• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 3,553 Views, 75 Comments

Lost - Cyanjames2819



A new creature is loose in Equestria, and the Princess of the Night must figure out what it is before anything happens. Fluttershy is now missing from Ponyville and Luna fears the worst for the timid little pony.

  • ...
13
 75
 3,553

Chapter 26: The End Game, Part 3

Nebula rolled and skipped across the dirt road, earning pained grunts and groans as he went on for a block more before he slid to a stop. He growled at the immense pain coursing through his whole body, his nervous system burning him alive, inside out.

He huffed and slowly opened his eyes to look at his clenching clawed hand. He pealed his digits, revealing the still glowing stone. He slyly smiled at the object and curled his fingers back around it.

A two-toned voice chuckled evilly, “Here I thought you’d be more of a challenge, oh great and powerful guardian.” It chuckled once more, its footsteps now going towards him, “How did it feel when you failed to protect poor Fluttershy?” Nebula winced at the memory, “How did it feel when you scared your little creation, Playtime?” Nebula then felt his opponent clamp down onto his neck. With a pained winced and a groan, his new attacker lifted him up, “How does it feel to lose a whole town of kind ponies, Nebula? Hmm?”

When Nebula forced his eyes open to look at his attacker, his pupils shrank when he saw the young, fellow dragon looking back at him maliciously, “Spike?” he choked out. The once happy, purple dragon was now more evil than anything else. His long serpentine body was black as the darkest shadows, the spines were purple and the fins on his cheeks were a darker shade then the spines. His once green eyes were now blood red, almost as if he was staring into his soul.

He smiled, “Lending him some of your power was a bad choice, Nebula.” He said, then threw him over to stand full of flowers like he weigh nothing. “Such a titanic mistake!” he yelled at him and laughed maniacally.

Going against his body’s demands, Nebula crawled out of the splintered, pile of wood, dirt and flowers and flopped down onto the ground with a grunt. “Leave Spike out of this, Demon…” he panted, “It’s not his fight.” He demanded. He started getting up on three legs and looked up with his eyes as his head hung low to the ground.

A collective gasps was heard as the two looked down the road to see the Princesses and the five Elements. Twilight frowned, “What did you do to Rainbow Dash!?” she yelled, her horn now glowing dangerously at her once, number one assistant.

He chuckled lightly with a malicious expression, “Let’s just say she is not with us at the moment…” when he finished, he started laughing maniacally as he saw the shock faces of the ponies.

“How dare, thy, harm Loyalty!” Luna yelled as she started charging up her horn for an attack.

“Are you sure you should do that, little Luna?” Spike replied with a grin, showing all his sharp, tagger like teeth. “Are you sure you want more ponies to despise and hate you by harming Equestria’s trusted Baby dragon?” As Luna reeled back in realization, Spike’s grin grew even more, “I thought so… but I have no problem harming, every last one of you.” Just as he reeled back, his gaping mouth glowing red hot, Nebula tackled his side, sending them both on the ground with grunts.

“You are not Spike, Demon.” Nebula quickly got up to his feet and pressed down onto the younger dragon’s neck, “I will not let you harm anymore of my charges!”

Spike laughed and used his tail to wrap it around Nebula’s own neck and yanked him down to the ground, “Then you shall be the monster of Equestria!” he yelled back and stood up, facing down his opponent with malicious intent.

Playtime and Fio galloped as fast as they can, away from their caretaker, Sunny, from leaving the town hall.

“Playtime! Fio!” the two fillies looked back and saw the mare gaining on them, the little bird struggling to keep up. “Your mothers will be worried to death with you both!” she yelled.

The two fillies rounded the corner and quickly scanned through the street to find a hiding spot. Fio quickly tapped her friend and pointed towards the barrels nearby. The two quickly galloped up to them, jumped in one together and Playtime closed the lid with her magic with a bit of struggle.

As they panted, trying to regain their strengths, they both looked out through the small round hole and saw Sunny galloping into view, frantically looking for them with a worried expression. Just as the little bird caught up to her, she started galloping once more, leaving her feathery companion in her wake. The small bird seemed to sigh and bolted after the mare once more.

The two fillies took a moment to catch their breaths as they leaned on one another. They knew they were going to be in Huge trouble after this, but they wanted to help their fellow dragon in someway.

Playtime began breathing easily. She hated herself for being so scared at her own father. She should have noticed her mother’s actions and how she looked at the dragon with hopeful eyes. She shook her head and looked around the barrel’s interior to get back on track.

She looked at her friend, “Are you ready, Fio?” she asked the now rested filly. She nodded and Playtime used her magic to pop the lid off. “You go first.” She said to her friend.

Fio nodded and stepped onto her friend’s back to reach the top. Once she had her little hooves over the edge, she lightly hopped off Playtime’s back and accidentally flipped over with yelp, landing onto her rump.

