seeing as your friends are here I can talk to them a bit more than I have been able to." Levier said wiping away her tears. She walked into the kitchen to greet the frightened ponies.
"Levier!" Celestia cried out and ran to hug the mare, Luna hopped off and hugged Celestia.
"You worried me Levier." Celestia said quietly. Many ponies in the room bowed their heads respectively in the room. The three rose up and went into the kitchen.
"C'mon guys." Celestia said, smiling to her friends. They nodded and followed her.
"Hey Tia, Are you gonna be as tall as your parents?" Spark Shower said looking up to her friend, who was already as tall as most of the guards.
"Eh... I hope not. That seems kinda like an inconvenience." Celestia said, looking down at her feet. She thought of how sometimes Galaxia and Nebulis would have to duck to go under doors. Celestia shook her head.
"Don't worry Tia, I bet you'll be fine." Wind Song said, optimistic as ever. She smiled at Celestia as they walked to the kitchen. Celestia opened the door and let her friends through. Levier smiled and sat down at the head of the table. Luna sat down while Celestia moved everyone's chairs out.
"Alright. Now would be a good time to talk a bit. It's been quite some time since we've spoken to each other." Levier said, A smile danced across her face. The conversation was light, No pony really talked about the incident. Everypony was smiling and laughing (Though they quieted down when breakfast came) That was probably the last time Celestia smiled for a long time.