• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 1,237 Views, 22 Comments

A Time Before - Blue Turtle



Long before the peaceful reign of Celestia after Luna's banishment, The two sisters lived in harmony. Cycling through day and night with each other, inseparable to say the least.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,237

Death by Heartbreak Ch.13

Levier walked down the hallway. It had been a long day, though it could have been worse. Discord could have tried to kill her. At the time she was bluffing. She was tired, it seemed as though Discord had known how to get to her. But Levier knew how to defend this time. She'd be fine if he ever came back. The kirin poked her head out the window to see Celestia and Luna walk onto the balcony. Celestia lowered the Sun and Luna raised up the Moon. They were quite good at their job. Though what troubled her was that though the day had ended the air felt heavier than normal. Was it Discord? or was it just something that happened? She had felt the pressure before this but something was off. Levier shook her head as the last of the Sun's light disappeared below the horizon. Levier sighed and a quick spell lit all the torches. One of the few tricks she'd learned from Ignis. The odd part about it was the smell. It smelled like burnt hair, but also a mixture of the scent of hot metal.
"Who's there?" Levier said, looking around in the dim lights.
"Oh sorry Miss." A pony said in the darkness. Just a servant. Levier sighed and walked onwards. Though the uncomfortable feeling followed her. And she didn't like it. Once again she thought about sleeping close to Luna and Celestia. She promised that nothing would happen to them and nothing would. Levier sighed again and walked down the dining room. Such a quiet place. Celestia and Luna ran down the stairs and jumped into their seats.
"C'mon Levier! If you don't sit the we can't eat dinner!" Luna said with a giggle.
"Alright alright." Levier said, sitting down. Celestia smiled as food was passed around. It was nice to eat like this again.
"So girls how was your day? Anything exciting? You know besides Discord and everything." Levier said smiling.
"Well we trained with Star Swirl and I did a bit of sparring with the guards. Nebula and lily came over to watch, after that we went to the park and messed around again." Celestia said, only pausing to sip her tea.
"Sounds exciting." Levier said before taking a bite of her alfalfa. Luna stuck her tongue out when Levier ate it happily.
"How do you even like that stuff?" Luna said shaking her head.
"I suppose it's an aquired taste." Levier said thoughtfully. Celestia smiled and ate quietly, Though Luna was a bit more sloppy. Levier watched Celestia take her napkin and clean off Luna's face before getting up.
"Alright. I guess we gotta go to bed. See you later Levier!" Luna said happily before hopping onto Celestia's back. Luna and Celestia were getting quite tall. Celestia was already taller than most ponies and she was just a teenager, Luna however was much smaller. Alicorn's growth and height patterns varied depending on what they were more attached to. The Moon was small and the Sun was large. Galaxies and Nebulae are huge therefore so were Galaxia and Nebulis. It'd make sense to have Celestia be so tall. Though it was doubtful she'd ever get as tall as her parents, as is the same with Luna. She may never be very tall, though Levier had a good bet that'd she'd at least be taller than most ponies. Levier shook her head.
Why the heck am I focusing on their height? I have work to do! Levier thought. She stood up and walked to the council room. There was a pop, and then


BAM


Something grabbed her and threw her into the wall. Levier groaned and got up.

