• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 1,237 Views, 22 Comments

A Time Before - Blue Turtle



Long before the peaceful reign of Celestia after Luna's banishment, The two sisters lived in harmony. Cycling through day and night with each other, inseparable to say the least.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,237

Memories (Prt.1) Ch.19

Luna yawned and slowly got up. The morning mist was crisp and cool. For once there was a little moisture in the air. She got a pretty good night sleep for sleeping on dirt. Levier was still asleep so Luna was careful to be quiet. She took in surroundings seeing as when they set up camp it was sunset. Luna had a pretty good idea but it was a good idea that Levier would want an easy path to go through. Luna looked around, the earth looked just about as it did everywhere else; brown. What was left of vegetation was either a shade of muddy yellow or a greyish brown. The husks of trees around her were darkened from the sun but without water they were brittle and she could crack them if she pleased. There was nothing very edible around; dry dead grass didn't seem very appetizing so she checked her leaf bandages. They were fine surprisingly. With nothing to do the little alicorn let out a bored sigh.
I can't wait until we go back to Canterlot. This is boring. Luna thought as she took a deep breath. Her warm exhale made a cloud of condensation that rose into the air before disappearing.
At least the plants have a little water. luna thought as she shivered. It had been so hot for so long that for it to be so cool in the morning that it was like it was cold. She knew however that the morning col would only last so long.
"C'mon Levier. Get up. We got some walking to do!" Luna said anxiously. She fluttered her wings. Levier however didn't seem to wake up. She laid there, stiller than stone.
"Come on Levier I know you're tired but we gotta go!" Luna said, tugging on Levier's ear. Luna's mind began to fill with thoughts that buzzed around her head. She slowly poked Levier's side. The kirin was cold. Very cold. She also didn't seem to take any breaths. Luna's lip quivered and she got closer.
"This isn't funny Levier... wake up." Luna said, her voice choked by fear.
The color seemed to drain out of Luna's face. The kirin's gaze forever looking forward. She had a small smile on her face yet her discolored eyes told another story. Luna could only stand over the kirin and wait for a response if any came.
Levier! This isn't funny! We gotta go back to Canterlot!" Luna said angrily. SHe gritted her teeth and hit levier as hard as she could in the back (However it was not very hard...) Levier's eyes lit up and green rushed into them. She jumped up with heavy breaths. Luna jumped back in surprise.
"S-Sorry. I thought I felt... water?!" Levier said. She smiled brightly and rolled around in the dew. The plants under her began to turn green. Luna blinked.
"Uh.. what exactly is going on?" Luna asked in confusion.
"This is wonderful Luna! Water! I can't believe it!" Levier said. She beat her wings in excitement.
"It's just dew... that won't last your plants forever." Luna said somberly. Levier still smiled.
"Don't you see Luna? It's cooling down! No longer shall fire be... well everywhere." Levier beamed. Luna took a moment to think.
"Maybe Celestia's not Radiant anymore." Luna said. Levier bit her lip.
"Like I said it may or may not be a possibility. But don't give up hope!" Levier said, smiling at the end. She rubbed Luna's head and they began to walk. Luna didn't complain but it seemed like they had been walking forever.


_______________________________________________________________________



The angry creature hissed and roared. It threw it's helmet off and stumbled around. It's flaming wings and tail lit the dark cave around it. The cave was nothing special; a semi-shallow yet large hole in the side of a mountain. It stumbled into the side of the cave and and leaned on to. It's lip quivered and up from it's mouth came lava. The glowing pool seeped into the cave ground. It bit it's lip and lifted the helmet back onto it's helmet. The two pieces of armor clicked into place and the tall alicorn stood up. It waked over to the center of the cave and laid down. Though sleeping in armor might seem crazy to some ponies the tall alicorn didn't care really. It didn't want anypony to see it at it's weakest moment.


"Hey Tia.. I have a qwuestion." Luna, only a filly, asked her older sister.

"uh.. what?" Celestia answered.

"If the sun's so hot then why aren't you on fire or something?" Luna asked as she tilted her head. Her blue eyes looked directly into her older sister's purple eyes.