“Are you okay?” Playtime asked.

“Uh-huh!” she replied and looked through the peep hole. “How are we gonna get you out, though?”

Realization dawned on her, “Oh… Um…” the two started pondering on the spot. “Oh!” Playtime yelled out, “Fio, can you tip the barrel over?” she asked.

“I’ll try.” She answered and walked around to the back. She reared up and rested her fore hooves onto wooden container. She started pushing; the barrel tipped over and released its prisoner. Playtime rolled out and slammed her chest on to the ground with ‘Oof!’. Fio ran around and helped her friend up, “Are you okay?”

Playtime started brushing off the dirt from her coat, “Yeah, I’m fine.” She answered.

The two started looking around the new ghost town of Equestria. Calming winds whistling in the air, but then replaced by cries and roars of battling dragons.

A small house crumbled down as two black beings crashed through it. They both landed down with grunts, but Nightmare quickly regained his footing, a big grin plastered onto his face.

“Just give up, Nebula!” he laughed at the tired dragon, slowly getting back up onto his feet, but still kept his left arm off the ground, clenching his claws to a fist.

The little fillies quickly hid themselves behind a cart, peeking out to see what will happen next.

“Never, Demon.” Nebula began, with a rough cough, “You will no longer terrorize the good ponies of Equestria or my family.”

“So a baby dragon is an acceptable loss?” Spike grin evilly, now starting to circle his opponent.

“I didn’t say Spike will parish, Demon.” He replied, glaring daggers at him.

A group of ponies rounded the corner, their eyes set on the two dragons staring down each other. Unlike the others, Fluttershy made a quick scan of the area around them. While doing so, she almost didn’t notice two little fillies hiding behind a cart full of goods. She squinted her eyes and gasped with wide eyes once she recognized them both.

“Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!” she whispered to herself, lightly shaking her head.

“Fluttershy, what’s the matter, dear?” Rarity asked, a little confused to why her friend was acting up.

She shakily pointed her hoof. Rarity followed the direction and lightly gasped as she saw Playtime and Fio hiding nearby the dragons, facing off.

“O-oh dear.” Rarity said as well.

Before Rarity could say anything, Fluttershy rushed over to a nearby stand, and started jumping from one hiding spot to another, trying to get to her daughter and her friend. The other mare’s noticed as well, and started whispering for her to get back, not noticing the two little fillies hiding.

Rarity shushed them frantically, “You’ll give her cover away!” she said to them.

“But she’s!” Pinkie accidentally called out.

Celestia suddenly used her magic to push them all to the ground as a raging fireball flew right over them. They all scrambled to nearby stands and buildings to get into cover, their hearts racing a mile a second as they gasped for air. They all then glared at the pink mare. Pinkie chuckled nervously, “Oops?”.

Fluttershy hid herself; relieved that her friends weren’t barbequed on the spot. She slowly peeked out and saw both Nebula and evil Spike were now attacking one another, her dragon cursing at Nightmare for trying to burn his friends.

She quickly jumped to another stand and peeked out to see the fillies watching the battle. “Pssst!” the two started looking around and spotted the ponies at least a few yards from them, hiding from the brawling dragons. “Pssst!” she called again. They both looked to her direction, their eyes bulging out once they saw her. She waved for them frantically to get to her.

“Well, well, well…” Fluttershy gasped as she saw Spike staring right at her with malicious grin. He started charging towards her, knocking down Nebula with his side.

“Hurry!” She yelled to the girls. They both screamed as the cart was knocked away by Spike’s swinging head. He then grinned down at the small fillies.

“Just what I needed.” He said to the small fillies. They both screamed as they both were snatched up by his dark magic, turned to a building, jumped, ran across the walls by digging his claws into the wooden frame and landed down on the same road, well away from Nebula and the gathering ponies. As the Princesses and the unicorns started charging their magic, Spike grinned and used the fillies as a living shield. “Go ahead and blow away the younglings!” he laughed.

Nebula growled, “Put the fillies down, Demon!” he yelled, limping closer to him with glowing, raging eyes.

Spike to a step back with a big grin, “Then let’s make a deal, fallen angel.” He chuckled at Nebula angered expression, halting his advance. “I take your body for the filly…”

Nebula gridded his teeth at the dilemma; Equestria’s destruction, or save two fillies and the eventual destruction. He really didn’t have any choice, but then the small lump in his fist told him another choice. Save two fillies and Equestria for him.

When Nebula bowed down before Nightmare, all the ponies were shocked. Spike chuckled and started extending out a single tentacle like mist towards him, “You are wise to bow down to you rightful master.” Spike said with a grin.