Lion paw

She threw a spell into the dusty air. The air cleared. There was so much blood. A gaping hole in the wall was left in the council room, Varies ponies laid on the ground. Each and everyone dead. Pools of blood gathered. Levier bit her lip.
"DISCORD! SHOW YOURSELF!" Levier yelled angrily. Discord jumped down and landed behind her. Levier threw a spell at him, he dodged but just barely. The draconequus jumped up and kicked Levier in the head, The kick threw her back but another angry spell was throw and made contact. Her gasped and held his shoulder then growled.
"It seems I made a miscalculation. No matter." Discord said before preparing for another attack. Levier charged him, bolts of violent magic were thrown. Levier began to turn brown once more as she felt more and more frustrated. A thorny vine shot out of the ground and began to attack Discord. Levier breathed heavily. She strained herself far too much for one fight. But Levier knew how powerful he was.
Why is he holding back? He knows I'll destroy him if I have the chance. Levier thought. Levier fell to her knees.
No... No... No... Levier thought in between gasps. She glared at teh ground, shivered.
"What's wrong? Have I cut off your magic supply?" Discord taunted.
"SHUT UP! I DON'T NEED MY PLANTS TO DEFEAT OU!" Levier shouted she stood up, completely brown. There was no green on her whatsoever. All of it gone. Levier shot another spell, it grazed the top of Discord's head, he lost concentration and put his paw on top his head. Mistake. Levier kicked him in the stomach; Only to follow up with a spell blasted at his face. Discord's magic blocked any serious damage but it did vaporize most of his fang. Levier jumped back.
"Why are you hesitating! You've barely even hurt me! Have the years weakened you? Because if that's the case you're a fool! I've had over 3,467 more years of experience then you!" Levier shouted as more thorny plants sprouted out of the ground. They lashed at the draconequus, he barely dodged any of them. She breathed heavily again. Her plants would tear him apart if even one managed to grab him.
"Experience is nothing compared to power fool!" Discord screamed and in a bright flash of light all the thorns turned to ash. He breathed heavily and smirked at Levier. She stood in disbelief. One bright green streak formed. Discord hissed happily and a bolt of magic struck Levier down. She stood, moved back. The green kirin looked up. Her face formed from depressed disbelief to rage. Levier roared and charged Discord. He charged forward and horns locked. Discord was far bigger but Levier still managed to keep her place. Levier felt herself budge but she stamped her hoof.
"Tell me Levier. How does it feel to fight the one who killed your mother? The True Earth Kirin! Yes I did it! All those years we spent looking for the murder together? It was me!" Discord said, His expression showed her took cruel delight in Levier's pain.
"No... No... NO!" Levier screamed. She threw Discord off and punched him in the face, throwing him into the ground. She stood over him. She shot spell after spell at him. One final spell consumed a massive amount of energy. Her blood red eyes glowed and the spell struck Discord down farther into the ground. She beat him violently, hitting him over and over again. Bloody and bruised Discord was stunned.
"YOU WILL PAY!" Levier said, slamming her hoof into his neck. Discord spat up blood before throwing off the kirin. She hissed and sped down. Magic was thrown back and forth.
Back and forth.
Back... and forth
Back... and... forth...
Back... and into.
Discord's paw clasped around her neck. Levier attempted to pull off but it was no use. Levier felt her extremities numb from lack of oxygen. A thorny plant was wrapped around Discord, but it was shivered.
"There's no use Levier. Until one of us falls this will NEVER END." Discord yelled at her. The green kirin was covered in blood. Some her own some not. Some discord's and some just the ponies who had died before. Discord was just the same.
"So this is how it ends. Dying at the paw of a friend. At least.. someone who was." Levier said as blood gushed out of her mouth. Discord's expression changed for just one moment. From rage to disbelief. Disbelief and depression. Not mixed but separate. But he shook his head. The life seemed to leave Levier quickly. But then.
"L-Levier.." A quiet voice said in the dust. Levier glanced and stared at the small one.
"YOU IDIOT" Celestia charged forward, umping over Luna and slamming her hoof into Discord's side. Immediately he let go and levier stood there.
"You two need to get out of here!" Levier shouted.
"I won't leave you behind!" Celestia screamed. The now brown kirin stood in disbelief.
"I'm not losing anypony! " Celestia yelled in between tired heavy breaths.
"You won't lose anyone now?" Discord scoffed.
"My dear if it were that easy I'd think that a lot more creatures would still be with us. Like your parents..." Discord said with a cruel smirk. Luna was busy trying to pull away Levier.
"W-What do you.. no! You're wrong! SHUT UP THEY'RE NOT DEAD! THEY PROMISED! MOMMY PROMISED!" Celestia screamed. Discord smirked.
"Once again, If it were that easy then a lot more creatures would be al-" Discord said before ducking under a bright yellow spell shot towards him.
"Whoa you're a feisty one! you're the spitting image of Galaxia aren't y-" Discord tried to say once more before Celestia shot another spell at him.
"Definitely...." Discord hissed under his breath. He snapped his finger and teleported to Luna.
"That means if I take this little one away..." Discord smirked. Luna quivered in fear. She took a few steps back. Celestia turned and shot a bolt of magic, But Discord ducked and it destroyed the wall. He grabbed Luna.
"TIAAAAAAA..." Luna screamed before a bright flash of light. They were gone. Celestia stood defeated on many level.s

Her opponent

He got away

Her Sister

Stolen

Her body

fatigue was already weakening her.