"Oh silly. We're the power source for the Moon and Sun. We're not actually them. That would be weird." Celestia giggled. The two stood from the balcony admiring Canterlot. Galaxia opened up the doors an smiled warmly at her daughters.
"Mommy! Guess what I learned todway!" lUna said excitedly as she ran over to her mother. The tall alicorn bent down.
"I'm listening..." Galaxia said and she nuzzled her youngest filly. Celestia smiled at her mom.
"Tia said the reason we're not on fire or like blocks of ice is becwause we're just the power swource." lUna said. Galaxia chuckled.
"Yes. Thank you Celestia." Galaxia said, looking towards her eldest daughter. Celestia walked over as Luna climbed onto her mother's back. She nestled herself in the orange and blue mane. Galaxia hugged Celestia briefly and they left for lunch.


The tall alicorn roared in anger from it's sleep. It slammed it's hoof into it's head with a loud clang of metal.


"Tia can we go play now? You've been kinda busy lately..." Luna pouted.

"Of course Lulu!" Celestia said as if it were obvious. Luna beamed and a large smile grew on her face.

"Thanks Tia! You're the best big sister ever!" Luna said as she hugged her sister tightly.

"And you're the best little sister I could ask for." Celestia said. Just then she gt a devious idea.

"However... that doesn't mean I won't.. TICKLE YOU!" Celestia said.

"No!" Luna yelled out, trying to sound annoyed. She bolted around the garden trying to shake off Celestia but eventually Luna did get tickled. Luna laughed and tried to push her sister's hooves away but to be honest she may have enjoyed it. Luna got Celestia back by tickling her though she had a bit more trouble finding her ticklish spot.


"STOP IT!" The tall alicorn roared. It let out a screech and banged it's head into the ground. It's eyes glowed with anger as it stood up. It huffed as it stumbled around, breathing heavily. The painful memories subsided as it got into the light of it's Sun. It let out an angry roar and let out bursts of magic. They tore the ground apart, making it difficult to walk or even fly with all the heat. The tall alicorn looked around to see the large dark scar it had left on the earth. It walked back into it's cave and made a skylight with another burst of magic. It laid down under the skylight, sleeping. But only just. Even as it slept it's face would contort in fear and anger. It mumble something and roll around. Sleep would not come easily to the demon.


_______________________________________________________________________



Luna smiled and fluttered her wings as Canterot came into few. After almost five days of walking they'd made it. Levier picked up speed and trotted down the long pathway into the city. Luna ran behind her. The gate slowly opened to an utterly stunned city. Most of the ponies looked thin but not starving thankfully. Levier was worried that they'd run out of grain. The crowd stared at them, mostly Luna. The small princess was so.. so thin. A grey unicorn slowly walked towards her. His face showed pure shock to see her bones poke out of her.
"L-Luna?" the old grey unicorn asked.
"Uh.. yea.." Her raspy voice creaked out.
The unicorn could only stare at her, the crowd was silent. Levier stood next to her.
Let's go Luna." Levier said quietly. Her voice raspy and dry.
"Wait! Let us help you along the way." A group of younger ponies pleaded. Just then Luna was carefully set down onto a tall stallion's back.
"Thank you Sir." She said politely. The stallion gave a light but pained smile. Levier was allowed to lean onto the other ponies as they walked back to the castle, drawing eyes along the way. Luna wanted to stop when she thought she saw Nebula and Lily but she decided not to. Her stomach growled at the sight of the dried grain. Luna hushed her stomach as they walked, eventually reaching the castle. The guards quickly let them through.
"Thank you!" Luna said happily as the group of ponies smiled and walked away. Though it was all to easy for other ponies to see the pain in their face as they walked away.
"Poor little girl.. she's so thin."
"How could any pony get that thin?"
"You try not eating for almost two weeks. Then we'll see just about how thin you'd get."
"I know but... it just seems so unreal..."
"Yea... I hope it stops being so hot soon or all the water is gonna dry up."
"I'm more worried about Princess Luna. She's probably gonna be in a lot of pain once she gets something to eat and drink."
"At least she won't starve to death. Poor girl... And she gets kidnapped then come back to find out her sister went crazy."