As the inky, magical appendage advanced towards him, Nebula whispered to his palm and rested it down on the ground and ever so slightly smiled with closed eyes.

As Nightmare started wrapping his magical grip on Nebula, he started to leave, and draining the power from Spike’s own body, but still kept a good grip on both whimpering fillies. When Nightmare left entirely out of Spike’s body, the baby dragon collapse on the ground with a light thump like a ragdoll. Nightmare’s cloudy mist engulfed Nebula entire body, and after a moment, all the ponies gasped as they saw the monstrous creature of the night stand up on all fours. The shape of the inky body was a dragon with two large wings splayed out and two smaller ones right behind them. Its tail split into two as they whipped around the air with arrowhead shaped tips. And lastly, its head had a pair of glowing purple eyes that pierced through every one of the ponies very souls. Its eight horns curving out, showing them it was the new monarch of Equestria.

All of a sudden, the moon started rising from behind the mountains, eclipsing the sun to darken the land. Turning the skies half day and night.

The draconic Nightmare looked down the frightened and awed ponies with a glare. It then released Fio from its grip. She screamed as she fell, flaying her little hooves in their air to try and slow down her descend. Just as she about to hit the ground, she was covered in an aura of magic.

Celestia and everyone sighed in relief, and levitated the small filly over to them. They all looked up at the second filly, expecting Playtime to fall as well, but after a moment, they all became uneasy.

“What about, Playtime!?” Twilight yelled.

Nightmare grinned wickedly at them, and spoke with a booming, two toned voice, “I didn’t say ‘Fillies’.”

Fluttershy’s eyes widened in horror, “No! Please Give Her Back!” she yelled in desperation. Playtime whimpered as half of her body was engulfed by Nightmare’s magic.

It chuckled at the mare’s please, “Beg a little more, and I might just leave you her body.”

Just as Nightmare finished, a rainbow blur bolted and sliced through the tentacle, earning a pained cry from it. Playtime fell out of the sky with a scream, but was caught by a battered looking, cyan Pegasus. Rainbow crashed down onto the ground while covering the filly with her body with a pain grunt. The mare bounced around the road a few times before coming to a full stop.

Playtime slowly opened to her eyes, and saw her savior’s eyes looking down at her with a small smile. “Yah okay, kid?” Rainbow asked her with a raspy voice.

Playtime hugged her tightly, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!” she cried out as she whimpered and sniffled into Rainbow Dash’s warm coat.

“How Dare You!” Nightmare roared at the Pegasus. “You Shall Be An Example For Harming Your New Ruler!” It started going towards the battered mare to finish the job, it’s steps shaking the ground like a mini earthquake. Celestia used her magic and quickly yanked both Rainbow Dash and Playtime away from the crushing blow of Nightmare’s powerful stump.

“Run!” Luna yelled to every one of the ponies.

As the ponies of Ponyville ran for their lives, away from the giant, nightmarish creature, the dormant form of Nebula cracked his eyes open from within Nightmare’s core. He made a sly smiled and whispered, “It’s time…”.

Nightmare quickly stopped his rampage, and looked around, hearing an echoing voice within his head. Suddenly, Nightmare started grinning widely, feeling more and more power flowing through him like a crashing wave. The monstrous creature grew and grew, laughing as it did, “Mooorre!” it yelled, causing everyone in Ponyville to cover their ears while wincing. Nightmare crushed a few houses and made craters as it grew even more. Nightmare roared, its voice echoing for miles and shattered the windows in Ponyville.

Within Nightmare’s core, Nebula was completely drained, but kept on smiling. He knew Nightmare’s core was now unstable. All it needed now was a strong blow from pure energy, and Nightmare will receive that blow from a small package from the heavens. “Look… up…” he whispered.

Nightmare’s head twitches, as the crazed, power hungry beast looked up to see a bright star in the sky. With a sudden flash of light, the star launched a small object to the sky, arching across brightly with a trail of light right in its wake. Nightmare grinned as it changed course and started plummeting towards it. “Yes! More!” he yelled and opened its mouth wide.

Nebula smiled and whispered, “Bye, bye…”. Before Nightmare realized it, the falling star tore right through it, shredding its body like wet paper, and when it reached its heart, the whole body exploded in a bright flash of light.

The falling star then crashed near the Golden Oak Library, making a small cloud of dust to mushroom in the air.

Every single pony were at awe as they witnessed the fall of a Nightmare, the shadowy, shredded body parts dissipating in the air and whisked away by the winds. After a moment of silence, everyone roared out, cheering as the terrible monster was destroyed. All but two ponies.

Fluttershy galloped through the street, looking frantically with Playtime on her back. The two searched where Nightmare once was, but came up empty. The rest of the group galloped up to her, Applejack carrying Rainbow Dash on her back.