Her pride

Shattered

Her caretaker

Dead.

Any love?

None.

Celestia screamed and fell to the ground. She couldn't stop crying. A group of guards found her trying to get Levier to wake up.
"Princess please calm down" One guard said, Celestia however socked him in the face. The mare had fallen into hysterics.
"Ow.. Princess I beg of you. Please we need to get you out here. Please." The guard said, It became apparent that they knew what happened.
"WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP HER! SHE'S DEAD NOW" Celestia screamed at them.
"We couldn't.. I'm sorry.. we're so sorry.. we're so sorry..." The guard said in between a single tear. Celestia lowered her head and got off of Levier. Her body was already decaying, but not like any pony she'd seen. She was more like a flower. Celestia looked up to the sky. It was a cloudy night. Celestia felt every emotion overwhelm her. Because Luna and Levier were gone. They were always there for her, now they were gone. Celestia fell over and wept. After what felt like hours she got up and slowly walked. The guards followed behind her. She was so used to a little pony sitting on her back and a tall kirin walking next to her. But it was just guards in cold armor. She looked at the throne, only to stare at it for a while.
"What now Princess? The whole council is dead and.. She's.. dead.." One guard pointed out.
"I have an idea.. I don't know if it will work.. but I have to try..." Celestia said. The guards were kind enough to bring Levier's body to her. Celestia took out some chalk from where She and Luna were playing earlier and began to draw some sort of circle.
"Celestia! Don't do this! That is strictly forbidden magic!" StarSwirl shouted from the opposite end of the room.
"The plants will die if she does. I can sense a small amount of Life Force still clinging on." Celestia said coldly. She finished the circle and the guards gasped.
"I don't know if this will work. I suggest you all move back." As Celestia spoke the light in her eyes seemed to go out. StarSwirl bit his lip.
"Fine! Just don't die!" He said. Celestia smiled a bit and her horn was enveloped by a sunny yellow aurora. The chalk glowed and magic shot out everywhere. Celestia contained it though. She glared and they all just seemed to flow into Levier. The lifeless kirin glowed bright. Celestia kept up the spell easily. Something was off though. Something about Celestia didn't sit right. But there was nothing really anypony could do. The magic she was restraining could give way any moment. Celestia glared at the circle and gave more power. The room became brighter and brighter the more energy she extended. It also got hotter and hotter. Celestia looked coldly at the circle and in a flash of light the circle was gone. Levier laid there, no longer that of a wilted and dead flower. She was green again.
"C-Celestia!? You.. You didn't.." Levier said softly. But her faced was horrified.
"I knew all too well what would happen. You're more important." Celestia said quietly waiting. An enormous amount of pain spread around her. Mostly her shoulder and lower back. But also her eyes. It was like someone had burned her alive. Everything hurt. She gritted her teeth.
"I knew.. I knew that i'd have to endure the heat of the Sun." Celestia said. And within no more than a few seconds she was on fire. An enormous fireball was created. Like a huge bon fire except multiplied by a trillion. The guards had to step back, Levier had to aswell.
"H-how could she..? That fool.. She'd give up herself..." The guard said quietly. Levier screamed
"CELESTIA NO! I PROMISED TO PROTECT YOU! I CAN'T LOSE YOU AND LUNA! PLEASE!" Levier screamed and ran to the fire. She couldn't get close though. She'd burn to death. Levier fell to her knees.
"Why did you come to save me.. You and Luna should have stayed back. Why?" Levier said, lifting her head up to the intense fire. Only silence; But not. The fire roared louder than any other. Levier watched as the fire burned for hours and hours. Ponies stood by her. A group of powerful unicorns had to pull the Sun upwards themselves. No one was proud to do it, seeing as it hurt. The Sun climbed up slowly, like it was being pulled by breaking strings. Levier watched and bit her lip. The fire was still burning and brightly too. The Moon went down as usual, StarSwirl guessed it was because Luna had done it. For that day, All of Equestria mourned. In only a matter of hours had the news of the fight had spread. The only good part is no false information was spread. But the pain of loss stung the ponies of the kingdom.