_______________________________________________________________________

Spark Shower, Lily, Wind Song and Nebula quickly walked down the red carpet in front of the throne. Levier sat there with Luna at her side. Levier knew they'd have to act fast before Celestia was completely swallowed. Luna however hadn't eaten anything for almost two weeks. She'd only had a few sips of water. Levier knew very well she would have to explain the situation. The four respectfully bowed to Levier. Luna darted behind Levier, she didn't want them to see her.
"Levier, what's all this about?" Lily asked, her voice gruff.
"C'mon Lily she asked us to come." Nebula said, annoyed with Lily.
"Where's Luna!" Wind Song said in fear.
"What happened to Celestia?" Spark Shower aske.d levier raised her hoof and they quieted.
"I will answer soon enough. I can answer Wind Song's question first however." Levier said. Before Luna could protest Levier pushed her forward. Her friends stared at the small thin alicorn. Luna's back legs shook. Not because she was afraid or anything. She was just too heavy for her legs to hold her up. Wind Song walked forward slowly, taking shaky steps towards the tiny alicorn.
"L-Luna?" Wind Song asked. Luna looked so small; her bones seemed to poke out of her and her cheeks were hollow. Her eyes seemed to be locked in a wide-eyed state.
"Uh.. Hi guys.." Luna creaked out.
Wind Song pulled her into a hug.
"You gotta stop worrying us like this. You'll give me a heartattack." Wind Song. Wind SOng could feel her tiny ribs lightly jab her.
"I won't snap you in half if I hug you er something right?" Lily asked. Luna giggled. Nebula glanced and Spark Shower and joined the group hug. Levier smiled lightly and her face softened. They pulled away as Luna sat down to listen to Levier.
"Luna. I must ask you a question; What do you feel when you're around your friends?" Leier asked.
"Uh.. well. I feel happy... safe, warm?" Luna answered, unsure of Levier's question.
"Are you tired now?" Levier asked, her expression still soft.
"N-Not really actually. I'm pretty hungry but..." Luna said. Something dawned on her.
"So you see it now don't you." Levier said, walking forward. Luna gasped.
"The Elements of Harmony? I thought the kirins and my parents were the bearers." Luna questioned. Her friends looked at them.
"The Elements of what?" They said in unison.
"The Elements of Harmony; The most powerful magic to ever exist. Not even the White Demon could handle them." Luna said, turning her head to her friends. They all blinked. (Except Nebula)
"Mmkay. What's The White Demon?" Lily asked. Both Nebula and luna face hoofed.
"The White Demon is the most powerful of the Nightmare forces, she grantz power to those she's able to prey upon. Though most of the time it costs them their sanity." Nebula explained as if it were obvious.
"You would be right Nebula. Aurinko is it's true name however. Long ago when ponies were just starting to form the first tribes me, Ignis, Ventus, Aquarias, Nebulis and Galaxia fought Aurinko. She was powerful; she almost beat us if it weren't for Galaxia realizing the true power that could be unlocked only through harmony. This harmony is capable by all though only the bearers of the true elements can use this power to their full extent." Levier explained. The ponies listened intently.
"There are six elements. Mirth, Hospitality, Benevolence, Faithfulness, Devotion and the final element; Magic itself." Levier continued.
"What exactly are you saying?" Lily asked bluntly.
"I will tell you as soon as Luna heals. I'm sure she's tired for so much walking." Levier said. Luna smiled at at them and ran over to Levier.
"Uh.. ok? Bye Luna. See you later." Spark Shower called out as they left.
Luna looked up to Levier.
"Come now Luna. You need to eat and rest." Levier said. They departed as council members walked into the room. Luna smiled. Her stomach growled at the thought of food. Her mouth would water if she had any to spare. She already ad a headache from her brain finally coming to it's senses. Miles upon miles away an armor clad demon stood at the edge of it's cave.
They plan on defeating me with the Elements of Harmony? Pathetic. Those weak foals could not even dream of defeating me.