“Fluttershy, what’s the matter?” Twilight asked, her number one assistant resting on her own back.

“Nebula!” she yelled out.

“Daddy!” Playtime followed right after.

The other realized and started looking along with their frantic friend. Tears washed down from Fluttershy’s eyes as hope started to die out, Playtime herself started to whimper on her back. Just as she started stumble on her hooves, a ghostly blue light with a faint tail passed them by, gently swirling and dancing through the air. Fluttershy wiped her tears away with her wings and started galloping after the orb.

The small orb rounded a corner and she quickened her pace. She skidded to a holt and saw the light was dancing around a smoking crater near the library. She started galloping towards it, and once she got a little closer, she and Playtime saw the grass around the crater had grown considerably large, a few flowers blooming as well, making a protective, living wall.

She slowed herself and went through the tall grass, covering her little filly with her wings. Once she got through, she saw a small creature, cooing and crying out, pawing at the glowing orb with glee. She and Playtime gasped as the small animal looked exactly like Nebula when he turned himself smaller. It had the same feathery wings, tiny horns, and a fluffy coat and tail.

When it saw the two ponies, it stopped playing with the orb and rolled over to look at them. This one though, on its forehead had a small four pointed star and had different colored eyes. Teal, just like Fluttershy’s.

It cooed to them and slowly started trying to crawl over to them, calling out to her. The baby dragon stumbled a few times, not used to having using its legs just yet. When he reached them, he wrapped his little arms around her fore leg and looked up at her with wondering eyes, seemingly pleading to her for something.

Fluttershy slowly sat down on the now grassy crater and gently pulled the baby dragon to her. He curled up against her warm stomach and nuzzled into her for warmth. Playtime walked around her mother to look at the new arrival.

When the baby dragon looked at her, he leaned in to her and sniffed her short muzzle curiously. Right after, he licked her nose, causing Playtime to giggle and rub her nose, “Hi…” she greeted with a sniffle and nuzzled him on the nose with a smile. The baby giggled at her affection, Fluttershy herself giggling at the two.

Slowly, the small orb came back and circled Fluttershy and Playtime. As it did, they both felt a warm sense of security from it, making them smile as it danced around them both. Then out of nowhere, they both heard a calm, soothing male voice echoing into their heads.

“Keep him safe… I’ll be watching…” and with that, the glowing orb rocketed to the sky without a sound and a new blue star was born in the sky, twinkling down at them.

The two ponies looked up at the sky in awe, but turned their attention back to the baby dragon once he cooed. Fluttershy gently, caressed his head, flattening his ears o his head. he cooed in her couch and yawned.

“Fluttershy?” the two looked back and saw her friends and the Princesses looking at her with solemn and sad expressions. “We…” Twilight stepped forward, and levitated out of what remained of her necklace, “We found this shattered on the ground… we think… we think Nebula made a wish before…” Twilight couldn’t finish, but bowed her head, “We’re truly sorry, Fluttershy…”

Everyone bowed their heads towards the two ponies in sorrow, the tears dripping down onto the grassy ground.

Before Fluttershy could say anything, the baby dragon slowly squeezed his head out from under her and looked at all the sad ponies. Rarity slowly looked at her friend and gasp at the sight, “Fl… Fluttershy. Who’s that?” she pointed a hoof. Everyone else looked and gasped at the baby dragon, eyes wide with surprise.

Fluttershy herself looked down and smiled as he looked up at her. She shed a single tear, leaned down and kissed his forehead, “My son… Terra…” she answered and hugged her new son tightly to her, Playtime joining her as she started shedding her own tears with a big smile.

Author's Note:

... It is now done...
Finally! After so many Writer's Blocks, it is now done. Well, the story itself is done. I might as well add an "Extra" chapter in the future to finish it up properly for you all.
Here's the link for young Terra.
http://cyanjames2819.deviantart.com/art/Baby-Terra-426919950
Anyways, what did you think of the story itself? Was it good? Was it decent? Was it bad? Basically just say anything you want.
Till next time, have a nice day, and a good reading, everyone.

Me: (Looked up at the night sky to a peculiar blue star from the balcony of Twilight's Library. I munched on an apple as I slowly swung from side to side in a hammock) So, what's up, Neb?
Neb: Mostly empty space and surrounded by fellow sta... I mean, good. I'm good.
Me: (Nodded with a smile) Found your place, I presume? (I took a bike and chewed)
Neb: I believe I have.
Me: So, what do you do when Fluttershy and the kids are asleep?
Neb: I lay back and play Chess with Luna from time to time. Quite relaxing, our conversations are interesting most of the time. Did you know Celestia had a hidden stash full of sweets and cakes?
Me: (Chuckling, I took another bite, chewed and swallowed) Not very surprising to say the least. (Chuckling) Not too surprising at all.